axil Verified User
  • Member since Oct 10th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by axil

Mats Lewan is said to have seen the QX produce deep blue color when running at 100%. Even at 30%, the QX produces light at between 400 to 500 nm that I saw recorded with my own eyes recorded on the spectrograph as seen in the video. I don't beleive the info on light production that is coming from Rossi. That info might be self serving. Rossi might be seeing what he wants to see. Rossi says that the light produced was measured at 1100nm. This is infrared light and is not even visible. How can Rossi get a valid blackbody heat reading when the QX is running at 30% power level? Those people who were witnesses at the Demo should have reacted to this discontinuity in logic during the demo in real time. I would have liked to have heard the explanation offered by Rossi. Am I looking at this situation correctly?

cleardot.gif

The tube looks like alumina, If so the temperature is less that 2000C. To be comparable to the QX, the operating temperature would need to get beyond the vapor temperature of aluminum. It is too bad that all this testing is secret.

@MY

As a responsible citizen and crime fighter, you might in conscience be compelled to go to the attorney general to clean these things up. I will be looking for your story on CNN: your first step toward widespread fame as a protector of the public interest. It will certainly be interesting.

There is no such thing as a vested anti-LENR interest. No one cares about the research except for the researchers themselves, and they are mostly elderly people without funding or influence. There is no opposition from any mainstream organization. Only neglect, and ignorance of the subject.

In the 1990s, there was strong opposition from institutions such as the DoE and Nature, but that has all been forgotten now. The fight ended 20 years ago.

Most of the major opponents such as Huizenga are dead. I knew them all. None of them has posted here. There are no organizations such as oil companies opposed to cold fusion today. If there were, I would know about it. There are no pretend grassroots organizations ("astroturf" organizations) opposed to cold fusion. That is a ridiculous and totally unfounded claim made by some of the Rossi supporters here. No organization anywhere is paying people to oppose cold fusion, or -- for that matter -- to support it.

The past is the past. I take it that you don't forsee any resistance from any energy provider no matter what stage of commercialization that LENR archives going forward?

One can hope but I wouldn't bet on it. I am not even betting that the rules will be clear, much less evenly applied. Hey, it's their forum. If they want another Frank Acland Paradise, achieving it is its own punishment.

This forum should expect that vested anti LENR interests will if not prevented fill this forum with a flood of professional naysayers far more venomous that MY has ever been. Such an onslaught should be prevented at an early stage to avoid changing this site into another anti Rossi site. Those interests could setup their own site to ply their trade.

You might like this paper axil, a very good description of charge clusters.

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ChiceaDelectroncl.pdf

The size of the space that is identified to hold 10^8 to 10^13 electons is 1.9x10^29 m-3. The impossibility to confine this density of an aggregation of electrons is a consequence of the coulomb barrier.

But LENR theorists wrongly insist that extremely high concentrations of electrons are possible. This paper uses the force that such a purported extreme concentration of electrons would trigger the fusion of deuterium. At the time that this paper was written, protium fusion was not widely recognized. This protium fusion is not possible. This removes the basic assumption of fusion as a cause of LENR as put forth by this paper.

Loading that small tube with fuel takes some imagination. Would dissolving the lithium aluminum hydride in a liquid and placing the tube in the fuel solution so that capillary action of the tube draws the fuel solution into it work? Then dry the tube out to remove the liquid so that only a film of fuel coats the inside of the capillary space.

During the demo, Rossi said that the hydrogen envelope inside the tube is the size of a hair. The very small size of this volume is inherently safe from many angles. There is not much destructive potential is such a small amount of material.

[Alan Smith

That's interesting to know (but going along the previously given description, it naturally follows that high current, low voltage arcs would work);

Regarding: "It naturally follows that high current, low voltage arcs would work"

The QX is a downsized version of the SunCell with the plasma ball reduced to the size of a speck of dust. You can understand what is happening inside the QX by looking at what is happening inside the SunCell when both systems are running in self sustain mode. The metal used in the QX is aluminum whereas the metal used to support the plasma inside the SunCell is silver. Lithium is not a reactant and remains in the vapor form. Unlike the SunCell, the hydrogen pressure inside the QX tube is very high because the amount of solid fuel that is placed inside the QX must be proportionality substantial relative to the size of the tube in order for the fuel loading to be manageable manually. Rossi cannot work with(load) nanograms of fuel into that small tube to produce a hydrogen pressure close to a vacuum.

cleardot.gif

At ECW, you get banned if you do not believe Rossi. I know from personal experience.

