ICCF25 - 25th International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science Announcement

• AFAIK the syystem should not have demanded any passwords.

Although I don't use Zoom a lot, I've noticed that the way information is passed between a website and app, on launch, can be a bit flaky. The M$Windows App version seems to have fewer problems than, say, the Linux/Ubuntu version (that I use) - but, then again, I never have problems if I get the link via email.

The link you posted, Alan, did seem to have all the information in it - but regardless of the different access permutations that I tried, Zoom kept wanting an extra passcode. Something must have been corrupting the data along the way.

Anyway, it looks like you had sufficient members present to ratify any proposals in compliance with Charity Commission rules, so it didn't make any difference to your proceedings.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• How are the targeted beam experiments different from the infused hydrogen metal nano-particle experiements? Pam Boss said "There are two channels of reactions." in paraphrase. Some channels make heat and helium, and others make ions and radiation.

It seems the targeted beam do not make the heat and helium like the hydrogen metal nano-particles? The latter seems like hot fusion.

Was watching Andrew from TexasTech.

• I am so grateful for the Glimpses you are sharing here rubycarat  Alan Smith  AlainCo . Can I ask if some presentations are being recorded at least? I am so eager to see some of them but so far it seems none is available for anyone not there either in the Flesh or Virtually.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Can I ask if some presentations are being recorded at least? I am so eager to see some of them but so far it seems none is available for anyone not there either in the Flesh or Virtually.

I am sure they are being recorded. I will enquire when they will be available. I haven't managed yet to do any interviews, but I have been interviewed a couple of times myself. This conference is pretty intense, some are more laid back, but this one seems very buzzy.

• This conference is pretty intense, some are more laid back, but this one seems very buzzy.

That’s a great bit of information! Thanks! Nothing like being there to sense this kind of aspects, so much gratitude for you to share this kind of insights.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• As compensation for those of us who failed to patch into last night's meeting, I thought it might help if we at least had some idea of what it should have looked like. So here is an AI ArtBot representation of a bunch of scientists holding a meeting (in an alchemypunk style):

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• We talked about that today. As of 2 weeks ago, X-Prize was still trying to find the money. @Diadon said he would ask around at the conference for more info.

Thank you for reminding me. I haven't been introduced to anyone I know with certainty who would have information about this, but I will ask the Anthropocene group tomorrow.

• Some glimpse on the presentation of Today.

As before, note that most presentation feature teamwork, check the abstract for details.

Yashuhire Iwamura

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=22

presented work involving Tohoku and Nagiya University, and clean planet,

on multilayered nanosized metal composite loaded with hydrogen.

He explained their current strategy, to develop a pratical and feasible method, to show it of practical use, with some clrification of reaction mechanism, so people will recognize it useful and founded.

Work was on CuNi multi layers (palladium substrate, and 6x : Cu2nm+ Ni14nm), starting at 500°C, after H2 loading and evacuation triggering anomalous excess heat, and with multiple cycles.

It was connected to a Q-mass spectrometer.

Excess heat was measured around 12keV/hydrogen which is much above anything chemical.

they noticed heatburst were often triggered by sligh change in power, and decided to trigger it by a short decrease of power, which indeed cause heatburst, with a timing showing it was happening when heat wave was reaching the surface.

They tested with negative and positive pulse, which worked too.

They also noticed som oxygen concentration at the surface, and charaterized it with XPS and EDX, with isotopic ratios, depth comparison, finding it could not be explained by surface oxydation (they tested oxydation this way).
    This is something to understand.

L Forsley

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=22

of Nasa presented theoretical analysis on electron screening around experiments with accelerateud deterium beams on PdD target.

Protons are detected.

It was very technical and since I don't know well beam experiments, I cannot say more.

S Olafson

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=23

presents the work around experiments with Rydberg matter created by high energy laser pulse, and the experimental setup to detect an characterized particles and radiations.

Target is Tantallum, Laser performance is 5ns pulse of 100mJ at 1064nm (2 order of magnitude below big thermonuclear testing laser like french Megajoule, but already quite impressive). there are X rays detectors to calibrate.
    I cannot tell more, but it is work in progress.

R Dubey

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=23

presented the work of CleanHME in Szczecin to benckmark their detectors

with their beam experiment (hydrogen accelerated on hydride target), with theoretical consideration discussing of screening and resonance, of detectors behavior, compared to their numerical model (Geant4).

Soon they will test with room temperature experiments (not beam).

Konrad Czerski

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=24

continue on the work at OpenHME,

with question about various possible reactions, d+d, p+d and p+p in their beam experiments, showing that p+p may be less improbable than expected, because of screening, letting hope about room temperature,

There are probable more resonance and screening effects to discover at lower energy.

They also noticed that oxygen at very low concentration can improve the screening.

A I Kilic

They also noticed that oxygen at very low concentration can improve the screening.

continues on the work of CleanHME about Beams.

He explains theoretyical analysis to extrapolate from mild energy results with beam.

They observed with some uncommon substrates (Sr Li) uncommon branching ration, with for example mostly protons+tritium and not He3 with neutrons.

Neutrons are very bad for application of fusion in space technology (need shielding, thus weight), so it is of practical importance...

The results is supported by some calculations, showing new resonance.

Beside that he proposed as a poster an idea of a nanostructured mesh metamaterial that shlould feature a huge cross section (I did not understand why).

