Peter Gluck, Blogger-Advocate for Rossi Technology

• so far, Gluck has not acknowledged the problem of pump location -- that I've seen.

He complained to me that I have be wrong about the position. He said the meter cannot be in the return pipe. He said it has to be between the pump and the reactor. I don't know why he thinks it has to be there, but that's what he said.

It cannot be between the reactor and the heat exchanger. The temperatures are too high and the fluid is supposedly steam, so it wouldn't work.

Rossi's only public comment about the position was that it is in the "lowest point in the room." That's not true, as witnesses could tell by looking.

Gluck continues to insist that no pipe can be half full. Perhaps he means this must be an airtight, pressurized system, like a hot water radiator. It isn't. It doesn't have to be, either. A system open to the atmosphere is fine, as long as you put the flow meter in a U or in a pressurized section.

• This feud that has developed between Peter, Lomax and Jed looks alot like what Jo Jo Jaro did to Lomax on the Vortex site. Jo Jo was intent on giving Lomax a stoke by hitting on Lomax's hot buttons until both Lomax and Jo Jo were expelled from Vorex. If Rossi has nothing, than he will eventually go away. Just let Peter beleive in what he wants to beleive in if that makes him happy. Rossi will loss his case, IH will go their own way, your friends will proper, and Peter will be happy. Why destroy everything that Peter believes in? Jo Jo did not destroy the religious beliefs of Lomax, why do this thing to Peter. What is the Reason?

• An excellent idea, and actually I have asked Abd to ignore me.

Jed can do the same after acknowledging that Murray's his idea re half full pipes is absurd and false i.e. retracting it.

He now still nsists that the flowmeter was placed between the condenser and the reservoir of warm water;but this is both impossible and senseless.
    Impossible because the flowmeter does NOT WORK THERE,
    it needs a minimum pressure of 3 barr to function, or a water column of 30 meters this placement is EXCLUDED!

Senseless because it measures nothing relevant- water flows in the reservoir and in the same time out of it taken by the pump to the generators feeding them.
    And this flow, after the pump has to measured; flow from the pump multiplied by enthalpy difference gives the heat produced.
    (Just for your info, if you accept the thermal data 20KW means 31 kgs of water per hour. (`50 times less than the real data according to the leaked 10 month averaged ERV Report)

Jed if you have indeed the Diagram and the Report, can yoiu tell"
    a) what is the volume of the reservoir, cubic medters?
    b) The working temperatures of the E-Cat core surface temperatures?
    If nt- you don't know, or cannot tell, OK, no problem.

It is simply insane to insist with this idea, please!

And after retracting let's cease any critics andhostile communication, the Trial is evolving on the regular way.
    Che sera, sera!

Peter

• Impossible because the flowmeter does NOT WORK THERE,
    it needs a minimum pressure of 3 barr to function, or a water column of 30 meters this placement is EXCLUDED!

That is a good point. That may be another reason the flow meter malfunctioned. Thank you for revealing that. However, I think there was enough pressure, or there could have been with proper plumbing. In any case, that is where Rossi said it is located. If you think that is a bad location, you should discuss the problems with him, not me. I didn't put it there.

Since the pipe is half full, and draining, you are quite right that the pressure is probably too low, but that could be fixed.

There are other problems with the meter which have not been revealed by I.H. or Rossi, so I cannot discuss them.

Jed if you have indeed the Diagram and the Report, can yoiu tell"
    a) what is the volume of the reservoir, cubic medters?
    b) The working temperatures of the E-Cat core surface temperatures?
    If nt- you don't know, or cannot tell, OK, no problem.

I am sorry, but I cannot reveal any information that has not already been disclosed by Rossi or I.H. That's what I agreed to. The location of the flow meter was revealed by I.H. indirectly in Exhibit 5, when they said the pipe was half full. There is only one place in the circuit that fits that description, so I felt I could confirm that. As I did, many times.

