Deleo Member
  • Member since May 10th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Deleo

I happened to go over to ECW, where they are talking about the latest items regarding Bass and JM Products. The consensus over there now seems to be, ok the customer looks indeed to be a fake, but who cares? How does this really affect the ultimate performance of the e-cat and the agreement to pay the $89MM?

I'm starting to think that some people are losing their minds. Are they serious? This whole thing was a sham, top to bottom. People are hanging on to the myth of AR way too long. There was no customer, and the e-cat did not produce excess heat in Doral. Maybe the truth is tough to handle sometimes, but people need to stop falling for this stuff. I hope there are some decisive rulings by the judge soon to put an end to this charade. If I were a senior executive at Johnson Matthey I would be asking my legal department what actions they think could be taken against AR and the others for dragging their name into this. They probably have no idea who AR even is, but I imagine they see their name popping up in the legal discovery.

Just taking the non-scientist route with the orbitsphere - I like how Mills says that QM basically came about because scientists at the time couldn't see an electron interacting with the proton so they basically fell on their scientific instincts and claimed that the rotation of the electron around the proton must look a lot like the moon/earth rotation. Why wouldn't it? That's what they were able to see at the time in terms of two objects rotating around each other.

This is something that will not have to be pure conjecture for the rest of our lives. As Mills points out, the imaging of electrons has improved dramatically over the past decade, and is sure to improve over the next. So we will be able to see the electron in due time, and if Mills is right it will look like an orbitsphere. I think the argument that Mills makes that there is no singularity with the electron is his single, best argument. I don't believe that something can be everywhere at once, even when it's not. That sounds like an extraordinary claim that may be backed up by some creative math, but probably won't hold up when we do succeed in actually seeing electrons in action.

I'm guessing this is why Jones Day is going after the fees that IH paid to Penon and Fabiani. It probably wasn't a ton of money, but if one of them can cut a deal to not have to return their money if they admit their wrongdoing then IH would jump on that to get AR and Johnson. It would then come down to Penon and Fabiani's loyalty to AR to keep quiet.

Also, they will have to make sure they are protected against any future criminal charges. IH could make that happen too. The Florida statutes for criminal fraud are pretty broad. Essentially any effort to obtain financial reward through deception can constitute fraud.

In this case we are talking potentially major deception where several people conspired to lie about a fake company needing power for its business as part of an attempt to claim an $89MM payday. Yes, the agreement primarily rested on heat production and not the customer, but if I were AR and the rest of this group I would not want anyone from the Florida State Attorney's office to be reading the same things we have been.

Reading this I still wonder why Jonnson got himself involved in this. Maybe he rolled the dice to see if he could set this all up and collect the $89MM. Who knows how much of that was promised to him by AR? But still, it looks like he has a decent legal practice. I wonder how much time he took to calculate the risk of it going this way. Based on these accusations being disbarred and criminal fraud charges are not out of the realm of possibility for him.

This is why Mills is leasing them. The SunCells will still be BrLP's property. I think the leasing agreement will stipulate that you cannot look inside, and the device will be locked with a digital code to access. Only the maintenance people will be allowed to open it.

Quote from optiongeek: “It's not just Mills' claims. Real companies with real business models and real reputations at stake are backing Mills. The CTO of Columbia Tech (a company with 200 employees, all of whom have a job on the line and every interest…

I think this is what Mills has tried to hammer home in his last couple of talks. You don't even need to be a scientist to understand the amount of heat being generated. At Columbia Tech, in one of their glove boxes, with their employees present, on video, the power of two hair dryers was used to melt two tungsten electrodes plates. Tungsten has a melting point of 6100 degrees Fahrenheit. Something beyond any known chemical reaction is taking place for that to happen. And Mills didn't want it to happen. It melted the electrodes and forced him to come up with another engineering solution. He wanted to preserve the tungsten electrodes, not destroy them.

Also, what is amazing is that Mills wants the light from the reaction, not the heat, as so many people ask him about. How could someone create a device to melt tungsten like this and not even want that heat gain? Because he knows the energy density is in the light. He simply wouldn't be engineering the device he is today if the light wasn't there.

This is my issue with AR at this point. You can't help but ask if he is truly trying to win this case or not. He wants the rest of the money right? Isn't that how this case started? And yet he is providing nothing in the discovery process to support his claims. People are left with wild theories like the UK entity has since been dissolved. Ok, but if it has, state that now with some clear evidence to back up who it was and what was dissolved. or forever hold your peace. No reason to wait, because things look fishy for AR and Johnson right now. Just answer the question; who was the customer? If they can't clearly answer that then AR and his attorney may want to consider dropping this and hope that life just goes on as is.

