Zeus46 Member
  • Member since Sep 22nd 2016

Posts by Zeus46

They use less energy? Or they impart less energy?

I believe it’s use, I don’t know the efficiency, (50% sounds reasonable but they have no doubt improved a lot since 1995).

My point was more that amazing efficiencies aren’t that necessary, as the required joules are fairly easy to come by. 50 MJ is a reasonably large in kinetic terms, but not that much in terms of chemical storage. I guess on-board power limitations might be an issue, but that only affects rate of fire really.

Meanwhile, on planet earth, Brillouin Energy - the evil corporate entity, who don’t wish to deny their investors a reward for having shouldered the risk - have demonstrated a “weak” and “low” COP of 2.34... And signed at least one license agreement. Plus they measure their output with a real calorimeter too. (Rather than measuring the idiocy of their supporters by merely offering some bastardised equations).

Obviously none of that counts though, as the claims of a proven liar are to be deemed more important than claims verified by an independent assessor. Perhaps Brillouin should add more puppets to their website, in order to be truly convincing? (Sock and finger, that is).

(Edit: Even the noted skeptopath / dangling sausage Seven Of Twunty can’t find anything to criticise them over, bar one spelling error they made several years ago).

Maybe Brillouin could regain some much needed credibility by moving their operation to one of the last four the last remaining truly communist country (Cuba), well-known for being a hotbed of innovation and cutting-edge technology. No doubt a large workforce could be pressed into working for free, as Director insists on.

Should speed up progress no end.

BTW, it's difficult and time consuming to trace what Brillouin claimed and stated in the past because most links are dead. Between Sterling Allan ending up in prison essentially for life, and probably some other people cleaning up, there is little left of their early IMO extravagant claims.

Mmm how convenient! Nothing to do with your faulty comprehension or recollection of course. Why not take some of your own advice:

If you doubt me, review old press releases and drawings, for example from Sterling Alan's PES. You can find them using the "wayback machine." https://archive.org/web/ Brillouin's past is not encouraging about their future.

Or did you just make that up?

It would seem that SOT has spent the last 2-3 weeks doing his usual half-arsed research, trying to justify this statement:

I have found previous promises and statements from Brillouin to be overoptimistic and sloppy to the point that it is hard to know if they are liars or simply making mistakes... ...If you doubt me, review old press releases and drawings, for example from Sterling Alan's PES. Brillouin's past is not encouraging about their future.

He's had to go back through at least 6 years of Brillouin's history... And the unfortunate (but not unprecedented) disaster seen above was the best he could do? Next he'll be claiming they misspelled a word once.

No really.

* Ha, using the search function it seems "SOT" has been making this other argument about a spelling error since July 2015 - And has raised it on almost 10 occasions since - using his various avatars. Likely because its the most compelling argument he could come up with.

Shane, I think Skeptic 3rd Class is way too generous... Should be peelin' potatos. (He can't even spell the word "if" - see three posts above :D). What a joker. Make sure he gets a safety knife.

Potential investors are unlikely to read internet forums.

Dumbest statement you've ever made. Chosen from a wealth of options.

Why else would you bother writing your nonsense at such length, other than to damage Brillouin's prospects. (Or in your twisted and willfully-uninformed way of thinking - to save people from investing in ventures you reflexively deem to be "scams").

And, listen, I'm not challenging anyone's honesty. I'm only arguing about the scientific reliability of F&P, ie the trust that can be given to the trueness of their scientific statements. So, please, stop talking about honesty or dishonesty.

I very much misunderstood this statement then:

No, no. The situation is much worse. MF used to work with videos and, at the time, F&P had a dozen of co-workers. There is no room for incompetence or inadvertent mistakes.

So what? Working at the cutting edge of technology means things go at their own pace. Who can predict what issues might arise that set them back?

Just be grateful they aren't unadventurous types, satisfied to only work on basic tasks, where the answer is obvious and can be easily discovered by simple folk.

...Like calculating the thermal resistance of a diving suit, for instance. Or arriving at the momentous realisation that breathing in gunsmoke isn't the best thing for one's health... ;)

Horses for courses, and all that.