I am using Swagelok fittings too on my tubes. I have found it to be less than easy to apply the fitting to the pipe using the SS ferrules. This is likely more related to my ineptitude handling this equipment, than it is the fault of the fitting.To date I have not been able to get my (rather crude, 1-250bar) transducer to present data that seem indicating that the pressure is holding. I have also received a few aluminum ferrules, but being as it is with the melting point for that element, they seem more appropriate to apply a bit away form the hot spot of the reactor, where I attach the transducer. In the other end I have a fitting with a SS ferrule, a stop plug with a TC and ceramic paste plugging it the TC pass through.
At any rate, just my 25 cent worth:
Be very careful when mounting the fitting on the ceramic tube, and by all means, get a small stock of ferrules, aluminum too, if applicable. You may need to reuse the fitting a few times. With that said, I like the Swagelok products, and will continue to use them. Just a matter of getting used to applying it and to not force the wrench too hard, while following the guidelines of mounting ....
FreethinkerLenr2, I'm glad you are progressing.
I just noticed that you are replicating too, may be because your updates are scattered everywhere in your comments. I recommend that you also start a new thread about your work, so we can keep track of it in one place. This way more people can read and assist you. Add a lot of pictures.