woodworker Member
  • Member since May 26th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by woodworker

That's too simple. One must consider surface area, not volume. But the valid idea behind what you are saying is this: A furnace will have to be able to keep the living conditions inside comfortable. Sixteen degrees C inside is not comfortable. And that is only with 0 C temperatures outside. Recently it has been much colder than that, and a furnace needs to respond to this and provide the capacity for toasty temperatures inside a residential house when it is -20C outside. So yes Lowes' recommendation is correct.

That still doesn't answer my basic question -- how is the heat pushed out to the room? One poster above commented that the Blue Box we saw is just an exemplar not the one running. But the exemplar still didn't have any ducting connections, so is all the heat supposed to come out through the samovar to heat the room? Can one of the engineers here figure out how hot the samovar would have to be to heat 42,000 cubic feet? I would suspect incredibly hot and dangerous to touch or be close to. Secondly, without any ducting, wouldn't the air nearest the samovar be much hotter than the air at the farthest reach? And without ducting leading to floor and/or low wall radiators or vents, wouldn't most of the warm air rise to the top?

And, also too (I am aware of all internet protocols -- and if you don't understand this reference google it), the only wires I saw coming out of the blue box, and I could be wrong, were the 110 wire, with no wires leading to external thermostats. If the thermostat is incorporated into the blue box, then in order to ensure that the farthest reaches of the room are warm the thermostat would have to be set extremely high, making any areas near the blue box uncomfortable and/or dangerous. Yet you have to physically touch the blue box to adjust the thermostat or to hit the big red emergency button.

All of these simple everyday issues that have actually nothing to do with how the insides of Rossi's widget works shows me that the blue box and everything associated with it is a load of crap. That is not a functioning heater.

All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product. From whence comes this duality? Is the seemingly darker side of this tolerable? It's tough for people like myself and probably most people to tolerate it, let alone understand it. But I now think I understand it (I may share at a later time), and in understanding comes greater toleration.

So the ends justify the means? I agree in some circumstances, when life, individually or globally, is in danger (and other circumstances), but rarely is that the case. May I steal your child's lunch money or college education fund in order to give money to a homeless charity -- I think we would all generally say no. Regardless, Rossi has never been faced with that decision. In IH he had someone who invested over 10 million dollars, but Rossi conned, cheated and defrauded them. None of that was necessary for Rossi to develop his "magnificence."

As to the claim that he received 10 million why does he need to continue grifting? First, Uncle Sam took his bite of the 10 million, second, I suspect that Rossi believed he could continue conning IH and was counting on the additional hundreds of millions that he was going to get and probably spent a fair amount of it, not just on condos in Miami but also on fine dining and the good life, and third, and most primary in my view, is that once a conman you just can't retire -- it's in your blood.

Not because I don't think the SK technology works (although I have no proof), I'm ashamed and regret that I ever started following the E-Cat technology. For Rossi to have such an astonishing technology and then have a demonstration that's so amateurish which provides nearly zero proof and would likely push away any potential clients is absolutely disgusting. If Rossi is telling us the truth, he holds an amazing technology that could transform our society, but instead of holding a professional presentation he holds a puppet show. This is unacceptable.

I understand that Rossi has inventors syndrome and wishes to commercialize his technology in a gradual, step by step manner without revealing any of his IP to a larger company which could help him build a huge manufacturing base. However, what he has done is so bad it will actually hinder his efforts to obtain ANY customers. He might as well flush his technology down the toilet. This is an absolute shame, because I believe the technology could indeed change the world. But now I'm virtually certain that it will never see the light of day unless someone replicates. I think the chance of that is low due to how he has now slapped the LENR community in the face by hyping up a presentation that turned out to be a complete and total joke.

Let's apply one variant of Ockham's Razor: Either he is a brilliant inventor hobbled by inventor's syndrome or he is a fraud. Evidence: there is [almost] no evidence that any of his LENR widgets has ever worked, he allows no independent investigation or testing, he refuses to identify his "customer", etc. vs. there is copious evidence that he has lied to his investors, licensees and co-venturers over the years, that he has forged documents, faked results and admitted much of this in court filings, allows no independent investigation or testing, lies about having a customer, refuses to identify his current "customer", etc. Conclusion, he is hobbled by inventor's syndrome but is instead a fraud. QED.

