Deleo Member
  • Member since May 10th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Deleo

''Odd fish' was my impression at the time.

Jack Evans appears to be in his seventies. He’s been an inventor for a long time. He had a huge dispute with GM that basically drove him out of the auto business (article below).

One person on the Reddit forum even floated the notion that Mills may be the Tesla of hydrino power, and these guys are the Edison. Evans is an expert in cooling and their CTO is an expert in plasma, and somehow they figured out how to engineer a working device in a way that has eluded BrLP. All speculation of course.

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/0…a-company-s-property.html

Good find Deleo! Looks like Mills has some competition in "Evaco, LLC". Suncell, meet the "Ionized Gas Reactor (IGR)".

Thanks, it has been discussed over the past week on another forum. This could be a patent troll/sham company, or it could be something else.

Just for fun speculation, perhaps these guys caught up to where BrLP was but then they figured something out in the engineering process to keep their reactor from burning up. They claim that their reactor puts out a lot less heat than the SunCell. So while it may not be as revolutionary as the SunCell maybe their plasma is more stable and not as reactive. I read that Jack Evans, who is one of the creators, also developed a chemical coolant for Diesel engines that is widely used.

This also makes me think that this company could be the reason Yahoo for Classical Physics shut down. Maybe there is a competitive battle brewing. Instead of a years-long patent war I think these guys should meet with Mills and show them what they have, if they even have something.

On another patent note, this one was just filed by a company in Connecticut where they are claiming excess heat from the Hydrino. But unlike the SunCell it does not need a catalyst.

One of the main principals did his work in the Plasma group at Columbia U. On the one hand this could be good for Mills because someone is claiming heat from a hydrino, but I am sure the fear of them coming up with a better design outweighs that.

https://patentimages.storage.g…ba46d/US20180282157A1.pdf

http://www.enapcoenergy.com/index.htm

The Mills/BLP Yahoo group discussion disappeared 3 days ago. Anyone know why?

I followed that Yahoo forum fairly regularly, so it’s kind of a bummer. Some people opened up a thread on Reddit about it and mentioned a cryptocurrency discsussion on the forum and perhaps BrLP didn’t care much for that.

I don’t think that was it at all. The farewell note to shut it down mentioned “business issues”. That doesn’t sound like a good sign to me.

I still hope to see a 30 second enclosed autocell run. I maintain my belief that it is the likeliest over-unity event that we can expect to see from any LENR or similar startup in the next year or two. I think Dr. Mills has gotten as close as anyone I’ve seen. So I hope he has some remaining resources to keep at it for a while longer.

Having the suncell run without any electrical input is not enough to prove it's validity as an energy source. Remember there is hydrogene in there and one need to check that the amount of

Having the suncell run without any electrical input is not enough to prove it's validity as an energy source. Remember there is hydrogen in there and one need to check that the amount of

energy released and hydrogen consumed should follow a law where you get say 100x energy out of the hydrogen compared to e.g. producing water with it. The idea is to from water taken

from for example in the atmosphere and extract hydrogen out of it to use as fuel in the suncell.

Right, so it would have to be self sustaining and Mills formula below would have to be validated in the run. So it would be the combination of the two.

H2 to H2(1/4) + 50 MJ catalyzed by HOH

H2 in and hydrino and power out by catalytic reaction

Just keeping this at the 30,000 ft level, we know what Mills is trying to do. He is trying to create a self-sustaining plasma in a closed setting with a single ignition event.

Mills has documented his progress on this over the last two years on this webpage:

https://brilliantlightpower.com/plasma-video/

These latest videos show a self-sustaining plasma occurring in a closed setting, albeit for a very short time because the reaction can’t be contained.

I think that there is more than a decent chance (ok, maybe 50/50) that Mills will be able to keep this reaction going without destruction for perhaps a minute or two in the near future (meaning we will see a video along these lines within the next several months). He has stated that they know what the issues are and have a path to solving them.

For all of us that have been waiting for a single event to show an over-unity device wouldn’t a minute or two of a self-sustaining plasma in an enclosed SunCell be the first device to do just that? If not, why not?

And yes, I’m assuming a third party could come in to verify the setup and the components of the reaction.

I actually don't think Rossi is a crook. I do suspect that it's very possible he's fooling himself

Impossible after six years of negative and non-tests. NOBODY is that dumb. I suppose he could be crazy (psychotic) to account for it but there is no other evidence for it.

I can’t say I agree with you on this one Mary. A person could plug a hairdryer in and probably convince himself that it is producing excess heat if he created a contraption of twists and turns like AR has. To be clear, there are several instances where AR has lied through his teeth. Those don’t need to be restated because we all know what they are. But I do think he may be deluded into thinking he has something that works sometimes and he has dragged a group of followers into thinking the same.

