RobertBryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney,Australia
  • Member since May 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by RobertBryant

But please Robert show mercy

It beats me, but if anyone else can understand him I'll shut up and let them continue the dialog.

I guess THH has not not shut up?

Mercy is from above.. dropping as the gentle rain as Portia said..

"“Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; mercy and truth go before Your face.” Psalm 89:14."

Face-to-face Sunday service in NSW has resumed today... No more Zoom for the the time being..

but the Australian (nonHCQ) CFR is starting to rise .. 118/11400 = 1%... She'll be right maybe...or maybe not

God have Mercy on OZ..

perhaps THH is striving to contort the former chart..

I don't know because he still hasn't given the link...

perhaps THH cannot figure out from the context Covid-19 (WuFlu) News

and the words "maybe" and 'confounding variables" that I am not 100% convinced for political or other reasons ( to quote THH)

of the relationship posted... for that matter neither is 'gummi bear'

but it is interesting.. Canada at 8% sort of fits into the red.

"God defend NZ" because their splendid isolation is not gonna last for long... perhaps they will emulate Costa Rica.. with early HCQ for all..

Note THH .. please read the context. and do not contort with double negatives.

THH wrote"

"For example in your reply here you do not accept that the CFR comparison does not work

"

Which reply THH?

"Where did I state "I do not accept the CFR comparison does not work?"

Please direct me.. to my reply to what? Link please..

I think you have contorted and false logic in this instance and are making it up...

For example in your reply here you do not accept that the CFR comparison does not work

THH ... I cannot follow your contorted and inaccurate logic... which reply.. to who ... and where

where did I state "I do not accept the CFR comparison does not work?"

A double negative???? I said maybe.. and you contort into a double negative?

i

I feel a few of your replies are more about attention-seeking argumentation than the substance of Covid.. and in fact are misdirection and distraction.

Were you more interested in the argument

I am not interested in rhetorical argument which has a "recipe for cheating"

However if you are interested.. gummi bear has quite an interesting thread following his (not my) June CFR graph..

there might be some IFR there.. but country by country and state by state comparisons are flawed.. which is common knowledge.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This thread is spreading dangerous disinformation with biased "HCQ is a miracle cure"

Classic THH rhetoric..

I like the d d alliteration but deadly dangerous disinformation would be more effective

with miracle madness cure

Caveat It is"Not based on an RCT and THH is 100% convinced   " for political or other reasons"

"Is this thread not more about Rossi"

Truth ..so it is .. and tennis

Of course ITER does not have Cillford algebra.. whereas Rossi does... they are both farces.. but in different ways..

although there may be tiny truth in both... it is surrounded by a sea of farce like .. the weak farce(Rossi) or the strong farce(ITER)....

which may be truth's truth or not..

"These publications surely corroborate what I wrote on Researchgate.

The main difference is that the the authors did not use the Clifford algebra, using instead the normal algebra:

this wraps up their theoretical intuition in the fog of a complicated mathematical formalism

that makes them lose the view of the actual electrons matter.

Where we see the spiral movement of the electron, they see a space tortion.

Closest to what I wrote is the Nobel lecture of Dirac

, wherein he had the intuition of the zitterbewegung and of the fact that an electron,

although a Fermion, can have vibrations at the speed of light, while his trajectory has a slower speed.

The sole thing your comment is wrong about is the point related to my tennis familiar confrontations.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

The efficacy of HCQ may be assessed..

Maybe... the 14% CFR looks OK from raw data for the UK

but NZ which never used HCQ AFAIK has a CFR of only 1.4%

similar to Costa Rica/Senegal

and should be in the red portion..

it makes a big difference when the national health system is overworked by a high number of cases..

as in the UK... and there are other confounding variables

Senegal appears to be going up slowly... now 1.8%.... but they don't have as much facilities as CR which now has a CFR down to 0.4%

as gummi bear said

"

It's not perfect as HCQ was also used in Belgium and Spain and later in Italy,

but the idea is that Western Europe as a whole never embraced the 'treat early and often' strategy. Mostly they tried it with sick patients,

didn't work..moved on. They mainly followed the WHO position

I guess Dr Been is not 100% convinced about Remdesivir "for political or other reasons" despite its RCT..

I am not 100% convinced by his advice about Zinc plus 500-1000 mg Quercetin

but I did buy some for $30 ...today 60 tablets enough to last 6x 5days..

I figure $30 is not such a high cost versus the possiblity of death..

I looked hard but could not find any RCTS.... perhaps Gilead will do one soon? Q+Zn head on head with Remdesivir..

Meryl Nass, MD

Just publicising (jumping on;)) Dr Nass.

She seems quite well-informed and armed against ad hominems inter alia...