N

Philippe Hatt

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=25

presented his way to explain mass of neutrons and protons through his theory

Narayan Behera

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=25

explained how vaccuum polarization becaus eof strong EM field around deep electrons, could explain some significant tunneling effect, explaining LENR...

He is investigating "multiloop" quantum interaction for further finding.

Lynn Bowen

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=26

proposes theoretical explanation that LENR don't need new theory,as it is simply fusion, producing neutrons that are finally thermalyzed and absorbed, explaining observation in F&P style of experiments.

A. K Gillespie

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=26

presented their installations and instruments at Texas TU, FT-ICR realtime mass spectrometry wable to distinguish even 3He/3H/4He/D2/DH/DT but also measure 20Ne/40Ar for detection of air contamination.

They have a liquid ditrogen calorimeter, able to work with the mass spectrometer in real time.

They propose collaboration, commited to respectin Intellectual Properties and NDA if result fails until common agreement to publish.

Alexey Ivanchuk

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=27

presented his research about strange effect with used car engine spark plugs, where strange tracks are observed in blank DVD disk.

He improved the sensibility of the detection by adding a layer of soot.

Effect is not observed on unused spark plug, but identified above working engine or car exhaust, but not other place in the car.

Work to be continued. Some proposed to send him CR39 material (quite similar in fact, a resin that keep track of some radiation).

Gokul Das H

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/iccf-25/files/ICCF25-book-of-abstracts_final.pdf#page=27

continues on their work at CleanHME

about differenciating different events in their beam experiment, through their instruments.

Here distinguishing direct fusion products and backscattering outcomes...

NB:

Later during the poster I could ask more question, and I understand the plan of CleanHME behind their experiments with hydrogen beams.

The idea is that the theory explains that beam cause fusion, but at mild energy resonance and screening cause great enhancement of the fusion compared to what coulomb barrier should allow. Moreover those resonances and screening are sometime even greater than what is suspected today, and they work on adjusting many conditions (like impurities on the target) to identify unexpected resonance, and also by instrumentation, to identify products and anomalies.

The idea of that work is that once more things are controlled, understood and identified, maybe fusion are room temperature without beam can just be obtained following what is known.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• They also noticed som oxygen concentration at the surface, and charaterized it with XPS and EDX, with isotopic ratios, depth comparison, finding it could not be explained by surface oxydation (they tested oxydation this way).

I think they concluded that increased oxidation correlates with more excess heat. I wish I could watch the video again to confirm that. It was at 3 a.m. my time, so it was hard to understand or remember.

These videos are not online, even for virtual participants, as far as I know. I meant to ask the conference organizers when the videos will be available, but I forgot to.

• I remember two independent references to oxygen, one is that oxygen appears linked to excess heat events in gas permeation (Japanese experiment I think), another is that oxygen at very low dose can improve the screening factor in beam experiment (Clean HME)...
    To be confirmed by competent person.

Beside that yesterday, and before in various articles, I remember that oxydization may improve material structure, if followed by reduction.
    even Edmund Storms talk about that...

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Tomorrow..

Maybe Ben Barrowes will answer about the silicon spot on his palladium..

back in March...

"

Barrowes plans to analyze the silicon to see if it is natural or made in a nuclear process.

“There is another area where we used a blue laser and that also has silicon,” he said. It’s not very much — only approximately 1 micron thick — but that is about the size of the blue laser, and it’s located in the spot where it was positioned. It’s fascinating. It could be contamination, or it could be nothing.”"

Revisiting cold fusion possibilities for clean energy
    With global attention becoming increasingly focused on climate change, more and more scientific research is turning to advancements in clean energy. One…
    www.erdc.usace.army.mil

• Listening to Bin Juine Huang, talking of his further adventures with cavitation systems. Many test runs only give COP's of 1-2. However, what appears to be very well don e mass spectroscopy by real experts indicates the presence of anomalous elements, for example (and mysteriously) Neon 22.

• Listening to Bin Juine Huang, talking of his further adventures with cavitation systems. Many test runs only give COP's of 1-2. However, what appears to be very well don e mass spectroscopy by real experts indicates the presence of anomalous elements, for example (and mysteriously) Neon 22.

That’s precisely one of the talks I wanted to be able to see. Thanks for the insights.

• Alexey Ivanchuk

https://iccf25.com/conf-data/i…stracts_final.pdf#page=27

presented his research about strange effect with used car engine spark plugs, where strange tracks are observed in blank DVD disk.

Here are my notes from this.

This is an array of large, used spark plugs. I guess about 100 (10 x 10). They are placed in square wood board, with the plugs poking through. The board is placed with the spark plugs pointing down, above a gap of about 1 cm. The CD disks are placed below the gap, not touching the spark plugs. Tracks appear on several of them. No tracks appear with unused plugs.

They also tested this by placing CD disks in sealed packages next to internal combustion engines that idled for a few hours. Tracks appeared on them. A CD placed in a sealed package in the passenger compartment did not show any tracks.

Someone pointed out that a CD disk is CR-39, so perhaps they can erode the surface and find evidence for neutrons, the way Boss, Forsley and others have done. The tracks they have found now are on the surface, mainly in the soot. I think he said they also found tracks scratched into the surface of CDs that did not have soot on them. [Yes, pretty sure about that.]

• This is a follow up of prior work done by many others to confirm some predictions, mainly that any spark is an EVO carrier. The use of CDs is the Russian way to keep experimental costs low and affordable. I have seen many papers and presentations using the CDs as track collecting material. Some still think this is just scrathes, but the consistency of the evidence is interesting and worth further exploration.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.