woodworker Member
  • Member since May 26th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by woodworker

AA: you state without any qualification that "The SK relies on a plasma contained in a tiny tube which can't be more than a few mg of non radioactive elements." What is your evidence for that statement, other than RossiSays?

Last I understood, Rossi had not disclosed for examination any IP or details of how his "magnificence" works. If that is correct, unless you have access to confidential information, which so far you have denied, then your unqualified statement is the equivalent of a pile of steaming shite.

AA:

Happy birthday and I hope that your eye decay slows down. My father, who died at 94 years old, had macular degeneration, although his didn't really start getting serious until he was about 90. You have my sympathies (I long ago stopped believing that prayers did a damned thing). I would not wish M. D. on anyone (excepting that orange pendejo in the White House -- but I don't think he is capable of reading or comprehending the written word, so how could we tell. I will now return this channel to non-political topics).

I took a brief trip forward in my TARDIS and can report the excuse that Rossi uses for not producing anything testable or provable next month. He has already laid the foundation for his excuse by stating that his partner/co-venturer/top 10 multinational doesn't want their identity disclosed because it doesn't want to be harassed (as if one of the top 10 mega corps, each of which annually spends tens of millions for lawyers and tens of millions for publicists would give a damn about a little "harassment," which harassment would pale in comparison to the truly deserved crap they get for their business, labor and environmental practices). But, having laid the foundation that this thin skinned mega corp doesn't want to be harassed, Rossi can now get out by claiming that said mega corp is being harassed and therefore is pulling out. QED.

The trip in the TARDIS also confirmed that AA will completely buy and back up this story, blaming the harassment on we babblers, we few babblers, who are going to destroy mankind's future all because we hate and are jealous of that unappreciated genius, Andrea Rossi.

Yeah, but facts like this don't count in AA's world. After all, unless it is a statement that supports AA's point of view, it is fake facts or fake statements. I expect AA to explain this away by "clarifying" that what Rossi meant when he said "roboticized line" was not a really production line operated by robots, but something much simpler and that any confusion is due to language issues.

I am not sure if I saw it or elsewhere, "Specially Appreciative Patrons" (or SAPS).

Yes - he lives in another world and common rules in industry, design, business, regulatory requirements and product approval are not really valid there...somebody found years ago a special description for this place ("Planet Rossi", where almost everything seems to be possible).

The most amazing thing but is, that he believes that only secrecy will help him to flood the market and market and sell this earthshaking piece of technology via his JONP to his followers only...

Have you noticed any announcement on his commercial video presentation (which he claimed will show a new SK Ecat in action) in a mainstream media or somewhere else? We are getting close to Jan 31st, and if he want this to be a sales pitch to find customers, it seems to be a bit tight....

That was me, a humble babbler, who described the lovely "PlanetRossi." But it was only a few months ago, or at least I thought so. Have to check the log for my TARDIS.

E = M.C^2

The SK has a couple of grams of non radioactive fuel in it.

A nuclear power plant has > 20 tons of uranium in it.

It is a mistake for you to write about technical things. as it makes you look foolish.

As you don't actually know what the fuel is, you are just pulling things out of your backside, as usual. Also, my exact point was that very small amounts can be very dangerous. Or does you vast experience and expertise in everything tell you differently?

And, now that we know you are not ignoring my posts, why do you keep failing to respond to my bet, or is your whole bet offer just another case of you babbling?

Your anti Rossi bias makes you write total rubbish.

Most new cars are test driven by a few members of the public before going on sale. The Chevy Volt was so driven for a year if I recall.

The early SK plants will be monitored 24/7. Rossi has stated he will train several members of the clients to be operators. They can operate the plant if the internet fails (how often does that happen?) and shut the plant down if there is a problem.

The SK is so small the chances of a catastrophe are negligible.

AA, this is just a tremendous load of crap. So, according to you, car manufacturers design something, do some test drives with test customers and that is it. I guess the NHTSA and the IIHS would be incredibly surprised by that.

And the SK is so small the chances of a catastrophe are negligible, but yet it is oh so powerful. OOPS. And size is not necessarily a factor in how dangerous something is -- putting aside the biological sciences, e.g., anthrax or ebola, a very small amount of polonium or plutonium can really ruin a lot of persons' day. And to claim that the SK really can't be dangerous when you can't even describe how it allegedly works is the height of hypocrisy. And no, my concerns about something I believe is a complete fraud are not contradictory to my concerns about it's potential dangers. There are lots of dangerous cancer treatments out there that have absolutely no therapeutic value.

I notice that you are ignoring my counter bet to you AA. Why is that -- are you too scared to put your money where your mouth is?

AA: I propose a counter bet to you. You claim that it would be foolish to bet against you with all "the available evidence." As you are so confident, let's adjust the odds so that instead of 1:10 in your favor, the odds are 1:10 in my favor, e.g., I bet 100 dollars and, when I win, you pay me $1,000.

Secondly, again as you are so confident, if Rossi doesn't prove (to be discussed below) a working widget meeting the performance parameters he has described, you lose. Very simple.

As to proof, if Alan says Rossi proved it you win. If Alan doesn't say Rossi proved it, you lose. Alan doesn't have to say that it failed, he merely has to not say it was proven or to remain silent.

Amount: any amount up to US$10,000 on my side. I will happily deposit my bet with Alan or Shane.

I sure do not see any signs of Rossi backing off. If anything he seems to be pushing faster, and harder on everything. He has named some names, and I have no doubt Gullstrom flew there as he claimed, or that he has an anonymous Japanese prof working with him. I wonder how he is getting around all the regulatory, certification, radiation hazard issues raised here?

His confidence level seems very high also.

