Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:
  • Unread Posts

Posts by Alan Smith

Let's still try to find a not very powerful aerodynamic turbine with a cylindrical cavity along its axis for reverse (exhaust) air flows. In general, are there such turbines?

The only turbines I know of with any kind of reverse air-flow through a hollow shaft are military turbo-jets. The have a hollow shaft which is blocked at the rear end, the idea being that centripetal force creates a high-pressure film of air which exits the open end of the shaft/tube at the front, creating a low pressure zone in the center which draws in cool air that finds it's way to the hot closed end of the tube before being centrifuged out in turn.

All other large aircraft and ship turbines use by-pass air created by fans attached to the main shaft. This air flows backwards of course, and mixes with the hot turbo-exhaust at the rear of the engine.

For a modest budget and small size you are pretty much stuck with IC engine turbocharger units. Still no reverse flow though.

A new replication of the LEC from a laboratory in China. A short study of one system, apparently work is ongoing. I have edited this for clarity at the request of the Author. so any mistakes are probably mine

EXPERIMENTAL REPORT ON REPLICATION OF LEC by QIURAN LABORATORY, XI'AN, CHINA

Zhang hang [email protected] CHEN [email protected]

ABSTRACT:-

The lattice energy converter (LEC) phenomenon was discovered by American scientist Frank
    Gordon working with Harper Whitehouse.. French scientist Jean Paul Biberian, Italian scientist
    Antonio Di Stefano and Alan Smith in the UK repeated the experiment. Our Qiuran
    laboratory carried out many experiments and observed the LEC phenomenon. The data we
    gathered are basically consistent with the data observed by foreign scientists.

Experimental Report on Duplicated Lattice Energy Converter.pdf

That is one reason I keep on offering to mods here to leave if they want that. But really, any decent funder would get info in other ways than this open board.

So you do, and we always say 'we want you to stay'. As for funders using this space for due diligence? Not in my experience, but they do use it to make potential contacts in the field.

My interest in LENR is that I like mysteries - an I like resolving them.

ETA. I don't think you can do that from a seat in the upper circle.

Let me turn to the question of the price of equipment for a ball lightning generator. If you take a ready-made turbine with a meter diameter of the blade ring

You could probably buy a 'end of life' fan-jet engine retired because of the hours it has run rather than a fault for around $1-200k. BUT- if you mess with the inlet air-stream you will probably get into trouble with tip-stall in the turbine blades and breakages.

THH however seems only focused on teaching us how wrong it all is, and it is quite frankly demotivating to even go the forum now, because THH is pretty much all I see and on top of that I read lots of comments from THH that are simply infuriating.

I actually enjoy showing him how wrong he is at times - though he seldom if ever acknowledges that. THH is a confirmed member of the 'I'm right so you must be wrong' school of discussion, but he has a place here, as you do if, like THH, you remember to be kind.

She also thought that comments should be reviewed for relevance before being posted.

What a wonderful idea. Who is going to do it though, we have 3 active mods kept busy enough as it is, because while the forum may seem to proceed in a fairly swan-like manner there is a lot of paddling required beneath the surface to make that happen.

All forums will attract obsessives, some more annoying than others. THH is at least civil, which is a good thing, though not always logical. He believes in the LEC results for example, but dismisses any suggestion that LENR is involved without offering any alternative suggestions for a mechanism that persists for years in the case of samples kept by Frank gordon.

There is BTW another LEC replication report (successful) which I will post soon in the appropriate thread - just querying the author on a few points.

This is neat. One question: has anyone tested the core temperature at the cold end when it heats up, to see if the heat is only on the outside or all the way through?

Ages ago I came across a patent that suggested this was the case. From memory it was to do with making tools - hot-forging one end (say) of a chisel blank -I really can't remember exactly - into a tang to fit into a handle and then flash-cooling it to make the heat 'rush' to the other end ready for tempering to the correct hardness. I think a search might turn up more on this phenomenon.

I was a bit surprised that Ed Storms thinks that phonons are only a surface phenomena. From reading Hagelstein I always understood (or perhaps I assumed, hard to tell now that I have had that thought in my mind for so many years) that phonons were considered a whole material phenomena.

Hagelstein does indeed consider phonons to be present in the bulk. Ed disagrees (he often does).

From Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen on linkedin...

I’m happy to share that I’m starting a new position as Principal Process Engineer at Scatec ASA! With a key focus on power to X, developing sustainable projects using renewable energy to produce Hydrogen, Ammonia and Methanol. I am looking forward to work for a more sustainable future.

With respect: NASA are not exactly the centre of the particle physics theoretical universe.

No, but I think NASA have more firepower than you imagine.

Now here's something to ponder. Ed thinks that phonons cannot exist in bulk metal, being a surface phenomenon. I think he's probably wrong. Here's a test that you might care to try and then explain the result. It is a phenomenon ignored by most physicists, but well known to most engineers - especially those who got their fingers burnt.

Take a piece of steel bar, 30 cms long x 1cm in diameter will do. Heat one end of it with a blowlamp as quickly as you can until it is bright cherry red. The end you are holding will barely become warm. Then plunge the hot end into around 10 cms of cold water. The cold end will almost instantly quickly get hot enough to burn your hand. No physics - and no tables of thermal conductivity - can explain that except for it being heat transport by bulk phonons moving through the lattice.

It is my opinion that this type of phenomenon - perhaps not mediated by phonons but by non-Bosonic EM - also occurs in cold fusion, whereby the energy of individual particle emissions is reduced by by that energy being shared throughout the bulk. Here's a paper which seems to suggest a mechanism, but then I am not a theoretician any more than you are.

ShieldSquare Captcha

Abstract

Coherent hopping of excitation relies on quantum coherence over physically extended states. In this work, we consider simple models to examine the effect of symmetries of delocalized multi-excitation states on the dynamical timescales, including hopping rates, radiative decay and environmental interactions. While the decoherence (pure dephasing) rate of an extended state over N sites is comparable to that of a non-extended state, superradiance leads to a factor of N enhancement in decay and absorption rates. In addition to superradiance, we illustrate how the multi-excitonic states exhibit 'supertransfer' in the far-field regime—hopping from a symmetrized state over N sites to a symmetrized state over M sites at a rate proportional to MN. We argue that such symmetries could play an operational role in physical systems based on the competition between symmetry-enhanced interactions and localized inhomogeneities and environmental interactions that destroy symmetry. As an example, we propose that supertransfer and coherent hopping play a role in recent observations of anomalously long diffusion lengths in nano-engineered assembly of light-harvesting complexes.