me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

Again many thanks for sharing the details!

One thought comes to my mind. What if the excess heat was caused by a local overheating of the heater? Then we can get very high temperatures just before the heater will fail in some spots. Does the heater always failed in each experiment after excess heat was observed?

In one of my experiment I have also melted the heater to the state when part of it was basically in the fluid state. Actually I think that it happened because excess heat occured, but I was unable to measure temperature in the center/core of the reactor. So it is important to check implication. If the heater failed because of excess heat inside the tube or failing heater caused excess heat. From your photos I think that it was the first option so there was real excess heat.

I am looking forward for the experiments with AC. It would be nice to find if there is any difference between applying AC or DC to the heater.

LenzandCoLab: Thank you very much for your great support and effort!
    New image you have attached look like it is rather following power line plot. But this could be caused by the fact, that the excess heat is coming from inside, not the heater.
    For example it would be good to check, how your digital multimeter interprets failure of a thermocouple so we can be sure that it can't report false data.

If you can perform ash analysis you can be very certain. I am sure it will show interesting things.

I wish you all the best with more experiments and looking forward for new findings!
    Your help is extremely valuable.

My strategy is to not invest in anything. My strategy is to build something from money I have. Yes, it will take longer time, but you are not risking at all.

In this way you can create a product, that will simply work, because it will be tested by a few people from the beginning. Then customers count will increase and substantially your product will be better and better. You will always have money to create more and more with respect to current demand. You should be only carefull which mean slower.

With all due respect, whose points are you addressing here, me356? If you would kindly use the internal "reply" rather than the external red "reply" button, then it might be clearer who the "you" is that you refer to in your reply. Some here take great effort to break apart the post being replied to, so as to make it clear what is being addressed. I don't even know if you are responding to me (Longview) or to someone else here, and I certainly don't see exactly how your points apply as a reply to specific points made by others or to mine.Thanks

I am not responding to anybody particular. I am just telling what I am thinking about.
    I am sorry - I have accidently modified your message. But I have edited it back to its original form.

From my point of view I don't accept conductivity of ceramic tubes as reason for success replication.

As showed in Songsheng's replication there is very different construction. Fuel container is made from Nickel plate and this was attached in two ceramic rings. So theoretically current could flow from end to end of the fuel container.
    But nickel plate will be surely much better conductor than the fuel itself so the current will (if any) flow just there - not over the fuel.
    If there was really some electrical circuit through the fuel, then this flow was there all the time in higher temperatures. But nothing happened on its own. Until he started to change power level there was no excess heat. This behavior was very similar with Parkhomov experiments.

Power level change in a coils will always create magnetic field. And this happened before LENR effect was observed always. Even one sharp spike could trigger LENR if the power is high enough.

Do you know a linear induction flashlight? Even one fast shake will create charge that the light will be observed for a while.
    Do you know a FET transistors? Even very small current can cause, that you will "open the valve" and then transistor will be just opened all the time until there is input flow.

And similarly it could be with LENR triggering. But a requirements must be fulfilled. So basically the requirement could be that we have to do 2 things simultaneously and correctly.

I believe that Rossi found a signal, that is triggering LENR all the time. So then he do not have to make anything else than changing the temperature accordingly.

My conclusion is that for Hot Cat only magnetic induction is used with a proper modulation and power. This will not require Mhz or Ghz frequency at all.

I know from Songsheng he is working on it. I guess that the problem is in the instrumentation he is using. He wants that it is interfaced with the computer, etc. Different thermocouple require different amplifier. Mostly there are available just amplifiers for type K, but for other it may not or are not so accessible, especially when you are using special equipment.
    It may take few weeks until he gets everything needed.

I know it very well from my experience.

What we have seen is that either with stainless steel fuel container or without it can work.

I am in contact with Songsheng, his opinion is that direct stimulation is not necessary. He thinks that EM field created by rapid change of the voltage level is the reason for triggering LENR.
    Also he described me, that initial process took him approx. 18 hours, then excess heat was observed. Mostly our experiments are not running so long.

I am sure it will work more and more.

We only have to:
    1. load nickel with enough hydrogen - this should be done between 100 - 300°C for few hours.
    2. now we should be able to trigger LENR. The problem here is, how.
    For Hot Cat the best is to get higher temperatures because for this, we need also more power. When we have enough power, Nickel can be charged and LENR triggered.
    LENR effect is boosted by temperature too thus it is vital to have Hot Cat.
    If we are able to stimulate fuel directly, we do not need such high temperatures. That mean that the heater and stimulation circuits should be independent. In this case we should be able to trigger LENR maybe from 100°C, but necessary power for the stimulation will be probably significantly higher.
    The problem is, that we do not know how much power is necessary for the process.

Also as we can see, each replicator is using different heater. The heater coil parameters are very important if we have no direct stimulation. Different wrap count and gap between wraps can make it much harder for the stimulation. If you imagine that you are building transformer, all replicators are building something very different with output difference of even 50% in secodary output, respectively its voltage/current ratio.

So one can achieve 1500°C with just 200W, but this is not enough for LENR. Altough I believe that higher temperature = lower stimulation power for triggering LENR.

Indeed I want to include this possibility.

There are few ways how to achieve this.
    It is likely that Rossi is using electromagnetic induction, this is why he is telling that AC is necessary.

Nickel is electrical conductor, so it is even possible, that fuel itself is enough in the tube to make it work. You only need enough power. This is from my point of view better possibility why Parkhomov reactor works.

To modify voltage/current ratio one can use coil directly in the fuel container and thus we can create transformator with air core.

Because of EM induction we actually do not need direct connection (wires) with the fuel for a stimulation. Efficiency of transformers is relatively very high.

Yes, I can mount electrodes without any problem on the ceramic tube with the fuel.
    Also I can stimulate the fuel with high voltage pulses (30kV) that will surely pass through the tube even when it is not hot enough.

My pyrometer does not needed any emmisivity adjustment during the test. It was just configured for ε of the material.

I think that if you wish, you can fake nearly anything.
    You only need to know what should be fooled and how this thing is working.
    If you know what devices will be used for the measurement, it is then pretty easy.

But we have to consider all the tests that were done from 2011. Not just the latest one. There were scientists with their own measurement tools, etc. Conclusion was always, that it just work.

I believe that there was no fake. There were few tests and demonstrations with LT e-cat and hot-cats. Lot of different setups..
    I think that scientists that watched e-cat checked everything. Nobody was able to find some kind of cheat.

If so, then Rossi risked incredibly. All in all, there are some characteristics that can't be fooled. For example LENR occurance. I am sure that in the data they have, it must be very visible when LENR started.
    It can't be something linear.

It is hard to say when we were not there in time of these tests. But those that were are clearly convinced. I do not believe that for example Focardi risks his credibility and worked on some scam together with Rossi.
    Also I dont believe that somebody like G. Levi is not clever enough to distinguish some kind of fake.
    He was present probably in all tests from 2010 and even today, he can't find one reason why it is fake.

If this is fake, then Rossi constructed good chemical battery and excess heat is just overestimated and all scientists failed totally there.

My experience is that temperature measurement from both IR and TC was pretty equal with nearly no difference along whole temp. range.
    Maybe my IR meter is using better algorithms as it is constructed for 2200°C.

I will do more tests regarding this issue.