There is quite a lot of information revealed in Exhibit 5. You do not believe that information, but you should. Rossi's lawyers have not disputed any of the claims in the Exhibit. I.H. would not submit lies, because they might lose and have to pay hundreds of millions of dollars. Everything in Exhibit 5 is correct, and if you read it carefully, you will learn a great deal about the system and the calorimetry, such as the location of the flow meter.

• He now still nsists that the flowmeter was placed between the condenser and the reservoir of warm water;but this is both impossible and senseless.
    Impossible because the flowmeter does NOT WORK THERE,

Capital letters and exclamation points. Sounds reasonable, if 3 bar minimum is needed. Is it? That figure is awfully high and makes no sense to me. So, of course, I check.
    http://www.apator.com/uploads/…N-G/en-00045-2011-mwn.pdf
    It will be appreciated if someone will nail this, because the exact pump (from Exhibit 5) is MWN130-80-NC, and I'm not finding that exact model in the Aptator catalog. However, for the series:

Working pressure range (bar) from 0,3 to 16.
    Max pressure lost (kPa) ΔP16=(0,16bar)

I am not sure if "working pressure" is bar or barG. We assume that the meter is to be read in a 1 bar atmosphere. Would the meter work if the pressure in the system is below atmospheric? I don't see why not, so I read this as absolute bar, as written. Peter is incorrect.

Senseless because it measures nothing relevant- water flows in the reservoir and in the same time out of it taken by the pump to the generators feeding them.

"Senseless" means crazy. Rossi could not be a fraud because he'd have to be crazy. Therefore Rossi is genuine.

That the placement could be crazy is not a proof that the meter was not placed that way.

However, Jed has pointed out that if the meter were placed such that the pipe is full, it would work. The meter would then show the water flow from the condenser to the reservoir. If that is water without steam, and if there are no leaks -- or other inflow -- this water flow should match the water flow (as steam, perhaps) out of the reactor, which should be the same as the water flow into the reactor.

And this flow, after the pump has to measured; flow from the pump multiplied by enthalpy difference gives the heat produced.

It is technically true that a meter placed as Jed suggests is not measuring the flow from the pump. However, any difference would be transient, unless there are inflows or outflows from the system.

The problem is exactly as Jed has outlined: it is possible for a flow meter placed in that line to have a pipe partly full. As far as I can see, this depends on details that are not completely clear. What is the exact placement of the reservoir? How does the return flow line add water to the reservoir?

It looks to me as if the reservoir may create pressure in the return line, unless that line is elevated and water pours into the reservoir. This is in addition to back pressure from the flow meter. This pressure would communicate back to the reactor outlet steam line, and would elevate the boiling point of water there. it gets complicated. Full analysis of this system is not possible without much detail that is missing.

Relying on a single measure is dangerous. This was not a Guaranteed Performance Test, but if it were, I would want to see multiple independent measures. I'd have the reactor -- and the rest of the system -- heavily instrumented, with data recorded.

The largest difficulty is in measuring outflow from the reactor, because this can be mixed water and steam. Rossi assumes dry steam. Confirming that is not as simple as Rossi has claimed. Pressure must be known and temperature must be from sensors that are reliable and placed such that there is no interference from direct heat sources. Again, I'l probably want multiple sensors. Measures would need to be taken to verify the absence of liquid water underneath the steam. Liquid water will survive much longer than the tiny water droplets in "wet steam," because the heat transfer from steam to water below is not rapid.

To me, the issue is not "pipe full" or "pipe partly full." It is that the operational details of the plant measures were not consensual between engineers. It is that Rossi excluded the IH engineer way back in July 2015, and he was not able to examine the system until the "test" was over. When he examined the system, he had questions that were then ignored.

Peter has rejected the questions, saying it was understandable that Penon would not reply to such ridiculous questions. If Penon thinks like Gluck, that could be so. And it would show Penon's lack of qualifications as a consulting engineer. That is no way to treat a client.

