SSC Member
  • Member since Nov 8th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by SSC

SSC you seem to be very confused regarding what scientists mean when they say that they have 'independently replicated or verified' someone else's research.

The Lugano team did not/does not assert that Lugano was an independent replication - it was a demonstration, not independent replication.

You seem confused: I never said that Lugano was a replication, indeed I pointed out it was not. A replication involves using its own reactor, while scientists have tested a Rossi reactor built by IH. Regarding independence, I find it normal for Rossi to intervene in some operations, as there are industrial secrets to be protected. However, these actions did not compromise the independence of the test, which was nevertheless conducted by scientists.

Please show me the evidence that 'there were cameras that have always record every action of the people present', as I have not seen that evidence provided anywhere.

That would be helpful information to add to the debate. However, it wouldn't be definitive because there all sorts of subtle ways to tamper with the fuel sample.

I've given the only proof needed to support the conclusion that ash tampering is a reasonable alternative explanation for the Lugano fuel analysis results:

I remembered a reading about the cameras, but maybe I was confused with the Doral Test. However, this is not an important point. If you are convinced that there has been a deception in the reactor charging, you will always fabricate different ways to support this thesis, especially if you really believe that you have provided "a proof". I rely on what is written in the Lugano report, where it is said that Rossi intervened in certain actions, not that it was alone when he did them.

SSC: If you want to say that I am lying when I say I don't have a dog in this fight, say so and don't be a coward. I repeat, I have no dog in this fight, I have no financial interest in it and I have no personal or business relationships with any of the parties, their counsel or anyone on this board (at least as far as I know, as most of the people here post anonymously). But, if you decide you want to say I am lying, please note that statement could be considered defamatory, particularly as I have identified myself, and I can assure you that this board and your ISP will gladly turn over you real identity pursuant to a subpoena. So, at the risk of violating the norms of this board, fold it five ways and shove it where the moon don't shine.

Your vulgarity and your exaggerated reaction are entirely inappropriate. I only expressed a reasonable doubt, among other things I was just doing irony. But such a angry answer shows only guilty conscience. If you want to denounce me for such a trifle....well, do it. Obviously you have time to throw.

This post moved from RdV2 - reason, contains threats of legal action, which have no place in this public forum. Alan.

Whether or not IH filed a patent, so what? If the technology works, they have protected themselves, if it doesn't all they have done is paid for orthodontia for the patent attorney's children. See above re: risk factors.

As far as I know, the conditions for obtaining a patent are three: the disclosed matter must be new, innovative and feasible at an industrial level. The third one needs that the product works.

Serious scientists defend their published works when those are cast into doubt with valid critiques. Silence, in such cases, usually means that they are embarrassed, have no defense and don't want to make it worse.

Serious scientists respond to criticism by demonstrating their reasons through other experiments and other articles. You just have to wait.

notice the patent (as seen in the claims WO2015127263 ) are only on a device (the reactor tube) and there is no claim that it produces excess power beyond input and no claims on the material to put in the device.

There is no mention of excessive heat in the claims because everyone knows that it is almost impossible to get a patent if you deal with this issue (the cases of rejected LENR patents are infinite). However, in the patent text it is mentioned:

[00175] [...] By way of example, using the data of file No. 1 in the table:

COP = (2128.32 + 307.98) / (815.86 - 37.77) = 3.13 ± (3% + 5%) = 3.13 ± 8>#/p###

[00193] Even if taken from this extremely conservative point of view, the reactor lies beyond the limits of the Ragone plot

[00196] Once again, even in the most conservative scenarios, these are values that conclude that the reactor studied here may not be considered a conventional source of energy when loaded with an appropriate reactive material such as was done in the experiments described above.

It is not correct to say that they have only patented a vessel for material.....

It makes perfect sense - They (Peter and Henry) traveled around the US visiting most of the researchers supported by IH. It would be hard to say they could not visit Rossi. Your assertion that Darden used Doral as a showcase is not correct. I think the "showcase" was elsewhere (possibly the work by Cooper and that by Miley).

You keep on discounting all the other work and the visit on the same US trip by the Woodford group to all the other places. Rossi (I think) was the last place the visited on the way back to the UK.

You assume way to much.

You are assuming too much when you say that the showcase was the work of Cooper and Miley. Everyone knows that the most famous name in the LENR world has long been that of Rossi and it was Woodford (or rather McLaughlin, if I remember the name well) to say that Rossi was their core business. So it is far more likely that Darden has focused above all on the Doral plant to attract investment.

SSC. Are you by any chance one of Rossi's lawyers?

accepted is not identical to not complained.

Nor does your assumption here - that the relationship would have stopped, or Penon not paid had IH compained - seem obvious to me.

You are definitely close in thinking to the Rossi legal team.

Unfortunately no, I'm not a law expert but I use only a little bit of common sense: when you pay three reports, you've accepted three reports. If I order four products and the first one arrive to me broken, I will give it back and I will not pay it, I do not wait for the other three before complaining. IH has de facto accepted at least three reports of Penon.

OK: let us just agree that Rossi never intended this as a scientific test. I can agree with that. Rossi has always categorically refused scientific tests (Lugano was we now know controlled by Rossi). He has alo categorically refused to let his device be black-box tested by independent groups wanting to discover whether it works or no. Note the strong distinction here from the estimable (in this respect) me356.

