Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• This sock - theater

Not quite sure what you are implying....

Wyttenbach, please advise which of my statements are not logical and should not be considered in the conversation please. I would be interested in which ones you have data or evidence that those points should not be considered when IHFB statement is the topic.

If you think I am a sock of IH, please provide the reasoning as well! I have posted under my real name on all forums (EcatNews, ECW, ColdFusion Community and here) since 2011.

But I doubt you are really interested in facts. :sleeping:

• It is no wonder IHFB doesn't dare use his real name. The only real data that we can confirm is from FP&L. Everything else appears to have been fabricated.

The other options for consideration around the Rossi provided data are just about all off the table.

• Nope. Given the actual flow rate, if there was only 103 degree water there was no excess heat. That's the whole point of the discussion here. I am amazed you misunderstood this issue. (/sarcasm)

So, we are back to the immaculate well-founded indisputable Exhibit 5. Wait, does that mean we have to parse this exhibit into what is real and a farce? Rats.

• If there is no phase change and only 103 degree water is circulating out of the plant, then Rossi has a world-changing technology.

I can't let that comment pass unchallenged. It is technically wrong.

(1) 103C liquid phase is quite possible for pressure of slightly more than 1 atm. It does not imply phase change, there is as yet no evidence of circulating water at a much lower temperature, so no implied working device.

(2) All that was measured is 103C at one point after the pump (the section at highest pressure and temperature even if parts on condenser return pipe are kept near atmospheric).

(3) We have no information that the 103C measured was liquid phase. In fact it was possibly vapour phase but there would very possibly also be unmixed liquid phase in a pipe flowing at a lower temperature than this. So it does not properly represent the mixed temperature of the circulant even at one point!

(4) We can be pretty sure, because the 103C does not much change, that it represents boiling point at the <i> after pump</i> pressure. That gives no evidence of significant phase change. Just a little bit gives you b.p.

So your comment requires so many unlikely additional assumptions it's attempted PR content will quite get lost by the time you correct it.

• 42 nails another one - if you had an $89M world beater - why would you disassemble the fluid system and leave no trace of anything but the locked container? Why would you drain and flush the system overnight before IH inspection? Why would you try to sneak the flowmeter out of the building at 6:30am on inspection day then attempt to forcefully stop flowmeter inspection when IH insisted on opening the flow meter box? There are 100+ more big why questions.

Lets ask some other questions from another angle - how much do superheated steam pipes weigh (by the foot and lets use lbs for us dumb Americans)? How are they supposed to be supported (real ones that is)?

• Everything I have said is now in the court documents

To be clear, I was not implying that your statements were incorrect or unfounded.

I was attempting to make the point to Mr. Gluck that one CAN make decisions on their OWN from evidence provided via the court documents.

Often, I see that people think or attempt to make the claim "you cannot believe this or that because (insert various names here) cannot be trusted or they are a IH supporter" So my statement about my information not coming from Weaver or you was not meant to be a negative towards you, but to stress that the evidence stood on it's own from the courts. That is was unbiased in itself.

Knowing the differences that Mr. Gluck has had with Weaver and yourself, I was attempting to get him to look at the evidence himself versus hearing it second hand from others.

• I'll give you a hint: heating 60C water to 103C takes just over 1 MW.

No, it does not. Rossi claimed the flow rate was 32,400 kg/day (adjusted). Divide by 86,400 s/day gives 375 g/s. 375 g * 43°C = 16,125 calories. That's 67,467 J/s, or 67 kW. So, if the input power really was 20 kW and the flow rate was as claimed, there would be a lot of excess heat. But the flow rate was 3 or 4 times lower than claimed.

Input power may have been only 10 kW. Rossi and Penon gave different numbers at different times. I do not know which is correct.

• Looks like that is what the whole case will come down to.

As you are so fond of doing to others....... :)

wait... wait... wait... YOU just said that "DEWEY IS WRONG. THE PIPE SIZE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"

Now it is the flow meter?

As you are so fond of saying.... looks like your statements are speaking for themselves!

wait.. wait.. wait.. oops!;)

Here is another link possibly useful! This shovel is less expensive than the other one! Perhaps Wyttenbach can help you dig! :thumbup:

https://www.menards.com/main/o…m?tid=3645697351024147442

• No misunderstanding from me. You are just not reading, or not understanding, my (1) and (3). Why do you think what you state implies heating at the specified flow rate from 60C to 103C?

