robert bryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney, Australia
  • Member since Mar 4th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by robert bryant

me358 said"What is very interesting that I have verified that lithium can be placed nearly anywhere in the fuel chamber (not in contact with nickel) and still it is working and affects whole fuel batch."

Crazy idea... what would happen if you put a diamond barrier between the Li and Ni?

God Bless your experiments on Sunday

Alain wrote " is it possible to have nucleons delocalized like benzene electrons, and why not overlapping."

I am not a QM physicist but Kozima addressed the idea of delocalised protons and nucleons in metal hydrides here.

www.geocities.jp/hjrfq930/Papers/paperr/paperr22.pdf

Apparently the electron sea in hydrides allows the protons to float around. He has some nice graphs showing this
    Kozima says that these floating protons allow neutrons to hang around to.( But where do the neutrons come from?)
    I like the idea of the hydronions. Perhaps they are shortlived like neutrons when they get free and may later become hydrogen atoms.
    But even if hydronions last 5 seconds, that's long enough to interact with many other atoms.

Re: Andrea Calaon's theory...c'est formidable!, There are plenty of protons around in the vicinity of Nickel atoms waiting for the right input of energy to conjugate with a lucky d shell electron.

Re: Philosophy..most likely all our physical models of the universe are wrong.. what we call atoms, hydronions, electrons..partons.... gluons are only shadows
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

But we can still use shadows to make predictions and make our lives better.

Thanks Wyttenbach,
    Useful paper
    The authors ask why femto hydrogen hasn't been accepted despite theoretical justification.
    scientific prejudice operated against Einstein for a some years after his 1905 aether-Michelson Morley-special relativity breakthrough..special relativity was accepted by the most scientists soon after 1908 , now in 2016 it is essential for GPS. . It might take some time for the femto orbit of hydrogen to be accepted.

I couldn't find satisfactory satisfaction of why these femto orbits don't happen in normal lattice situations but Meulenberg's

"Pictorial description for LENR in linear defects of a lattice" looks useful.
    He is focussing on hydrogen-hydrogen fusion.. but this could equally well be applied to nickel-femto hydrogen "********" " we don't have a word for it but it is not fusion.

The nickel lattice is vibrating, the hydrogen atoms/ molecules are vibrating in a very confined lattice...and we get some kind of merging."********" "

I'll keep reading ..

Chiefio has posted new hypothesis that is worthy of thought and testing.
    Based on angstrom dimensions
    Probably testable more easily than some other hypotheses

chiefio.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/lenr-lithium-size-matters/

The hydrogen squeezes into the lattice cage. Temperature rise makes the hydrogen expand to two to three times.
    Energy as vibrations is pumped in(acoustic? THz? laser, e/m fields.)
    The H is forced to merge with Nickel, or other transition metal( as in Piantelli hypothesis)

think I remember Bob Greenyer saying "why Nickel?".."because it's heavy!"
    but maybe he should have said "because it's big"

Probably has some relation to catalysis in molecular cages concept.
    When you squeeze energy into confined spaces you get .. la bufadora!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My slant... what happens if there is big uranium(+4)elephant in the lattice..as in zircons

eric walker wrote "
    My own working hypothesis is that all of the decay-related processes—alpha decay, beta decay/electron capture, and alpha capture (of energetic decay alphas)—are induced and accelerated in an electron-rich environment."

I don't know if this has any connection
    Norman Cook has justified the unreplicated results of Carpinteri-Carddone with his NVS nuclear fracture simulations.
    His probability equation for nuclear fissions appears to give results which are consistent with existing earth crust isotope ratios.
    Perhaps this probability equation can be used to predict the probability of beta decays and alpha decays,.
    The beta parameter, the nucleon-nucleon binding force in the denominator might be affected by the "electron rich environment" somehow.

