RobertBryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney,Australia
  • Member since May 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by RobertBryant

Onion soup is easy and delicious

Thanks Ruby ...Definitely.. delicious depends on the recipe

My memories of onion soup at Cambridge U in the seventies were of an insipid milky fluid with a fancy French name..

The recipe at Reading U probably has more taste. .. you can make it in batches and freeze it..

There are Q-rich onions..apparently.. the brown onions( chartreuse) have more Q than red onions..

On average only about 2% of the ingested Q gets into the plasma..... fat may improve/prolong absorption..

https://www.cambridge.org/core…_in_man_a_pilot_study.pdf

"

Batches of..high- and low-quercetin onions (Femia et al. 2003)

were used to prepare high- and low-quercetin onion soups.

The soups were prepared in the same manner on the same
    day in one batch and then frozen.. For each person,
    chopped onions (500 g, equivalent to approx. three mediumsized onions)

were added to 500 ml boiling water and blanchedfor 2 min.

The onions were then drained (retaining the blanching
    liquid) and added to a large saucepan containing 25 g butter and
    7·5 ml refined olive oil before being fried for 10 min

until they started to brown.

Meanwhile, 1·5 rounded teaspoons of Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder

(Marigold Health Foods, London, UK) was added to the blanching liquid to make a stock,

and this was then added to the fried onions.

The saucepan was then covered and left to simmer for 30 min.

The soup was left to cool and then liquidised;..

A variant on an ancient Irish hymn

Be thou my Vison.. O LENR of my heart

Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art

Thou my best Thought, by day or by night

Waking or sleeping, LENR my light..

There is a video... done at home..

I thought Jed was in it

but it is from North Carolina.. not Georgia

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Evidence about use of hydroxychloroquine alone, or of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin in inpatients,

is irrelevant concerning efficacy of the pair in early high-risk outpatient disease.

Five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy.

Hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin has been used as standard-of-care in more than 300,000 older adults with multicomorbidities,

with estimated proportion diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmias attributable to the medications 47/100,000 users, of which estimated mortality is <,9/100,000 users,

For comparison ,the mortality rate of aspirin is ~15/100,000 users.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/…/10.1377/hlthaff.26.3.636

Perhaps oncologist Stephen Hahn will need an aspirin? Then he get it from the grocery

However Hahn appears to have already released the HCQ stockpile for outpatients..? officially 29 May..

"Since the hydroxychloroquine product is FDA-approved for other uses with a prescription,

the donation agreements also allowed for it to be distributed for clinical trials

and to the commercial market for use in the outpatient setting,

https://www.fda.gov/news-event…esponse-covid-19-pandemic

BUT the FDA still cautions on the use of HCQ in outpatients and neglects to include the mortality rate of 9/100,000 in outpatients in the caution..

If only they said the toxicity of HCQ is less than Aspirin..!

"https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

"The FDA is aware of reports of serious heart rhythm problems in patients with COVID-19 treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, often in combination with azithromycin and other QT prolonging medicines. We are also aware of increased use of these medicines through outpatient prescriptions.

Therefore, we would like to remind health care professionals and patients of the known risks associated with both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.

Dr. Harvey Risch on the war against hydroxychloroquineJul. 21, 2020 - 3:48 - Dr. Harvey Risch, epidemiology professor at the Yale School of Public Health, joins Laura Ingraham with insight on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

https://youtu.be/vfF4_peyG1I?t=41

"

Good evening.. Laura

so this is of course hydroxychloroquine the word that nobody should ever say according to half the population

it's a political drug now not a medical drug and that's caused the complete population ignorance

and I think we're basically fighting a propaganda war against the the medical facts and this colors not just the general population people how they think about it

but doctors as well

and there are many doctors saying that all the evidence is bad for it

and in fact that's not true at all

and it's easy to show that the evidence all the evidence is actually good for it when it's used in outpatient settings

shouldn't Stephen Hahn at the FDA come out and say look we're not going to micromanage your decisions and and let this go?

