Industrial Heat Files Motion to Dismiss Rossi Lawsuit

• Shane D - As I've stated before, I don't know everything and, as a human being, make mistakes and don't expect that to end in this lifetime.

Regarding the Penon test you reference, that doesn't sound familiar based on the way you described the test in your question. Do you have some more details that you can share on that test?

Regarding Rossi's declaration of a hand-off in IP - a most definite head turning eye opener of a stretch when he said it. At the time, we figured that Rossi liked speaking in half-truths mainly to "throw off the competition". Live and learn.

• Official Post

Good grief. Oy veh. Where do you people come up with this kind of stuff? Who told you that? I have not been to the Clean Planet facility.

Haha- that's so out of date. I visit Japan maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I get that kind of information from a senior member of the Abe government. A cabinet minister who is also a personal friend - and I know Takahashi. That good enough for you?

ETA. $20M state support in 2015, $30M in 2016, plus contributions from Toyota, Mitsubishi et al. Some sparrow!

Oy Veh? I didnt know you were Jewish.

• Frankwtu said

"Play along with Rossi' with whose money? For what reason? Was this 'due process'?"

Frank, IH is an early stage VC fund in a risky field. They make their investments as best as they can. Looks like they lost one (Rossi). Early stage VCs expect to lose everything on 7 out of 10 investments, and to take 5 to 7 years to realize the gain or loss. Without this, there would be no Facebook, Apple, or Google. They are the long term successes. The failures outnumber them at least 5 to 1 even at the best VCs.

There is no due process of VC investment. It is not a court of law. They are playing with the unknown trying to balance risk vs. potential return. They use their judgement. Any investor in a VC knows this. It's VC-101.

• Hey Abd, no worries. I thought you were a rambling old scientist, but you're just an internet nutjob, that's cool.

Seriously all you guys whose work it is or not are brilliant, simply reading you convinces me of the reality of the Rossi effect

• AND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:
    The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech: for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation, and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us. This event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly. This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees. It is very important that it has been completely made by the Customer, not by me: it is the first of millions, but the first is always special. We celebrated with Coca Cola ( alcohol is forbidden in that factory). All the former plants, even if built in the USA, had been supplied with reactors cores made by me, so this is a very important step.

• Peter - well I guess that settles it. Rossi transferred the IP and all the ecat reactors that he had previously built and sold, even those made in the USA, were made by him and worked. There are so many working ecats out there because of Rossi's secret massive success that global warming is actually caused by ecat heat pollution. Thanks for helping us get that straightened out.

If anyone sees Thomas - please tell him hello and that I was able to get an answer for him on his steam trap question. The 1MW system left Raleigh with an installed steam trap that was removed by Rossi in Miami before the system was started.

• Abd,

No, that is not what I claimed. In fact I made no claim at all. I simply asked Dewey to comment on another disparity between the two sides accounts, and until this is definitively resolved, there are two sides to the story. You agree?

I did go back and reread your original comment, Shane, and it still seems to be what I thought, but since you now assert you were not making any claim, that's done. There are not just two sides to a story, there are an infinite number of possible stories, that is, interpretations, but only one reality, which is never fully expressed in any story. Enjoy.

• I'm trying to parse this, from July 8, 2013, with what else we have from Rossi

AND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:
    The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech: for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation,

So, from this, all IP necessary to make an E-Cat module was transferred (which the Agreement required).

and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us.

Ah, inconclusive?

this event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly. This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees.

What factory and what USA Partner?

It is very important that it has been completely made by the Customer, not by me: it is the first of millions, but the first is always special. We celebrated with Coca Cola ( alcohol is forbidden in that factory). All the former plants, even if built in the USA, had been supplied with reactors cores made by me, so this is a very important step.

This would indeed be a milestone. the "reactor core" would be the fuel module, I'd think, containing the catalyst and fuel.

From the Complaint, "in or around August 2013, the E-Cat Unit was delivered from Fererra, Italy to IH at its facility in Raleigh, North Carolina." So what he was talking about being made in the blog post was likely not what was delivered to IH. And this entire exchange might not be about IH. So ... here are the "USA Partner, there is the "factory of the USA Partner," to be supplied with energy, there are "former plants built in the USA," and there is the Customer. Are these all the same? I would not think of a partner as a customer. Partners in business serve customers, by providing them with goods and services.

In any case, this is not at all a confirmation that IH made a device that was fully functional. It's not completely clear that this about IH, though that is certainly a possible interpretation.

• AND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:
    The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech: for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely…

It blows my mind that this was posted by Rossi mid 2013, yet IH, not having figured out how to make their own e-cat work, went on with the 1 year test starting in early 2015! Knowing that Rossi would try to collect $89 million at the end.

How does that happen?

