oldguy Member
  • Member since Oct 1st 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by oldguy

All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product. From whence comes this duality? Is the seemingly darker side of this tolerable? It's tough for people like myself and probably most people to tolerate it, let alone understand it. But I now think I understand it (I may share at a later time), and in understanding comes greater toleration.

noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product..

I would not call anyone who would lie and deceive a noble man.

You addition of "when necessary for the sake of.... developing a product" just says he would lie and deceive because of greed. That is clearly not "noble" or "good".

by the way, how much of that 10M went to the children with cancer he claimed you would donate?

I am confused at how a "peak" in the spectrum of a non blackbody thing can be used to calculate its thermal output.

For example, take two LED's one red and one UV and a simple resister that just warms up and run them with 1W of power each. If you use the ideas Rossi uses, won't you calculate entire different thermal outputs if you based it on spectrum peak alone". You could only use the spectra from a flat black resister to calculate the thermal output anywhere near correctly.

My 60W incandescent bulb's tungsten melts at about 3400C but its color temp is 6500K. What is its thermal output?

If you want your "ballerina" to look hot just put a 370 UV led at the base or tint the glass.

The whole thing seems bogus to me.

I can’t understand the audio so I am missing a lot.

First, I don’t understand where they got the 357.5 nm as a peak to a blackbody thing. The spectra looks like a line spectra not a continuous blackbody radiation thing. Did they fit it to the spectra and the detector’s efficiency at various wavelengths and the absorption of the container to get that 0.3574? A little off on a fourth power and you can be anywhere.

8111K = 8384C ???? wrong! How can we trust calculations from someone who continually makes such mistakes and why not have a spread sheet prepared and typed up for such a demo?

Also doesn’t the use of the Boltzman calculations require a uniform release of energy in all directions? Was the device symmetrical or could there be a directionality of the spectra out from the device?

Looks like a failed demo to convince anyone to me.

And I always thought you avatar meant 42. :) So what, pray tell, does "Forty", and "Two" mean?

who knows, but I think of Hitchhikers guide. "the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42"

42 is the ASCII (computer code) for an asterisk which was used back when as a "wildcard" meaning- it can be what every you want it to be.

Well if an eCat unit - fed only by a controller that was plugged into nothing more than a 1.84kW receptacle - was kicking out 22kW of heat, that would get my attention. Wouldn't it get yours?

Only if I was allow to measure it with my instruments.

Not if it was only done by someone who was known to kick people out and call them snakes when they bring in a thermometer. IR gun, or meter or radiation counter.

What does he claim he is delivering to the "customer"- heat? heat as steam?

if it is heat then it should be easy for him tap into some of the output heat and run a small

steam engine gen set and not plug in to anything.

So why does he need an outlet? Unless it is all just a sham.

And some of the acme workers will sue Rossi to recover cancer health expenses or loss of hair. - Doesn't matter if it is really the cause or not, but someone point to Rossi's own post about radiation and will sue.

You don't have natural gas? That's unusual. Do you live out in the countryside? People in rural Virginia often have natural gas tanks.

If you live in a mild climate you can have a ~500% efficient electric heater: a heat pump. They are ideal for places like Atlanta, or anywhere in Florida.

natural gas tanks.... strange. I thought they were mostly propane and liguid propan at that. I wouldn't think you could store much natural gas in tanks for household use.

I give you a big news:

Santa Claus does not exist. You can continue to believe in fakes and tales chatting about paraphrasing Bohr and Pauli.

OT but....... I believe in Santa Claus - I am one. He is not a single entity but the term is a "mass noun" representing a non countable group but a single term representing a large array of individuals, items, ideas,.....

I have already answered you about these topics. See, please, Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

I do not see how you get that figure. You seem to assume-wrongly- that the ecat was the only thing IH had in its portfolio that was worth Woodford's investment. That is clearly not the case. You can see how their evaluate of IH more than doubled after they returned the IP to Rossi who evidently was considered by them as a liability. Their evaluation has climbed faster without Rossi than with it. And your claim that ICCF would have folded without Rossi is clearly wrong since at ICCF21 there was no mention or papers based on Rossi's claims. You just keep pushing a clearly false narrative.

But in this way the field got $50M to support LENR research. The Ecat initiative was a great financial success for the LENR field, the best in 30-year, and was achieved with a fair PR cost.

Where do you get the 50M figure from?

Recall that IH was already supporting groups other than Rossi before.

Please give me how you get that number. Frankly I don't believe it.

AA claiming that the list is supporting Rossi's claims is laughable.

notice that on the second page it lists Darden and Vaugh.

and as Parad. noticed on the first page, it lists Eugen Mallove who died in 2004

His "facts" are just grasping at straws by a babbler.

You are so keen on historical evidence being proof, how do you explain the people on this two page list who believe Rossi has demonstrated LENR?

http://www.lenrproof.com/slide_05.html

I think many of them are smarter and more knowledgeable about LENR than you are.

You seem to get most of your facts" from the babbler echo chamber here.

Garbage, it says nothing about Rossi only LENR. Just go down the list and ask them what they think of Rossi. For example ask Brian Ahern and see what he says. Or Dr. T at Nat'l Inst. and see what he thinks of Rossi and Rossi's claims of NI acceptance and support.

As is the case most of the time, your "facts" are lies.

Doesn't sound like a believable video. No independent verification. I keep on thinking of all the video "magic" in Forest Gump. A video alone, these days, are not to be taken a any kind of proof.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

AA you sure to twist Jed's words (among most other people's as well) Jed's saying that people would not operating within 50 miles of an inhabited area is NOT the same as you what you said : risk it could destroy everything in a 50 or 100 mile radius!

Please stop the babble and lies

The SK most likely is not a nuclear reactor. How will you prove that it is?

Recall that Rossi claimed that the Ni was transmuted into Cu. (at one time even claiming 30% was transmuted. That is the nucleus changed- by definition that is nuclear. So Rossi himself has claimed it is nuclear. In short, Rossi says it is nuclear. Do you believe him or did he lie about the Cu?

Although a stretch, the only way I can see this Rossi customer scenario happening, is if it is the military

I am not sure the military could do that. If it is considered a nuclear system (transmutations?) then it would require the DOE/NNSA. They are in charge of all nuclear testing (not DOD like many think).

Jed

Would the US. military be interested

in the ECat assuming it works?

IMHO If Rossi has applied for US patents with disclosures that actually would allow for "reduction to practice", they would already be trying to make one and the patents would be put under a security order. Rossi would then not be able to demonstrate it in public nor sell the technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_Secrecy_Act

https://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s120.html#d0e3221

FYI, You will be awaiting a blue slip from art group 3640 or 3660 for a long long time. Good luck.

Oh yes, if you end up there, everything must be done by mail..... nothing electronic. It slows things way down.