However although Norman Cook can produce beautiful pictures of nuclei via his NVS software( downloadable) as yet he has no explanation for
    how the electron environment affects the nucleus except
    "THz acoustic resonance generates nuclear anomalies in fracture experiments"
    http://staff.polito.it/alberto…rs/777_CARPINTERI_MOD.pdf (2015)

The Armenian Sergei Matinyan wrote something in 1997
    His ideas of laser pumping and electron bridges have some good mathematical support of the way atomic resonance might activate the nucleus.
    He recommended the use of radioisotopes esp.those with low energy thresholds to exptally study how lasers and electromagnetic radiation might activate radioactive decay..
    http://arxiv.org/abs/nucl-th/9706005
    starting with Thorium. He hasn't written much about it since 1997 unfortunately. The field was low priority then.
    We still have no strong experimentally supported model of how atomic electrons affect nuclear structure in 2016
    "

Here is the down to earth reflection video . No comment from Andrea Rossi yet.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stafanie Conti said "We must, therefore, get on a "mental airplane" for changes our perspective"

What about a mental "Flying car" using an Amerindian perspective

We need to be able to fly..

there is a reflection video sequel

AxilAxil ,thanks for that snippet about the accelerated U232 decay rate
    Shimakin and Shafeev challenge the paradigm of nuclear decay rates being independent of extranuclear conditions

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1112/1112.6276.pdf

They explain their results (as far as I can interpret) by the laser waves at the resonance frequency of gold nanoparticles ( causing the electrons in U232 atoms in the vicinity to somehow lower the coulomb barrier for alpha particles to tunnel out of the nucleus.. something to do with the lasers not acting as photons but as waves( they talk about intense changes in electromagnetic fields of the waves)

Rutherford said in his gold experiment it was as shocking "as shooting a cannon ball at a piece of tissue and having the cannon ball bounce back."
    A 530 nm photon has an energy of 2.3 eV.
    The alpha particles have energies of 5331000 eV.
    https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu…ch/virttxtjml/cnvcalc.htm

Rutherford would say something like " a soprano resonates a gold cup and a cannonball flies out from the salt inside"

Questions.
    1. No error bars...? mean/Sd n=?
    2. Repeatabilty ?
    3 Replications?
    4. Effect on a range of alpha emitting radioisotopes?
    5. Effect on a range of Beta emitting radioisotpes
    6. Effect on Lithium 7
    6. Can the size of the gold nanoparticles be made larger or smaller and the effect of more different wavelengths?

Interesting experiment which apparently makes the Lenr? environment accessible..
    Just make gold nanoparticles and dissolve radioisotopes. Hit them with lasers.

Majorana said "My suggestion is therefore to ban the E-Cat topic "

While banning Ecats and Rossi might work to concentrate on other topics of worth.. officially banning things usually has the opposite effect ..it concentrates attention on them. Banning needs to done unofficially as groupthink as has happened with LENR in official scientific circles for the past two decades or so

Before Rutherford shot alpha particles thru gold foil we knew very little about the nuclear environment.
    Our LENR environment understanding is at 1910 levels, despite twenty five years of research.
    No easy task because of prevailing scientific prejudice, inaccessibility and variability of these environments
    The mass production of Ecats will help the variability bit but its gonna take some ingenuity and cooperative work
    to figure out how best to measure and manipulate this environment

longview wrote "But, I look at the half life for 65Zn and see 243.8 days through a beta plus at 325 keV."

I ,like Eric Walker, see a problem with using the published halflife and even the energy data values for transmutations which are measured based on 'lab' conditions. The conditions in the E-cat and other LENR environments may make the actual data values very different.
    They might give some general indication of what the preferred paths are...but we may need a lot more mathematical prediction of the environmental effect.. for which will need more research on the environmental effect. Perhaps it would be useful to inject radioisotopes with known decay rates into these environments and observe effects on decay rates and/or energy changes.. no easy task

Alainco said "You are right, there is a great TV serie to build."

This will make the Double Helix saga look trivial.. Krivit could be one of the script writers for some of the less salubrious incidents,
    like Kidwell and the surreptitious Praseodymium in Mizuno's lab..
    but meantime we'll see how the new fire tennis match is going on the forecourt in Florida..