yes it would be game-changing

in fact all of the discussion that you had earlier on about how to manage going forward through September October and into next year will change

if there's prevention and treatment that works

that's available and that's safe and that is in fact the case

but the problem is of course that nobody wants to hear it and nobody lets it out

Dr Risch ....I knew politics was corrupt so I've been covering it for decades

and I knew the law has a lot of corruption because I was a lawyer ..for a long time

but I didn't know that you could have so much corruption in the medical field ..it's stunning to me

I think there's been a lot and we hardly know the extent of it

both from the drug companies and from political contrivances and and so on

I think it's very difficult ,and circumstances now are difficult

Dr Risch .. finally

do you think thousands of lives could be saved going forward if they released that hydroxy stockpile

and even gave itas a prophylactic like India has done and other countries have done for frontline workers if they wanted it?

I think 75,000-100,000 lives will be saved if that happens ..

The Risch report is here

https://academic.oup.com/aje/a….1093/aje/kwaa093/5847586

There is soybean-free natto too

but it is not called impossible natto

Many people find natto impossible anyway but there are a few natto aficionados

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Short term benefit is not the interest of big pharma, They want 400$/year for the rest of your live plus a chance to treat more damage.

There is a book about BIGPHARMA corruption from...

the POV of Scottish GP. Kendall

I have serious doubts if the Profit motivation of BigPharma is going to provide an affordable solution for global COVID..

Here is Kendall's blog

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/…ce-in-the-covid-pandemic/

"

I’ve lost all trust in medical research – the financial muscle of Big Pharma has been busy distorting science during the pandemic

Evidence that a cheap, over-the-counter anti-malarial drug costing £7 combats COVID-19 gets trashed.

Why? Because the pharmaceutical giants want to sell you a treatment costing nearly £2,000. It’s criminal.

A few years ago, I wrote a book called Doctoring Data...

I also pointed out some of the tricks, games and manipulations that are used to make medications seem far more effective

than they truly are, or vice-versa. This, I have to say, can be a very dispiriting world to enter

BTW here is Kendall's youtube about statins.. the quiet VIOXX.

External Content youtu.be

But how does the world find a BIgPharma-free Covid solution?

In vitro Quercetin does have a toxic effect when taking long term (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18756631/)

The invitro model used by the researchers here is human cell lines that

are already subject to the toxic effects of a synthetic chemical OHDA..

This model is very different from the intact human body.

It is difficult to sort out from the abstract if the authors mean 'toxic' or 'non protective.'

I think they mean that at higher doses Q is nonprotective against OHDA toxicity ..does Kursiv have the whole article?

The intact human body is very different from a stressed isolated human cell line

Qurecetin is metabolised by many cells in the liver, intestine kidney etc

and I find it unlikely that quercetin reaches high levels anywhere

The vague notion that quercetin might be is a teratogen like thalidomide is foolish..

if that were the case then many vegetarians fruit eaters would have deformed children..

The human body has evolved in a quercetin-rich environment since Adam and the toxic apple... so to speak.

There is an excess of deformed children in Vietnam but that is due to dioxin.. which still remains

https://www.technologynetworks…-from-agent-orange-316112

The idea that toxicity observed with quercetin with certain lines of bacteria can be extrapolated to human foetal toxicty is foolish.

For instance paracetamol (acetominophen) has been observed to be toxic to the water flea Daphnia..

but that does not stop it being used routinely in pregnancy..

Paracetamol is one of those synthetic chemicals that the human body has not evolved with

but Pregnancy RCT's have not been done AFAIK.. .. of course maternal dogs are excluded..

https://link.springer.com/arti…11356-018-2517-x/tables/2

Covaxin safey trials start in India..

..Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates claimed the Indian pharmaceutical industry will be able to produce Covid-19 vaccines

not just for the country but also for the entire world. "India has a lot of capacity there — with the drug and vaccine companies

that are huge suppliers to the entire world. You know, more vaccines are made in India than anywhere —

starting with Serum Institute, that's the largest," he said.

https://www.livemint.com/news/…oints-11595148649077.html

Russian trials to finish August 3... then mass production..

