Plasma electrolysis at lower voltages

• By the way, I think the "sprites" could be "cloud cavitation", although I'm not 100% sure.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…od_The_Bad_and_the_Bubbly

They are definitely the hydrodynamic expression of a coherent matter wave. These are very poorly understood, but much more complex than simply “bubbles”.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• can

The video shown above shows mainly glow discharge rather than sparks, so indeed in such setup spark initiated cavitation is not likely.

The downwards directed 'sprites' show a peculiar effect. Seems that the big floating gas bubbles are formed in the sprites area below the tungsten tip. This could be recombined H atoms to H2. The violet glow is clearly hydrogen plasma.

How the reaction looks depends on voltage and electrolyte concentration; in all cases anyway there is not just an ordinary glow plasma as seen in low-pressure gas discharge environments, but numerous discharge events that show as random bright spots on the surface which I think is why sometimes the reaction is called "micro-arcing" or "sparking".

Here is how it looked in 10M KOH solution (which turned dark purple from potassium–iron ions from the steel anode at high pH) at 50V using the same 1mm-thick tungsten rod (5x slow motion).

At higher power levels/electrolyte concentrations the 'sprites' seemed to be generated all round the cathode, not just ejected from below, although I don't have a good video showing this (it can be somewhat observed in the above slow-mo animation as the reaction lights up).

I am still not sure whether cavitation has a direct effect on the possible LENR on the surface of the cathode in this case; it seems like it would be of secondary importance. One has to realize that the electric field generated under operating conditions due to charge concentration is strong enough to cause the breakdown of the gaseous layer surrounding the electrode at atmospheric pressure (or greater), which should put it in the MV/m range or above. I would expect this to be a primary factor for any observed anomaly.

They are definitely the hydrodynamic expression of a coherent matter wave. These are very poorly understood, but much more complex than simply “bubbles”.

I don't know whether they are coherent matter waves, but they definitely do not look like simple bubbles.

• . One has to realize that the electric field generated under operating conditions due to charge concentration is strong enough to cause the breakdown of the gaseous layer surrounding the electrode at atmospheric pressure (or greater),

Уважаемый , can ! Нет "электрических зарядов" в природе ! Нет "электрических полей" в природе ! Если Вы самостоятельно не изучите ошибки Максвелла, который благодаря своей невнимательности и "школьной ошибке", которую он допустил в своем трактате "Электричество и Магнетизм", то Вы так никогда не поймете физику данных процессов... Ни на протоне, ни на электроне нет "зарядов"... Своим вращением они формируют собственное магнитное поле... и собственные магнитные полюса...

The use of the hydro wave method for the purification of aqueous solutions and thermonuclear reactions, December 7, 2017 – https://drive.google.com/file/…12BxqdNU/view?usp=sharing

The use of the hydro wave method for the purification of aqueous solutions and thermonuclear reactions, December 7, 2017 – https://cloud.mail.ru/public/27Ad/4bDGJ92rH

• Bing Translation:

Quote from Cherepanov2020

‎Dear , ‎‎can‎‎ ! There are no "electric charges" in nature! There are no "electric fields" in nature! If you do not independently study the mistakes of Maxwell, who, thanks to his inattention and "school mistake", which he made in his treatise "Electricity and Magnetism", then you will never understand the physics of these processes ... There are no "charges" on either the proton or the electron... By their rotation, they form their own magnetic field... and own magnetic poles...‎

Even if all electric charges were actually tiny magnetic fields, my point is that the conditions arising between the active electrode and the surrounding electrolyte are more extreme than they might seem on a first look, and that the reaction cannot be explained just by the applied electrode voltage (only 50V in the case of the previously posted movie).

Increasing the electrolyte concentration up to saturation using a strong electrolyte seemed to lower the voltage from which a visible plasma could be observed; possibly effects due to metal deposition contribute too. This appears to occur also with alkali electrolytes at very high pH; I definitely saw it occurring with copper on tungsten after the solution turned deep blue (photo below).

Acid electrolytes also work well for similar reasons and I think that H2SO4 (sulfuric acid) solution at battery acid concentration (37%) could improve things even further, but I never dared to try, since the reaction causes the electrolyte to nebulize, and after a short period of testing all surfaces in the surrounding environment become covered with electrolyte droplets... the main reason why I haven't performed more related testing lately also with safer electrolytes (it needs better equipment or a better reaction cell).

• At higher power levels/electrolyte concentrations the 'sprites' seemed to be generated all round the cathode, not just ejected from below, although I don't have a good video showing this (it can be somewhat observed in the above slow-mo animation as the reaction lights up).

Do you think the sprites may be formed around microscopic pieces of metal ejected from the surface of the cathode?

• Alan Smith

If they are due to material ejected from the cathode, they must not be from the base cathode itself or the wear rate would be too high.