Posting on ECW is like going to church. The congregation raises thier voices in harmony in holy praise and worship. The doctrine is universally accepted, and heretics are banned and immediately tossed out the door, and the plague of perdition is not permitted inside the sacred walls. What a religious experience; good for the soul.

axil

Instead of doing this surface preparation beforehand as several researchers in the LENR field appear to do, couldn't the reaction directly occur within the cloud of particles formed by the plasma / high current vaporizing in part the electrodes or by forming a plasma through a pre-existing particle dispersion?

This is a system that uses the approach that you suggest.

HIGH-ENERGETIC METAL NANO-CLUSTER PLASMOID AND

ITS SOFT X-RADIATION

Klimov A., Grigorenko A., Efimov A., Sidorenko M.,Soloviev A., Tolkunov B., Evstigneev N., Ryabk ov O

http://www.newinflow.ru/pdf/Klimov_Poster.pdf

I beleive that the QX works in the same way: that is by dusty plasma.

Regarding: "The principle requirement for generating an EV is to rapidly concentrate a very high, uncompensated electric charge in a small volume."

The entanglement of the polariton with a photon requires that the photon and the electron be in contact for a period long enough for the two to reach the same energy level. This thermalization between the electron and the photon is made possible when the electron can be localized in a limited space. Localization of the electron happen around bumps and in cracks in metals, A process called Anderson localization is central to this process of Polariton entanglement.

Many LENR reactors use rough metal surfaces to catalyze the LENR reaction. This surface preparation of a metal surface can be done using metal vapor deposition (Piantelli) or either spark (Mizuno) or laser resurfacing. By their nature (topological), nanoparticles produce near ideal surface conditions for localizing electrons.

For your convenience

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_localization

A few more QX design factors can be extracted by considering the implications of the nature of the KERR stimulus control mechanism.

Because the KERR effect is mediated by an electrostatic field, the material that the QX is made from must allow that field to get through the reactor structure and into the fuel. Therefore the structural material must be a non metal. Rossi might use non metals throughout the QX structure to avoid field absorption and to enable better control of that field.

Many QX tubes can be controlled by one all encompassing electrostatic field. A direct wire connection does not need to be made to each QX tube.

I have other eyewitness accounts of the 'lava lamp' lights inside the reactor that did not involve a melt-down. I stand corrected about FF's comment though, I had forgotten his reference to 'melted'.

Dear Alan, you are intellectually honest and a pleasure to converse with. It is well worth my time to explain to you how the LENR reaction works. There are not many whose intellectual virtues make them so worthy.

A characteristic of the stimulus that can be distilled from the Fabiani quotes is that the stimulus is EMF field based. Study of the KERR effect reveals how its behavior is instructive in how LENR behaves including self sustaining mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerr_effect

The DC Kerr effect, is the special case in which a slowly varying external electric field is applied by, for instance, a voltage on electrodes across the sample material. Polariton lifetimes are measured in picoseconds or at most microseconds. The polariton soliton must be restimulated after it comes into existence so that it can reach optimum power projection. Polaritons are not in equilibrium with new polaritons replacing dead ones on a short timescale. The electrostatic activation field must be constant in order to sustain the polariton at nominal power levels.

In the optical or AC Kerr effect, an intense beam of light in a medium can itself provide the modulating electric field, without the need for an external field to be applied. In terms of the LENR reaction, the light produced by the polariton grows so bright, that the KERR field is self stimulating. This situation occurs in self sustain mode where the reaction builds on itself to the point where the light (aka white EVO) that it generates equals in intensity of the power produced by a laser, a self sustaining light level.

In the Demo, Rossi was running the QX at 30% maximum power. This is achieved by reducing the electrostatic field strength so that the power projection of the polaritons is not optimized. When the QX runs at maximum power, the voltage applied to the electrodes is maximized. So the voltage level that produces the electrostatic field controls the power level of the QX.

Only under maximum electrostatic stimulation is the self sustain condition reached. But there is a danger that the reaction will become supercritical when running in self sustain mode. This is the meltdown condition.

Rossi protects against meltdown in the QX because the solid metal nanoparticles that support the polariton of entangled electron dipole motion is vaporized at high temperature, This kills all the polaritons in the QX. When the temperature of the plasma becomes low enough for metal nanoparticles to reform, then the LENR reaction can be reestablished. In this way the QX is passively protected from meltdown because its structure is beyond the meltdown temperature of the metal reactant (aluminum).

Do you mean 'eating'? Or heating? The second would be correct.