"

According to the TASS, Kirill Dmitriyev, head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), said the next phase of clinical trials will end on Aug. 3, after which the third phase will be launched in Russia, Turkey, the UAE, and Africa.

“We expect approval from regulatory bodies in the Russian Federation in August, and immediately after that we plan to start mass production at the sites of the RDIF’s R-Pharm and Alium companies. We expect approval in other partner countries in September,” he said in a statement.

https://vietnaminsider.vn/covi…ine-is-now-getting-ready/

Oxford video Covid vaccine.. promising results.

researchers cautioned the project was still at an early stage.

External Content twitter.com

Vietnam ventilators $7000

https://www.voanews.com/covid-…entilators-fight-covid-19

reported 380 cases no deaths 97 million people

Pretty good stats...no HCQ AFAIK

the country isolation procedures are good..

in any case a Vietnamese /Thai diet with plenty of green veges is probably helpful for general health..

Coriander and a whole swathe of interesting names.. morning glory

Many people in Vietnam probably don't need any supplemental quercetin

http://www.stuartxchange.org/Kangkong

https://link.springer.com/refe…07%2F978-3-319-78030-6_44

Dr. Alam sees continuing success with Ivemectin treatment

Dr. Alam continued, “We use the drugs within 5-6 days on all patients (and almost all got cured). Actually it needs to conduct further study whether these drugs will be effective in case of use over time.” Thus far, he has used the combination of ivermectin and Doxycycline on “some 400-500 COVID patients since April.” . .....This clinical trial should conclude within a month.

2 died out of 400 ... seems good stats. so far... interested to see the details in a month,,

My impression of doctors is that they typically do little of their own research, but just follow the standard protocol, which as we know is largely based on what big pharma communicates to the medical community.

Sadly that is the case

My sister is one of them.. no statistics skills at all

She has a wonderful bedside manner though

but I am attempting to educate her about the possibility of HCQ in community treatment..

Sad to hear about your Dad...it doesn't seem that the long term benefits of statins are relevant to his situation..

maybe another statin holiday would be beneficial.. its worth a try.. see what happens to the fogginess.

I have heard anecdotes that the fog lifts ... but it is not well publicised.. the nonagenarians are not so vocal.. or vallued..

Coenzyme Q is just one more pill to swallow..many geriatrics have 10 to swallow

and the general tendency now is to reduce the number of medications in the elderly

because of the decreasing resilience of liver kidney etc unknown interactions..

You will no doubt wish to comment on the welcome fact that big Pharma

so why continue to post as though I am the big bad devil out to get you?

THH can keep picking stuff off the web to his heart's content to support his contention that quercetin

is similar to something like thalidomide..

is this the foetal case you were alluding to please confirm or not

did you mean THALIDOMIDE?? really

I don't consider this reasoning as 'common sense'

you will remember the famous cases of treatments that appeared safe and ended up causing birth defects

Of course the "standard advise is "maybe".

There are several birth defect cases with differences some not related to 'maybe' .

enlighten LF on which famous case of treatment

you need to remember that quercetin is a natural product found in many fruits so that the human body in general is adapted to handle it.

all pregnabt women have already been exposed to it especially if they eat watercress.

unlike thalidomide. or statins which are grown in testtubes

another problem is that the potential revenue for BIGPharma from new drugs like thalidomide is high so the motivation l for misreporting and massaging RCT results is high

whereas for quercetin the motivation is low because of its low cost..like hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324170#8-benefits..

there is no big money non patentable old drugs and natural products

but there is big money in Remdesivir..( note the full Remdesivir data is still not available.. yet the big Money check has been paid????)

https://helix.northwestern.edu…rug-safety-and-regulation

There is no'standard medical advise' as THH has postulated

WebMD is certainly not used by doctors... which he may not know "not being a doctor'

.. and there is YES NO and maybe depending on the drug. and the patient

. there are definite yes's and definite no's.. especailly in the different therapeutic guidelines that doctors use

the problem with a statin is that is not a food.... it has significant known side effects

and the yes's are based on slim evidence for the elderly nondiabetic noncardiac population.

https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3359

The problem with webmd on quercetin and on many natural or complementary products is

that webmd don't spend resources on data collection

there is more info out there..

which is probably why dear Yuki-San's physician recommended quercetin for her

He certainly did not consult Webmd...

