PhysicsForDummies Verified User
  • Male
  • from San Diego CA USA
  • Member since Jan 8th 2018

Posts by PhysicsForDummies

The AR fanbase is not his real audience: Leonardo's 'customers' are the ones who want to invest big money, not us 'little' people.

I think originally AR thought he might have something real.

But I think now, with his advanced age, this whole thing is simply about his addiction to the adulation of his fanbase.

He is 73 or so and does not seem to need money as he got millions from IH and has Miami condos.

There is no real research going on, no real team, just one man blogging for their ego throwing together duct taped tin cans.

As an aside, and not related to Rossi necessarily, a quest for adulation is a classic symptom of NPD.1

"Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for adulation, and lack of empathy. Diagnosis is by clinical criteria. Treatment is with psychodynamic psychotherapy."

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) - Psychiatric Disorders - Merck Manuals Professional Edition

1. Disclaimer, I am not a psychologist, and I am not claiming to diagnose Rossi.

I am just noting, in my own personal, free speech allowed, opinion, that Rossi seems to me to exhibits symptoms of NPD. I am probably wrong and perhaps his patterns of profusely complementing himself using sock puppets is normal behavior.

Once again, the year+ long wait for the next version commences.

Rossi says if things go well, it will only be 1 year.

Sam, will you give him "just" one more year?

Alan, this is theatrical suspense. But the theater is playing Waiting for Godot.

2023-10-12 04:02 Anonymous

Dear Dr Andrea Rossi,

We can understand that now you can’t know when you will be ready to make the test with the EV, but perhaps you can answer these questions:

1- when the error analysis will be sufficient for you to restart the streaming on Youtube and Twitch of the SSM Ecat powered lamp ?

2- do you think one year will be sufficient for you to reschedule the Ecat SSM powered EV test ?

Thank you if you can answer,

2023-10-12 08:04 Andrea Rossi

Anonymous:

1- I think several months

2- Yes, it is possible

Warm Regards,

A.R.

A fake demo - assumption

A fake demo - assumption

never really planned - assumption

was cancelled - on hold : might change to rescheduled or cancelled

If it was a scam it would work perfectly every time.

Shutting down ALL his ecats, including his 1-year headlight demo is either a

"was cancelled" - assumption

The demo was not cancelled if it was never planned and never scheduled.

If it was a scam it would work perfectly every time - assumption, and a false one at that, scammers get sophisticated many times.

"Shutting down ALL his ecats" - assumption. It is not known if there are any other e-cats tp shut down other than the headlight, and that might be an empty can.

Are you serious? A fake demo never really planned was cancelled and that boosts your confidence? We all said (including the poll posted on ECW) that the demo would never happen. Alan, this is, like you say, theatrical suspense. But not brilliant, rather moronic.

Rossi paid a fortune for the racetrack rental and the celebrity drivers.

It's such a shame this safety issue popped up just days before the festival.

Defense Lawyers Call Character Witness in SBF FTX Trial

New York, NY (AP) — In an attempt sway jury opinion and gain empathy,

lawyers for Sam Bankman-Fried have called a character witness to the stand.

The witness, Andrea Rossi, is an Italian entrepreneur with expertise in energy

generation systems which defy current laws of physics.

Prosecuting attorneys objected to the witness on the grounds he has no connection

to SBF and his FTX business, however defense attorneys argued that their situations bear a

remarkable similarity. Both have generated revolutionary new business models that were

able to extract large sums of money from investors. Both are misunderstood geniuses

that have been victims of libel and malicious treatment by their investors.

Both have been tirelessly working to improve the world, SBF using his Effective Altruism

strategy by large donations to politicians, and for Rossi, his creation of free non-polluting

energy which is saving the world. And both have a cult following, with their great looks

and charming personalities.

I get all the free speech stuff, but it really is not necessary to spell it out, since as you say yourself 'everybody knows'. So please stop, it makes the forum loook unprofessional.

First I must premise, that this is the playground where "everything goes".

In reality this thread is way more valuable and scientific, than say the EVO thread.

I never remember saying everyone knows. Obviously some people, even here, don't know. Even Bob Greenyer is trying to pull punches not using the "sc" word on ECW. There is a serious problem with the world when you can't tell the truth. Unprofessional? Bullocks (see a Yank even knows that word).

Anyway, from now on to avoid libel I will accuse Rossi of being a "Sam'er" rather than a "Sc...er" :)

Folks, please stop with the accusations of scam. Anyone still falling for “il dottore” has plenty of information about his track record, and deserves the dissapointment, but calling him a scammer can be considered slander and we can’t allow that.

We have free speech rights which are protected by anti-slapp laws.

Libel laws are not here to protect scammers. Whistleblowers have rights.

Understanding Anti-SLAPP laws - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (rcfp.org)

2. Andrea Rossi: It is a question whether he is just a total fool and believed his tech worked at some point, or in my estimation considering his history with Petrol Dragon etc, he has just been a lifelong scammer.

Rossi has admitted there

is a problem with his technology and will now have to doubly prove that it works to make sales.

doubly prove?

2 x 0 = 0

I have been thinking deeply about who from the following list are the worst scammers.

I have rated them in terms of scammyness.

A big factor is whether they knew it was a scam all along, or just got caught in a lie to keep out of trouble.

Here are my rankings in inverse order of scammyness.

5. Elizabeth Holmes: I think most of her failings were from incompetence and failure to listen to anyone else.

4. Sam Bankman Fraud: Here there is some incompetence but his bribery of politicians is really sleazy.

3. Bernie Madoff: His business started respectably but the sleazy scam parts were gradually added on later.

2. Andrea Rossi: It is a question whether he is just a total fool and believed his tech worked at some point, or in my estimation considering his history with Petrol Dragon etc, he has just been a lifelong scammer.

1. Charles Ponzi: Well he invented the whole class of scams. He should retroactively win the Nobel Prize in scamming, (Rossi should win this years prize).

There are some other fundamental explanations which I think are more likely.

1. He discovered the e-cat doesn't generate energy and needed an excuse.

2. He never planned to have the event in the first place. It was all a smokescreen from the very beginning.

3. The safety concern has more to do with his personal physical safety from retribution by various third parties (investors, loan sharks, the Italian government, mafia, etc).

Sam, to keep you informed, Rossi cancelled all demonstrations due to supposed safety concerns.

Sam, what is your take about this latest news about the cancelation?

Should we just wait and see for some more months, or years?

Can we get that MMA fighter you admire to do something about this?

This is once again a brilliant strategy by Rossi.

Fixing this supposed safety issue will require a new revision of the E-cat technology.

He can name it something clever, say "The E-cat Safe Cat", or maybe "E-cat SC".

This will require another extended round of engineering and "sigma-5" testing.

A new demo plan can be gradually leaked, with teasers about when it might occur.

Fanboys on ECW can be entertained and speculate on what the safety issues are that he is dealing with.

The Rossi cult are used to this kind of thing.

Rinse and repeat.

EV-Race is canceled due to "major problem".

Everyone here must be shocked! Sam, are you OK?

Since Rossi even stopped the online streaming version, we must assume this safety issue involves triggering a false vacuum decay which will destroy the universe.

Axil was right all along. We need to give that guy more credit.