Bob,

That’s a “2 thumbs up, Roseland67 approved” RANT, well done.

Have a Macallan on the rocks and go to bed knowing you earned your day of rest.

You do not put decent or good scotch "on the rocks." That is an abomination, maybe two or three drops of water, but please no ice.

I am thinking of buying a bottle of Lagavulin 16yo and I just got a bottle of Glenmorangie Nectar D'or 16yo for my knee surgeon (left knee complete replacement 11 weeks ago, right knee on March 7 -- if the second goes as well as the first, I will get him a bottle of Lagavulin).

I would agree with that. Any competent business tries to minimize the obstacles (make the transition smooth) between when a customer wants to buy, and when it happens. Rossi reverses that, and actually challenges the customer to meet his standards before he will do business with them. If they qualify, they then have a list of things to accomplish first, before Rossi will deliver the product.

If he really has something, anything, this is not the way to go about it.

Silly wabbit, AA will explain to us that such is the way all big industrial, engineering and other businesses all do business. We babblers just don't understand big business.

I have a couple of basic questions about heating the alleged space. I ask it in all seriousness because I am neither an engineer nor a scientist. Here in California most houses have central heating, with one or more forced air units. The FAU is usually gas fired and then the warm air is circulated throughout the desired areas using a blower and ventilation tubes. This allows the warmer air to be distributed and output to spots throughout the desired area, thereby, as I understand it, allowing the warmer air to mix more easily with the existing air (while the colder air, which is heavier and thus lower to the floor, is being sucked into the FAU through a return system). This type of system seems to allow for warming without higher temperatures being present through distribution means such as radiators. As I also understand it, if you use only one radiator without a circulating fan, the radiator has to get extremely hot, hot and dangerous enough to burn.

Now my questions: If the Blue Box with the samovar attached (credit to someone above for the description was supposed to be the only means of heating a 42,000 cubic foot area (3,000 with 14 foot high ceilings), how the hell does it do that? I see no connections for HVAC tubing and if the samovar is supposed to be putting out all the necessary heat, without a blower or fan, I would have to imagine that the samovar would be verrrrrry hot, and yet it was covered with what appeared to be an ordinary sheet without any harm to the sheet, or to the man with no upper body who stands right next to the samovar.

I would appreciate any substantive corrections / answers to my questions / premises (that means calling me a babbler, idiot or just stupid only reflects on the commenter).

Alan: why do you say such hateful things about Beelzebub?

Also, having had the TARDIS available to me this week, I jumped ahead and will now review the demo.

It was a magnificence that only AA, Sam12 and Axil will truly have the intellectual heft to appreciate. The rest of us will be amused.

No problema at all for the genius -- he is simply going to invent and implement a safer, hack proof internet over the weekend.

Were you perhaps looking in the mirror when you wrote that pile of nonsense?

No, I would not be shocked if they took an interest, as it is their job to take an interest in radiation related matters. Anyway, it already happened as I mentioned above. Wasn't it Zoeplf who contacted the Florida agency recently about this? I think so. If not, someone did. Harmful radiations are not something to be trifled with, as even Rossi warned of when telling his story of getting sick from his own reactors. We have an active thread Does LENR produce harmful radiations? with first hand accounts of radiation exposure.

How then does he go from warning of his Ecat's dangers, to having one up and running, and producing heat in a customers factory...without any record of it being certified? Got me. Something does not add up. Guess we will have to wait it out to see how the story unfolds, to get all the answers.

Easy peasy, RossiSays (tm) it is safe, so there, and Rule Number One of RossiClub (tm) is that you never question what RossiSays (tm).

PS: I hereby grant everyone a non-exclusive, royalty free license to use and abuse all of my Rossi trademarks.

At this present time I would invest

in Rossi ECat SK if I could.

I see the situation different than

you.I hope we soon find out who

sees it correctly.