Like a poster said in another thread, I am not sure what the purpose of this demonstration was. Investors will not be convinced of it. No media or large corporations will take notice. It’s just kind of a sideshow at a carnival. But maybe that’s all any of this ever was.

BLP needs to develop a heater that works (energy out > energy in). That is infinitely easier than all the heat/light to electricity add-ons. Why put any time into them when the core competence is needed but not attained? If they has such an energy producing heater they would be disruptive.

Last year they showed a self sustaining plasma, and Mills was proud of the accomplishment. Why not just make the plasma self sustaining 24/7 and show energy out>energy in? My guess is that Mills would say that nobody would care. People need a finished product that produces power for commercial purposes. So the 24/7 brilliant light continually takes a back seat to the add-on, which always seems to be an energineering quest that for one reason or another doesn't pan out. If Mills were to open source his 24/7 lightbulb under a commercial license who knows what people would do with it? Maybe some coal or gas plant operator would design around it. Maybe some defense contractor would figure out a design to engineer around it. Mills recently said that he thinks that BrLp has accomplished more than any other small company in history. If that is true then big business (GE, Siemens etc) will find a use for his accomplishment.

John Goodenough, who is a 95 year old professor at the University of Texas, recently claimed to come up with a huge breakthrough in solid state batteries. Now many of the top battery makers in the world are looking to design around it and potentially license it. If Mills has a breakthrough he should show that it works reliably 24/7 and then let it loose to the world. If his goal is to get rich and famous, then it will happen faster that way.

R. Mills is acting like there he all the time in the world for him to produce a product, but if all goes as expected, there will be at least a few competitors in the market. Mills believes that he has a lock on mother nature but others who know how to treat her right will be in the game and way sooner than Mills will be.

I have just been a casual observer of all of this and think it would be great if someone came forward with an energy breakthrough. Do I think it will happen any time soon? Probably not. Is that a depressing thought? Not at all. Mark Twain (or maybe it was John Lennon) said that life is what happens when you are making other plans. If you want cheap, clean energy just take a look around and you will see it coming to life. Somebody did make a bet on clean energy a few years ago and he is the Bill Gates, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison that people are looking for - his name is Elon Musk. People still laugh at him, but look at Tesla. Energy capture through solar? Check. Energy Storage with batteries? Check. Electric cars? Check.

We are at the point where I do think it is getting late for new players to come in out of nowhere with exotic and novel energy concepts. All of the technologies behind Tesla are getting better and better. I'm not saying Tesla is the only winner in all of this, and they are still losing tons of money. But Elon had the right ideas. Everything is going in his favor. Solar cost and efficiencies are getting better. Expect new materials to create a new generation of solar that's even better. Battery storage is getting cheaper and better. Just wait until batteries go solid state in a few years. Electric cars? Basically every major car maker is now going electric. With all of these advances the world by mid century will be one of cheap and clean energy that has a hard time justifying the use of any fossil fuels. The future that everyone here wants is happening, it's just different and maybe more mundane than we thought. That big ball of gas out there in the sky proved to be the answer we were looking for.

It's definitely frustrating to watch and wait for BrLp. I wish, as well as others, that they would just design and demonstrate a continuous light source from the reaction. They got very close to showing this with a demonstration of self sustaining plasma last year. But it just went back to the same BrLp type issues - taking the reaction and turning it into a working product. It always seems to be stuck there.

I think it would be great if they simply licensed the light technology (which is already patented) and let others do what they want with it. Kind of the way that ARM has basic chip technology and dozens of companies design their own chip products around it. BrLp has gotten bogged down trying to engineer a commercial product. Maybe that is not the business they should be in. Maybe they should be in the tech licensing business.

17% interest is pretty good.

I think it was John Lennon who once said that life is what happens when you are making other plans.

A lot of people (myself included at times) have been looking for an energy miracle. And yet Elon Musk has been focused for years on his 3 point plan - electric cars, battery storage, and rooftop solar. People still knock the sh*t out of him and say he is just making toys for the rich that will never achieve the energy efficiency and cost to make a real difference. But here he still is trudging along year after year, starting mass production of the Model 3, developing rooftop solar shingles with much improved efficiency, and Tesla Powerwalls that are getting less expensive and storing more energy. Is the story that many are waiting for already happening? Maybe solar, batteries and electric cars are the answer. Time will tell. Musk is world famous and worth $10 billion. So he must be on to something.

