LFH sees XSH - But is it LENR?

• Replying to this thread at this time will probably be confusing for those following the ongoing LION replication efforts, but I'm wondering if any of the anomalous effects described in the opening post have been observed with other electrode materials too, in particular those directly or indirectly used as the LION "fuel" (like Ni from the 3M Diapad disks or Cu).

Is it plausible that both the electroactivation and occasional polarity reversal process can eventually "dope" the carbon grains in a manner similar to the industrial diamonds suggested to be responsible for anomalous effects in the LION cell?

Also, are the anomalous effects observed here correlated to any extent to the degree of the electroactivation of these carbon grains?

(With reference to US 9102529 B2 - Methods and systems for producing hydrogen)

• Also, are the anomalous effects observed here correlated to any extent to the degree of the electroactivation of these carbon grains?

This patent - to which I have an R&D license to develop - describes the creation of a basic 'spillover' catalyst system which a colleague and I have refined and developed to improve its performance by several orders of magnitude. The degree of activation is indeed important, but it can be overdone very easily, resulting in very poor catalyst performance. Occasional bursts of XSH and short half-life beta-radiation from some experiments with carbon using 'overcooking' led us to speculating that the systems we use tend to preferentially sequester DHO and D2O in the carbon matrix. However, doping the system with extra D2O has not produced any supporting evidence for this hypothesis. It is - even by LENR standards an outlier effect, and of interest only in that it has been thought to pose a risk to those producing bulk catalysts by this method.

• Actually, I was trying the electroactivation procedure above with powdered graphite in light water (at 12V DC) but other electrode materials like copper and steel since I didn't have lead sheet electrodes at disposal.

I recalled that the industrial diamonds of the ongoing LION experiment might have had some sort of electroplating treatment at some point during production (or so has been suggested a few times), but lead likely was not used there. So, I was wondering if those anomalous effects reported in the opening post here have been observed with other electrode materials.

I didn't think that heavy water should be necessary. So far LION hasn't reported soaking the diamonds in H2O.

Further, I tried reversing electrode polarity several times as per instructions (since it's been associated with the excess heat events in the document) while roughly monitoring the load of the power supply (through the 12V voltage sag under load) and I noticed that load would remain increased for a while after doing that, as if water conductivity temporarily increased. However I don't know enough about electrochemistry to determine whether that should be considered normal - that could be just due to increased heating due to H2-O2 recombination or also the power supply's characteristics.