Posts by Paradigmnoia

To me his writings were always part poetry, Greek mythology, politician, and then he gets to the science part. He is getting old, and maybe the science part is not so clear as you say, but that would beyond my experience level to determine.

I don’t mean the science part, or even the content specifically. It’s like a stream of consciousness first draft. Or note cards for a speech that we missed.

I don’t mean to be hard on the guy. But I am sure he is capable of a much better job. I hope he is OK.

I read that today. It seemed... a fair bit less clear than examples of his writing I have read before. Maybe it is a translation thing. Although I doubt that it is a paper from someone impersonating Stemmenos, it still left me wondering if he had written it when I got to the end.

There was a show I saw many years ago about an elderly couple who were volcano experts (vulcanauts they called themselves) and their dream was to witness a pyroclastic flow. Their dream came true, and they were incinerated.

There is another important emissivity correction that will bring the paper to it’s knees.

Plus it deals with the Recursive Dummy vs the Dot-Calibrated Dummy. There are both.

Tears for the careers tarnished by the Lugano report.

The Ones Who Knew should have said something before it became too late.

Bumping this over here...

Here is the source of the photo. Taken by the author of the story during a visit on Dec 14 2012. (small PDF)

http://www.borderlands.de/net_pdf/NET0113S13-15.pdf

I think I now have an idea of what is going on, intuitively. It will be complicated to demonstrate, but it should deal with the funky early ecat power.

1) There are four wires hooked up to the pre-flange type ecat.

2) Italy wiring code for 3 phase is:

Ground.........Yellow-green stripes

Neutral.........Blue

Phase1..........Brown

Phase2..........Black

Phase3..........Grey

The resistors are wired in series (apparently) but hooked up with 3 phases and a neutral. The meter is hooked up as though it is 3 phase 3 wire. Now think about that arrangement with probably the blue neutral hooked to a series connection (double wires into a connection block from the cylinder end). Imagine short phase angle control pulses for 360 W and 810 W longer pulses of 3 phase AC being fed into that arrangement. The current flow patterns in those cases I think could be quite complex. (I'll draw a little picture in a bit.)

The November test with the hot spot was hooked up the same.

THHuxleynew ,

The PCE photo came with 2 others, all of which I had not seen before, and definitely match the December Test, right down to the gloves next to the metal case and a red probe or pen in the same place on the table. The watch is in the same place. It was in a short German summary of the test.

The reactor at that time had the resistors wired in series, so there are only two power supply leads going to it. For there to be three wires connected to the PCE830, they must have connected to the wall outlet side of the controller. The PCE830 is set in the 3 phase,3 wire mode (indicated in the lower LH corner of the screen), which means 3 phases with no neutral wire. What I am wondering is if the meter was connected to single phase wiring with a neutral, while in the 3 phase 3 wire mode. Of course there seems to be no images of meters being connected that way on the web.

Perhaps this is the secret proof of an ecat making direct electricity. 35% time on pushing energy in, then gets hot and sends it all back for 65% of the time. But the damn controller hates it and gets very hot.

As I have said several times, the second Levi study seems legit to me, but by now it is overshadowed by the third Levi study and subsequent events, so I no longer put much stock in it. However, I cannot dismiss it because I do not know of any significant technical reason why it is wrong. (https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LeviGindication.pdf)

I tripped over this while walking down memory lane. Note the date on the watch, showing that it is during the second day of the December Test, 2011. The display shows the ecat slurping back 1.82 kWh when it is supposedly using only 360 W on average. If the Duty cycle thing was happening in December, it wasn't mentioned in the report. However, the kWh display should show a large reduction if it were operating on the 33% duty cycle, I think.

Note the negative power factor and negative total system power, indicating that power is flowing backwards.

Edit: Link added.

http://www.borderlands.de/net_pdf/NET0113S13-15.pdf

Nonsense. You have much to learn about scams and scammers. Rossi would have to be completely insane to be so deluded as to believe all the nonsense and obvious flagrant fakery and lying he pushes. There's nothing to suggest that he is crazy in that manner. There is every evidence of deliberate knowing precalculated and premeditated falsification of every significant claim he has made. I mean, really? You believe that Rossi has deluded himself into thinking he has robotic factories, military customers, and a staff of 50+ people? Completely non-credible.

Anyway, how do you or how would anyone know what hours Rossi works when he is away from his marks, and what it is that he is working on? Oh, I know. You're relying on what Rossi said.

The weekends at Doral had a very low "human load" on the electrical consumption compared to weekdays. (Note the supply dropping well below the ERV electrical consumption also, for three weeks). The "human load" is heaters, A/C, lights, fans, computers, etc. that would otherwise generally be turned off or have greatly reduced usage when no one is in a building.

LDM ,

Try this and see how it compares: (I haven't added all the 0.39 E data to the calculation sheet, just the final one). I used The Thermal Wizard for radiation/convection calculations rather than build a giant spreadsheet to handle all those details. I just dragged and dropped the results into the respective cells after inputting the necessary details. (It takes a little practice to grab the values without lopping off a digit, since a cut-paste doesn't work with the web page.)