Just wondering if this can possibly mean that the e-cat saga can be declared over. Of course not, but think about how much of the story revolved around the American partner and AR's move to the US and hiring a team of workers. It's all over now. AR will continue to say things on his blog, some of them will be regarded as grand, world changing statements by his followers. But for everyone else, the e-cat will never come to light. It will simply be a dialogue between AR and his followers, with the world at large not caring or noticing at all.

AR will talk about potential new investors and partners, but what investor shows up with a smile on their face and a check in hand after this fiasco? There's too much baggage. AR is likely on his own for the foreseeable future. He walked away with a cool $10 million. I don't feel bad for him at all. My last two cents are that people looking for an energy miracle should look some place else.

I definitely think there is a calculation going on with AR here. Perhaps he believed that IH must be embarrassed by all of this and just wanted it all to go away. Add to that Woodford Funds investment, which was backed by UK pension money. When it was discovered that Woodford had invested in IH, and through extension AR, you could see comments on their site from some of their investors who were not too pleased. Maybe AR thought if he could get a quiet settlement of another $10MM or so, the other side would just write the check and he would have that much more cash to enjoy life. But Darden seems ready to fight this to the end.

There is a post on ECW about what will a jury think. 90% of what is posted here would sail right over a typical jury. But one thing won't. JMP is AR. He represented many times that JMP was an independent customer/entity that was using the heat for its business. It's in writing. Just look at JONP for several times where he said it. So this is a lie and can be proven so. What I have learned from all of this is you can make a lot of things fuzzy to distort the truth - pipe sizes, steam flows, heat exchangers, missing windows. It could go on forever. But you can't make a 3rd party customer fuzzy. It either exists or it doesn't. And in this case it doesn't. AR misrepresented this to orchestrate a huge payday for himself. I think the odds are that a jury will see the fake customer as fraud, and Tom Darden knows it.

I think this thread could go on for dozens of more pages. The issue is that it is impossible to prove something completely false. Some people believe that aliens landed in Roswell, NM. No matter what anyone says or does to refute it, someone somewhere is going to continue to believe it. In the end people can always fall back to conspiracy theories. IH is a fake company created by the CIA to stop the spread of cold fusion. AR has to keep his discovery a secret so that malicious actors can never understand how it works.

This can go on for years, and probably will. With AR and the e-cat, it is probably down to 50 people or so who are going to never give up believing in it. AR isn't going to attract any new investors, the LENR community is not pinning their hopes on him anymore, news articles (outside of the trial) will no longer be written about it. There will be an end to this trial. And AR will lose. There may be an exotic energy breakthrough in our lives, it may be LENR or something else, but it is not going to come from AR.

The customer was fake - that is no longer even disputed

The data was fake - it's not worth the paper it was printed on

The Doral customer site was fake - AR wouldn't even let Barry West look in there for 5 minutes to see it.

This whole year long test was a sham for AR to try to collect an additional $89 MM from IH. The only thing I am wondering at this point is why the Florida AG hasn't charged him with criminal fraud.

BG has made some big claims over the past year or so that haven't really matched the level of his hype. I am confused about whether BG speaks for MFMP anymore or is he solo now. We will see with this latest claim of a COP of 8. That would be well beyond any measurement error, and if the engineers in India are glad to open source it, the knowledge would be everywhere for replicators. Still, I take it all with a big grain of salt. I will believe it when multiple labs independently replicate what Bob has found.

As an aside, I saw Dr. Mills speak this week and someone (not me) asked him pointedly "if something were to happen to you would the SunCell still move forward" and he said "yes". The main reason being that the SunCell is past the science phase and into the engineering phase and many people have schematics and all of the details they would need to move forward.

Someone also asked him about the US Military and their interest. And he said the bottom line is the US Government doesn't really care, and won't care until there is a working prototype. Until then there are other things that take the focus of their attention. And Dr. Mills even made mention of the SunCell and A130 Gunships for a potential application.

I guess my point is that maybe the Government conspiracy stuff sounds exciting, like a spy novel, but the process of scientific and technological development is a bit more mundane, per Dr. Mills. Maybe some secret agents are actively following BG around India trying to plot his next move, but I am going to bet not.

Looks like I might win my bet!

It never seemed realistic that AR could move forward (whatever that means to him and his followers) while going through these legal problems. Based on his blog comments it sounded like he was taking it all way too lightly. But now after spending some time in Raleigh it appears to be sinking in that IH is going to fight this to the end. I actually think the story of AR will end under this legal cloud. However it is resolved, it will simply be the closing chapter in this story. There is nowhere for him to go after this. Some of his diehard followers will hang in there through this year looking for any good news to hang on to, but my bet is by late summer the last follower will head out the door and turn out the lights.