• @Jed

I stand corrected. What I stated assumes vaporization of all of the flux. My point however remains, as agreed to by you: even if there is no phase change, there would be a lot of excess heat. This of course assumes that the flow meter was correctly installed. Can we agree that the entire question of whether the plant generated excess heat hinges on the correctness of the flow meter placement?

• And the conspiracy theory expands! Just look inside the plant. It was double pad-locked. You can see the size of the exit pipe. And I highly doubt it was DN40. Dewey has retreated on this point, which speaks for itself.

Boy, is it so hard for you to understand very simple things?
    I told you already months ago, the pipe in question is the connection line between the 1MW plant and the "customer side". And independly from the diameter of the pipe sticking out from the container, this connection pipe could be of any diameter, because there are such things as pipe fittings to reduce or expand to another pipe size.

What if the pipe flange at the customer side is DN40 (e.g because there are just a couple of radiators with a DN40 connection), then it wouldn't be far fetched when they used a DN40 piece of pipe for the connection from the container to the customer side.
    And of course, you can dismantle that pipe without the need to enter the padlocked container.
    Do you get this?

• What I stated assumes vaporization of all of the flux. My point however remains, as agreed to by you: even if there is no phase change, there would be a lot of excess heat. This of course assumes that the flow meter was correctly installed. Can we agree that the entire question of whether the plant generated excess heat hinges on the correctness of the flow meter placement?

The placement was wrong. It was in a gravity return pipe without a U. It would have worked with a U, but as far as I know there wasn't one. There are other issues:

There is other evidence the return pipe was half-empty.

The type of meter was wrong. It was far too insensitive.

It was not tested or compared to a direct measure, as far as I know.

The data is nonsensical and could not be real. It is far too consistent, even given the insensitivity of the meter.

The meter wasn't correctly installed. That is what Exhibit 5 says. If that Exhibit is wrong, Rossi would have responded with corrections. Valid answers would probably have brought him $89 million, or at least, they would have given him a leg to stand on in the lawsuit, so I am sure he would have responded if he could have.

• Boy, is it so hard for you to understand very simple things?

Do you feel such adhoms bolster your points?

I told you already months ago, the pipe in question is the connection
    line between the 1MW plant and the "customer side". And independly from
    the diameter of the pipe sticking out from the container, this
    connection pipe could be of any diameter, because there are such things
    as pipe fittings to reduce or expand to another pipe size.

What if the pipe flange at the customer side is DN40 (e.g because there are just a couple of radiators with a DN40 connection), then it wouldn't be far fetched when they used a DN40 piece of pipe for the connection from the container to the customer side.

Yes it would be far fetched. It would be idiotic. And as I've said before, if Rossi or his team downsized the exit pipe to DN40 then they would be imbeciles, and I would mark them all up as entirely incompetent. It would be so easy to prove. Dewey says they took pictures and measurements, but has always dodged the simple question of whether Exhibit 5 was accurate in stating that the piping was DN40. Now his mantra is: the pipe size doesn't matter. Do you think Dewey is stating that the pipe size doesn't matter if the pipe size really was DN40? Think about that one.

And of course, you can dismantle that pipe without the need to enter the padlocked container.

So you think Rossi ripped out the pipe from the outside of the container? Like that wouldn't go unnoticed. Your conspiracies are ridiculous.

• Because the pipe size FUD has been debunked.

Whether the pipe was 1.5" or 3" it could not possibly have carried 1 MW of steam. As I said, if you think that 3" pipe is sufficient for that much steam, you have no idea how much steam that is. Even for a low pressure steam radiator circa 1900, there is no way they could use a 3" pipe. The houses I grew up in had steam or water radiators with 1.5" or 3" pipes, depending on how far from the basement the steam had to go. That was with a 10 or 20 kW furnace. See:

http://usboiler.net/library/US…lper/offline/download.pdf

An apartment building with a steam radiators would have a furnace of a few hundred kilowatts. The steam pipes were 6" to 1', running up the hallways or through the bathroom. Like this:

3eeb7788715d6ac6e0e32ffc7ae14b1d.jpg

Bear in mind there are multiple steam pipes in an apartment building. Not just one. The pipe you see here would conduct 10 or 20 kW of steam, for as many apartments as there are floors, but not to every apartment on that floor.

If that were a low pressure steam pipe for heating purposes, in a large building circa 1900, carrying anything like 1 MW of steam, it would be 1 or 2 feet in diameter. Like this:

steam_dia.png

(With steam radiators circa 1900, the pressure is close to atmospheric. The steam condenses and the water runs back down the same pipe it comes up in. Hot water radiators have two pipes, and for a large house, a circulation pump.)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.