Why Cherokee changed its tune?

• Axil, you are derailing the discussion here with ad homs and insults.

Anyway the "new developments" on the LENR scene are what Josh and I were predicting (Rossi technology does not work) so really only new for you.

Unlike your posts, Mr. Cude's posts are repetitive and unoriginal. I am not criticising Cude, just his posts. Without criticism, how are we on this site to improve. You have characterized my posts as pink unicorns. Have I ever complained? I am only suggesting that Cude put more energy and originality into his posts and to come up with new objections to this revolutionary subject matter. Cude's usual fair is tiring. Conversely, you provide an ideal genotype that most sceptopaths should strive for.

• Official Post

You are grasping at straws to suggest IH's statement is equivocal. They have tried to substantiate the validity of Rossi's ecat claims and failed.

Joshua,

Darden is a lawyer. As we found out with the word *is* 18 years ago, lawyers intone more meaning in to words, than the dictionary defines. *Substantiate* is a much longer word than "is".

This is what I believe Darden mean't to convey by using the 12 letter word "substantiate" in his statement: "Rossi, you little bastard, turn over all the damn secrets, or you aren't going to get your $89 million!". Exclamation point is my artistic addition. ;)

• Shane wrote:

Darden is a lawyer. As we found out with the word *is* 18 years ago, lawyers intone more meaning in to words, than the dictionary defines. *Substantiate* is a much longer word than "is".

This is what I believe Darden mean't to convey by using the 12 letter word "substantiate" in his statement: "Rossi, you little bastard, turn over all the damn secrets, or you aren't going to get your $89 million!". Exclamation point is my artistic addition.

And like I said, you're grasping at straws if you believe that. There is no need for the secret to substantiate the claims. By the well-understood meaning of "substantiate", he is stating that he does not believe the ecat works.

That is also the only plausible explanation for all of this. If he believed it worked, there is no way he would get himself into a battle like this, risking being shut out of a trillion dollar enterprise.

• Official Post

If he believed it worked, there is no way he would get himself into a battle like this, risking being shut out of a trillion dollar enterprise.

Darden is rich enough already. He is altruistic at this point in his life. Wants to help the world, and have a place in history. Establish his legacy. Rossi may be onto something, but according to the credible rumors surfacing, that are sourced by a friend of a friend, and sometimes another friend :) , back to IH, he (Rossi) hasn't turned over ALL the goods. Doesn't want Rossi's secrets to go to the grave. Been uncooperative, and until he does, they can easily make a legal case against him and his "fanciful delusions". Piece of cake...why even I could do that.

Edit: Added a line.

• Shane wrote:

Darden is rich enough already.

No one is so rich as to squander the possibility of that kind of potential wealth.

He is altruistic at this point in his life. Wants to help the world, and have a place in history. Establish his legacy.

Nothing like wealth to purchase such things. Anyway, wealth aside, if he thinks the ecat works, his best chance of fame and legacy is with Rossi, not against him.

But he doesn't think it works. It's what the words mean.

• Official Post

Josh,

Seems you are hung up on wealth. I am not. That skews your thinking and unfetters mine. Therefore, I think I am right in this case. And I don't get the impression Darden is hung up on money either.

And if he thinks Rossi is being recalcitrant, and not willing to release his secrets to them (IH), therefore the world as they intend to do, then Darden's mission to help the world is a failure.

That is why he is against Rossi, twisting his arm so to speak, at this point. Not to make more money.

• Shane wrote:

Seems you are hung up on wealth. I am not. That skews your thinking and unfetters mine.

It's not about either of our interest in wealth. It's about Darden's, and he's an investor. His entire life is defined by investments, and that's about making money.

Anyway, I also said, apart from the wealth, his best chance at a favorable legacy if the ecat were real would be by supporting Rossi, not by fighting legal battles with him. Legal battles take time.

And if he thinks Rossi is being recalcitrant, and not willing to release his secrets to them (IH), therefore the world as they intend to do, then Darden's mission to help the world is a failure.

That is why he is against Rossi, twisting his arm so to speak, at this point. Not to make more money.

I don't buy it. Whether Rossi or Darden are motivated by money or benevolence, if the ecat were real, both would be most effectively facilitated by getting the ecat on the market, where it actual does some good. Their interests would therefore be aligned to this extent.

If Rossi claims he is delaying the disclosure of the secrets because he doesn't have a patent, and he fears competition, then that would mean he's holding out for hundreds of billions instead of billions, and $100M is not gonna change his mind. If one believes Rossi in this scenario, then the quickest way to get him disclose the secrets, were they real, would be to help him prove the ecat is real (by funding him), so he could get the patent. But Darden surely figured it out by now that Rossi could prove it's real without $90M -- indeed, without the $10M -- and get his patent, which means the lack of a patent is just an excuse for pretending there's a secret, and conning more money out of him.

Furthermore, if Darden were so eager to get the secret, he could have made the $90M contingent on the disclosure, and if he did, then why would he say what you say he's saying in such an opaque way?

I still say believers are grasping at straws in trying to make a perfectly plain statement sound equivocal.