Here is her recent submission re: vaccines mandate

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

time mark 6.42 "undesirable results are massaged until they look acceptable" .."and I have given you three examples"

The dean ( the big honcho) of the School of Pharmacy at Sydney University told me in 2006

" You've got to massage and massage your data... to make it more effective"

I always remember that.advice . I was always an amateur..

but BigPharma are professional masseurs...

Despite nowhere published results the Gilelad crap Remdesivir

Jumping on ... (I defer to THH rhetoric)

the latest NIH publication https://www.covid19treatmentgu…viral-therapy/remdesivir/

"

"There are insufficient data for the Panel to recommend either for or against the use of remdesivir

for the treatment of patients with mild or moderate COVID-19.

In the preliminary analysis of ACTT, there was no observed benefit for remdesivir in people with mild or moderate COVID-19; however, the number of people in this category was relatively small. Remdesivir is being evaluated in another clinical trial for the treatment of patients with moderate COVID-19; complete data from this trial are expected soon. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for remdesivir limits its use to people with severe COVID-19

"Remdesivir significantly reduced time to recovery compared to placebo (median time to recovery was 11 days vs. 15 days,

respectively; recovery rate ratio 1.32; 95% CI, 1.12–1.55; P < 0.001).

"The mortality estimate by Day 14 was lower in the remdesivir arm than in the placebo arm

(7.1 % and 11.9% in the remdesivir/placebo arms, respectively)

but the difference was not statistically significant (hazard ratio [HR] 0.70; 95% CI, 0.47–1.04"

Caveat... although based on a RCT..."At the time of publication, the full dataset was not available for analysis."

l

I was wondering about the mortality for the length of the trial which I think was a bit longer than 14 days

what happened to those patients at the end of the trial? how many on the Gilead Balm died on Day 15,16,17 ...and how died many on the placebo?

why did they not continue the trial for 28 days?

there was an earlier smaller trial with 28 days showing this

"The 28-day mortality rate was similar for the two study arms

(14% and 13% in the remdesivir/placebo arms, respectively)

the full ACTT data set might show some longer term mortality rate ? is the full data set ready some time after May 22.. or July 18?

Jumping on certain politicised treatments which looked initially promising, which have never at any time had good RCT evidence, and where the RCT evidence so far is negative, is counterfactual. Publicising the people who for political or other reasons are 100% convinced these treatments work, on the basis of personal experience (unreliable because of 2,3,4,5), without strong caveats

, is unbalanced. You have consistently been doing this.

THH as ever makes a twisted narrative ..with rhetoric...

"jumping on" ?... so the publlcation of these articles on this thread is "jumping on"!!!!!

I guess this publication constitutes jumping   bias unless done without Dr THH "caveats" whatever they may be..

Do LF readers really need Dr THH " caveats or "" Dr THH counterfactual" rhetoric to judge for themselves.?? "Batty as it sounds"

So Dr Fareed 's evidence is to be dismissed by Dr THH because it is not RCT

and it is for "political or other reasons",,

What other reason would Dr Fareed have for publicizing except to save patient lives?

and what other reason for saying that "by far the best tool " versus "remdesivir, dexamethasone, convalescent plasma replacement, etc."

except his experience with patient treatment recovery?

So at the risk of being accused of bias and jumping on I will do a triple jump and publicise this on LF again.

of course Dr Fareed may have slightly more knowledge than' balanced' Dr THH

but for the naive and unschooled reader . I defer to the learned Dr THH

Caveat ".this is not an RCT and Dr Fareed is 100% convinced by "political or other reasons"

..............................................................................................................

And neither is Dr Fareed from California going to back down.

"Local doctor pushing proven treatment of COVID into national debate" https://www.thedesertreview.co…ea-8943-4f707d6ebc1a.html

"My name is Dr. George Fareed. I am a physician in Imperial County, California,

that has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.13143-5f0cc857cf6ec-image-1-jpg

I take care of patients on both an outpatient and inpatient basis, as well as nursing home patients

, the most vulnerable among us.

In this letter, I am proposing a medical strategy that can help us not only through this current crisis

, but also that will enable us to approach outbreaks of COVID-19 that may occur in the future.

In my attempts to keep people alive, I have had an opportunity to use many different types of treatments

— remdesivir, dexamethasone, convalescent plasma replacement, etc.

Yet, by far the best tool beyond supportive care with oxygen

has been the combination of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), with either azithromycin or doxycycline, and zinc.

This "HCQ cocktail" (that costs less than $100) has enabled me to prevent patients from being admitted to the hospital

, as well as help those patients that are hospitalized.

The key is giving the HCQ cocktail early, within the first five days of the disease.

Not only have I seen outstanding results with this approach, I have not seen any patient exhibit serious side-effects.

To be clear — this drug has been used as an anti-malarial and to treat systemic lupus erythematosus as well as rheumatoid arthritis,

and has over a 50-year track record for safety.

It is shocking that it only now is being characterized as a dangerous drug