From this post:

https://animpossibleinvention.…u-people-wouldnt-believe/

Fabiani alludes to the KERR effect as the E-Cat stimulus E-Cat reaction as follows:

“Over the years we realized that the reaction needs more stimuli than only heating. Everyone thinks that thermal stimulus is enough but that’s just the beginning. It’s not enough for maximum efficiency. It’s the base, the synthesis of the reaction. But the reaction has almost behaviors as of living matter, and it has responses as a function of the stimuli. They can be of many types other than thermal. And these are the ones that trigger, let’s call it the most fun part of it, allowing excellent gains in terms of response to the stimuli.”

Fabiani then talks about the SPP as a soliton of photons(ball lightning) and the KERR effect that activates that soliton as follows:

Talking about the validity of the E-Cat technology, Fabiani continues:

“With the failures, I found myself having to believe in it. Why? Because when something fails, you see the behavior of the object. The next time you adjust it, then you see that it behaves very differently. And then you realize that it is something unique. We have it all filmed, which still cannot be disclosed. We have photographs of creatures that emit pure light that have completely melted the reactor down, all in a very quiet way. You just turn off the stimuli system and the reaction is switched off. It’s impressive.

Is meltdown heat or is it eat?

Regarding: "In much of his work Shoulders describes EVO's as discrete toroidal entities"

The polariton as EVO exists in a toroidal entity called a whispering gallery wave where two contra rotating waves of photons circulate in a high Q mode (AKA little energy loss). The entangled electrons associated with the photon currents remain in a electron hole dipole in the metal that supports the EVO. The whispering gallery wave can be located at a distance from the metal that produced it.

The whispering gallery wave is an optical microcavity, Science has resently demonstrated experimentally the emergence of spontaneous symmetry breaking in an ultrahigh-Q whispering-gallery microresonator. The Optical whispering gallery (WGW) microcavity is the structural form that the Surface Plasmon Polariton assumed in LENR. These whispering gallery modes are analogous to the acoustic resonances in the whispering gallery in St. Paul Cathedral in London.

A critical clue to the role of symmetry breaking in LENR is the observation that the application of an electrostatic field catalyzes spontaneous symmetry breaking in the WGW via the Kerr effect. In the quiescent magnetic state, the WGW produces a magnetic field like a dipole magnet. But these field lines can be slightly anisotropic and these magnetic field lines will produce a minimal LENR effect.

But when a high voltage electrostatic field is applied to the WGW, the index of refraction inside the wave becomes complex via the KERR effect and the counter rotating photon currents combine into a unified current.

This activated WGW is now transformed from a magnetic dipole to a magnetic monopole thus greatly amplifying its magnetic strength. This structure can now produce a powerful LENR response in proportion to the number and energy content of photons that are circulating inside the WGW.

Regarding: :"capable of forming chains of inter-twined toroids"

When the high voltage electrostatic field is applied, the TAO Effect is also applied to a group of WGWs (AKA polariton solitons),

The polariton soliton is a superconductor because it is a Bose condinsate and as such is subject to the TAO effect.

When Ken Shoulders was working, the polariton was not discovered, but in the last 10 years, its nature is intensively studied. The polariton is a condensed matter entity. It needs a metal surface to form. But after formation it can become decoupled from that metal surface and float around. The entangled electrons that are part of the polariton condensate are still a part of the electron/hole dipole, it is the photon portion of the polariton that can travel.

As the polariton soliton extracts energy from quarks in the matter around it, the polariton soliton stores that energy in WGWs and the LENR effect becomes more powerful over time, because the new photons add more spin to the WGW. As the energy content of the WGW increases, the frequency of the photons increases from infrared to extreme ultraviolet. (1)

Fabiani revealed that he has seen balls of light eating the structure of a reactor when the activation signal is applied. So Rossi has produced the EVO and it is the cause of his reaction.

1 - The equation for photon energy is {\displaystyle E={\frac {hc}{\lambda }}} E = hc/y

Where E is photon energy, h is the Planck constant, c is the speed of light in vacuum and y is the photon's wavelength

axil

On a more serious note, that provisional patent only claims that 50-100 kV voltages are being used, not how they're generated.

One could also argue that at 3-6 bar of pressure electrons won't be accelerated as claimed, so it's wrong or misleading information anyway.

One more issue that just occurred to me. There is THREE QX reactors and only one controller input signal. So it looks like the High voltage activation pulse is driving all three QX reactors in parallel. And that fractal input sine wave thing is also affecting all three reactors identically. The QX is a dumb slave to the controller.