robert bryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney, Australia
  • Member since Mar 4th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by robert bryant

John said "I'm not sure whether it has been noted also here in lenr-forum."
    Mea culpa.. I think I posted it on the "fog" thread. It had info. on IH relevant to "fog".

I personally would not put photos of myself on the net, since I have been threatened several times with
    beheading by Islamic State fans on twitter...the stuff that goes on in this forum is "playground" :)

Jed Rothwell said "When a blacksmith takes a heavy piece of iron, heats it to incandescence, and then quenches it in water, very little water boils away. The metal instantly cools. "

not instantly... but within 1-2 seconds.

However.. the E-cat may not be like solid iron.. but may be more rocklike or with vapour spaces leading to poor conductivity, at least for some parts, which will lengthen the cooling process. cf lava

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu…ng-does-it-take-lava-cool

abd said "As it moves into the mainstream -- as it will"

I don't think it will move into the mainsteam without $, euros,yen or even riyals.

Even in Japan,which has provided the bulk of the transmutation data so far
    LENR is still a fringe thing..researched for its utility to clean up radioactive waste..by Mitsy/gov combined finance,
    and not for its prime utility as a replacement for messy energy production.

If we compare with the $ and euros shoved into the actinide fission in 1940's 1950's and into
    high T fusion since then clearly there is a discrepancy..with the few shekels invested in LENR

It is not the problem of fantasy... the high T fusion is just as much fantasy as LENR
    it is a matter of $ and what controls society's investments.

When I look at the glaring discrepancy I tend to believe that the world is controlled by rich cartel which
    likes the status quo and fear anything that might challenge that .
    Anyone know Noam Chomsky's opinion on that?

Abd said "Yes, if pressure is not measured and recorded, "superheated steam" might still be true, but is based on what evidence? '

Without the ERV report there is no evidence either way.

This thread has some utility / it enables us to look quickly through the ERV report to see whether the heat calculations are valid or not.

Without the ERV report this thread will only continue as lukewarm speculation

God Bless us with the earlier revelation of the ERV report.!

F1 = fun? :)

Superheating is defined as a vapour heated above its boiling point.
    This can happen at most pressures we live under.

At a pressure of 1 atm at sealevel. The normal BP of water is 99.97 °C
    At an elevation of 250 m (at a pressure of ~0.9871 atm) the BP of water is `99.7°C

At 100.1°C the degrees of superheat is 0.13°C at sealevel
    and 0.4 °C at 250 m elevation. (Lugano =273 m?)

Superheating ensures that the heat content involves a maximum latent heat of vaporisation
    as opposed to wet steam which contains entrained water which lacks this HOV

http://www.tlv.com/global/AU/s…/wet-steam-dry-steam.html.

If wet steam is present then heat calculations become complicated by the degree of wetness
    which can make the heat content vary between 400 Kj/kg and 2700 KJ/kg.
    So a small amount of superheat degrees is important to the heat calculations.

Collaboration can be selective or non selective.

Given the sinful nature of mankind I would be very selective about choosing collaborators.

And I would encourage Me356 to take as much time as he likes in selecting collaborators
    since he will not want to waste his investment of time and money ^^

Me356 said in his interview

"Now I am spending a great amount of money of my company to buy everything necessary (especially materials)

My estimate is that Me356 has spent between $50,000 and $100,000
    Apparently he has exposed himself to neutrons as well.
    With this risk of money and health he has apparently obtained lenr practical information.

Any investor expects return on investment.

He has every right to sell this information.. there is no such thing as a free lenr lunch.

its good of Alan to remind everybody to be systematic and document changes in variables

There are two gaps in the knowledge that are major.
    1. What set of variables produces consistent NAE(as identified by anomalous heat)
    2. What particles/energy forms are produced by the NAE.

Unless the band of spread out hobby researchers can find a STANDARD setup
    that produces NAE for 3-4 days in a consistent manner, which everybody can use
    then Gap 2 will remain a gap until Big science fills it.

Adam's ppt presupposes some kind of public or semiprivate database that all
    can access

Looking back to another band of researchers(who were not hobbyists but professionals)
    Rutherford's Cavendish group provides clues to what is needed for success

He was
    "a great general in that sense, because if Rutherford got an idea that something
    was going to work or that something was possible, all the resources were thrown
    into that gap. It was like an Army broaching the barriers, if you see what I
    mean, so that I'm not wanting to say I was an important factor in this, but I'm
    saying that when things like the neutron or the artificial disintegration came
    along, all resources, however trivial, would be pulled in, and I was one of
    these things that were pulled in, I would say. That's how it happened."

Unfortunately with limited money(Cavendish had limited money also)
    the current efforts by a widely diverse/disperse group of hobbyists
    has not much probability of success .

There is no General Rutherford and no team.
    The advantages of the Internet are very much overrated.
    Best wishes though.

Sifferkoll wrote "Jones are more or less as close as we get to the dark force on this planet ".

Forgive me but my tech-anxiety can not handle all this fog
    Maybe Jones is connected with Starbucks and Deathstar Trump, maybe not.

Here is a secret weapon to protect yourself for the next ad hominem salvo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The low energy nuclear force be with you