eros Member
  • from EU - north
  • Member since Feb 15th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by eros

I’ve now had a chance to read through the three papers you linked to here

Homlid reports on a new method of measuring muons, without demonstrating calibration against an existing method of measuring muons.

There you failed, read again please.

He used 1.st plastic scintilator. Al foil is ofcourse first to protect light entrance. It dosn't work if wrap Al foil PMT tube.

2nd he throw away plastic scintilator material completely and substituted it various metal plates (Pb,Cu,Al) and detection with PMT tube, but instead photons PMT tube get betas from metal plates.

There is curves with plastic (exsisting) and various metals (new).

Is it new method for negative muons or not?

I agree paper is not easy to understand, wyttenback correct me so I read again before understand what holmlid mean.

I try to find a description of your setup but I can't find any. Where can I find it? Thank you

It is not availabe because quite sure dangerous thing. And have some things very diffrent as other replications so it is unlikely someone do same without data.
    Ofcourse all needed data is availabe in net.

Quote from Eric Walker: “Could one of the inexpensive components or ingredients you've purchased be radioactive?”

My first thought would Nickel sensitivity- No need for exotic radiation if an allergic reactio is your problem

In EU is quite hard to get any radioactive. As far as I know I don't have nickel allergy. And I have not used (yet) nano scale nickel which is known hazard.

Electric allergy happened inside ~2weeks when I started reactor tests (two diffrent fuels), but it is ~4 months now. Observed no radiation. Then build more powerfull version and after some test it take about month in hospital to cure head.

However those of the energies reported by Holmlid (10-20 MeV) would probably not even be able to enter a standard cloud chamber (again, depending on how the cloud chamber is made). This is what I was putting into question.

That is not broblem, because then they don't fly throught 2mm Pb + 60mm Fe shields. And no strange radiation peresent, because it stops to shields.
    Is alcohor vapour cloud chamber sensitive enough to see muon? Muon have detected first in steam(?)
    Water have more stopping power than air (+minimal alcohol)? So more braking energy to leave tracs?

According to the US patent US 7,893,414 B2 a thin layer of saturated > 90% load of PdD is able to stop most radiation.
    Did anybody try so far to coat an Ag foil surface with Pd and the load it with Deuterium? Or is this to exotic?

Lenr systems eat most radiation (atleast gamma). It is not new thing. There are other patents too.

But energy dosn't disappear and if it happes that PdD wall converts gammas to muon or kaon radiation (not detected easilly/by inventor) is it usable real shield? Or something else?

Holmlid, at least at his power levels. How would a standard cloud chamber behave in this case?

I have feeling that if energetic muons >120Mev etc. then cloud chamber don't detect them??
    Too little braking energy to leave tracs..?

But if moderate/slow down them maybe decay/secondary reactions inside chamber can see?

I found old water freezer. If it is functional I can wrap thermost away + unneeded stuff, put glygol circulation. It maybe can do -10C glygol to circulate/cool chamber bottom, some alcohol + webcam to record. So chamber cost <10$.
    Broblem is that such film is extremly boring/time consuming to find something. Or if strange radiation leave tracks then it can be too foggy to see anything. Ok, need built first, time..

Have not study yet nuclear photo emulsions. They maybe leave track?

Experimenters can use any fuel they wish. The 'Model T' reactor is like a car - the brand of gasoline is entirely up to the owner.

Btw, as engineer48 say LAH and Ni+Li should separate. Come better if have separate heaters for fuel and LAH. Pressure cycles help lot. Mixing everything and one heater don't give controll. Succesfull replication with mixing everything is extreme hard as me365 say. (he also say that everything need controll separate)

So maybe you have soon to offer model T2 reactor with two heaters + manometer? ;)

Remote operation raspi clones are fine like orange pi (price start from 10$). GPIO have SPI, I2C etc. Usb, ethernet etc. Can remote log with ssh.

I am curious. Rossi said that his time in the shipping containers affected his health. I wonder if his symptoms were neurological in nature: headaches, dizziness, ringing in the ears, sand in the eyes and difficulty in sleeping. Did Rossi ever talk about his 1 year test health hit?

Used, cooled down unshileded reactor core can do sun burn like redness to skin also. And very often make eys to hurt later. And is diffrent as welding hurt eys, from reactor it feels eys behind (hit direct to nervous?). Unshielded welding pain feels front of eyes.

Quote from eros: “I have maybe 30g fuel inside”

This (30gr) seems to me to be an extraordinary amount of fuel. Might I enquire what are the main constituents?

