Zeus46 Member
  • Member since Sep 22nd 2016

Posts by Zeus46

LOLs. You missed where it says "research the physics of LENR". That is what happens when you look at the title, and read no further.

LOLS. What was it you were saying last week Shane?...

I know you are not one to actually read everything before commenting,

^ This is what happens after too many spoon feedings!

__mm___O  Ö

Would a line number help? - Might speed things up a bit.

Assuming the lessons of the Celani-footnote debacle have been well integrated...

If you think that, you are blind and an idiot. Russia's weapons are off topic.

Adrian you chucking fump, I don’t just think it... I read it. And you actually have macular denegeration, so I’m not surprised you missed his “prepper” strapline... He’s nuts, and keeps canned food in a bunker in case the apocalypse happens.

Why don’t you believe me? You seem to have no problem lapping up everything else you read on some daft website.

And you started the talk about Russian weapons, so it’s a bit odd that you now claim it’s off topic, yah?

That article is entirely unreferenced - and written by a man who stores food in a bunker, deep inside the earth, in preparation for doomsday.

All so that he can live for a few months longer than everyone else. And then he tells people about it, so that we all know where to head for, with explosives, when it happens. Or just smoke him out like a badger.

i.e. He's probably nuts... Secretly wishing for the end times to arrive - to prove that he was correct all along. Subconsciously biasing his article with his favourite apocalypse scenario, likely involving Russian weapons.

(And please don't try the "but, he's a doctor...", because, well... y'know...)

Why should anyone believe an anonymous babbler?

Well I'm not convinced you're a real person Adrian.... I mean, are people actually this ridiculous in real life?

*Buffet admits he doesn’t have a clue about Bitcoin:

That's not what he said.

Buffet: “I get into enough trouble with the things I think I know something about. Why in the world should I take a long or short position in something I don’t know about?”

Don't know about = Not having a clue about. I think.

https://www.marketwatch.com/st…er-growth-miss-2018-07-25

LDM

Rash? Fair enough, and that's interesting. I guess that explains the seeming lack of stealth principles, (surface coatings, exhausts, dodgy cowl, etc). And although you might be able to fool a radar like that, I'd hazard a guess that infra-red is a different story?

And can't the F-22 have something similar? There's clearly a lot of secret technology on it - I imagine that's why the US doesn't sell any. Surely there's some secrets that Jane's etc hasn't uncovered?

Ultimately, in the event of a clash between the two, I'd suggest the price-tag/technology level is going to decide the outcome, (as opposed to pilot skill, at least) and would seem obvious that Russia can't really compete on that basis.

Edit: It seems that by using the SU's radars to spoof it's location, it would blind itself to it's enemy's location. Perhaps dogfighting will make a come back...

Edit2: Seems they've lasers to handle the infra-red as well. You can't underestimate those crafty Russians.... (Shane! ^^). Adrian, I take that back...

The Su 57 is far more manouverable with supercruise ability, has more modern electronics & carries four air to air missiles with >20 ,ile operating range.

You should stick to law & leave engineering to others.

What are you babbling on about now Adrian? Thinking an aeroplanes manoeuvrability has any bearing its capabilities, shows that you are at least 25 years behind the curve.

And where did you hear about the specifications of the SU57s sensor and stealth technologies?* Off Putin? Or one of those strange low-brow right-wing near-conspiracy websites you keep posting links to?

And look at the big exhausts sticking out the back of the SU. Ever heard of radar cross-section? What a joke. It’s probably one stinger missile away from an embarrassment.

I’d stick to furnace design (and Rossi worshipping) if I were you pal.

* Or the F-22’s, for that matter.

And IMHO, that is nothing compared to how he will feel in five or so more years when most of his other projects if not all, also fail.

No doubt an opinion based on your 'usual' thorough literature review, and not at all further evidence of your skeptopathic tendencies.

Nice Dick Smith mention though... There will be a new top-scorer on Boor's Bingo pretty soon. Harry & Megan dining sets all round!

You're/They're not wrong. Not sure Switzerland counts as 'off-shore' though, where most of the more-professional offerings are registered.

Apparently Monero is the currency of choice for nefarious purposes. It's blockchain somehow obfuscates who has paid what to who, but still tracks individual balances.

In theory, you could sever the link in the Bitcoin blockchain by exchanging your ill-gotten gains for Monero, splitting and transferring to other Monero addresses, then exchanging each portion back into bitcoin... but still, suspicious bitcoin cash-outs could likely always be spotted with a thorough analysis of its blockchain. Wouldn't surprise me to discover various agencies are already working on such capabilities.

The anonymity of crypto comes from the fact you can generate a wallet address to send/receive money without registering your details with a central authority... Not from 'blockchain' per se*, which actually offers an immutable and public way of tracing the flow of money, which means, at some point, a criminal is at risk when they try to cash out into real money. http://www.sciencemag.org/news…-cant-hide-behind-bitcoin
    At some point you have to interface with the normal banking system, and the exchanges that allow this are already heavily regulated (Know Your Customer laws etc). The ones that aren't, feel the weight of the law quickly.

https://www.reuters.com/articl…ssia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

https://eu.press-citizen.com/s…ney-laundering/886432002/

(And if the US stops paying out on it's treasury notes, I guarantee we will have more pressing issues to worry about than missing out on their yield...)

Zeus46 maybe you can tell me an investment with 100 percent security. Fixed income and us debt and alike apart.

We started block chain discussion since people who didn't even try to learn what ico is, are too quick to label it as a scam.

Not sure there are any... Maybe Russian goldmines? 

Otherwise, I agree with your points.

* i.e. You could iteratively encrypt each post on this forum and call it a blockchain, if you wanted. (Say... to prevent a deranged doctor from avoiding suitable punishment by deleting a post where they illegally revealed someone's private healthcare information... For example.)

I can imagine there would be a flurry of letters sent to these people's employers... Look at all the hoo-ha Josephson's support generates (He basically only gets a pass due to his Nobel). Never underestimate the vitriol of a skeptic!

I think not. How is blockchain relevant to our discussion, beyond being the underlying technology?

Having a smart contract with Deneum written onto a blockchain will not help investors one bit if Deneum fails. Conversely, a blockchain without an associated cryptocurrency hardly seems worth regulating.

Don’t forget online drug purchases.

IMO, regulation will only validate them, and allow big financial institutions/ETFs to begin trading.... Bring it on, I say. $20000/XBT will seem like a bargain.

The only sticking point is the massive energy use by miners (Which not all crypto suffers from). But we all know that won’t be a problem soon, right? Right!??...

Other than to wisely avoid participating.

Investments are for the Buffets of this world. Don’t mind riding out recessions with your 401k? Be my guest... But I’d say that’s the real drain of wealth.

Over the medium term bitcoin offers many advantages. Try getting access to the order book and API’s of the NYSE for free, and even if you pay thousands yearly for the privilege, you’re still a second class citizen compared to the big institutions/HF traders.

Will bitcoin replace the dollar? Doubtful. Can you make a pile from the crazy volatility of crypto? Definitely. Fact is, it’s easier, as there’s no need to get bogged down with earnings reports and macroeconomics. Herd behaviour is far easier to monitor/predict.