I will happily sell you a linked interest to Rossi's success -- if Rossi succeeds, I pay you off at an agreed up rate, if he doesn't you lose your investment. Think of it as similar to an indexed security.

AA:

Re: your comments about bureaucratic waste and inefficiency in universities -- absolutely on point. If you look at the budget of any US university or college and compare the amount spent on teaching/research vs. the amount spent on administrators, it is obscene how much we waste on bureaucratic nonsense.

sam12

What?! ROTFWL! There was no need to roll dice on Rossi's so-called technology. Ever hear of testing inventions before giving the inventor millions? By capable and reliable third parties who are not involved with the inventor? Darden's pioneering spirit might be laudable but he majorly screwed the pooch in his approach to Rossi. Essentially everything he did about and with Rossi was simply stupid. And well... he got a predictable result. "It didn't work out for him" is quite an understatement. It didn't work out for Darden in the same sense that jumping out of a car and approaching a wild lion to pet him didn't work out for a tourist in Africa a few years ago. The lion killed the tourist and partly ate him.

Yummy. IIRC, I read a news story a number of years ago about a parent smearing ice cream over their toddler's face so the grizzly would lick it off -- fortunately a ranger caught it in time. All contenders for the Darwin Awards.

Rossi, strictly speaking, has never in his life had a retail customer he has been able to name. And he has never sold a real product to any company or institution either -- not one that he has ever acknowledged by name. What he did accomplish was to get investment and research and prototype money under false pretenses and by the use of lies and scams. Those projects were the Petroldragon environmental catastrophe, the thermoelectric converter scam, and all the ecat versions, whatever they are called. And none has ever been proven to have worked. Rossi also claimed to have been involved in a biofuels company and that might be but there is no clear evidence I have seen about what it did and whether or not it ever made money. Obviously, Rossi never actually needs anyone or any company to be a customer for him to claim he has one. It's so much easier for him to simply lie about it. And sam12 and @Adrian Ashfield and like thinking Rossi-buddies will reliably treat the silly claims as probable truth.

But we must remember not to hold any of that "ancient" history against him, otherwise we might not be able to take what he claims at face value (credit to AA). Similarly, if Jeffrey Dahmer now claims that he is a vegetarian, we should take him at face value and invite him over for lunch -- something something served with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

I see that you don't follow climate science any more closely than you do LENR.

If you look at the actual data you would see that the IPCC (which is a political organization) has exaggerated global warming by at least twice. Their models have been falsified.

There are more babblers on global warming than on LENR and it is pointless to discuss it.

You have accomplished something I thought was impossible -- while I had little respect for you before, I never thought that number would go to zero. You have accomplished that with your drivel about climate change -- I can't think of anything anyone could say that would persuade me that you are not a complete narcissistic irredeemable egotistical self-glorifying moronic horse's ass.

To the moderators/admins: If you feel that language is too strong, ban me. AA is dismissive of the most serious threat facing our species and basically says that over 95% of the world's scientists that have actually studied climate change are engaged in a fraud. Although I am sure that in AA's mind he knows more about the subject than all of the babblers combined, it appears that he also knows more than all of the world's major insurance companies, who are already pricing the effects of climate change into their policies. But then AA knows more about every subject than anyone else -- just ask him.

Jed, you mentioned regulations as early as the Roman empire. We know that there were regulations long before, with the most well known probably being the Code of Hammurabi. However there were numerous other similar Codes during the era, all of which are assumed to have contained regulations of one sort or another.

As to a comment (I don't recall who made it) about AA not having a sense of humor, I think a more accurate assessment would be AA doesn't have any sense at all.

As to the upcoming "demonstration," most of us expected and / or predicted a Potemkin demonstration and that is what we are now promised. All of the people involved in the demonstration are Rossi employees, there will be no independent assessment or verification, we will not have anyone from the unidentified customer validating the demonstration and I am confident that everything will be slightly out of focus, excepting close up shots of whatever crap Rossi puts up to demonstrate his magnificence.

But have no worries, AA will, if not right away, assert that this piece of shite demonstration proves that Rossi has the goods and that we babblers should acknowledge that, Rossi's brilliance and AA's brilliance.

Until then, 26 days to go.