Quote from Shane D.: “This resistance to Mills from the pro-Rossi camp baffles me. Mills has abided by the scientific method, while Rossi has abused it. ”

Both Mills and Rossi have reached some level of experimental success through trial and error…

I don't agree and that's why I thought the quote from Ed Storms was relevant. The point is that Mills would NEVER have gotten this far without a workable theory. Mills spends the first 45 minutes to an hour of his talks explaining this, but I don't think it resonates with people. Mills would not have a working SunCell if he had not spent 2 decades of research on the Hydrino and solved it to a precision of 85 decimal points as he likes to say. He would be nowhere right now.

And that is what Ed Storms is saying. The reason many LENR researchers are flailing, or are nowhere, is because they do not have a working theory. The SunCell right now is an engineering problem. There are real issues to solve to get it to become a working commercial product, but the science is done. If you don't believe in the science then you don't believe in his spectrometry, his measurements, his calibration, or the video where the SunCell is operating even though it says "Ignition Off". As Mills just said, how do you melt Tungsten, which has a melting point of 6,000 degrees Farenheit with the power of 2 hair dryers?

I think Ed Storms, one of the most respected LENR researchers, said it best earlier this year below. Btw - Mills said that heavy tungsten 1/4 inch plates were melted to the point of ionization in the glove box at the labs of Columbia Tech in Boston. And it was done with the input power equivalent of 2 hair dryers.

"Mills has clearly demonstrated a new and useful source of energy based on his explanation. His theory and his demonstration can also be used to explain how the Papp engine works. Clearly, he has won the race for providing a source of clean energy for the future.

Unlike how LENR was advocated, Mills used his considerable smarts to develop a useful theory and then convinced wise investors to support his ideas. This approach was not used to advance LENR because no one could agree on how to proceed. In addition, the explanations were too flawed to be useful in any case. Mills did it right.

In addition, unlike Rossi, he is making the information known to the world. Anyone can test the idea and see the effect. In contrast, Rossi has kept his method to cause LENR secret. Mills is on the right track. We in LENR are now being left in the dust to quarrel among ourselves about what to do next."

It is not so much blind faith or religion that has a few of us accepting Hydrino theory, but rather a preponderance of circumstantial evidence. Mills has gone to entreme lengths to back up his claims for the existence of hydrinos as dark matter in the universe. It is technical and complex with multiple forms of measurement and spectroscopy, but it still is a situation where you have to ask yourself, "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, what is it? People have been found guilty and not guilty in criminal trials based on circumstantial evidence alone. Sometimes it is all we have.

So people can decide to accept the Hydrino without physically seeing one based on the work that Mills has done. Mills has said repeatedly that it would take a tremendous effort to directly capture and view hydrinos. Of course it will be done at some point, but for the time being he is going to put his engineering focus and resources into getting a working SunCell. He is convinced of the existence of hydrinos based on the circumstantial evidence he has provided, as are his investors. As a private company that is all that matters right now.

Quote from Dewey Weaver: “If anything worked in the slightest then R would not have gone to such an extensive effort to try and pull off this high dollar parlor trick”

Dewey,

If you don't mind, we would like to keep believing Rossi has a little…

Like a few others here just about all of my remaining hope for an exotic energy breakthrough now rests with Randell Mills and Brilliant Light. I gave up on Rossi a year or two ago and wish I had sooner. Once you cross over to the other side you wonder why it took so long. But I don't think that Mills deserves guilt by association as Mary Yugo tries to establish by linking BrLP with Steorn and AR. Brilliant Light is its own entity, and who cares if it took 20 years to get there, what matters is that they get there. It is still highly speculative, but Mills is a genius. Like him or not, he just is.

Quote from Deleo: “It really is a puzzle to me why Johnson got himself involved in this mess. Of course AR promised him a huge chunk of money if he could get his hands on the $89MM.”

Maybe because he knew that there was nothing wrong about that? He…

Let's assume that AR goes on and wins this court case and IH has to cough up $89MM. What would need to happen to support that?

1. Proof would be shown that a real customer existed that paid for and used the heat supplied by the e-cat There was a real customer and it worked.

2. Johnson setup the papers on behalf of this customer. He created the legal entity and necessary documentation for the customer. But the customer is a legitimate entity that needed the heat for their business.