Some unknow Ni powder. Maybe from bolinder factory. It purpose was maybe sinter objects, quite big grain. Definitely not nanoscale powder. Wery long time I take some sample from big sack. May have inpurity dust etc.
    So I assume it unefficient vs. nanoscale Ni (surface) then 30g is not much.
    Bare Ni dosn't generate XH for me (so far), but adding some Li I have seen some XH, cop max maybe 1.2.

AR had ~60g Ni in his hall heater, I try to get 5-10kw out (but still failed)

If you're experiencing health issues from your setup, you should stop and consult someone at a nearby university to make sure you're not making yourself sick. Your symptoms are exactly zero evidence of muons. Perhaps you have convinced yourself to your own satisfaction that you are seeing muons; if you wish to convince others, you will need to take some basic steps to rule out other possibilities.

I have been university long time ago, but have not study atom pysics. I have consulted some friends but they can't say anything sure.
    My sympthoms dosn't prove anything your right. For me sympthons prove that some very strange have happened. And if I got healt broblem it is good idea to get shields. I did months ago.
    Shields depends what agains need to shield. So I put some shields then I see increased count rates outside of shields as inside of shields. Not funny.
    I just want shields that work. For other I give only point that when do experiments try get detection steup that are able to detect some high energy radiation too, including muons. (cost is ~60mm Fe + copper tube inside beta sensitive GM tube, less than 50$ insurance. Is it stupid idea or not?)
    And I dosn't try proof anything. I just need to know what almost undetectable radiation is flying out from my reactor.
    It have been over four months that radiation is not detected or it is minimal amounts. Same story as other LENR experiments: no radiation.
    But I got healt issues from radiation "that is not present". Including quite serious mental broblems (newer before, friends know me "rock solid").
    Then three day ago I got hint from Homlid paper that Cu can detect muons. So I put GM tube inside copper tube installed it outside of reactor shields and see too much counts.
    Ever have seen so much near reactor. And as you know that method is almost blind, show only small slice of negative muons.

For axil, camera is not broblem, temp, geigers etc. is posible to datalog. And I dosn't sit 8hrs/day near reactor. I try to be as distant as posible.
    But fuel needs replace, new things need test/built etc. It needs sometimes go near reactor. Shutdown only reduce slowly that radiation. It maybe once started dosn't stop until fuel completely destroyed (dissolve acid etc).
    And if it is machine it is definitely some kind of nanoscale accelerator in mouse holes. "park submarine in matchbox".
    In Me365 1st and 2nd thread his text style changed quite lot. There is posibility that he got that radiation to head too. Maybe diffrent sympthoms but at least text style changed.
    Then he scared plasma reactors and started to develop 5kw reactor. That time he have only enegy to give short ansvers. Then silence. How much more radiation he got with 5kw reactor? I lost maybe 70% of brains in week. Still something left and memory work most parts (I hope, that which is lost I don't know broblem)

1 GeV electrons (and muons) are extremely unlikely to be coming from your experiment.

There is something strange. I assume it is some kind of radiation. It dosn't fit alpha/beta/gamma profile. Ofcourse errors are posible.
    Current best fit is ~120-150Mev muon that hits Cu tube GM. Other energies are posible / method not detect. Cu tube GM method give only small slice of negative muons.
    It give no idea about positive muons amount/energy or outside of moderation window energy negative muons.
    In that window count rates are not low. I don't know how wide that window is. I have no idea how much are outside that window (is it 90% or 99.9% or maybe more?)

So I should trust your word as best shield, ingnore "sand in eyes", headcache etc. what near reactor happens?
    I have already got some damage from previous reactors. I have no idea how it affects my rest livetime. I only warn other experimentalist and give hints how/what I have found. (Holmlid is found)
    And if it is true then shielding is not easy task. Tests with maybe 0.1g fuel amount can do without serious healt broblem. I have maybe 30g fuel inside. Maybe amount that is near dangerous/deadly border..?
    1J is something e-19ev, if I have say system lost power 10w and 1Gev level then 10¹¹ muons /s so is it posible danger or not?

Muons come from pions, but they have so short livetime that dosn't fly outside reactor or??

The only guy who has used a cloud chamber in LENR experimentation is Piantelli. He detected a charged particle coming out of his nickel rod at 6.7 MeV. Piantlli thought that this charged particle was a proton the particle most likely was a muon.

In piantelli patent is included picture. It fly stright, but there is no data is B field present(?) B should effect proton and muon. I am not expert to say what kind of track muon vs. proton leave such used chamber and such "calibration" data is not included in patent.
    Anyway if Ni kicks out muons how muons do secondary reaction in Li7 that are claimed / observed many times? Li7 muon capture can do Be7? But muon needs to slow first and that don't happen inside small reactor?

