ResearchGate

• Missed this from last September (2023)

ACS, Elsevier, and ResearchGate resolve litigation, with solution to support researchers

https://www.researchgate.net/press-newsroom/acs-elsevier-and-researchgate-resolve-litigation-with-solution-to-support-researchers

ACS and Elsevier, members of the Coalition for Responsible Sharing, have agreed to a legal settlement with ResearchGate that ensures copyright-compliant sharing of research articles published with ACS or Elsevier on the ResearchGate site. The lawsuits pending against ResearchGate in Germany and the United States are now resolved. The specific terms of the parties’ settlement are confidential.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Frogfall

Changed the title of the thread from “ResearchGate getting cosy with publishers” to “ResearchGate”.
  • Problems with ResearchGate

I know they have been messing about with the site recently, doing things like removing the "RG Score" (which was fairly meaningless), and removing "projects", however it now seems impossible to display a list of the researchers you are following.

If you visit a researcher's profile, you can still click on "follow" - but there currently seems to be no way to find out who you are already following. The only thing you can list is the papers, questions, and topics that you are "following".

There still seems to be a way to see who else is following your own profile - although the link seems well hidden.

Anyone know what is going on?

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• I used to think RG had too mucj Facebook features like those you mention now gone, but I came to like many of those to keep up with the people one follows, and now they made it not easy. Really don’t know what is going on, but I find RG is not as useful as it was.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Yeah, some of the changes seem to have made it worse in many ways.

I do wonder whether some users were doing "mass followings" - since I now have quite a number of followers that I've never interacted with, downloaded papers from, or followed - and I haven't even uploaded any articles. I did used to comment on questions - but I've not done that for a couple of years.

I guess they have been rather busy with their legal cases - so possibly ignored development for a while in case they had to shut down.

I used to find it better than Academia.edu - but I'm not so sure now.

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.