They also formed with acidic electrolyte (10% HCl) but only when dendritic deposition was not occurring on the cathode and the reaction was acoustically noisier. This might be strictly a function of reaction intensity causing cavitation in the surrounding electrolyte.

Here is a video with 10% HCl electrolyte where such sprites can be seen under several conditions (clearer in full screen):

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In order for you to understand those physical processes in your experiment with an electrolyte, you will have to abandon "modern physics", which I call "old physics", and switch to a new physics - "physics of microworld Kanarev Philip Mikhailovich" and at the same time you will need to remove from his texts the mention of "electric charge", "electric field" and "electric forces", and "e" will have to be removed from the formulas ...

Evaporation of electrolyte ... and any other liquid - for example, molten metal ... How can this be imagined at the microcosm level? First, the electron does not rotate around the nucleus of the atom, the electron interacts with the proton of the nucleus linearly ... This is schematically shown in the figure -

As long as the electron rotates on the axis of rotation of the proton, we call such an electron a "bound electron". It is the bound electrons that are responsible for the state of aggregation of any substance - solid, liquid, gaseous ... In a solid state, electrons are close to their protons, in a liquid state, bound electrons move away from their protons, and in a gaseous state, bound electrons are significantly removed from their protons .. That is why the "gaseous state" is characterized by a lower density - the volume of a molecule is increased due to the fact that electrons move away from protons, the distance between them increases and the volume increases accordingly. Why are electrons leaving? But because they absorb photons - in everyday life we call it "heating matter". Having absorbed photons, electrons increase their "magnetic potential", increase their mass, while the electron decreases its radius ... and increases its angular velocity of rotation - this leads to an increase in the "power of its secondary magnetic field", which by its FORCE pushes the electron away from the proton. It is important to understand the following - despite the fact that the "heated molecule" increases its mass due to the fact that the bound electrons have absorbed photons, but nevertheless these molecules are displaced by denser molecules and less heated - relatively speaking "cold molecules, and therefore less dense molecules always rise up on Earth - the ancient physicist Archimedes did not understand the upward movement of these molecules, but nevertheless he introduced Archimedes 'Law into physics ... Now we understand why Archimedes' Law works this way ... A molecule is a magnetic system in which they manifest their magnetic properties protons and electrons ... Why do they manifest? And because a proton and an electron are rotating structures ... In this sense, a neutron in a molecule does not have the ability to rotate, since this rotation of a neutron is "constrained" by the action of neighboring protons and neutrons on it .. But this happens only in stable elements - in them a neutron has two or more bonds with neighboring nucleons ... Another thing is a radioactive element ... The word "radioactive" is absolutely incorrect in relation to such elements - it is correct to call them differently - "unstable elements" ... The "unstable" element has no activity of its own ... Such an element has a neutron - I call it "unstable" neutron, and a given neutron has only one connection with the nucleus of an atom or with a nucleon of the nucleus ... The presence of only one connection for a given "unstable" neutron allows it to rotate! Rotation of the "unstable" neutron is given by photons ... By spinning the "unstable" neutron, the photons carry out an important mission - as a result of this rotation there comes a moment at which the generated FORCES of the secondary magnetic field in the neutron reach such a value at which they overcome the FORCES that provide " the integrity of the "neutron and which are formed by the interaction of the ether elements - I called them" yoctomagnetics ". The rupture of a neutron or the separation of a mass from a neutron, which is 1836 times less than the mass of a proton, provides the forces of the "secondary magnetic field". That is why a free neutron is not able to live for a long time - a free neutron is not connected with anything at all and for this reason its photons quite easily spin it up to a certain angular velocity, at which the electron mass "detaches" from the neutron.

If you are able to learn all this, then it will be easier for you to understand both your own experiments and the experiments of other researchers who are involved in LENR.

• At higher power levels/electrolyte concentrations the 'sprites' seemed to be generated all round the cathode, not just ejected from below, although I don't have a good video showing this (it can be somewhat observed in the above slow-mo animation as the reaction lights up).

It turns out I actually had a better video of this from past tests. I posted a brief gif earlier on, but not the video.

External Content youtu.be

Here I used a somewhat diluted potassium carbonate-sodium bicarbonate solution and the applied voltage was 62V.

The solution was diluted because at higher concentrations and voltages the electrolyte would accumulate in solid form on the cathode, stop the plasma and start getting dissociated, producing sparks and explosions as a result, which I also mentioned and showed earlier in the thread. For the most part this tells that the local electrolyte concentration may greatly increase during operation—per se not an anomaly, although this is not normally even visually observed.

• Alan Smith

That could possibly have happened with sodium bicarbonate, but I don't recall for how long exactly I had been testing the same solution at high temperatures in that video. At that point it might have mostly decomposed to the more stable carbonate, since as explained above, for those tests I diluted the solution to avoid solid accumulation at the cathode.