In "lenr" working reactor Ni should kick out protons 300kev or more to hit Li7. Things are "wrong" if instead Ni kicks protons 1Gev level etc. to other protons / Ni. Too much energy level for economic P+Li producing reaction for 1000x. "launch" gun happens 1000x too slowly.
    It can do it if it is machine.. And functional reactor may sometimes grow that level if wrongly operated / have positive energy gains mechanimisim etc.
    Used functional and unstimulated fuel have that behaviour.. (uh, my other tested cores/fuels on shelf, maybe need dig 10m deep pit..)
    How SMM mode, without stimulation?

Anyway <1hrs work near give swet night again and difficulties to think clear. Without shielding can't continue or it can be last thing here..

Just go outside, sun hurts some eyes.. And not looked direct reactor core there was Fe shields between so no XUV etc..

1Gev electron can penetrate 2-4mm Pb plus ~60mm Fe? And after that give more counts in Cu shielded GM tube as tube inside shielding?
    I think if such hardcore betas present then inside GM tube should be like short circuit? (electronics, shortcircuiting GM tube give continous signal)
    Inside GM tube never give much counts (only when take it outside shields counts rise (inside shields near reactor is less than BG with GM tube "eyes"!) it is like reactor mystically (ok, it is not mystic, it should do that if it is machine) eats some radiation BG like antenna eats RF). So hard to trust inside GM is defected.

How if neutrons present, moderating neutrons with 2mm Pb + 60mm Fe, then 1.2mm Cu to GM?

Disclose neutrons from reason need to change Pb pricks to ~20cm water canister? Water should cut neutrons >90% ? But not much if muons?
    Where I got strength enough to do that?

If energetic protons? (primary reason ofcourse, but I think they decay inside). If high energy proton fly out how it behave?

If most of the energy was really due to high energy muons, containing it in the close proximity of the reactor would be a big problem.

If some portion of energy in lenr reactors escape in muons then shielding is broblem. Bigger broblem than fission reactors..
    But it depends lot of muons energy spectrum / amount per Mwh.

And them detection is not easy, so many experimentalist may have them but don't detect. Small amount don't harm, but when try to get some power out..

Iron shields best, whatever this means if you need half a meter...

According that paper cosmic ray muons ~42cm Fe cuts 90%. Maybe adding B-field in Fe shield can bend slower muons slightly so they travel little longer in Fe, atleast when they are low energy B helps.
    Water dosn't brake them well, but adding borated water 10-20cm after Fe shield can take generated neutrons quite well? (and dosn't do harm either)

And if 40mm Pb drops counts then if muons energy spectrum dosn't have big spikes it means they energy are not 10Gev, but less than 1Gev.(?)
    So crude calculation ~60mm Fe 100, +40mm Pb 75, miinus BG say 20 do 80 and 55 so real drop ~1/3.
    40mm Pb slow ~90Mev, ~60mm Fe slow ~120Mev, so grude quess is that 90% are lower energy than 300Mev. (am I right?)

So if I add ~20-25cm Fe and put some B-field circulating it plus 15cm borated H2O outside it is maybe 98% more safe?
    Duh lot of work and 20cm Fe if have ~25cm cavity inside length ~40cm weight near 2t plus H2O. Lab floor dosn't hold it + 100 more problems..

Anyway <1hrs work near give swet night again and difficulties to think clear. Without shielding can't continue or it can be last thing here..

Conclusion there is no concrete shield for muons with high kinetic energy.
    May be we should calculate their energy first and use a high voltage plate condenser to deviate them!

Crude calculation/quess above. My meters are crappy chinese <40$ to do anything more accurate. And only anomalies are that wrapping GM tube with Cu tube give more counts outside shields as inside GM tube and working near reactor do ill. Not much / posible errors may be.

HV plates are easy to do and if muons and have strigth fly from reactors can maybe do easilly. Broblem is that I can't work near.

Monopoles are closer and a better guess as others claim to produce them ...See: http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LochakGlowenergyn.pdf

Hmm, if I look pages 10-11 pictures for emulsions / analysis data then I say tracks are from muons. And if they are right about energy then it is 1Gev muon.
    How much it leave for muon when proton decay?

Need to study nuclear emulsions, maybe handy tool show/find muons (positive/negative)..

20-30w energy disappering/radiation have error marginal. Meter (pollucom es) have ~3w accuracy spec. But it is old and flow meter may have got some dirt, airbuble etc. I can also mention that once I put "wrong" stimulus to reactor it send something (feel head) and pollucom flowmeter stopped to rotate/register rotation (it have magnet + hall sensor, I think) pump worked as before. Situation hold ~30s, then I hand fibrate/rotated it and it started again register.
    And if summ all energy inputs and posible errors then maybe 0w loss. And maybe errors happens just when change things in reactor. So no 100% sure, but..