I told his doctor, and he changed up the statin to another one.

Thanks Mark ..

Perhaps your Dad might ask his Dr about the risk/benefit RCTs for the nonagenerian set.. are there any?

There are many anecdotal reports, like this with the older group

These were never identified in the original massaged BigPharma trials

which never included the octogenarian, nonagerian set... yet statins continue to be prescribed to these veterans..

There is a sensible rationale for not prescribing Statins to this set

just a there is one for not prescribing to pregnant ladies.

Statins prevent Coenzyme Q synthesis

"Coenzyme Q10 is an important factor in mitochondrial respiration.

Primary and secondary deficiencies of coenzyme Q10 result in a number of neurologic and myopathic syndromes. "

Much of medical practice is not based on RCTS.. for better or worse.

The "standard advice" is:

the problem with the 'standard advice' is its got 'modals' in it like Maybe.. or likely

Example from Web MD

"When you take it as a food, quercetin is likely safe.

As a supplement, quercetin may be safe if you take reasonable amounts for a short time, such as 500 milligrams twice a day for 12 weeks.

Taken longer, the risks are unknown.

There is no Yes/No or RCT based info.. for most cheap supplements.

Not much of life is Yes No or RCT based. its maybe.

But in the case of Yuki-San , pregnant in her third tremester, her physician has not given her modal 'standard advice' he has advised her with

YES... Take quercetin plus D3.. plus a few other things.

the nonmodal webmd advice "DO not take quercetin in pregnancy " is not based on any RCTS with pregnant ladies

but just a general tendency for drs to aver from ANY drug/supplement in pregnancy..except folic acid for neural tube defect.

of course I have not followed the YES "WEbMD" advice on statin

External Content youtu.be

I advised my 92 year old Dad to cease statins..

his cholesterol was 141mg/dL .. the dr wanted to keep him on statins

but my Dad found that after ceasing statin he could again walk up the steep slope of his driveway

Maybe the statins were causing his 'getting old' MAYBE

But YES.. there are NO RCTs for statins for 92 yr old geriatrics

I have been taking 1000mg of Quercetin a day for around 2 months

At church yesterday... I talked to Yuki-san a young mother with two small children and in her third trimester of pregnaancy..

I am sure that few of the members on this forum are at risk of pregnancy

but we may have some interest via social connections,,

the CDC has finally made a pronouncement about the relevant Covid risk

"https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/special-populations/pregnancy-data-on-covid-19.html"

apparently there is evidence that pregnancy confers a greater risk of hospitalisation due to Covid..

Anyway .. Yuki- san has been taking VitD3 + quercetin + a few others for several months

She found it hard to swallow the big brown Q pill.

I suggested to her to grind it in a coffee grinder and mix it up with milk.. which is what I do.

The fat in th e milk will help a little with the absorption of quercetin which is fatsolublle... and is otherwise very poorly absorbed thru the gut.

Much of the Q ends up in the sewer.

there are of course ... lipid.. emulsified preps which are more expensive.

NO RCT yet. Chretien in Montreal has $1 million .. for a trial..since February . anyone know what' s up with that?

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecu…vid-19-in-china-1.5480134

I was looking at the price of bulk Q online it seems failry cheap.. ``1$/gm or 60c per 600 mg

https://purebulk.com/products/…re?variant=14294886973489.

Q use is based on poor evidence.. but it doesn't cost much..