• Jed:

1) the poor flowmeter has worked, according to your pet Exhibit its 10 months mean value was 1398 kg/hour; at too low pressure it does not misread it simply says nothing;

2) Rossi has never ever told the flowmeter was between the condenser and the reservoir he a;ways told it was at the bottom at the imaginary U at the lowest point and after the pump Can you document what you said? If not than you or lied or do not control your thinking, excuse me for the sincerity.

You do not care much for the most elementary principles of engineering an, for logic and common sense. You act as a mental robot having the task to demonstrate that the pipes were half full.
    I see you as a victim.
    peter

3) What could be the use of he flow data to the reservoir? Here is obvious you do not think prgmtically.

• 2) Rossi has never ever told the flowmeter was between the condenser and the reservoir he a;ways told it was at the bottom at the imaginary U at the lowest point and after the pump Can you document what you said? If not than you or lied or do not control your thinking, excuse me for the sincerity.

I did document what I said. It came from a diagram provided to me by Rossi. You don't believe it, but that is where it came from.

If I were to upload the diagram, you would say I drew it myself and it is fake, so there is nothing more I can do to convince you.

You do not care much for the most elementary principles of engineering an, for logic and common sense.

Rossi put the meter there! Not me! You need to talk to him about it.

By the way, I said the pressure problem is easily fixed. I meant that Rossi should install a U for the flow meter, and downstream from that he should install a pressure gauge and a valve. Turn the valve to restrict the flow a little, and when pressure rises enough for the flow meter (according to spec), everything should work. An extra pressure gauge would be good to have in any case. They are cheap.

3) What could be the use of he flow data to the reservoir? Here is obvious you do not think prgmtically.

The flow rate is the same at every point in the circuit. No water is gained or lost. As long as the meter works correctly, you will get the same answer, and the right answer, whether you measure the flow just before it goes into the reservoir or just as it comes out.

So asking "what could be the use" makes no sense.

• Jed,
    just show the diagram and do not anticipate. With this cheap trick you shoot yoursel in the foot. Do you want to look as a lier?
    On the website JONP of Rossi he says the flowmeter as between the pump and the E-Cats and there is its place unique.

SDorry butyou say something very stupid-The flow rate is the same at every point in the circuit- no, brother thenwhy is the Reservoir for? It is a normal buffer between incoming and outgoing flow, it alows changes as between days with 1MW and 0.75MW or say when you hve to repair the pump.
    I start thinking about proverbs with cobblers.

Waiting for the diagram and promise to not comment it only privately- word of honor.

peter

• Hi Peter,
    Why do you continue discussing with them? just ignore them because these guys are either insane or paid to influence us. Any normal person would just say once what he thinks is the truth and after that keep his mouth shut, but these guys don't, they just continue endlessly.
    Just ignore them and spend time on the very interesting revelations of Bob Greenyer MFMP in the Doppelgänger video. I am sure the catalyst ideas he spoke about must have triggered many thoughts in your 'chemical trained' brains. I would love to hear your opinion about his presentation in your blog, thanks!
    Gerard

• The flow rate is the same at every point in the circuit. No water is gained or lost. As long as the meter works correctly, you will get the same answer, and the right answer, whether you measure the flow just before it goes into the reservoir or just as it comes out.

What I wrote and what Peter ignored. Maybe he isn't reading me any more. I only add the assumption made in this (above it is stated as a fact, not as an assumption): that no water is added or removed. There are possible fraud modes that could violate this. I will give one below.

So asking "what could be the use" makes no sense.

The sequence above demonstrates the uselessness of discussion with Peter over this; it requires no explanation. Because he is a public figure, due to his blog, I am not blocking him. He could recover, but I don't expect it.

The possible fraud mode I thought of would actually be difficult, because of the meter. But here it is: a water line is hidden within the pipes. It returns water from after the meter back to the customer area, where there is a pump, recirculating this water.This will then inflate the meter readings. The difficulty would be getting that return flow pipe though the flow meter, or around it. Around it, it would be visible. Through it would require modifying the flow meter.

