Many downloads at LENR-CANR.org in December 2023

• See:

LENR-CANR.org Total Downloads

LENR-CANR Downloads
    Sheet1 Month,Downloads,Cumulative downloads 10/2002,396,396 11/2002,1,302,1,698 12/2002,2,417,4,115 01/2003,2,798,6,913 02/2003,3,127,10,040…
    docs.google.com

Total downloads were 27,257. That is the most since 2017. The ratio of visits to downloads was lower than usual, meaning several visitors downloaded a large number of files.

I do not know why this happened. Perhaps it was because I uploaded many new papers from the collection that Ed sent me. I have been looking at the data all month, but I cannot find a specific reason or a set of new readers. I am sure the downloads are not coming from any named robot or well known robots, such as the robot readers that Google sends around to index websites. Some of the large batch downloads are definitely coming from people, not robots. Dave Nagel and some others are conducting AI tests which involve downloading thousands of papers. I know about that, and I excluded their sites, so the total of 27,257 does not include their work.

On the evening of December 31, LENR-CANR.org exceeded the monthly bandwidth quota and the site locked up. That was not supposed to happen! I saw it was coming weeks ago, and I paid the ISP for an upgrade to prevent it. (The cost is moderate and there are advantages to the service upgrade.) They did not get around to upgrading it in time. Fortunately, it was only shut down for 5 hours. That is annoying. I will get on their case this month quickly, before we again approach the quota. The ISP, https://jumpline.com/, was recently bought out by another company. They seem disorganized.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.