woodworker Member
  • Member since May 26th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by woodworker

As a non-engineer/scientist, let me see if I understand correctly what you are saying: There were four widgets, one, representing 25% of the total capacity of the widgets, was removed/deactivated, and the output from the three was essentially the same as the output from the four? Wow, what a marvelous, in fact I should say magnificent, demonstration of the widgets - take one away with no reduction in output. What would happen if we took away another one, and then another one, and then, in the ultimate test, the last one --- according the Penon report, there would likely be no reduction in output. That would truly be a magnificence, producing something from absolutely nothing -- I thought only bond traders did that (that is not a political comment).

Jed: “There is evidence that Levi and the others are competent scientists. See the first Levi report:”

I said absolutely nothing about whether Levi and the others are competent scientists. All I said is that they have negligible visibility apart from their involvement with Rossi. I did not challenge their results so don’t ask me what is wrong with those results.

It seems to me that people here are really itching for specific fights and if nobody tries to have that fight with them, they pretend otherwise. How about presenting counter-arguments only when somebody makes an argument in the first place?

"How about presenting counter-arguments only when somebody makes an argument in the first place?" Wait, that would destroy Kev's, JThomas, and Sifferkoll's raison d'etre. Next you will be asking for evidence to support their, and Rossi's, claims -- you are so unreasonable.

If a big corporation gets access to a new technology that could have a significant impact on their profitability, wouldn't they legally have to disclose this to shareholders and/or the stock market, in general terms at least?

Only if public company, private company need not disclose. Also, only need to disclose if material. If not, probably no need to disclose. And for a multi-billion dollar company, material is a lot.

Oh, now I remember you. On that IH vs Rossi thread... You were that newbie dipshit who claimed to be a retired lawyer but when I ran a couple of simple legalisms past you, you didn't know the first thing about law. Thanks for the reminder.

What legalisms? Please enlighten all of us. And I notice you didn't answer the questions either.

Oh, then I guess it wouldn't count if I simply called you straightforward an asshole who finds it necessary to stand in where his cohort has bowed out after noticing that the target is defending himself. No, it wouldn't count IF i said that, would it? Nor would it count if I pointed out how stupid you have been on this thread, and how your integrity is called into question. What if I said that your only interest seems to be in furthering the insults that came from upthread, rather than furthering any substantial discussion? Would that be an insult to a skeptopath as dumb as you?

If those comments were made by someone I respected, I would be both insulted and concerned. But they are coming from you, someone I don't respect at all, someone whose opinions I consider totally without value or any redeeming merit and someone who I view as a temper tantrum throwing immature child, who when they don't get their was, smear their excrement all over their face and body and threatens to not wash if off until his opponent gives him what he wants (very similar, IMO, to the fucking orange POS in the White House). So no, I don't feel insulted by anything you say -- to feel insulted would be giving you too much legitimacy as a human being.

As a 64 year old Jewish male who lost relatives in the Holocaust, and as a proud fucking libtard, take your Nazi references and accusations and fold them five ways and shove them where the sun don't shine. Comparing the word play here to Nazism is beyond reprehensible and IMO you should be permanently banned for that.

You were definitely not the only one predicting the possibility of a settlement. IIRC, I not only discussed the possibility but also discussed possible terms, e.g., mutual walk-aways, which were the terms of the settlement. And as to IH being forced to settle, again IIRC, it was Rossi/his attorneys who indicated that they wanted to settle after opening arguments. I suspect that hearing the litany of lies that Rossi had already admitted to may have made them apprehensive about the outcome of a trial.

As to the possibility of evidence being introduced at trial proving that IH was attempting to screw Rossi over by wrongfully sharing the IP, there is absolutely no evidence of that is any of the discovery made public, especially not in Rossi's deposition. IIRC, he admitted that he had no concrete evidence of such behavior (my memory could be wrong on this point, but I am too tired to double check). And despite what you see on TV or in the movies, there is almost no chance of something coming up in the trial that wasn't disclosed in discovery. That is known as trial by ambush, judges don't like it and if you try to hide something in order to surprise the other side at trial, the judge may very well rule it inadmissible. But I am sure you learned that in Evidence or Trial Advocacy or Civil Procedure.

***Ahh, but the original lawsuit from them demanded the IP, and the settlement was bogged down over that point. It wasn't until they realized that they had signed a demo agreement with a further agreement to pay in exchange for the transference that they were screwed. Because that transference was based upon a positive Report from a Third party, and all of a sudden they were unhappy with the deal because they wanted the technology but they didn't want Rossi.

They started to criticize the third party report, after it was written and submitted. But any judge looks at the context of a relationship. For instance, let's say you have a written agreement to pay $3k/month rent with your landlord. You pay it for a year, and continue to pay $3k/month for the next year. The landlord claims that he changed the agreement to $5k/month, so you owe him $24k difference. Any judge would look at the interaction between the landlord and you and say that the fact the landlord did nothing to mitigate his 'losses' but chose to sit on his ass until a year later, well the context of the relationship is such that he was accepting $3k/month and that's that. Industrial Heat was looking at a situation very similar to that, where there was no criticism of the 3rd party report until it came time to pay.

Rossi set things up so that the devices would only work when he was the one working it, what I called the Fred Flinstone approach. And the agreement IH had signed did not help them in that situation. So they settled.

I see now that as AA has temporarily disappeared that we now have a new person skilled in all areas and professions. Please let us all know from what law school you graduated, when you graduated and your practice areas.

No, I will not let you. The discussion took place inside a hypothetical. YOUR hypothetical. I predicted that folks would want to just brush aside that hypothetical, and that's exactly what you are doing, right here and right now.

You want me to address YOUR hypotheticals then you address MINE. I already addressed this hypothetical. Now it's YOUR turn, and you answer with insults.

