Oleksii Ivanchuk’s Spark Plugs

• Like a number of people here, I was intrigued by the Abstract for the Oleksii Ivanchuk presentation. So much so that it was the first video I watched on the (password protected) archive.

This is the open (but poorer quality) video on youtube:

Oleksii Ivanchuk - ICCF25 - Detection of LENR in Spark Plugs
    Lecture: Oleksii Ivanchuk - Ukraine#iccf #solidstatefusion #lenr #anthropocene Please hit that like button and if you haven't subscribed yet we would appreci...
    www.youtube.com

As a quick reminder, here are his conclusions:

Note that there is a related (and highly relevant) thread, that was started by Alan in 2019:

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• I would take issue with the conclusion that the detection of plasmoids indicates LENR reactions are definitely occurring - but I think his point about the possible health implications are quite valid.

As mentioned above, this is something that is also discussed in the Ed Lewis "Plasmoids and Health" thread.

At first glance it would seem that the absence of markings on DVDs stationed inside the car, during the 3 hour idling test, supports the idea that steel sheet could be be good as a shielding material. The absence of marks on the DVD near the resonator box, which appears to have been in the engine bay, seems to support the idea that the plasmoids don't simply "bounce around" - but get blocked (or absorbed) by items within, or surrounding, the bay.

If this is the case, then any plasmoids being emitted by the "business end" of the working spark plugs should have been trapped inside the combustion chamber - which suggests that the DVDs were picking up something that might have been emitted by the ignition leads (which were alongside). This does not sound unreasonable, since it is quite easy to feel "jolts" if you place your hand close to a working lead (not that I've done that for many decades).

The marks on the DVD that was close to the exhaust is a lot more worrying, of course.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• The marks on the DVD that was close to the exhaust is a lot more worrying, of course

The idea that EVOs / plasmoids / FTMs / MBLs (or however we agree the phenomena should be named) are present in the gases had a quite impressive visual confirmation in one video of the so called “Thunderstorm” reactor that was recently analized by Bob Greenyer. This reactor is somewhat similar to the so called “GEET” of Paul Pantone, meaning that it uses friction, water and the temperature of the exhaust gases to be recycled to the combustion chamber and reduce fuel consumption, increasing apparent engine efficiency.

In the Thunderstorm video, you can see the EVOs “leaking” through the reactor’s wall and also going out and back in.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The paper of Priakhin et al about the biological effects of the so called Strange Radiation on biological systems is quite an interesting read. To some extent has links to the Rout et al paper about fogging of X rays, in the sense that they tried several “shielding materials”.

https://sci-hub.se/downloads/2020-12-21/75/priakhin2020.pdf

This is precisely why Bob Greenyer is teaming up with the people of the Thunderstorm reactor, to see how exposed they are to this potential hazzard.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Unfortunately, this stuff reminded me of these papers from 1990 and 1995:

Mortality from brain cancer and leukaemia among electrical workers.

Overview of occupational exposure to electric and magnetic fields and cancer: advancements in exposure assessment.

Interestingly, the researchers had difficulty trying to show a link between exposure to electromagnetic fields, and the incidence of particular cancers - although there was still a link to occupation. It suggested that the fields, per se, were not the problem - and that there was something more mysterious going on. :(

• I think that there are a few more things I'd like to know about the exhaust test.

e.g.

1. Is the photo a true record of the DVD location for the whole test?

2. Was the car fitted with a catalytic converter? (it seems many cars in Ukraine still don't use them)

3. Does the exhaust system have a mesh filled expansion box and silencer box (muffler), or are they hollow?

Maybe Oleksii would be willing to join the forum (has anyone asked him?)

If anyone here is going to have a go at this (and I think I will), then we need to make sure we record as many details of the engine-to-tailpipe arrangement as possible, along with the results. I'd also like to see similar tests on the exhaust of some Diesel cars.

Funnily enough, I have known a couple of people over the years who have had long-term issues with a patch of skin on a leg that has been briefly "squirted" with exhaust gas. These were not burns from touching a hot tailpipe. One, I think, happened when push-starting a car, and the other was just from getting close to the rear of an idling car to remove something from the boot (trunk). The patches were still red and itchy for years after, even though they apparently didn't feel like serious burns to start with.

