LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Traction control has been a major problem with locomotives since Trevithick invented them. It was done by human skill. Starting a heavy train on an uphill grade was very difficult. Water or ice on the rails, or a swarm of locusts, made it even more difficult. The engineers had one tool to make it easier. Locomotives early on had sand domes. The engineer would pull a rope to drop sand in front of the driving wheels. Locomotives still have sand boxes.

Thinking about this some more, unless all the extra wear is somehow caused by regenerative breaking (possible but unlikely) then the advanced tire wear is affecting the vehicle mileage. Literally dragging the tires at times, by either under or over powering the relevant wheel(s).

Another possibility is that the types of persons that are early adopters of electrical cars have a much higher level of aggressive drivers than the typical ICE car owner group. I have had cars that the rear tires lasted as little as 20 minutes on the road… from 85% tread. Good thing I was friends with a tire recycler.

• Another possibility is that the types of persons that are early adopters of electrical cars have a much higher level of aggressive drivers than the typical ICE car owner group.

From the article:

"The rubber also literally meets the road faster on an electric vehicle. Electrical motors can produce peak power, or torque, almost instantly, unlike mashing the gas pedal of a regular car, which requires gas to flow and burn in cylinders and a bunch of mechanical parts to start moving."

• Proof that EV drivers like the high torque:

Insane mode:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• From the article:

"The rubber also literally meets the road faster on an electric vehicle. Electrical motors can produce peak power, or torque, almost instantly, unlike mashing the gas pedal of a regular car, which requires gas to flow and burn in cylinders and a bunch of mechanical parts to start moving."

But it is 100% drive by wire. Soft start (torque dampened) electrical motors have been a thing for over 100 years. The kids toys spin the wheels because power is either on or off, 100% or nothing.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Жалгас, китайцы ждут этого письма и готовы сделать 5 конденсаторов за 45 дней, так что дело за тобой, ждем загрузки сегодня, я подойду после обеда Помоги мне и мы сделаем летающие тарелки.... я так думаю....
    https:/ /drive.google.com/file/d/1u9MD6p70b6FDQQWy87SIMXjPa913CWS3/view и еще https://yandex.kz/video/preview/16826912500967754314?fbclid=IwAR1GGfzFAVLYClAO3v50jVjozGPj0NjTlhL1Zfi6jEpUjbbAXNe
    NxKwa6Og Если что можно меньше конденсаторов, начиная с 1 конденсатора, но чем больше тем лучше, Я не знаю, сколько емкостей дают в пластике, это зависит от испытаний. Помоги нам, а мы тебе поможем улететь на другую планету, шучу

mGuHC2Yz?format=jpg&name=240x240

yandex.kz
    Практика 2007 год, шаровые конкреции! Геология Мангистау! | Facebook
    Сериалы, клипы, – любые ролики фильмов загружаются в Яндексе

4:06 · 29 янв. 2024 г.
    ·
    4 просмотра

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Thinking about this some more, unless all the extra wear is somehow caused by regenerative breaking

I do not see how that could be the case. Regenerative braking is functionally exactly the same as friction braking, from the point of view of the tires. You cannot tell the difference as a driver, either. When you press the brake pedal hard, both regenerative and friction braking operate.

The torque profile could easily be modified by the use of electronics abd computer control.

As I mentioned, the Prius has an option to change the torque profile and other parameters. There are four modes: ECO, Normal, PWR and EV. ECO has the slowest starts; PWR has the most aggressive.

https://prius.fandom.com/wiki/…_(ECO,_Normal,_PWR_and_EV)

• Thinking about this some more, unless all the extra wear is somehow caused by regenerative breaking (possible but unlikely) then the advanced tire wear is affecting the vehicle mileage.

JedRothwell ,

I have included my entire quote in which I noted it was unlikely.

Regenerative braking is a mode not available in most ICE vehicles, so certainly it is a difference with a distinction. Tires dragging due to overagressive electromotive braking is feasible.

• Regenerative braking is a mode not available in most ICE vehicles, so certainly it is a difference with a distinction.

How is it physically any different to the tire? Regenerative braking resists the rotation of the wheel, which increases friction between the tire and the road. At the interface between the tire and the road, the effect is exactly the same as what happens with friction braking (the brake pad against the wheel).

Tires dragging due to overagressive electromotive braking is feasible.

Actually, no. The control electronics prevent that. You have no way to aggressively apply electromotive braking. You have no control over it. When you press hard on the brake pedal, full electromotive braking turns on and along with that, the conventional friction brake pads are applied to the wheel. Conventional anti-lock brake pumping is applied to the brake pad calipers.

All EV and hybrid cars are equipped with both electromotive and conventional brakes. The driver cannot select one or the other. You cannot tell which is working, to what extent. It feels like a conventional ICE car with friction brakes only.

The electromotive braking does reduce brake pad wear. You can see that difference after a few years. The brake pads last longer.

• One would expect that the controls systems do not allow for dragged tires.

The tire wear shows that is probably not the case. It doesn’t matter it can be fathomed by intuition.

• One would expect that the controls systems do not allow for dragged tires.

Do you mean the control systems do not take into account problems that cause dragged tires? Of course they do! Automotive engineers are well aware of such problems. No one would develop a start-up procedure that drags the tires and causes premature wear.

The Prius accelerates very smoothly when it is driven correctly. More smoothly than a manual shift, but a manual shift remains my favorite way to drive. I guess it is a dying art . . .

For a complicated set of controls and gears, look at a Model T Ford.

• Like I said, if the tires are wearing off fast, the engineers know, and it is probably because it is made to do so rather than some alternative, which, whatever it is, is the real nugget probably.

Traction systems can be surprising involved in normal driving.

For example, I was driving a 2023 Ford F-150 4WD for work when the traction warnings started flashing. All of them at once. ABS, 4WD offline. And then all good, all bad, then disabled by computer. The truck started peeling out from stops without giving almost any gas, sliding precipitously in the gravel roads when before 50 other trips nothing slipping anywhere. The truck is normally massively manipulating the traction constantly. I diagnosed the problem and the computer reactivated the entire traction systems and 4WD and it was like going from 1970 to 2024 quality drivability in gravel instantly. That is a dramatic difference in gravel, but even on the pavement the truck was wobbly in corners, and could start slipping in the dust at the road edge in long corners with the traction system disabled.

The issue was the fuse was coming out of the fuse box. along with every other fuse and all of the relays in the underhood fusebox. The lid was just barely holding it all together. The truck was a bump or two from spectacular other electrical excitement although losing all traction control and 4WD ability in the snow on active logging roads was exciting enough for me.

• NASA physicist Dr. Charles Buhler discusses a breakthrough propellantless propulsion device developed by Exodus Propulsion Technology that produces 1g (9.8 m/s²) thrust in hard-vacuum experimental testing.

External Content youtu.be

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.