ccooper Member
  • Member since Mar 11th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by ccooper

In UK Life expectancy is around median age of people dying with COVID (true) => COVID does not knock anything off your life expectancy (WyttenFact - false)

In fact COVID knocks on average 10 years of life of those who die from it.

Surely you understand that these two "facts" are not mutually exclusive. ANY manner of death knocks some number of years of life expectancy of those who die.

AZ or J&J is not Eugenics.

All RNA that gets into a living cell can potentially end up in the DNA. Many RNA (retro type) virus get back translated/complemented and inserted into the DNA.

Normally a new vaccine gets tested for 10 years. A completely new type of vaccine should take 15-20 years for testing. Now we have passed just one year... There was never any need to push experimental RNA vaccines.

Only greed allowed to do it in the worst possible way, using the spike as a target - by lying to people by saying it's the most stable part of the virus, albeit we know that it is the exact opposite.

Really? I'm far from an expert, but this is my understanding of mRNA vaccines:

• mRNA is carried in lipid nanoparticles, which are taken up by dendritic cells, the major antigen-presenting cells
    • mRNA enters the ribosome and is translated into protein
    • After a period of days the mRNA breaks down and no longer makes protein
    • These vaccines cannot alter our DNA:
      • Can’t cross nuclear membrane into the cell nucleus (where our genome is located) without a nuclear access signal that it lacks
      • It’s RNA, not DNA, so it must be converted to DNA but lacks an enzyme like reverse transcriptase that could convert it
      • Would then have to insert itself into DNA, which requires an integrase enzyme that it also lacks

Vitamin D Nearly Abolishes ICU Risk in COVID-19

The data are now in. The effect of vitamin D on COVID-19 severity, and likely mortality, is causal. Maintaining 25(OH)D 30-40 ng/mL is likely to be strongly protective against having a severe or fatal case. Use of bolus dosing as described in the “taking action” section upon the first sign of symptoms, if one has levels much lower than this, and otherwise supplementing with a maintenance dose of 7-8,000 IU per day during illness, is likely to be strongly protective against severe and fatal cases.

Scientists May Be Using the Wrong Cells to Study Covid-19

The scientists who ran the first, promising laboratory experiments on the drug had used the wrong kind of cells: Instead of testing its effects on human lung cells, they relied on a supply of mass-produced, standardized cells made from a monkey’s kidney. In the end, that poor decision made their findings more or less irrelevant to human health. Worse, it’s possible that further research into novel Covid-19 cures will end up being compromised by the same mistake.

Your own cite says 4 times as fast. But it is careful not to jump to the implication of a new vaccine required every two years. My suggestion is that you should not jump to the conclusion on your own.

That is not very likely because its mutation rate has been measured and is around half of Influenza rate. That means, most likely, a new vaccine every 2 years. This is not surprising, it is a very different beast from flu virus (twice the size).

Although appealing on the surface, I don't think that you conclusion is supported by the measurement. I doubt that twice as many mutations yields twice as many viable viruses (virii?). It may happen to be the case, but I can easily imagine that mutations on this virus are less likely to be viable than those of a simpler virus. Also, what matters from a vaccination perspective is whether the mutation makes the virus less recognizable by existing antibodies, and that may also be different for this virus vs. influenza.

Here is  a podcast that contains a pretty good tutorial on immune response and how it relates to SARS-Covid-2 and other viruses. You can listen to the podcast, or simply read the Show Notes as a summary.

An experiment displaying the enormous variability from person to person (Upcoming paper out of the Rockefeller lab)

• 70 people who had coronavirus
    • They looked for the presence of neutralizing antibodies
    • Almost 20% of them did not make neutralizing antibodies
    • In other words, 20% of people that had IgG/IgM antibodies did not actually have antibodies that could neutralize the virus when a special assay was done
    • Furthermore, each person made a different volume (titer) of neutralizing antibodies (some made tons and others made little)
    • It’s unclear how those 20% without neutralizing antibodies were able to survive the virus/or how they clinically responded to the virus
    • I.e., They could have had a lower inoculum of infection, or they might have been asymptomatic

-David’s takeaway:

• There’s enormous variability in the B cell response to coronavirus
    • The B cell response is what creates antibodies
    • The open questions are…

• Can those individuals that did NOT make a good neutralizing antibody response be reinfected?
    • If so, how soon after?
    • And that ability to be infected… does it correlate with neutralizing antibodies in the serum?

Ah, thank you. How do you get a hold of that? And what is it supposed to do for you and in what dose, please? (cannabinol is not to be confused with cannabidiol or tetrahydrocannabinol).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinol

"Cannabinol (CBN) is a mildly psychoactive cannabinoid found only in trace amounts in Cannabis,[5] and is mostly found in aged Cannabis.[6] Pharmacologically relevant quantities are formed as a metabolite of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)"

It is difficult to find. If you want to buy it in bulk, there are a few suppliers of CBD who can also supply CBN. Since it not a cannabinoid found in large quantities naturally, it must be distilled as part of the process of isolating other products.

Here is some information on what it does. My tablets contain 5mg each, and a typical starting dose is 10mg. It varies quite a bit according to an individual's sensitivity.

He tried melatonin. I heard CBN is the best. Have you tried either?

Yes, I've tried CBN. I made some chewable CBN tablets and have distributed them to friends, family, and customers. Awaiting feedback, so I can only tell you my own experience. So far, it doesn't work as well as the tablets (mints) that I make with CBD + melatonin + terpenes. However, there is likely to be a lot of individual variation, as there is with CBD, so ultimately you need to try them yourself.

Otherwise you have a cough and temperature at home for a few days, get over it, and are one of the "mild" 4 out of 5 cases. I know a number of such people and am pretty sure most of them did have COVID.

This pretty much describes my experience. I caught it nearly a month ago in Indonesia, am fully recovered. Symptoms were mild. I'm 68 years old, but with no health issues. Until I get an antibody test I won't be certain that I'm immune, but I think the chances are good.