Posts by Paradigmnoia

can ,

It seems that the program on Rossi's computer is simply a relay timer connected by a USB cable connection, and the power to the reactor must be shut off manually with the switch. That means that the Relay Code on the laptop display might be an ANSI code.

For a nuclear reactor, it sure does have a lack of monitoring capability. The coupler seems to have survived many months, so I guess overheating doesn't happen much, if at all. Or maybe if it does overheat, just the bulb reactor itself fails harmlessly.

AA - your's is an increasingly lonely voice in what is turning into the earned and justified wilderness that was Planet Rossi.

I know all there is to know about that rust bucket piece of 1MW junk. 4 AAA batteries put out more power than that charade ever did. There was rust AND algae in its veins while it was running. What a howler.

Superheated water resistant algae? I hope someone took a culture of it.

How did he measure reactor temperature? I saw only 2 thermocouples for water in/water out.

Were there other ones?

The reactor temperature was "measured" by spectrometry combined with the Stefan-Boltzmann equation. The plastic irrigation coupler, which is opaque even at such high intensity, must ultimately absorb all that radiation. At least that which is not conducted away by the glass inner tube, which in turn must not conduct very much away or the water will not heat 20 C while it is inside the gap between the tube and the coupler body.

At the start of the heating of the water demonstration, the temperature rise time can also be evaluated, considering that there is a certain amount of water to heat, as well as the reactor. Without the water to heat, that temperature rise time should be significantly reduced.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the thermocouple for the hot water/reactor was stuffed into the reactor body water outlet area.

Yeah, but why do that if a larger E-cat with more surface area can deal with that along with maximizing the COP?

There is no positive COP for the QX when the Stefan-Boltzmann equation uses the tiny plasma dimensions. Therefore the problem of control and power density goes away.

Reduce the area of the radiant power for the Stefan-Boltzmann equation to the dimensions suggested above, and the apparent problem goes away.

Mary Yugo ,

You may be pleased to discover that a study just released shows that swallowing gel capsules of prepared poop has been shown to be just as effective as getting it into the intestine as other methods.

Several of the "validators" repeat paragraphs very similar to the one in the abstract above over and over in their reports. with small variations. It seems to come from a template. (Too lazy right now to see how similar the language is.

I recall saying almost the exact thing, (seems like a few years ago), regarding a BLP report.

Yes. down is on. 1 minute fix, not much quality control.

As a woodwork i have used hold-down clamps.

Question, with all the rivet joints in the clamp, can,t see it being a very good choice for transferring current for such a high tech device??(

I think there is a lot more then the switch upside down in the demo.

I checked the resistance of the clamps (new) and it is quite low, effectively near that of a solid wire, except when backed off, where they are loose, and where the bolt screws into the rod, if it is loose, or perhaps if it were rusty. Pressed in, the clamps have a cam that multiplies the lever force and there is substantial friction in the rod guide barrel.

I neglected to mention last night the DC effect when I inserted the isolation transformer in series, plugged into the power control box.

The 26 to 30 mV DC signal at 30 V true rms disappeared altogether over the 1 ohm resistor and the Slab. The DC volts were wildly fluctuating with the minus sign flashing furiously. At all voltages it was the same. No useable DC reading.

I hypothesize that the old DC mV signal was probably the noise from the supply and power control, which I guess means that is pretty clean AC. The isolation transformer removed the DC to neutral signal by operating only with AC passed by the transformer.

Any DC current going through the transformer windings would be Joule heating the transformer windings and maybe even mess with (bias) the magnetic properties of the transformer core. I'm working out how to safely add a switchable 12V DC bias to the secondary side without passing it through the transformer. Maybe a 100 to 300 mV DC bias too (first). That can probably go through the transformer without worry.

Mary, what you wrote is not a critique. It is simply infantile rejection, totally tangential, based not on your knowledge of science but upon your prejudices. You might be right about BLP, but reading your response would never convince anyone with a shred of curiosity that they had nothing. I notice that you missed the fact that the abstract mentions 'moles of gunpowder.' That is rather like talking about moles of cake.

I usually convert moles of gunpowder or dynamite to moles of cheeseburger. There are lots of data on the caloric value of cheeseburgers.

Isolation transformer works great. Semi-ominous transformer noise/vibration under heavy load, about 500+ VA, but no heat. 1 ohm resistor started smoking at 126 C, 5 A, (and temp still climbing). Shut it down for the night.

Checked the resistance of the 800 ohm set, which have been sitting since getting a good cooking yesterday.

805 ohms. No visible after effects.

In the QX, there is light that is coming from many and varied wavelengths. Rossi must be looking for the primary infrared line in the output spectrum on the assumption that that dominate infrared wavelength supports COP calculations based on heat output. The amount of energy produced by light is disregarded.

That spectrometer Rossi uses is fully capable of directly reporting the measured radiant flux calibrated to W/m2. Just need to shrink that down to the appropriate area, and there is the output power. No need for integrating a wavelength using Wien's Law, etc.

I took the Slab out of the circuit, and installed my 3 x 270 ohm resistors (806 ohm measured) in its place. Two voltmeters testing across one each of the 1 ohm resistor and the 800 ohms resistor set. At 30 V AC true rms, both meters read about 26 mV across the 1 ohm resistor. When one meter was placed across the 800 ohms, the one measuring the 1 ohm dropped to around 20 mV, while the 800 ohm meter read around 14 mV.

I cranked the supply voltage to as high as 100 V AC, and the 800 ohm group started to smoke a tiny bit, so I switched it off to cool. The DC voltage on both resistors dropped to half when the voltage was tripled. The 1 ohm resistor did not go over 20 C.

After watching the video again, I noticed Rossi turning the switch at the side of the covered control system on and and off several times. Each 'off' time, the waveform on the scope goes away completely. This means that the switch does not control the initiation spike only, but the entire output. If the spike is controlled separately, it is done by the laptop software control, or somewhere else.

I will do a little test, since my voltmeter seems to show, in DC mV, 1/1000 of the true rms AC volts across the entire system when testing DC across a 1 ohm resistor. It might be coincidence, so I will try a few different multimeters.

Edit: The test showed the same DC voltage (26.5 mV) on all three meters, and it dropped slowly as the input AC voltage was increased from 28 V true rms AC to 70 V by SSVR (triac-like waveform). I managed 4 amps through the 1 ohm 10 W resistor this time, and although the large 1ohm resistor was heating up fairly quickly, it was run like that for several minutes without it going over 100 C.