40mm extra Pb brick reduced GM tube counts little maybe 20-30% when Cu tube was "cooled" down. So there is hope that enough Pb shields may help. Maybe 100mm is enough? (uh, expensive+heavy)

105.65MeV is the muon rest mass! Not the kinetic energy.

Yep, but lower speed can shield relative easy (Pb, Fe, mass etc). My poit is only that magnetic shielding is not functional solution.

As others already said. You must first figure out which process is able
    to speed up muons and to produce them!

No broblem if it is machine. Principle is quite simple when got idea.. Upper limit who knows, maybe more than cern can do.
    And it include zero new physics. Facts are known >60years.

If we see muon's then we should
    also see a proton decay, which is the only reasonable source of pions
    --> muons ... and we enter phantasy land.

Who have looked proton decay yet? If it happens sometimes inside fuel what come out? Some gammas? (but system eat/don't produce gammas as we know)
    And protons don't decay with ~200Mev. And if there are proton decay chain to muons they energy are not low.

Usable process need to generate ~300kev protons to hit Li, not some Gev. Too much energy, shit happens then you die..

eros if you walk outside -according to Wiki - about 10000 muons hit one m2/s! - I would not fear muons - it 'must' be something else.
    (or heros die silently...)

Sometimes 20-30w generation/disappering power give some respect. Something else - what else radiation it can be?
    If it is normal radiation I should be dead already.

As I said, I wonder whether it might be MeV electrons. That would be my first guess.

Yeah it is beta which hit GM tube. You right. But we talking where such beta come.

From reactor there is 0.5mm Cu + 2-4mm Pb + ~60mm Fe, then ~1.2mm Cu tube covered GM tube. Some Mev betas can't penetrate such shield. Most of braking radiations stops to shields.
    Braking radiation should be strongest near 0.5mm Cu - 2mm Pb plate region where is 1.st GM tube if betas are from reactor?

But if muons then shields slow down them and some may stuck to Cu tube and do betas that tube detects?

I just put additional 40mm Pb brick under Cu GM tube. No noticiable effect. Ok, Cu tube can be "hot", need to wait.

Posible other explanations:
    - Neutrons can go through shields, but them should activate Fe then xrays should come and another GM counter readings grow? (need to get ~30cm canister borate water to test)
    - 1.st GM tube can be defective (but still give counts?) (need to order more tubes and counters)

Hopefully for everyone's safety there's nothing flying around at 200+ MeV creating the muons

If it is machine it can do it easilly. (too easilly, you can got needed stuff from net <100$)
    And you forget that 100Mev is needed for creation, it need energy lot of more to fly through shields. And we talking only mikrojoules..
    How much muons can be sometimes missing/disappering energy(heat) ~20-30w to be? How many experimentalist can even notice that amount?

Fast googling electrons vs muons e- stops many times faster and when it is stopped it "disappeared" without noise. e- generate braking xrays when slow down, muons only little.
    When muons have stopped they decay and send noise. Negative muons generate also neutrons if stops to Z>11 atom. Neutrons and unstabile isotopes generate noise.

Cu tube cooling down time also speak neutrons/unstabile isotopes. If betas GM tube counts should stop when get away.

I can test Pb also it should give fissions if muons present??

But don't know how risky it is for healt. I think my yearly rems is more than full.

that there is a signal of some kind that appears to have this behavior and still not get to muons.

Can you give some quesses what else it can be?

The reason muons are unlikely, on the basis of first principles if you like, is that the energies involved in these experiments are far too low to produce them in other contexts.

There is not public theory what is under hood. So speculating energy levels without knowing what happens inside have not rigid fundaments. Machine can do Gev energy levels.
    If throw out all (=unfuctional) chemical ideas then there are quite stright explanation: machine. It also throw out LENR, because it is not low energy, use instead normal high energy physics.

Does this not make one want to take a second look at the second
    observation mentioned above, about signal increasing with additional
    degraders? In the case of energetic electrons, you'd expect more radiation (i.e., bremsstrahlung) than muons.

Maybe you should read paper?
    They tested also extra 2mm Pb plate shield and say tailing photons disappeared and it generate 4x more low energy counts. 2mm Pb should filter out braking radiation and decrease counts if orgin are betas.

such conclusions as Rydberg matter and ultra-dense detuerium

I think they are unfuctional chemical explanations from wonderland (I ofcourse can be frong, but..). Anyway it dosn't render out how they detect muons. Or how I detect posible muons.