The Playground

• It doesn't matter that much whether or not Sifferkoll used Thomas' registration e-mail to look for info (though it would make things worse).

It also doesn't matter whether or not Thomas' info is easily accessible on Google.

It doesn't even matter that Thomas was using his real name (sounds like victim blaming)

Thomas didn't want his personal information to be posted here. There is a small chance that doing so carries negative consequences to his private life.

I see this as a form a bullying/harassment and the owners of this forum are complicit.

Legally this is also a grey area.

• @skifferoll
    Well, that is a risk I'm taking I guess; win some, lose some...

I have a few observations though;Firstly I did not post Thomas email, which seems to be the general spin.

-------------------------------------------------------
    You are not losing some, you are discrediting your blog. You took something that was meant to be professionally handled and used it to lay waste to a person that had scientifically verifiable facts that were backed up and just well went over the line. But it gets better. You can see people that "like" your posts go gutteral. Even MY did not do this.

I asked you to take a step back. And take a look. If you have people that agree with your point is one thing. You need to consider other points of view different than yours. Your blog had a voice in the LENR community. Why waste it?

• Dewey-
    Why do I get the feeling that after building a fire that you are just in some sort of glee after it started burning down things?
    Skifferoll- Why do I get the feeling that after building a fire that you are just in some sort of glee after it started burning down things?

How about this. State a fact on the LENR technology, then follow up with a url or reference?
    Then go about your Rossi business....

• Robert Bryant-
    Alas I can not read this pdf right now. I will have to wait to respond. Is there more info than the pdf you want to say? I dont get the Kidwell reference.
    And I want to thank you for some science in the post! I am trying to learn here. Thanks! The url looks interesting and is somewhat recent (2015).
    This is current news.

• Rigel said "Alas I can not read this pdf right now."

This Iwamura transmutation project has been continuing for 8 years or more.
    Strong evidence with many data points for transmutation of Cesium to Praseodymium, using deuterium and layers of CaO.
    Not aimed at energy production but Cesium-137 destruction

Latest paper suggests Iwamura is farming out his initial studies to others... therefore is working with more finance.

Many forum users will know of Kidwell from the USNavy attempting to discredit Iwamura.
    However military intelligence is an oxymoron.
    http://newenergytimes.com/v2/n…0/35/SR35905nrl2009.shtml
    Thankfully USNavy has ceased LENR "research". Kidwell may have retired to a playground... but he may be on this forum.

• Thankfully USNavy has ceased LENR "research". Kidwell may have retired to a playground... but he may be on this forum.

David Kidwell is a capable researcher. If by policy of the Navy he is not able to pursue any interest he may have in LENR, this is to everyone's detriment. The story that he is attempting to discredit Iwamura misses the mark.

• Eric Walker said "David Kidwell is a capable researcher".
    Kia Ora Eric

Kidwell may be capable.. but surreptitiously taking samples in a lab is unethical and the height of arrogance
    .. but then the NRL
    is on a mission in the defense of the United States.

If you examine the website of NRL you will find

"Here, in an environment where the nation’s best scientists and engineers are inspired to pursue their passion, everyone is focused on research that yields immediate and long-range applications in the defense of the United States."

There is a hell of a lot or a lot of hell that can be justified "in the defense of the United States"

Needless to say the cooperation between MHI and NRL has finished.

Judging from the privileged position of a relatively non-nuclear and non-military south Pacific
    the exit of the NRL from LENR is a healthy sign..
    . but MHI still remains.
    As we say in my mother tongue: Ma te wa ka kitea. Time will tell.

• Kidwell may be capable.. but surreptitiously taking samples in a lab is unethical and the height of arrogance .. but then the NRL is on a mission in the defense of the United States.

Kidwell did not surreptitiously take samples. He asked for permission to take "environmental swipes," on short notice. Iwamura accommodated his request. This is what Krivit says, quoting Iwamura:

"To my great surprise," Iwamura wrote, "on the 19th, Kidwell suddenly requested permission from me to perform environmental swipes. Making swipes was not part of our plan, but I permitted him to perform an environmental survey as I have confidence that our lab is clean. Kidwell wiped everywhere and took the swipe papers.