You should really preview your posts for accuracy before you submit them. The person posing the hypothetical questions was not me. But, as expected and predicted, you manufactured an excuse to avoid answering the question.

Thanks for your insight. I'm sure Dewey is very proud.

I wouldn't know and I don't care. I have never met, talked or communicated with Dewey, or anyone else connected with IH, except for posting here. I have no economic interest in any of this and I don't personally know any of the players. What I stated was a legal fact, IH had no duty to any of us. Now, IF they had actually built, produced and/or operated a new form of energy generation, they would have a duty of care to the general public that they operate, etc. their new widget in a reasonably safe manner and that they comply with all applicable laws relating thereto. That is the same duty of care that Rossi would have to comply with if he were not just a con-man.

Those are insults??? Hardly. Now, if I said that IMO you were a imbecilic a**hole who constantly evades answering questions because you are too scared, that would be an insult. It might be factually accurate, but it would still be an insult so I won't say those things.

That's just it. It can't be put aside, because the remarks will get moved to some other thread. Why did you decide to go down this unpleasant path? You'll have to answer that to yourself because, to be candid, I'm not really all that interested in your answer.

So for all of your whining about people not answering your questions, you completely fail to answer his question as to why you believe the current Rossi widget is real. SO LET ME ASK THE SAME QUESTION: WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THE CURRENT ROSSI WIDGET IS REAL? Or is your answer going to be an excuse again.

You also complain about personal insults but then you do the same by saying that "to be candid, I'm not really all that interested in your answer," which I interpret, at a minimum, as an implied insult to the person's intelligence, reasoning ability and, possibly, integrity. And just to be clear, based on your posts to date (going back some period of time), I have absolutely no doubts about your lack of integrity, and possibly your intelligence and reasoning ability.

***So this embarrassingly inept flimflam artist convinced Focardi and Levi and a bunch of other scientists that he had LENR in a bag, did the same with a bunch of other scientists (one of whom was in the Swedish Skeptics Society), and snookered Industrial Heat out of $11million, almost snagging $89 million_more but wouldn't give up his (what you would call) worthless technology. He doesn't sound very inept to me. He sounds very wily and if he really is a con artist using LENR as the hook (NOTE that big IF conditional precursor statement...IF If :IF IF) then Industrial Heat did all of us a big disfavor by not taking him down. And so did all those other scientists. They have a duty to us in the public. In particular I am extremely disappointed with the scientists who were involved with the '3rd party report'. They basically sat on their butts and let Rossi run the show and then let someone else write their report for them. No, the embarrassment shouldn't land on Rossi, it should land on those lazy bums.

I won't speak to the scientists' duty, but IH had no duty at all to any of us. And, for the record (in case it is not already clear), count me in the "Rossi is a flim-flam man, a con artist, a fraud, a liar, a thief, and a cheat" camp.

Steppenwolf:

A couple of points: you claimed that the government can't stop you from burning wood -- OOPS, yes they can and they often do in areas with high or moderate pollution; you claimed, essentially, that it is your greenhouse and you can do whatever you want -- OOPS, aside from government having the right and the power to regulate what you do in your greenhouse, go ahead, use an unknown method to generate heat/power and watch your insurance tell you to go fuck yourself when you have a fire. And given your last comment about not responding to the other points that have been raised, I feel it only appropriate to paraphrase AA by saying that you are just too stupid to pay attention to.

You said "If you are a real business man you do not worry about being embarrassed." Then why the hell does Rossi, AA, etc. make such a huge deal about keeping the name of the customer secret? And if it is truly the huge corporation that Rossi claims, then they have a PR department, and lawyers, used to handling exposures such as this.

I have a simple question for the Rossi supporters / wait for more "evidence" folks. I assume, and please feel free to correct me, that it would be fairly straightforward (by which I mean it would not require any technological or other breakthroughs) to measure the energy input and output of Rossi's widget without looking behind the curtain of his IP. So, if my assumption is correct, why doesn't Rossi simply allow an independent third party to take such measurements? Instead he refuses to allow anyone independent to even measure the energy input/output. If he had something, this would be the easiest way to prove it without revealing any IP. His absolute refusal to allow such a measurement, and his ridiculous excuses for avoiding it, tell me has nothing,

I doubt waiting longer to see is really destructive to my legacy (if that even matters) or even to cold fusion in general. I'm at least I'm willing to give my full name. I'm open minded enough to realize it may be a scam, yet I like to hope just a bit on this (since it hasn't been proven to be a scam) and other LENR efforts. We know that the history of science has eccentric inventors and paths to realization. I hope this forum will have a good natured exchange of facts and opinions on both sides until more info comes to light.

One problem with that approach is that the proven facts relating to Rossi all show that he is a fraud, a conman and a liar. The only "facts" to the contrary are, at the end of the day, "RossiSays." RossiSays ain't facts.

Maybe you'r all missing the bigger picture with not knowing how his unit works anyone that comes out with s working system he can claim its his tech and Keep the use of lenr in limbo ..Seems court may be a playground if you have the right trap set.along with all the others getting there paperwork ready, What are we walking into this day and age. never ending traps.

Until you get an investment from the wrong person, one who doesn't restrict themselves solely to legal remedies.

You get the same effect if you the thermostat in the furthest corner of the room set to normal temperatures. However, big fan-blown space heaters are commonly used in factories and warehouses - my old place in London was heated by 2 suspended 18kW gas-fired fan heaters. It worked out ok for around 5,000 square feet.

I understand that, but where is the thermostat for the blue box, or is it incorporating a wireless thermostat (I now expect Rossi to claim that). And Rossi never discusses using blower fans to circulate the warm air. Rossi just ignores all the incidental parts that would show that this is really ready for market, as he claims repeatedly.