• Thomas Clarke

Hi Thomas: You said, “Darden/Vaughn were like the Swedish scientists extremely foolish….difficult not to be foolish when offered a miracle” Here is a list of distinguished “fools” who believes in LENR:

Pons, S. and M. Fleischmann , Duncan, R., McKubre, M.C.H, Storms, E, Hagelstein, P.L, Miles, M, Swartz, M.R, Celani, Mizuno, T, Mallove, E Olafsson, S. and L. Holmlid, Zhang, H, Cook, N, Violante, V, Dominguez, D.D., P.L. Hagans, and M.A. Imam, , Mosier-Boss, P.A, Asami, T, Wayte, R, Chubb, S.R. and T.A. Chubb, Bockris, J, Buehler, D.B, Claytor, T.N., D.G. Tuggle, and S.F. Taylor, De Ninno, A., Gozzi, D, Iida, T, Ikegami, H, Kaliev, K, Kasagi, J, Nakada, M., T. Kusunoki, and M. Okamoto, Ota, K., Smedley, S.I, Srinivasan, M, Wan, C.M, Yamaguchi, E. and T. Nishioka, DeChiaro, L., L. Forsley, Tsyganov, E.N, Grimshaw, T, Grimshaw, T, Meulenberg, A., Takahashi, A., Jiang, S, Li, X.Z., Z.M. Dong, and C.L. Liang, Iwamura, Y, (a partial list)

• Thomas Clarke

Hi Thomas:
    You said, “Darden/Vaughn were like the Swedish scientists extremely foolish….difficult not to be foolish when offered a miracle”

Here is a list of distinguished “fools” who believes in LENR:
    Pons, S. and M. Fleischmann , Duncan, R., McKubre, M.C.H, Storms, E, Hagelstein, P.L, Miles, M, Swartz, M.R, Celani, Mizuno, T, Mallove, E Olafsson, S. and L. Holmlid, Zhang, H, Cook, N, Violante, V, Dominguez, D.D., P.L. Hagans, and M.A. Imam, , Mosier-Boss, P.A, Asami, T, Wayte, R, Chubb, S.R. and T.A. Chubb, Bockris, J, Buehler, D.B, Claytor, T.N., D.G. Tuggle, and S.F. Taylor, De Ninno, A., Gozzi, D, Iida, T, Ikegami, H, Kaliev, K, Kasagi, J, Nakada, M., T. Kusunoki, and M. Okamoto, Ota, K., Smedley, S.I, Srinivasan, M, Wan, C.M, Yamaguchi, E. and T. Nishioka, DeChiaro, L., L. Forsley, Tsyganov, E.N, Grimshaw, T, Grimshaw, T, Meulenberg, A., Takahashi, A., Jiang, S, Li, X.Z., Z.M. Dong, and C.L. Liang, Iwamura, Y, (a partial list)

Yes, it is difficult, is it not? Glad you agree with me. Nevertheless Josh will tell you that, to their credit, the vast majority of scientists (and of distinguished scientists) manage to face miracles without this foolishness.

• Yes, it is difficult, is it not? Glad you agree with me. Nevertheless Josh will tell you that, to their credit, the vast majority of scientists (and of distinguished scientists) manage to face miracles without this foolishness.

The vast majority of scientists have never faced a miracle/miracles.

• Official Post

Science is a system of knowledge about the essential characteristics, causal relationships and laws of nature, art, society and thinking, which is fixed in the form of concepts, categories, laws, theories and hypotheses. In science, opposed to philosophy, only survive theories that have proven themselves in the experience, or in experiment. So what you think you are doing here?

• Official Post

Note that talking to various scientists in the LENR domain, all agree that LENR is real (and many non-LENR scientist who have read literature confirm, or at least are positively uncertain), but most of them are very critical on Rossi's behaviors, and dubious on his claims.
    We all agree that all evidence shown by Rossi are not of scientific grade and we have to use indirect evidence, like the behavior of partners (you know there is blood if you see sharks).
    My own conviction, initially very dubious, moved to better because of Darden support.
    IH's move recently, raise big questions.
    The full story support the fact that E-cat exist and is producing heat, but how much.
    Anyway from IH statement, it is absolutely possible E-cat works well, but Rossi is just organizing dubious tests and hiding the recipe, thus breaking the agreement where he get the money to fund his work.

• TC - Yes, it is difficult, is it not? Glad you agree with me. Nevertheless Josh will tell you that, to their credit, the vast majority of scientists (and of distinguished scientists) manage to face miracles without this foolishness.

can you reply without referencing your alter ego? I guess we have to wait an hour or less for the bot to reply.

• Quote from Thomas Clarke: “Yes, it is difficult, is it not? Glad you agree with me. Nevertheless Josh will tell you that, to their credit, the vast majority of scientists (and of distinguished scientists) manage to face miracles without this…

Just to clarify my comment above, I would call it "facing a miracle" when you witness directly in front you, or in your own experiment, a phenomenon which, after careful examination, seems to be beyond the current knowledge of science. And that's different from facing other people's reports of these kinds of "miracles". Perhaps there's a way to manage both situations without foolishness?

• Quote from Piet

The vast majority of scientists have never faced a miracle/miracles.

True, but many have faced anomalous results that could be explained by an apparent miracle. They generally resist the temptation to proclaim a miracle and dig down into the specific anomalous experiment, adding instrumentation, until either new science is discovered, or the anomaly is explained in some mundane way. That is how science works, as I understand it. The new science could sort of be called a real miracle, but it is very rare. High temperature superconductivity perhaps. Most science is dealing with things sufficiently complex that there are no anomalies because no clear expectations to be broken.

it is confusing because anomaly can mean:
    Something that absolutely appears to break physics as we know it (LENR)
    Something that has no clear explanation, but does not obviously break physics (ball lightning)

In the case of Rossi's tests, very few scientists have supported Rossi. You'd expect them to be interested, even if they thought there was a half chance. If his effect is real then there is a Nobel prize waiting for the first scientist that can demonstrate it clearly, and another one for a decent mechanism.

I do declare, I think we are dealing with ai bots on this message board.

Not sure who is in charge of this message board, but do you see what is happening here?

LOL. Deacon - are you claiming to be an AI bot? you are making the sort of generic non-specific comments that could maybe be programmed?

But I agree the thread has gone off-topic. Shall we all agree to stop the diversion - entertaining though it is?

:)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.