Another possible fraud mode, feeding steam into the return system, which could be done in various ways. Some would allow the measured temperature of the water to be low.

The point here is not to claim that this was done. I do not know what was done in Doral, other than what is public knowledge. (And much of that is actually not solidly established).

I have stated, beginning in 2011, that human ingenuity is endless. Any test can be faked, given fraudulent control. What is far, far more difficult to fake is true independent testing. This is why science requires independent confirmation.

Most science operates on assumptions of good faith. Fraud is not ordinarily on the table. Error, sure, it happens all the time. However, commercial LENR enters a different realm. Applying the customs of assuming good faith in this different realm is dangerous. Independent confirmation becomes far more important.

• I am thankful to Gerad for his wise advise, why should I continue to discuss with people who have diffrent standards of truth than me?
    Rossi never gave a diagram to Jed and the flow is not the same in the whole circuit- the reservoir is a buffer. And you are unable to understand its role.
    So good-bye Jed and Abd you will be ignored by me from now Be happy with your IH stories, exhibits, pseudo-wisdom and your wish to dominate.
    Peter

• On the website JONP of Rossi he says the flowmeter as between the pump and the E-Cats and there is its place unique.

Rossi says. Rossi also changes what he says. Rossi might also put out a misleading system diagram at some time. Which description is true? How would we know?

SDorry butyou say something very stupid-The flow rate is the same at every point in the circuit- no, brother thenwhy is the Reservoir for? It is a normal buffer between incoming and outgoing flow, it alows changes as between days with 1MW and 0.75MW or say when you hve to repair the pump.

I stated it a bit more precisely. Deviation from what Jed said would be transient. If "Jed's placement" is true, and if the flow meter were fully immersed, it would be measuring outflow from the reactor, which should match inflow. It is simply measuring it after any steam has been condensed. If the pump rate changes, as with lowering power output while maintaining COP, water going into the reactor will go down, water coming out as steam and any possible liquid flow out will go down, and water through the flow meter will go down.

Water can be added to the reservoir to replace evaporation with no change of inflow to the reactors or outflow from the condenser. The "circuit" is the line from the reservoir to the pump to the reactors to the condenser to the reservoir, not including the reservoir itself, which is not sealed. The reservoir also insures water is available even if there is loss or leakage.

As Jed wrote, the flow meter could be placed anywhere in that circuit except for the part of the line from the reactors to the condenser, because the flow meter cannot measure steam (if there is steam, it will over-count water flow).

I wrote that deviation from this identity would be transient, it would represent pressure changes in the system.

That Peter apparently cannot understand this and keeps inventing reasons why it is not merely incorrect or misleading, it is "stupid" and possibly lying, is diagnostic of what is happening.

• Rossi never gave a diagram to Jed and the flow is not the same in the whole circuit- the reservoir is a buffer.

It does not flow in the reservoir, if that is what you mean. In the circuit, the flow rate is the same at every point. Obviously. How could it be different?

And you are unable to understand its role.

The role of the reservoir is to reduce the water bill. Without the reservoir, you would have to use a flow of tap water, which would be expensive. With the reservoir you use the same water again and again. That's all there is to it.

It is a normal buffer between incoming and outgoing flow, it alows changes as between days with 1MW and 0.75MW or say when you hve to repair the pump.

No, it is not a buffer. The water level does not change. The reservoir is small, and it was pretty full. There is no difference between the incoming and outgoing flow. The water goes out and comes back in a few minutes later. It is not diverted or held anywhere in the system. The loop does not hold much, and no water is taken out of the loop.

The data shows that the flow rate does not change from to day, even when Rossi reported the power was lower. As noted in Exhibit 5, this is impossible. However, this is what Rossi said. He also reported that the machine produced 1 MW on days when he said it was turned off, which is remarkable performance.

• So You admit JED's trust into Rossi's measurements is wrong???

I do not trust Rossi's measurements. I am sure some of them are fake. The pressure cannot be 0.0 bar, and the flow rate cannot be exactly the same every day for weeks. These problems are described in Exhibit 5. I noted these problems before seeing Exhibit 5, and I concur.

