robert bryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney, Australia
  • Member since Mar 4th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by robert bryant

Dewey said

" multiple professional enquiries"

What does that mean? Who enquired? By phone or by letter. How many times?
    Does Penon need to respond to just anybody?
    As far as I can see the only orgs that he has a professional obligation to respond to are IH and LC

"going silent"?

What does that mean? Does that mean that Penon was singing before?

I don't recall Penon being an opera singer. For me he has always been silent.

But I would love to see the report he has written silently.

Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax said
    "In any case, this is not at all a confirmation that IH made a device that was fully functional. It's not completely clear that this about IH, though that is certainly a possible interpretation."

Now some have represented Rossi as a planet but I posit the concept of the "Zitterbewegung Rossi".
    Unfortunately according to a recent paper about the Zitterbewegung if you are an inertial or constantly accelerating observer you won't be able to observe the Zitterbewegung.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1508.06322

Thankyou for this brave attempt to analyse the Zitterbewegung, but we may need to move to an" analogue curved spacetime" to do this. :)

Alan Smith said "The Los Alamos team"

I think that was the physics elite of the US and Jewish exiles at that time..
    Plenty of nous there.. but a devil may care attitude to radiation damage.. I think Feynman
    made a story about there being the potential for a nuclear explosion due to the bits and pieces of uranium left around..
    according to this story he was the prime mover in removing the hazard...
    told in his inimitable manner
    at http://calteches.library.calte…34/3/FeynmanLosAlamos.htm.

This kind of blasé attitude to radiation was rife and didn't change for a long time.

Even in 1977 in my undergraduate project at Cambridge
    I was splattering around hot phosphorus in biology tracer experiments..
    all over the floor my clothes..
    I'm thankful I am still alive today..no tumors yet

I was surrounded by academics and found them just as humanly idiotic as the nonacademics

stephenrenzz said "I really am blown away by what I am reading in this thread. "
    I prefer Muhammad Ali to Michio any day..
    Rossi and Ali have more things in common besides arrogance, inspiration and grit... they don't worry about popularity

"“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given
    than to explore the power they have to change it.
    Impossible is not a fact.
    It's an opinion.
    Impossible is not a declaration.
    It's a dare. Impossible is potential.
    Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”

All though I don't share his enthusiasm for astrobiology Cal Sagan was different from Michio

"Astronomer and noted Carl Sagan gave his perspective on cold fusion and its coverage in the press when he responded to a question posed at a gathering of science writers at Cornell University in November 1989.
    "In the case of cold fusion," he said, "we have a contention that you do something with palladium and with some hydrogen isotopes— on a table top, at room temperature— and you can make fusion happen, or at least generate fusion products, or at least make some heat that otherwise can't be generated. That's the contention. And it may or may not have ultimate commercial applications, which is why everybody is interested in it, not because there might be some novel physical process.

"Now how do we decide that?" he continued. "Do we decide it by polling the membership of the American Physical Society? No! Polls don't work. They might not be knowledgeable or the minority might be right; it's happened many times in science. Do we write an article saying, 'Well, there is a disagreement, but the prevalent opinion is thus and so?' No. What we do is we say, 'The scientists don't know! They can't figure it out.' Some people say this thing, some people say that thing— too early to say say! Let's wait a few years. I guarantee that five years from now, this will be a dead issue. It will either be, there is such a thing or there isn't such a thing. We will not be sitting in some middle ground wondering. The stakes are too high. Either way, the definitive disproof of Fleischmann and Pons or the definitive proof. The rewards are so great that scientists— competitive, querulous lot— will decide one way or another."
    (End of Fire from Ice quote of Sagan)"

This mechanism is interesting
    ". Specifically, when hydrogen atoms are introduced into the metal nanoparticle, a concentration of hydrogen in the metal nanoparticle increases, and when the concentration of hydrogen increases, the property of the electron in the metal nanoparticle further changes; and a mass of the electron becomes a large value.
    The heavy electron forms an atom with a hydrogen nucleus, and when the heavy electron becomes an extranuclear electron, a radius o
    f an electron orbit shrinks, and the internuclear distance between heavy electron hydrogen atoms also shrinks. As a result, the probability of the occurrence of the nuclear fusion reaction between the heavy electron hydrogen atoms increases due to the tunnel effect in the reactant 26, and it is facilitated that the nuclear fusion reaction occurs. For instance, in the case of the metal nanoparticle formed from Pd,
    when the mass of an electron increases to twice, the probability of the occurrence of the nuclear fusion reaction due to the tunnel effect increases by 10 digits, and it can be facilitated that the nuclear fusion reaction occurs.

did they measure the mass of the electron?

stephenrenzz said "world reknowned physicist"

The truth is no friend of 'reknown'

Reknowned Sir Ernest Rutherford Nobel Prize winner 1908
    made the same kind of blanket statement as Michio about energy from Nuclear Fission

However the results of Hahn and Meissner were not available until 1938.
    Rutherford has an excuse, he died in 1937.
    Michio also has an excuse

The truth is not partial to reknown, however continued popularity is.
    Why would Michio risk his popularity on unpopular LENR?
    Popularity is such a fickle thing. Who would invite him or read him?

As a physicist of popularity I would not expect Michio to have examined a portion of the relevant data

on LENR transmutations before making any such statement.
    Where is that analysis written?

Eric:
    You think Kidwell decided "at a whim" as NRL states officially : or planned it?
    Either way I don't expect Kidwell to be visiting Iwamura's lab any time soon.
    If that's healthy science so be it
    Irasshaimasen

Eric Walker said "David Kidwell is a capable researcher".
    Kia Ora Eric

Kidwell may be capable.. but surreptitiously taking samples in a lab is unethical and the height of arrogance
    .. but then the NRL
    is on a mission in the defense of the United States.

If you examine the website of NRL you will find

"Here, in an environment where the nation’s best scientists and engineers are inspired to pursue their passion, everyone is focused on research that yields immediate and long-range applications in the defense of the United States."

There is a hell of a lot or a lot of hell that can be justified "in the defense of the United States"

Needless to say the cooperation between MHI and NRL has finished.

Judging from the privileged position of a relatively non-nuclear and non-military south Pacific
    the exit of the NRL from LENR is a healthy sign..
    . but MHI still remains.
    As we say in my mother tongue: Ma te wa ka kitea. Time will tell.

Rigel said "Alas I can not read this pdf right now."

This Iwamura transmutation project has been continuing for 8 years or more.
    Strong evidence with many data points for transmutation of Cesium to Praseodymium, using deuterium and layers of CaO.
    Not aimed at energy production but Cesium-137 destruction

Latest paper suggests Iwamura is farming out his initial studies to others... therefore is working with more finance.

Many forum users will know of Kidwell from the USNavy attempting to discredit Iwamura.
    However military intelligence is an oxymoron.
    http://newenergytimes.com/v2/n…0/35/SR35905nrl2009.shtml
    Thankfully USNavy has ceased LENR "research". Kidwell may have retired to a playground... but he may be on this forum.