Clearance Items

• You have repeatedly accused people of intellectual dishonesty. As I recall, you also accused some of us of actual dishonesty, and you repeatedly accused F&P of knowing they were wrong. Which is to say, you accused them of perpetrating a fraud. That is way, WAY over the line. It is one thing to say "they did not realize they were making a mistake." It is entirely different to say "they knew, and they did it to take money from Toyota."

Please, cite references.

• Are you saying that I'm allowed to cite F&P only into the "Clearance Items" thread? I was there when you directed me to start a new thread on my own to talk about F&P experiments (2). I did it (3) and in a few weeks you decided to close it down (4).

You can start another F&P thread if you wish, but unless you have made any new discoveries I doubt anyone would be interested. But off-topic foamgate posts in other threads (like this one) are headed for clearance. As are the ones above and this one. So don't do it any more.

• I don't remember exactly when, but I do remember having to retreat to my safe space. So it must have happened.

You are misremembering, I never shamed you (singular and plural) for believing in LENR (or for any other reason).

I checked all my comments on L-F. The word "shame" appears only in two comments of yours in which you accused me to shame some LENR researchers (not the believers) for their role in the Ecat affair. In any case, in my replies (1-2), I explained you that this was not my intention.

The only time I invited someone to be ashamed, it was not for his believing in LENR (3).

Anyway, Shane, consider that you are always at risk of an unlucky typo! :)

(1) Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

(2) Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

(3) FP's experiments discussion

• You can start another F&P thread if you wish, but unless you have made any new discoveries I doubt anyone would be interested. But off-topic foamgate posts in other threads (like this one) are headed for clearance. As are the ones above and this one. So don't do it any more.

OK, thanks. I hope this time will be allowed to fade away by its own as any other thread.

• When the time is right I am sure you will report as much disclosure as you like. I am not complaining.

Actually, knowing Russ George, I doubt they will ever disclose anything. But I am not complaining either. As far as I know, experiments that were never reported in detail, but only in snippets and hints like this one, all turned out to be wrong.

• https://mathscholar.org/2019/0…science-or-pseudoscience/

A bit behind the times, are we?

Another, more controversial, commercial venture has been founded by Andrea Rossi, a colorful (and controversial) Italian-American engineer-entrepreneur. Rossi claims that he has developed and patented a reactor (named the “E-Cat SK”), roughly the size of a suitcase, that produces up to 22 KWatt output power in the form of heat; thus 50 such units, which would fit very comfortably in a shipping container, could produce more than 1 MWatt heat. His company (Leonardo Corporation) is now inviting orders for a heat service based on the E-Cat SK — a customer pays a discounted rate for the net heat (output heat minus input electricity) produced by an E-Cat SK system sited on the customer’s premises but managed by Leonardo. See Leonardo Corporation in the U.S. or Hydro Fusion in the U.K.

On the downside, Rossi’s work leaves much to be desired from a scientific point view. Rossi remains very tight-lipped, preferring to protect his company’s intellectual property through silence, and thus has not released any details on exactly how his systems are constructed and operated. For the most part, we have only Rossi’s word about his system’s performance and commercial prospects, and thus many remain highly skeptical of his operation.

There is some experimental backing for Rossi’s approach, although not nearly as much as for Brillouin. In October 2014, a team of Italian and Swedish researchers released a paper (see [Levi2014] below) that reported a “coefficient of performance” (ratio of output heat to input power) of up to 3.6, based on experiments with a Rossi-type reactor performed at a laboratory in Lugano, Switzerland. More recently, Russian physicist Alexandre Parkhomov and others have reported success in performing Rossi-like experiments — see the papers [Alabin2018], [Zelensky2017], [Parkhomov2016] and [Valay2016] below for further details.

What is it about "Rossi is a convicted felon and his ecat is pure crookery and absurdly, transparently so" that they fail to get. Sort of destroys their credibility. They need a good look at some of the depositions in Rossi vs IH. Makes me wonder what else they screwed the pooch on.

• Link Removed.

I'm setting up a GoFundMe campaign to buy a gamma spectrometer and go to London to test these cells, per Alan's invitation. It would make sense for someone more qualified to make the visit , take the measurements, and generate the YouTube video. Hint: Jed.

@[email protected]

TAKE this down at once please. This is entirely without my consent or any advance knowledge. I have reported your initiative to GFM. This is NOT the way to do it. ALAN

• Johny5, any new insigths you would like to share? Is SS really so special according to your assumption? We are not working on experiments, but designing and manufacturing reactors. Currently we use 1.4841 (corresponds to AISI 314) for reactor tube. Would boriding the surface of tube be helpful?