Where is any evidence of this in the discovery so far? Either AR and Johnson are flat out lying, or they are holding some key facts with supporting evidence out of the discovery process. If AR is trying to collect $89MM, why do this? What rationale could there possibly be?

If AR could take back the rights with the lack of an $89 MM backend payment, that first $10 MM from IH would have probably taken the form of an option to purchase the rights, predicated on certain future conditions taking place. That is not what they did. AR can't take back something that he sold.

MrSelfSustain, even if what you said is true, I would still argue that AR is getting into dangerous territory here. The common defense line so far has been that AR is holding key details back, or he is keeping certain things a secret. If I were his attorney (and I'm glad I'm not) I would suggest that he provide some real evidence right now to show that this was not all set up as a way to defraud Darden for millions of dollars.

AR may not see it this way, his followers may not see it that way, and IH may have no interest in pursuing criminal charges against AR. But with a complete lack of evidence provided by AR so far to support any of his claims, well that could get the attention of someone in the Florida State Attorney's office who is looking to pursue a nice criminal case like this to bolster their resume. The people in that office have access to all of the same documents that we do here.

While this is not a high profile case, there was real money involved and "cold fusion fraud trial" may get in the newspapers. If anyone is wondering what constitutes criminal fraud in the state of FL, just read below and you can decide how much fire AR is playing with right now:

http://law.justia.com/codes/fl…005/TitleXLVI/ch0817.html

It really is a puzzle to me why Johnson got himself involved in this mess. Of course AR promised him a huge chunk of money if he could get his hands on the $89MM. But Johnson had to know that winning a settlement like that was always going to be a real long shot. Johnson seems to have an established legal practice going, and to state a lies like this carries heavy penalties for an attorney. It could ruin everything for him. If this all goes the way of fraud I think Penon and Fabiani can probably lay low and keep their hands on the cash they got to be a part of this. But for Johnson, it will not be that easy.

I do not agree with the logic that Mills doesn't want replication efforts because he fears that it will show that the reaction doesn't work. The reaction that leads to the creation of the Hydrino has already been replicated in multiple labs. Some of the key information regarding the replications has been redacted for competitive reasons. The investors in BLP know all they need to about these replications. BLP has raised $120MM. That money simply wouldn't be coming in without solid validation studies. Investors hire scientific advisors to perform or read the validation studies, and then make their decision whether or not to invest. These investors, under NDA, know much more about these replication and validation studies than the general public.

It is too bad that it is coming down to LENR vs Hydrino. After years of watching and reading about this I firmly come down in the camp of Hydrino. I think we are less than a year away from a Kitty Hawk type event with the SunCell. It is very close to getting off of the ground. LENR is still struggling to create a basic, sustainable reaction. But at some point the community is going to have to come to terms that another theory and reaction are much, much further along. What P&F did was huge for science. I believe Mills partly became interested in this because of their work, and he probably raised a few dollars in the early days because of the hype surrounding CF. It also probably hurt Mills when the revolt against CF began. But in my mind this is all almost over. And that is something to be excited about.

I am not sure validation would mean much at this point either. If an investor needs to hire a validator to determine whether or not to invest in BLP, then that is a justifiable reason. But we are heading into November and BLP is talking about field trials in the first half of next year. What are they waiting for? The PV manufacturer to cut the cells to match the specs of the SunCell dome. Then it will be complete.

Between now and then BLP will tweak the prototype in their lab to make sure the reaction is running smoothly and the heat is being dissipated properly etc. Then it will be time to put in the cells and ship the SunCell out into the field. Everyone will essentially know almost immediately whether it works or not, and how well it works. If it works to the level that Mills has proposed, it would be world changing. It's hard to say how quickly people would grasp the level of change. Would Mills be Time's Person of the Year next year or in 10 years? Even if the SunCell works like gangbusters it's hard to know.

Or as Mary Yugo might predict, we won't see any field trials, and if we do, they probably won't work and the SunCell will have to head back into the lab. Who is right? Only time will tell.

Yes. No one needs to shut down or bury LENR. It is dying on its own, as the researchers grow old and die. A nefarious organization opposed to cold fusion would not spend $10 million to kill it off. It would not need to spend anything, or do anything.

I agree. Between the lawsuit and Rossi's new Six Sigma mantra, perhaps people should press the hold button till 2018. I will keep an eye on Mills though, and his demo on October 26th. He is my last hope for exotic energy schemes. Maybe he pulls it off, we will see.