The Lugano test was made by scientists, with the presence of Rossi. Rossi did not control it, otherwise it would have been his test, and the scientists would not write and sign the Lugano report.

IH did not have unrestricted access to the demo. Rossi had a list of allowed personel to visit, none of whom were technically competent. He was happy to add any number of untechnical people to the list, but refused competent technical guys.

Who told you that Rossi did not want any technical staff to visit Lugano? It is not his fault if IH at that time was constituted only by VCs incompetent in matter ....

Rossi is extraordinarily deceptive, and therefore an entirely reasonable alternate explanation for the ash analysis results is that he tampered with the ash, vs. transmutation.

There were cameras that have always record every action of the people present in the test, and Rossi did not perform the fuel loading and the ash extraction on its own (or do you believe he did it? If you are convinced he was alone, prove it). The reactor used in Lugano was built by IH and was used in the presence of scientists: your allegations about a possible fraud of Rossi do not make sense.

p.7

The dummy reactor was switched on at 12:20 PM of 24 February 2014 by Andrea Rossi who gradually
    brought it to the power level requested by us. Rossi later intervened to switch off the dummy, and in the
    following subsequent operations on the E-Cat: charge insertion, reactor startup, reactor shutdown and
    powder charge extraction.

Sigmoidal, you cited this extract to prove that the Lugano test was not independent. Why should these phrases should prove it? Scientists have said that Rossi intervened in those operations, but they did not add that they were in the bar at that time to take a coffee.....

He obviously has talents. Just think, if he had used his imagination and intellect for marketing a successful and useful product, or other worthwhile Public Relations, he might have actually contributed something positive to society.

Time will give you an answer........

His game is choosing the most polite, gullible, and desirous marks. And in Levi, Focardi, Lewan, and the Swedish scientists who examined the so-called hot cats, he found ideal marks/victims. All Rossi had to do was present these people with things like misplaced thermocouples, miscomputed thermal radiation, mismeasured input power, constantly changing conditions (improvements which never improved) and of course, never, NOT ONE, not a single proper calibration performed by credible people using their own equipment! Also, Rossi was lucky and those who worked with him were way overly polite to avoid his put on irritability and anger.

Do you really think it's possible that Rossi has been able to cheat so many people, even experts, in so many years? Or is it easier to think that you are following an agenda, since you have been persecute him for years in any forum, blog, and space you can find on the web? You are not credible, you have never been.

Now we know for certain that it wasn't carried out independently (despite Rossi's claim that it was), that it wasn't a controlled experiment (no unfuelled comparison trial using identical measurement). And even at the time, the Lugano investigators (correctly) described it as a 'demonstration', not a fully independent replication.

Lugano was carried out independently: all this story of the non-independence of the test emerged only when Darden said that Rossi was present every day of the test while the scientists interchanged each others. So what? Rossi was indispensable for some operations, since they were secret and scientists could not know them (for example, about the trigger of the reaction). In the Lugano report it is clearly stated in which operations Rossi was involved but it is not said at all that during those operations Rossi was all alone! Scientists have supervised his actions and I do not think it would be so easy to deceive them. The experiment was checked since a comparative dummy was used and there is no point in speaking about replication, since scientists have tested a Rossi's reactor (built by IH!) and not its own reactor.

But seeking investors does not imply that they "accepted" the ERV report. It is very likely that they were seeking support for their other LENR research programs.

It does not make much sense to show the Doral plant to investors and then ask them to pay money for other projects. Darden used the Doral test as a showcase to raise funds, and it is useless to deny that Rossi and his E-Cat have long been more famous and promising than the competition reactors. It's Rossi that has attracted Woodford's attention, not the rest of the portfolio.

I also do not see any documented evidence that Penon signed the final report or the interim reports. It may be that Rossi wrote it like the daily reports and assumed the Penon would sign it.

Penon is a serious professional, with years of experience behind him and a solid reputation. Do you think he would not have intervened if a report was brought up bearing his name and he did not have anything to do with it? Be serious ...... the report is his.

I don't recall what led me here. I may have run across a link on Quatloos or on one of the too numerous blogs I visit. My interest in CF is probably limited to the desire to see clean cheap energy, but I have no familiarity with any of the specific proposals to achieve that.

Well, it is right to have hope for new sources of clean and cheap energy ..... which is why I was interested in E-Cat. As a lawyer (you, not me), though, I wonder why you have already made such a verdict. Do not you think Rossi can still have a lot to say about the whole affair? Do not you think that some evidence that you find obvious may turn out to be different when Rossi will explain it to the jury? I thought your class of workers was usually more cautious about these issues.

"The Swedes" probably already know quite fully who they dealt with. That is why we have not heard a single word from any of them in three years.

They have not defended their report.

The Swedes probably know exactly who they are dealing with, it is really so! For this reason, they are experimenting with an E-Cat-like reactor (source: Mats Lewan) with the likely support of Fulvio (source: Ahlfors document). If they did not believe in Rossi, they would now devote themselves to something else. And if we do not hear anything about their activity, it is because they are serious scientists, who express themselves through publications and publish only after several successful replies.

How lucky this forum is to have real verified lawyers with no interest in the affair, coming out of the woodwork (eh) to state that Rossi is a doomed liar and hack.

Case closed I guess better tell the swedes, they might be unaware of whom they're dealing with!

The timing is a bit suspicious indeed.... but it is said that thinking badly is a sin! ;)