robert bryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney, Australia
  • Member since Mar 4th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by robert bryant

Here is the 6 digit precision asked for by Wyttenbach.

There is no 6 digit precision... NOT AT ALL. THH is mistaken

If one reads the arxiv article by Durr et al ,2015 including the supplementary material

it gives a choice of values for the n - p mass difference.

1.51 , 2.52 and -1.00.. MeV

Which is more correct?? Who knows.

The average of these calculated results is about 1.? 1.0 Mev or 1000000 eV

The experimental measured result is 782,332. 9 eV

Go figure...the accuracy

of supercomputers..

lost in quantum.

definitely not 6 digit.

he said he just did not want to

Kirkshanahan may already have tried to submit the papers.

the Electrochemical Society Journal has a high impact factor--~3.66

The ActaThermochimica had an IF of 0.8 in 2002,, going up to about 1.2 in 2005

ActaThermochimica may also have a lower bar,

judging by the political manner that Kirk's 2005 paper was expressed in..

Maybe the peer review filtered out some ad hominems but there was still

plenty of sly denigration of the results of Szpak and Storms and Fleischmann.

Maybe I should post the guts of the 2005 paper on this thread.

This thread is however becoming multipolar.

think your irony detectors are not sensitive enough in this case. I have of course no evidence for that sentence. It is pure speculation. In exactly the same way that LENR (induced by a special active environment) is pure speculation. Both hypotheses have the same merit - they explain the FPHE observations

One problem is that THHuxleynew appears to have made a variaton the Kirkshanahan theories.

His statement

"CCS errors from this cell of an ATER type would follow from the special active environment on

the electrodes created from the D electrolysis that allows ATER"

indicates causation via the expression "follow from"

Kirkshanahan never stated that the SAE caused CCS

Now THHuxleynew brings in irony detector... there is no irony here.

Also THHuxleynew cites pure speculation..... there is no speculation here,

What is here in this statement is CONFUSION and BABBLE .

THHuxleynew could not remember exactly what Kirkshanahan wrote in 2002, 2005 and cobbled together

what he could to make some kind of offthecuff expert-sounding response to answer my question at that time.

Another problem that arises is that THHuxleynew brings in the idea of MERIT.

Kirkshanahan's theories are not based on his calorimetry and electrochemical experimentation

An examination of his 43 papers from 1985 to 2017 shows colorimetry as the nearest thing!

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kirk_Shanahan2

Kirkshanahan's theories are verified by ZERO experiments even though 17 years has elapsed since CCS's conception.

He has had ample time to do this in the DOE Savannah labs. and now

unfortunately has been removed from there to the Seminary for another mission.

So his CCS/ATER theories will never be experimentally verified.

The anomalous excess heat in LENR has demonstrated experimentally by hundreds of researchers

from 1989 to 2917. The transmutations in LENR similarly.

The theories behind LENR are still being tested by researchers such as Mosier-Boss and Takahashi

who have the relevant expertise and the relevant experimentation and the WILL to do so.

Kirkshanahan's theories have very LOW MERIT.

and yet THHuxleynew states in another offthecuff expert-sounding response

"CCSH is a better fit to the known calorimetric facts in these experiments (excess proportional to heat in when effect is present). "

Perhaps this matter deserves an entirely NEW THREAD entitled

"THHuxleynew's variation on CCS causation and effect."

The physical properties of H2 ad D2, including diffusion, are very different. so it is not at all surprising that ATER and hence CCS should be very different between H2 and D2.

For ATER there may be merit in this explanation.

I guess D2 being heavier would diffuse a bit slower than H2 in palladium.

This could explain why with deuterium you might get much lesser hypothetical ATER than with H2 because by common sense there would be less

deuterium to combine.. but I guess it really does need experimentation, since its only a theory.

Its unfortunate that Kirkshanahan had no access to any electrochemical apparatus since2005

in the Savannah River DOE laboratories.to test his theory out since 2005.

His paper talked about Szpak codeposition electrodes

but perhaps ATER effect could also be seen with the simpler Fleischmann electrodes.

I will reread the 2005 paper to check this.

For CCS on the other hand whether or not H2 or D2 are present does not seem to be a factor.

that's from my reading of the 2002 paper.

Interesting stuff.. the things electrochemists must know is amazing.

Glad to do this. If you read the entire sequence of Shanahan / Shanahan critics papers you will see

Thanks so much for that effort.

Unfortunately you have not shown me as I requested how

"CCS errors from this cell of an ATER type would follow from the special active environment on

the electrodes created from the D electrolysis that allows ATER"

I have read both the 2002=CCS paper and the 2005 paper= ATER paper by Kirkshanahan in Acta Thermochimica

My reading of these shows no support for this statement that you have written

CCS appears to be independent of ATER and of the speciai active environment , from my reading.

Perhaps this statement is a THHuxleynew variant of the Kirkshanahan theories?

Or perhaps you can show me from these two peer-reviewed papers where I have overlooked some vital details.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…prepared_by_co-deposition

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_calorimetry_demonstrated

If you cannot access these papers I can always post the guts of them on this forum.

Axil said "At 2700C the nature of the electrical resistance of the structure of the reactor core could be completely reversed"

by which he means that the metal container could have a higher resistance than the initially less conductive core.

Although Axil's graph indicates alumina increasing its conductivity ( decreasing its resistivity -the inverse of conductivity)

by a factor of 100000000000 as temperature is increased to 2700 C

the alumina still has a much higher resistivity than metals at this temperature

by a factor of over 10000000.

Maintenance of high voltages inside a less conductive alumina -like ore would be unlikely, if the core contacted a more conductive metal container

Material->>>

Alumina

Molybdenum

Tungsten

Temp

Resistivity nano –ohm -metres

300 K

10(exp21)

2973 K

10(exp10)

Axil said "The concentration of light without loss in a dark mode is exactly what a polariton is."

I liked the Gif animation and it does have a certain AURA about it.

Definitely straying from this AURA thread but the Gif did prompt me to adapt another picture. See below.

This picture conflates two Korean studies, 2011/ 2016.

The 2016 study eliminates the 2011 noble gases and incorporates SPPs/gold

to produce an XUV(25-62nm) output from Near Infrared (800nm) input.

"Here a metal-sapphire nanostructure is devised to provide a solid tip as the high-harmonic generation

(HHG) emitter, replacing commonly used gaseous atoms.

The fabricated solid tip is made of monocrystalline sapphire surrounded by a gold thin-film layer

,and intended to produce EUV harmonics by the inter- and intra-band oscillations of electrons driven by the incident laser.

The metal-sapphire nanostructure enhances the incident laser field by means of surface plasmon polaritons(SPPs),

triggering HHG directly from moderate femtosecond pulses of 0.1TW/cm2 intensities." quoted from the 2016 Abstract.

Do the nanostructures inside LENR fuels provide this kind of frequency enhancement (NIR to XUV, a factor of up to 30 times)?

2016 study

Published 10 Oct 2016 Nature Communications

High-harmonic generation by field enhanced femtosecond pulses in metal-sapphire nanostructure

Seunghwoi Han1,*, Hyunwoong Kim1,*, Yong Woo Kim1, Young-Jin Kim2, Seungchul Kim3, In-Yong Park4 & Seung-Woo Kim1