I've googled exhaust burns - but all results seem to be related to touching hot exhaust pipework. There seems to be little research out there on exhaust gas burns (unless anyone here knows better).

Research on exhaust effects on humans all seems to be related to inhalation - such as this paper: Investigation into pedestrian exposure to near-vehicle exhaust emissions

• Getting back to the spark plugs...

It would be interesting to see the result of a test Stevenson carried out on a LEC, by connecting a used spark plug to a computer audio a/d circuit.

For that matter, it would also be interesting to see a used spark plug tested for voltage, in place of a WE, in a normal LEC arrangement.

• Here’s the presentation of Bob Greenyer, the “plasmoids” are shown in a video that was sent to Bob, shown about the timestamp 1:41:20 .

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The 'exposed' DVD is have received was pre-marked with exposure locations. It has not been etched - an interesting observation is that if you breath on it the condensation lingers around the damage zones...a surface charge effect that lingers, perhaps.

• the “plasmoids” are shown in a video

I've seen simliar "sparkles" (sparks) in heat treatment ovens - from hot steel.

In the video, the surface they were coming from was rather hot, after all - and wasn't in an inert atmosphere (just in air).

How come these "plasmoids" are visible, and look remarkably like oxidation sparks, when whatever "things" are causing the marks on the DVDs are invisible?

Maybe the DVDs really are being hit by tiny flying lumps of dirt - that skid across the surface. But that still doesn't explain what is propelling those lumps.

Edited 2 times, last by Frogfall ().

• The 'exposed' DVD is have received was pre-marked with exposure locations. It has not been etched - an interesting observation is that if you breath on it the condensation lingers around the damage zones...a surface charge effect that lingers, perhaps.

Thanks. This does sound more like physical surface damage from something skidding across the surface. And maybe it has left the local surface acting like an electret...

• Did you soak the DVD in sodium hydroxide afterwards?

Nope. The old recipe claimed a bare DVD or CD-R would act as a radon and strange radiation detector, which is what I was testing. I didn’t have any known strange radiation source on hand.

Anyways, a poor radon detector indeed, or any U decay chain particle detector really.

I still have the DVD carefully stored away. It looks nothing like images shown claiming radon tracks, or strange tracks on DVDs and CDs. It looks like nothing happened at all, at all scales.

• Anyways, a poor radon detector indeed, or any U decay chain particle detector really.

My guess is that the radon, and other daughter products, along with the majority of the alpha particles, are still stuck inside the lump of pitchblende. Even the betas would have been largely trapped. Mabe your scintillation meter was reacting to secondary X-rays.

I guess some hydroxide etching might reveal a few, otherwise invisible, tracks through the polycarbonate.

But whatever this "strange radiation" is - it is well named. It doesn't seem to behave like normal ionising radiation.

• the local surface acting like an electret

It seems polycabonate is quite a good material for making electrets. Just briefly take it up to the glass transition temperature (149C), in a strong electric field, and on cooling the polarised molecules become "frozen in".

In terms of the tracks seen on the DVDs, it could mean that some "thing" is simultaneously heating the surface whilst subjecting it to an electric charge. However, the "thing" seems to pass along the surface - rather than tunnelling though it - and (as Aleksii's video shows) the damage is similar to the scratches that can be induced by lightly rubbing DVDs together, just with ordinary house dust trapped between the surfaces.

Also from the video, blowing dust off the DVD surfaces, following exposure to the "things" leaves dust adhering to the "tracks". However, it is unclear whether that is because the dust is physically embedded in the polymer, or because the tracks are holding on to the dust through surface charge.

Some of the patterns do remind me of a Kármán vortex street - but are clearly on a much smaller scale than we are used to.

Compare that to some of the tracks through soot, produced by old spark plugs, shown on the video.

• There is a paper here, published in 2006 in the Annales de la Fondation Louis de Broglie, of work that was originally presented at ICCF-11 (2004).

Low Energy Generation of the “Strange” Radiation - by N.G. Ivoilov

In it, the author proposes some kind of "magnetic monopole" hypothesis.

One of the names that has been used to refer to the phenomena that causes the traces.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.