I am sure other measurements are wrong. For example, the actual flow rate is much lower than Rossi's figures show, because the pipe was half empty.

Rossi's measurements add up to 1 MW of heat being released. That is impossible. It would kill everyone in the warehouse. So the measurements have to be wrong.

• Rossi never gave a diagram to Jed

Did he give one to you? If he didn't, how do you know I am lying?

You are accusing me of lying here. This proves what I said before: There is nothing I can do or say to convince you. If I were to upload Rossi's schematic, you would say it is fake, and I drew it myself. Anything I say you will discount as a lie. Since you will not accept any form of proof from me, I suggest you stop asking for proof. Ask Rossi instead. You only believe information that he gives you, even when it is impossible. For example, you believe his lawyer's company has a process that endothermically swallows up 1 MW of heat continuously for weeks in a small area.

• Rossi says. Rossi also changes what he says. Rossi might also put out a misleading system diagram at some time. Which description is true?

Either position would work fine if you take precautions and test the flow meter to be sure it is working. There is no reason for Rossi to lie or deny that he put it on the return line. BUT he put it there without precautions or the right kind of plumbing, so it did not work. Observers saw it was not working. I suppose he might have put it between the pumps and the reactor in some way that produced the wrong answer. You can always do things wrong.

As a practical matter, I would recommend putting in two or three extra flow meters and pressure gauges. Float type flow meters cost $30 each:

https://www.dwyer-inst.com/Pro…ers/VariableArea/SeriesVF

If "Jed's placement" is true, and if the flow meter were fully immersed, it would be measuring outflow from the reactor, which should match inflow.

If it doesn't match, the meter is wrong. As I said, a float flow meter will tell you this. Or measuring the flow with a bucket and stopwatch.

• SDorry butyou say something very stupid-The flow rate is the same at every point in the circuit- no, brother thenwhy is the Reservoir for? It is a normal buffer between incoming and outgoing flow, it alows changes as between days with 1MW and 0.75MW or say when you hve to repair the pump.

Not only is that incorrect, but the function would be pointless. There would be no need to buffer the water, because:

1. The same amount of water fits in the reservoir and pipes no matter what the flow rate is. There is not "extra" water when the heat increases or decreases; the reservoir just gets warmer.

2. If there is extra water because they are repairing the pump, they would just flush the extra water down the drain. It's just water. There is no need to keep it in the reservoir.

Without the reservoir they would need a constant flow of tap water all day long. That would be a lot of water, and it would cost a lot of money. However, if they just need to drain the pipes every few weeks, that takes very little water. The only reason they have a reservoir is to reduce water consumption.

• Without the reservoir they would need a constant flow of tap water all day long. That would be a lot of water, and it would cost a lot of money. However, if they just need to drain the pipes every few weeks, that takes very little water. The only reason they have a reservoir is to reduce water consumption.

Right. If it were needed, there could be a float valve in the reservoir to automatically add tap water when the level declines below the float valve setting. This system will lose water by evaporation from the warm water in the reservoir. However, simply enough to just check the level and add water. I'm not sure it would be worth the effort to put in a float valve. This would be done with an actual power installation, to reduce maintenance labor.

(If one is concerned about flooding from float valve failure or from leaks elsewhere in the system, then the float valve would add water from an elevated additional reservoir, which would be manually filled and would also be alarmed if it runs out of water. That is, it would have a float valve, but which operates a switch, and may also open the normal float valve to the system, but with an extra manual valve left closed.) Flooding would then be limited.

This brings us to another reason why the "GPT" was so crazy. If it requires Rossi to be there nearly all the time, it's clear that the technology isn't ready. If it requires a regular babysitter, it's far less valuable than if it only takes occasional maintenance. Safety issues could be handled with redundant automatic shutdown and alarms. The cost of this would be far less than what was actually spent, in terms of Fabiani, West, and Rossii himself.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.