can Verified User
  • Member since Jan 20th 2017

Posts by can

Alan Smith

I don't have time right now to look up for the actual source in detail, but from the DTRA Boss-Forsley investigation released a few months ago:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MosierBossinvestigat.pdf

One of the 'Lookingforheat' support crew has obtained and donated a high-power pulse-able blue laser, not the Nd-YAG type but a 445nM 3 watt job. It is en-route to the UK apparently. Do you have any ideas what that might be best used for?

This doesn't sound like it's a Q-switched laser, does it?

Alan Smith

The carbon grains are also - I suppose - acting as a sieve for whatever impurity is coming off the electrodes and the water, which I guess would tend to sediment over time, where the bulk of the carbon is according to what you're reporting.

The idea is that some sort of vigorous stirring would accelerate this process and potentially make detection easier.

I've attempted a transcription of the me356 segment (starting from hour 1:16:00 in the video) but unfortunately the audio is bad and left me unable to understand a few words. Hopefully others can fill the gaps. This being said, I'm not getting the impression that me356 is "a thing of the past" here, or at least for the MFMP team. I don't think me356 ever discussed purchasing a SEM (scanning electron microscope) on LENR-Forum.

Bob Greenyer

Me356 is "somewhere" in Eastern Europe. He's a self-funded scientist. He's an incredible guy, a really incredible guy [emphasis]. He claims repeatable significant excess heat. He's preparing for 3rd party scrutiny, and we've been given ..... to go ... and observe it. His major breakthrough really came when he purchased an SEM recently. ... He has a russian approach to science, which is: “try: it works... try: it works, uh! Try: oh, doesn't work!”. He's doing research, research, research, experiment, experiment, experiment, while he's running (?) his companies. He could see which experiments produce a little bit of power, which didn't, and then he had all these samples, he got his SEM - it costs 50000 euros or whatever - he gets his SEM and he goes “oh that explains why that works! This one works, this one works, oh it didn't work...”

You know, so he's ..... looking tools doing something similar with our work, because we need to understand what's going on at the structural level. [Refers to person on the other side] And I think probably you have a wonderful opportunity here if you can get the bright people involved - I didn't try (?) University to be frank [laughs] - but you need to get... we need to help you get out of this mental barrier people have with the science “nothing worth investigating”. If you can show remediation of Cs137 very very quickly, if you can show transmutation of elements very very quickly, then I don't think you have any problem getting access to the facilities that you've got here (?).

- Bob, can you confirm that he's a real person?

I can confirm that he's a real person [nods]!

- Have you met him or spoke him to the phone?

I've slept on his floor and ran experiments with him; he actually ran ... [*video breaks*] 450 (?) Palazzio ... just around the corner from the center where ICCF19 was held. We ran that for a few weeks or stuff like that, and he ran it for a couple whatever ... a week and a half, two weeks.

...So yes, these are really SEMs from his real experiments. So [points to presentation slide] this is nickel and this is probably a combination of aluminium and lithium and so on.

This is some more... he says his kind (?) of reactor produces these interesting structures where you get these nanowires forming out of... he says this is the lithium, but I think it's probably the aluminium, he hasn't the EDX attachment to his SEM, but he's saying that the wires ... (?) as the reaction goes on.

Jones Beene of Vortex-l attended the event. He's posted this on the mailing list:

@MrSelfSustain 

Can we safely assume it's actually intended to contain nickel powder? Compared to the original Italian patent, the international patent application suggests that nickel is "coated" on the inner surface of the tube, which means that some sort of deposition would have to occur somewhere in the process. Not just in words: the indicated location for the nickel [powder] in the diagram also seems oddly nondescript. I'm aware that some time back MFMP also suggested this but I don't know if it's because more informed people told them so or if it genuinely was their idea. I'm also aware that Francesco Celani started working with constantan (NiCu alloy) because of Rossi. I guess in this case the spillover catalyst would be copper (= the tube), onto which a nickel thin film (= high surface area) is deposited.

... Nickel is coated in a copper tube, ...

Celani has suggested that NiCu dissociates H2 better than Ni, Cu, or Pd alone (read pages 2-3 here).

By the time I finished skimming through the first paper - which was mostly about the NAE - you've added other ones which I haven't got time to read right now, but from what I've read he does seem to believe that the Hydroton responsible for the reaction is a linear chain cluster composed of covalently bonded (metallic) hydrogen. There's not too much detail about it yet, but he compares it to a "Rydberg molecule" citing one of Holmlid's papers. Apparently, future papers by Storms will be written to describe its formation. Some excerpts below.

In reference to the experiments by Egely, does anybody know what would the typical Q-Factor of a spherical cavity be? Wouldn't very large power densities locally be generated with a kW-scale magnetron at resonance frequency?

Zephir_AWT

There's a button with a magnifying glass icon on the top right in user profiles which allows to list all comments and/or threads made by that specific user, similarly to Reddit. Quite handily, it even shows full comments. However users can decide to opt out from allowing this by restricting user profile access.