Rossi claimed, as early as mid-2013, that the IP transfer part of the contract was done. Yet you just kept things going for 3 years without having anything work?

Potentially you tried to get help from Rossi between 2013 and 2015 and didn't get anything to work. How do you even go forward with the test in that situation?

IIRC, Rossi "delivered" the 1MW plant well in advance of the test (given that it was delayed so much). How do you not test the plant during those months that took Rossi to come up with a "client"?

The ERV (Penon) did a first test, that apparently you didn't believe in (because you didn't substantiate Rossi's IP). How do you get into a $89 million test? If Penon gave you a false positive once, why do you start the big test with him?

Two options:

1) You were fooled by Rossi for 3+ years and didn't do anything about all the red flags that came up
    2) The "not substantiate" thing is a lie

• Official Post

Dewey,

Sigh. So many involved in this story, yet not "really":

"Rossi and IH entered an agreement in October 2012 (as I also report in An Impossible Invention), on which Rossi was paid $1.5M.

A 24h Validation Test was performed in May 2013 with a plant consisting of 30 E-Cats. After successful completion Rossi was paid $10M, and he transferred all the necessary IP for the E-Cat and its fuel to IH."

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax said
    "In any case, this is not at all a confirmation that IH made a device that was fully functional. It's not completely clear that this about IH, though that is certainly a possible interpretation."

Now some have represented Rossi as a planet but I posit the concept of the "Zitterbewegung Rossi".
    Unfortunately according to a recent paper about the Zitterbewegung if you are an inertial or constantly accelerating observer you won't be able to observe the Zitterbewegung.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1508.06322

Thankyou for this brave attempt to analyse the Zitterbewegung, but we may need to move to an" analogue curved spacetime" to do this. :)

• and I know Takahashi. That good enough for you?

ETA. $20M state support in 2015, $30M in 2016, plus contributions from Toyota, Mitsubishi et al. Some sparrow!

Where is this information published, in English or Japanese? I have been in regular contact with people in Japan editing and translating papers, and I read Japan Cold Fusion Society papers. This has not come up. I doubt there are millions of dollars going to researchers but none of them are talking about it.

Government expenditures of this nature have to be published. Where was this published? What Ministry and Department allocated this money?

I should add that I saw a government proposal to do this some years ago, and a proposed application form, but nothing came of it as far as I know.

• Quote from Alan Smith: “and I know Takahashi. That good enough for you?

ETA. $20M state support in 2015, $30M in 2016, plus contributions from Toyota, Mitsubishi et al. Some sparrow!”
    Where is this information published, in English or Japanese? I…

Jed,
    Here is a link for you which indicates a $27M budget for 2015: http://news.newenergytimes.net…fund-lenr-research-again/
    I notice that Akito Takahashi is also mentioned.

• Official Post

Akito Takahashi is effectively CEO of Clean Planet. I assume the extra $7M on top of the $20m I mentioned in 2015 is a contribution from Industry. It was suggested at the time that 'if they need more money they can have it'. Since I (sadly) don't read Japanese my sources are conversations with the people who hand out the money, but when Krivit supports you, you must be right. ;)

ETA...

asia.nikkei.com/magazine/20150702-ASIA-S-STARTUPS-SWITCHED-ON/Tech-Science/Cold-fusion-A-solution-for-radioactive-waste?page=1/

• Abd, with all the respect on your earlier endeavors, but lets keep focused for a while:
    - Mr Weaver is not any higher on rank than Mr Rossi what comes to trustworthy of statements at this point. They both have history in these forums to trying to mislead followers and competition and both caught enough many times so that is proven well enough.
    - IH was never got E-cats producing any extra heat, but played along for a while knowing Rossi had nothing? Why then IH didn't accept license bayback offer Rossi gave them? Why IH still using uttermost care avoids hinting that they would be ready to give license back (they would get 10m$ cash to heal their wounds).
    - Why so intensively digging old Lugano and other tests already months by Thomas, You and many others here. Why even knowing that those had their flaws (but also could be genuine). Why bother writing walls of text if they could get their money back by handing license back to Mr Rossi.
    - Why downplaying additionally whole LENR research by you and Jed if IH refuses to give up on license? Just because they have raised money form investors based on their License and other Rossi IP?
    -Why continuing with these walls of text with really few proven facts, knowing Rossis case will get solved in, and by, court anyway pretty soon and documents becomes public for all eyes to read.

I merely would wait and see real events and real documents than text flood losing all other exchange here, especially after you revealed your position on this case by grounding your claims by missing signature of AEG whereas Rossis own signature was in previous line (no matter would he have had authorization to sign for AEG also at that time). Fully objective scientist would newer use those 'facts' to support their claims, since intention was clear in paper and IH never complained about the change.

I'm not saying does Rossi have 'it' or not or how much of 'it', but prejudging is not last word on 'it' any way.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.