ECW Poll: Your Thoughts on the E-Cat as a Commercially Viable Technology

• Bob Greenyer mentioned that it might be time to verify the Rossi flow meter to see how it could be defeated in experiments. MFMP con become a friend of the court and offer unbiased experimental experience to confirm or deny the accusations made about the 1 year test.

ME356 has seen how rudely LENR developers are treated and being as sensitive and vulnerable as he is, he might decide to keep a low profile. Furthermore, Rossi has not submitted many of his patents at this juncture so ME356 could make much of Rossi's tech open source by releasing his methods at the current time.

No matter what the LENR inventor does, no matter how open his experiment is, there will alway be outcries of fraud in his flow meter setup and/or placement to negate the positive results of his experiments. If a optical thermometer is used tp measure heat, their will be doubt about its calibration. That's just the way it is.

Nonsense. If that inventor submits his invention for proper testing by an accredited lab (Sandia, CERN, ORNL, NRL, etc. etc.), there will be no claims of fraud. Somehow, that never seems to happen, does it?

• If that inventor submits his invention for proper testing by an accredited lab (Sandia, CERN, ORNL, NRL, etc. etc.), there will be no claims of fraud.

You're probably right. In fact, we would not get any claims of anything. If LENR+ worked, best we could get from the government labs, I'm afraid, is silence. The early cold fusion confirmations would be illustrative of what would happen. NASA, for example, buried their successful replications of P&F for years.

• Yikes, what paranoid bullsh*t! NASA successfully confirmed and replicated cold fusion? And buried it? WHat gross and total nonsense. is anyone really dumb enough to believe that?

• NASA, for example, buried their successful replications of P&F for years.

No, they did not. They talked about it often. I knew all about it, and there were several references to it in the literature. It was similar to one of the BARC experiments, and as I recall the two compared notes.

I uploaded their paper. I do not recall when. See:

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/FralickGCresultsofa.pdf

• NASA successfully confirmed and replicated cold fusion? And buried it? WHat gross and total nonsense. is anyone really dumb enough to believe that?

Are you suggesting it did not happen? Or do you mean it wasn't buried?

If you have in mind the former, you are ignorant.

Generally speaking you are too lazy or biased to read anything or learn anything about this field, so you often make uniformed remarks. You have the notion that there might errors in McKubre's work, or that all experiments are at "low power" (whatever that means). You make yourself look silly. Since you have no interest in cold fusion, and you refuse to learn anything about it, I recommend you refrain from commenting on it.

• No matter what the LENR inventor does, no matter how open his experiment is, there will alway be outcries of fraud in his flow meter setup and/or placement to negate the positive results of his experiments. If a optical thermometer is used tp measure heat, their will be doubt about its calibration. That's just the way it is.

In truth, the peanut gallery can be harsh. What I conclude from what I've observed over the last few years, not necessarily something I would have expected in advance, is that anyone who claims something had better be prepared to have the claim submitted to scrutiny of the most ungenerous kind and be willing to engage in a give and take with observers, possibly running new tests and incorporating feedback. If for whatever reason things are not ready for that yet, perhaps better to keep a very low profile (or stay invisible) and make only extremely modest claims. In the Bay area, a lot of startups stay in stealth mode for a while, perhaps for related reasons.

An inventor is not obligated to do these things, and he doesn't owe the people in the peanut gallery anything. But it's good to know how things can unfold in advance before taking initial steps to share what he has with the world. If maintaining proprietary secrets is a core part of the inventor's strategy, and demos must be tightly managed, and there can be no genuinely independent experiments, perhaps better to keep things under wraps for as long as possible. This is not advice I'm giving to anyone, merely an attempt at summarizing what I've seen.

• If a optical thermometer is used tp measure heat, their will be doubt about its calibration. That's just the way it is.

Did you know that an old glass-mercury thermometer will temporarily (briefly) show a drop in temperature when quickly immersed in boiling water, from room temperature or colder? (Sensitive to the size of the thermometer). One might infer all sorts of weird things from that.

It's all in knowing your instruments and learning their behavior, thereby avoiding silly mistakes and being able to answer to the grumbles from the spectators.

• Did you know that an old glass-mercury thermometer will temporarily (briefly) show a drop in temperature when quickly immersed in boiling water, from room temperature or colder? (Sensitive to the size of the thermometer). One might infer all sorts of weird things from that.

It's all in knowing your instruments and learning their behavior, thereby avoiding silly mistakes and being able to answer to the grumbles from the spectators.

When you see that nickel powder is melted in the core of the reactor and calibration says that the temperature measured by the optical sensor only got up to 780C, you know that the principles used for the calibration of that sensor are wrong. But to justify this calibration method. the melted nickel has been accused of being planted by the experimenters, a accusation that distroys the reputation of those very careful experimenters.