The coil is 1.9 cm OD.

Files

• Test 7.zip

(678.98 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )

LDM ,

The Cylinder is 6.6 cm long. The coil ends 2.5 mm from the ends of the cylinder.

One end runs a bit cooler than the other; the Durapot seems to have separated from the coil slightly for a few wraps on one side (1/3 of the diameter) of the cooler end, and it is hotter on the opposite side in the same place. I have been measuring the cooler part. The excess on one side seems to balance out the cooler part, and the coil hasn’t burned out. This means I should be a little short when calculating radiant and convective power overall. So far it has been working out fairly close to COP 1. The cooler end I have also made 1.1 cm, instead of 1 cm for calculations.

The segments I have been using are (in order) : 1.1, 1.0, 2.5, 1.0, and 1.0 cm. The second last segment is almost always the same or slightly (1-5 C) higher than the 2.5 cm middle segment. The one end has been cooler right from day one.

The cylinder end faces (circle area) are complicated due to a lot of temperature variation from the center to the outside rim. For simplicity I use a flat plate model with the same area as the circle for calculating power, and use the respective end segment temperature and emissivity as the end face values. Seems to be a reasonable compromise, and actually quite close to IR pyrometer values. It was a complete nuisance to back the pyrometer over 1 m away to get a good average temperature over the appropriate focal area and by aiming precisely at the cylinder ends, but I did it enough times to convince myself that the above cheat method was close enough.

There are plenty of ways to improve the equipment and methods further, but that is beyond the original scope of the project. I welcome anyone else to make a replication in kind, and improve on whatever they want.

I am actually surprised at how much abuse this Cylinder has taken so far. It is still hooked up, so if there are any particular temperatures (within reason) or something that you would like to know or be tested, I can test them out for you.

The poured Durapot is certainly not as dense as manufactured extruded alumina (like the Rods in Lugano).

What is your measured temperature data ?

What is your difference between inside and outside ?

And where is your internal thermocouple located ? In the center ?

At 736 C outside, the core temperature is about 812 C, so about 80 C difference at that temperature.

The internal thermocouple is right in the center of the cylinder, both of the diameter and length.

The external thermocouple is cast into the outside surface, with the tip just visible in the casting.

Also, is your cast resting on the floor (tiles) or is there room between the tiles and the cast so that no heat is leaking away by contact ?

In any case it is preferred to have the cast at at least such a height above the floor that a normal convective heat flow can develop and that almost no radiated heat is reflected from the floor upwards again.

The casting is supported by the Kanthal A1 coil leads, which are doubled over and twisted so they are both strong enough to support the Cylinder and not get as hot as the coil itself, protecting the electrical connections. So the Cylinder is held about 6 cm above the fire bricks, supported only by thin wire (24 AWG x2) connected to the 14 AWG solid copper AC wiring by push connectors. I have considered removing one brick below the Cylinder so that reflected heat is not a problem.

Did you keep track of the room temperature and if it changed in that time frame compensated for it ?

Yes, I always have an ambient temperature thermocouple going. It rarely changes more than a degree from start to finish, unless experiments run for many hours.

There is an image of the Cylinder at 1107 C external T not too many posts back that shows the ambient sensor and has a description of it, It has radiant heat blocked by a fire brick.

Almost all experiments have a complete data log of all three thermocouples, and the thermocouple timestamps are used for all notes. (Since the cool down to ambient takes so long, I have been stopping the data logs around 150-200 C, since that is where the inside and outside temperatures tend to become the same.)

The real emissivity at 735 C is between 0.94 and 0.95 . It is probably 0.945, but the pyrometer only has two decimal places. I have calibrated the pyrometer from about 50 C all the way to 1107 C against the external thermocouple that is cast directly into the surface of the Cylinder.

LDM ,

I may have been confused as to where edge of the cylinder was in the slice image. So the lines are the coil? The core temperature still seems low compared to the real thing, but no need to split hairs at the moment.

The emissivity question is about something else, which is best tackled after the simulation behaves as good as is reasonable.

I am trying to recall - didn't Rossi try to say his method was not LENR or cold fusion?

Did he even claim he was system was based on LENR?

Andrea Rossi

April 3, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Dear Mr Rèmi Andrè:

We call it LENR (low energy nuclear reactions). I think it is fit.

Warm regards,

A.R.

Andrea Rossi

August 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Frank Acland:

The Rossi Effect, as a matter of fact, belongs to the cathegory of LENR, like Cats belong to the cathegory of animals.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Andrea Rossi

July 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Jona Hoffenbaum:

Should I comment all the BS that is published in the blogosphere, I couldn’t spare time to do my job.

I am focused on the tests on course on the 1 MW E-Cat installed in the industry of a Customer, the first LENR industrial plant of History. I want not to be disturbed by this kind of stuff.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

LDM ,

Do you suppose it is the hollow area in the center of the Lugano device that speeds up the settling time (less mass in the hardest place to heat)?

I can't see the ribs helping, but instead hindering the settling time a bit.

Also, how hard is it to change the emissivity settings for your simulation?