Below is a video (which I haven't posted before, it seems) made with the previously used more concentrated sodium bicarbonate/potassium carbonate solution mixture which caused solid accumulation on the cathode. Temperatures were high and outgassing was probably occurring, but no sprites as in the other videos with plasma electrolysis, though some weird-looking emission occurred from the cathode (maybe due to metallic sodium or potassium formation).

At 0:28 I turned power down and the intense bubbling stopped.

EDIT: gif of some of the emissions from the electrolyte-covered cathode:

• can, these emissions from the cathode looks very interesting! The most straightforward explanation is that they are generated by simple chemical reactions. However, the appearance and behavior of these ejected "particles" looks very peculiar. They apparently are very small, they possesses quite a big energy to travel this distance with this velocity (the full path is completed in one or two frames), their path is very far from being linear, and they looks like particles seen in a cloud chamber. As you can see from these frames, the path is not ballistic at all, instead it is very similar to an arc discharge:

You could try to apply en external magnetic field and see if their path is affected.

• Stevenson

They do really look like tracks for a cloud chamber or electric discharges, which left me wondering for a while. I think however they are likely to be caused by tiny droplets of Na/K metal or Na/K hydride formed from the electrolyte accumulated at the cathode (while electrolysis was still occurring) and reacting with water.

Using thinner cathode wires, the electrolyte formations could be easily removed and put into a container. Crushing them with a pair of pliers in the atmosphere would cause them to sometimes fizz and smoke. The interior also looked dark with some metallic-looking areas. I mentioned that at the time of those tests in an earlier comment.

Other tests also suggested the formation of alkali elements in metallic form under similar conditions. This one below (I posted a similar one before but not quite the same) was with just K2CO3 solution close to saturation, which didn't seem to accumulate on the cathode in the way sodium (bi)carbonate did, but produced interesting light shows and explosions.

The reaction of alkali metal with water has been suggested a while back to cause a Coulomb explosion, that is, electrons are stripped from the material which becomes positively charged and its atoms also start repelling from each other. I think such positively charged material would be affected by local and external magnetic fields, although I haven't tried applying one manually.

To make it clear, the above animations are from tests made several months ago; at the moment I'm not geared to repeat them.

A further question might be how all of this is related with plasma electrolysis. The relation is that electrolyte accumulated on the electrode under the same conditions that caused plasma electrolysis, if the electrolyte concentration was too high. This might be clearer in this (previously posted) video:

• I made a quick round of tests to see if I could repeat the same effect. I initially tried just sodium bicarbonate but I couldn't manage to make it work properly due to too low electrolyte conductivity preventing a plasma and electrolyte accumulation from starting. After I added some potassium carbonate and KOH solution leftover, it worked about as it previously did several months ago.

The anode was a steel sheet and it colored the solution brown in the initial attempts with sodium bicarbonate only. This did not seem to affect the desired outcome significantly, other that the electrolyte accumulating on the cathode was brown and that I had to put the cathode close to the glass wall since the solution was rather cloudy.

I made a collection video showing many such events for those interested. I tried applying a magnet but I couldn't discern much difference, although I had the impression it reduced the rate of events. I need a better magnet, however.

I used a 0.3 mm tungsten cathode and up to 62V DC by using two power supplies in series, one adjustable and another with fixed voltage.

EDIT and a gif (4x slow-mo; normal version also attached):

• To me, they look a bit like the mini Coulomb explosions that occur when putting Rb into water.

There is some similarity, although so far I haven't been able to find videos showing underwater explosions of tiny amounts of it (or of potassium metal).

This could also be similar but again it's mostly above the water surface.

• Sorry, there was some sort of paper (a good one) a couple years ago that anyways had very slow motion video with a good experimental arrangement. Basically, electronegative chemistry between H2O and the sudden exposure to the metallic left hand elements leads to a massive surge of electrons that exceed the Coulomb strength of water, and that explodes, with UV etc.

• Paradigmnoia

I was aware of this slow-motion video from the supplementary information from a paper published on Nature on the subject by the group who first proposed the idea, but it's not exactly similar to the underwater squiggly traces I have been seeing.

• It would be interesting to see if the same or similar explosions can be observed applying mains 50 Hz 30V through the same electrolytic setup. If it does the same thing as you are observing with DC, then this would be firm evidence for LENR occurring at both electrodes.

• Occasionally I have tried to invert polarity, and it always works worse or not at all for the same applied DC voltage, producing less intense plasma, weaker EMI, lower local heat and so on. With AC it might be roughly equivalent of operating it with smoothly pulsed DC, in that it will work properly only for half of the AC cycle.

The electrode still needs to be of small area compared to the counter-electrode, or no plasma will be generated. So, typically since one electrode will be much larger than the other, the plasma (weak or strong) will be observed only on the small one regardless of polarity.

With the opposite polarity (anode) the 0.3 mm tungsten wire will get eroded very quickly due to oxidation and quick removal of the formed oxide layer.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.