• When you see that nickel powder is melted in the core of the reactor and calibration says that the temperature measured by the optical sensor only got up to 780C, you know that the principles used for the calibration of that sensor are wrong. But to justify this calibration method. the melted nickel has been accused of being planted by the experimenters, a accusation that distroys the reputation of those very careful experimenters.

What melted nickel? Why not the thermocouple that was stuck inside the fuel door? Melting metal is a limited use thermometer, but the thermocouple is metal, and melts at a lower temperature than pure nickel. About 1380°C for a type K, which was what was in the Lugano reactor (and Jian's). Also the heater coils are under the surface of the reactor, so they also are hotter than the outside. and they did not melt. That puts two more melting metal thermometers in the reactor. And they did not melt, so it did not get to the melting point of nickel. The Ni62 particles from the reactor in photos are identical to the brand new one Bob Higgins imaged. Strike 3. They are not melted either.
    Evidence. Not theory.

• What melted nickel? Why not the thermocouple that was stuck inside the fuel door? Melting metal is a limited use thermometer, but the thermocouple is metal, and melts at a lower temperature than pure nickel. About 1380°C for a type K, which was what was in the Lugano reactor (and Jian's). Also the heater coils are under the surface of the reactor, so they also are hotter than the outside. and they did not melt. That puts two more melting metal thermometers in the reactor. And they did not melt, so it did not get to the melting point of nickel. The Ni62 particles from the reactor in photos are identical to the brand new one Bob Higgins imaged. Strike 3. They are not melted either.
    Evidence. Not theory.

The nickel was the Ni62 ash particle that measured 1000 microns

see page 45

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…10/LuganoReportSubmit.pdf

• Prepare yourself for probably at least two reports using identical Lugano type reactors, tested many times.
    With zero excess heat.
    And gory details about what happens at several high temperature ranges, and what the emissivity actually is, using thermocouples.
    Even thermocouple data from Lugano.

• Official Post

What probably would happen at 1400°C external is that the lithium and aluminum would make a nice flux and the Ni would run together into a solid piece.

Nickel will sinter at a much lower temperature in a hydrogen atmosphere - 700C or thereabouts. Sintering isn't melting of course, but you can end up with some quite solid-seeming lumps.

• The conditions to trigger the exothermic nuclear events are poorly characterized. When they do happen by more or less chance, they have often been enormous and represent an effect far beyond what Piantelli and Focardi witnessed. There are probably many…

Which effect is real ? Did You see it with Your own eyes ? So, how can You even try to make statements like this ? The vast minority in here are in the position to say this, and even fewer are in the position to create similar experiments in order to get a grasp if whether this effect exists at all or is controllable. You are no one else then a person who has chosen his position as a believer in LENR. And that is, what You are, nothing else, so do not try to blate us in here with any comments about any proof.

@damn_right _man . -While what you say may be in part true, it isn't helpful- hence you got greened. If you don't like a polite poster's comment it is quite simple (and better for the forum) to ignore it. Errors of fact are correctable, but mere differences of opinion on topics which are a mystery to many are not. Alan.

• Which effect is real ? Did You see it with Your own eyes ? So, how can You even try to make statements like this ? The vast minority in here are in the position to say this, and even fewer are in the position to create similar experiments in order to get a grasp if whether this effect exists at all or is controllable. You are no one else then a person who has chosen his position as a believer in LENR. And that is, what You are, nothing else, so do not try to blate us in here with any comments about any proof.

You may have a different option of what constitutes proof than I do. But I'm not going to hush up because your world view gets short circuited when someone states the obvious that the Rossi Effect has been successfully replicated multiple times by third parties. And you know what? You're right. I'm a nobody. I don't claim to be anyone special. But at least I have enough neurons still firing to read the writing on the wall etched and signed by Alexander Parkhomov, Zhang Hangcheng, Songsheng Jiang, Malahov, Quoc, Stepanov, Me356, Conover, and the list goes on. The number continues to grow as time goes by and shows no sign of stopping, especially from what I'm hearing from people that are indeed, "somebody." I'm darn appreciative of their whispers that give me optimism of what's going to be happening on the replication front, regardless if Rossi is locked up or if Industrial Heat goes bankrupt. Physical reality isn't manipulated by long winded legal papers, overly verbose spokesmen on forums, or outraged psuedo-skeptics.

And I also agree with you that the most skeletal, primitive form of Rossi's secret sauce (mixing up some nickel, lithium aluminum hydride, making a quick prayer, and then turning on the heat) isn't always repeatable to say the least and often is the opposite of controllable. But these results prove that the phenomenon is real. Play around nickel, lithium, and hydrogen long enough without quitting after the first few strikeouts (unless you hit an initial home run on the first pitch) you're likely to see XHE.

"We have to learn again that science without contact with experiments is an enterprise which is likely to go completely astray into imaginary conjecture." Alfvén

And experimental science without a Herculean and skeptical attempt to understand results is alchemy.

Regards, THH

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.