Was this a justified step on the part of Kidwell? Iwamura says that after the swipes were taken and Kidwell et al. had them analyzed, praseodymium was found. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries had a similar analysis carried out, finding praseodymium contamination on the balance. Again, from Krivit:

After Mitsubishi heard that Kidwell had found praseodymium in the inner wall of its balance, Mitsubishi also performed swipes and sent them out for analysis in Japan. They, too, came back positive. Mitsubishi promptly removed the contaminated balance from its clean room and brought in a new one.

Does this situation impugn all of the results of Iwamura et al.? I seriously doubt it. This is largely a civil academic debate between the NRL team and the MHI team. It is science as usual, and it seems healthy. Does this sequence of events impugn Kidwell's behavior? Not in the slightest. It is one example of why we need more people like him looking into LENR findings. Even after this specific discovery, I remain optimistic that Iwamura and coworkers are actually seeing something interesting.

According to Krivit, the replication effort was largely funded under DARPA. These are the guys who funded research into ARPANET and who put a lot of money in blue sky research.

• Since the past usually is preview, the Defkalion situation is preview to what IH is currently coping with.

Why was Defkalion so roundly hated by most all opinion makers and IH is so well defended by so many. Defkalion made an attempt to produce a product and IH shows not sign of doing so.

I will follow with interest in the upcoming days in how IH avoids following the downward PR path that Defkalion took since the initial conditions of their Rossi breakup are identically the same; even the money amounts are the same.

The drive to produce product is what defines the worth of a LENR company. If a company cannot produce a LENR product, it is a eunuch incapable of growth or productivity. IMHO, Defkalion was good in this respect. They tried. IH does not seem to want to or is not able to generate a LENR product. If fact, IH defence against Rossi in this latest brouhaha is that they claim to be unable to produce produce, the flow of money to and fro notwithstanding.

• Quote from "Rigel"

You are not losing some, you are discrediting your blog. You took something that was meant to be professionally handled and used it to lay waste to a person that had scientifically verifiable facts that were backed up and just well went over the line. But it gets better. You can see people that "like" your posts go gutteral. Even MY did not do this.I asked you to take a step back. And take a look. If you have people that agree with your point is one thing. You need to consider other points of view different than yours. Your blog had a voice in the LENR community. Why waste it?

Ok. I can see your point. I however still think it was relevant information for those other people reading Thomas posts to know his background, since he was merely semi-anonymous to begin with.

What I find most interesting though is the fact that when someone posted the exact same link on ECN (where he has also been very active, but with another not-so-scientific persona) Thomas hardly noticed and certainly did not go ballistic ... Explain that instead!

Hint: I get the feeling that this story is blown up bacause of the messenger, not the message ... And that actually has to do with my blog being relevant ... not the other way around.

• skiffroll-
    I did see the link on ECN. I also saw TC on several blogs going back to 2011 on the e-cat. He has been around for years. Not a newcomer. IMO his Lugano paper gave away his background as much as his homepage did. It was well researched. Yes it had points that are in contention, but a piece of good work overall. He will be back, I would bet he is reading some of this.

• Looks like this 'upsetting' of sifferkoll putting up Thomas Clarks e-mail addres and homepage keeps boiling.

- I would have not put up link TC:s personal data like sifferkoll did
    - I would have not used so harsh and direct language sifferkoll did, since it doesn't add weight on your words (many here have been guilty on that also)
    - sifferkoll has done quite a lot of investuigation and speculation in his site which, even not always spot on, is good additional point of view in big picture.
    - TC is many times referenced here as knowledgeable and honest person. I mostly agree, but he seemingly had hidden agenda also and that somewhat neutralises value of his contribution, so it is good to re-check his claims and calculations.
    - Same CV-data has been public many times already as we seen, only now people here want to circle around this topic. Do you guys again have 'campaign' ongoing? Lets browse back who 'got upset by purpose' and who were just innocently dragged on because they agree and more interestingly who want to keep that same discussion going on and on.
    - @Moderators: Some want to close playground thread, but it should be clear to everyone by now that this is much more everything else than scientific question.

I want to again remind all readers. Stakes are high on LENR in all sides and everything you read should be filtered through that 'fact' - maybe only fact we can agree on here.

PS: I have a dream that when all dust has settled and finally real truth has pulled itself to surface, we could be joining in 'LENR class reunion' in Matts seminar with avatar tag stickers in our collar. Patting each other on shoulders around beer table, since I think we are in same LENR fanatics side at the end :)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.