A few years ago there was an evangelist in Southern California, Harold Camping. who predicted the date and time that the Rapture would occur. Camping had predicted different dates and times over the years and each time he dismissed any doubting questions by simply explaining that he was right and anyone who doubted him was wrong. The predicted dates and times all passed without such event occurring, but Camping always was extremely confident.

signing the non disclosure turns on them, they then become the proof of... and can not deny without lawsuit.

Trap step 4

IMHO, NDA/s, Confidentiality Agreements, etc. are generally much more impressive to non-lawyers than they are to lawyers. Cease and desist letters are cheap to write and, unfortunately, they scare a lot of people off. It seems that most non-lawyers are fairly easily scared off. And threatening a lawsuit is much cheaper than filing and prosecuting one.

Competent counsel is usually much less impressed. A classic example of this is found, and most eloquently expressed, in Arkell v. Pressdram (google it).

And based on what I have seen of Rossi's contractual agreements, competent counsel should chew him up. (if the lawyers who represented IH in the negotiations with Rossi feel that I have insulted their work -- they are correct).

I appreciate your volunteering, and I suspect I know just how much work it takes. I say that because I just came back from a ten day trip to Nevada, as a volunteer poll observer. I didn't get paid, I won't get reimbursed for my flight, my hotel, my car, the donuts and bagels I bought for the poll workers every morning or the lunches I bought or the pizzas I bought for voters waiting line for over an hour because 6 out of 8 voting machines went down. I have done this three times in Las Vegas, Nevada and three times in Cincinnati, Ohio (I live in California). Note I am not saying which party I represented. I also participate, some might say agitate, between elections in both politics and other issues. I completely understand how much time and effort you put in, and I do appreciate it.

But it seems to the answer to this issue is not less discussion but, if you don't like what someone posts and feel it repetitive, then ignore it.

And no, I don't believe this is making a mountain out of a molehill, I believe it is stopping going down a slippery slope. We all have seen forums where the discussion is taking over by rabid, insult throwing, non-rationale posters. That is not this forum, thankfully so, in large part due to the efforts of the moderators. But we all have also seen forums where moderators shut down discussions that they deem repetitive or not productive and seen those forums die because posted feel censored and leave. I realize that is a fine line, but I would err on the side of my discussion not less. If people don't like what a particular poster says, they can ignore him (as AA keeps saying he is going to do with me). I disagree with AA on many issues, but I wouldn't want him to stop posting.

And let us just assume for a moment that Bob is completely wrong and is being a jackass on this point. He isn't using profanity, he remains civil, what harm is he doing? If AS has his feelings hurt, AS is a big boy and should be able to handle. I know I have had far worse said about me by AA. If you don't like what Bob says, ignore it.

woodworker everybody was expecting it to be a test but Rossi did a demo of how he plans to connect his future reactos to future control box.

During the demo, the device connected to the power outlet produced measurable heat using unspecified amount of electricity.

There was also a handsome swedish speaking physics to give a show a bit of credibility and sweeting the pill for those who paid money from the trip.

I think it is fair to call it a demo.

So, despite the fact that everyone apparently expected a test and Rossi apparently considers it a successful test, it is now a "demo." Tell me, what was it a demo of? You state of "plans to connect his future reactos to future control box" so we didn't get a demo of anything real that existed at the time of the "demo." You further state that "the device connected to the power outlet produced measurable heat using unspecified amount of electricity." So we don't know the input values, which even I, as a complete geek when it comes to this, can see as a problem. Lastly, you close with "There was also a handsome swedish speaking physics to give a show a bit of credibility and sweeting the pill for those who paid money from the trip." Wow, talk about really selling validity of the widget, there was a handsome swedish speaking physics person. Now I understand. I am ready to invest millions. Clearly, having a handsome swedish speaking physics person is the ultimate key to validating a scientific test.

Mr. Nozin, I don't believe your arguments are making your case any stronger or really helping.

woodworker when Alan says just watch the video, maybe he means that experience being physically present in the room is no different.

This ignores my entire point. Whether in person or video, as a non-technical/science person I am looking for help in interpreting the "demo." If AS is now going to take the position that he was not there as anything other than a passive bystander, why bother going?

Bob,

You are not being told to keep quiet. You are free to continue on with your valuable insights of Rossi, and everyone, and all things else. Only exception, is I am asking you to refrain from any further criticisms about Alan and his role in Stockholm. Even that is not an attempt to muzzle you, as you have already stated your frustration about that many times over the past year. It is just getting repetitive, and serves no purpose to belabor the point any further, other than to humiliate a Moderator and valuable member of the forum.

It may surprise you, but I was taken to task twice by the Mods before becoming a Mod myself. I simply accepted their role, took it as a lesson learned as to what I could say, and not say, and moved on. Now on to other things.

I have to completely disagree with this. What you are explicitly saying is that if the moderators don't like what someone says, and we are not talking about profanity, ad hominem attacks, doxxing or anything similar, but if the moderators don't like the line of your discussion, you should shut up. I quote your language "took it as a lesson learned as to what I could say, and not say." So, if I am a good little boy (which, trust me, is very unlikely) then maybe someday I can grow up and become a moderator.

I also note your reference to "other than to humiliate a Moderator and valuable member of the forum." One can only be humiliated if there is something about which to be humiliated. Are you saying that you believe AS should be humiliated or that there is something about which AS should be humiliated? I don't, at least not yet.

Bob has been attacked for making a rational, well-reasoned argument. If you disagree with the postulates of his argument, then state your disagreement. But to suggest that he shut up because it bothers you, that doesn't border on censorship, that rides a panzer across the line of censorship.

This approach concerns me that different standards are being applied to certain people. Bob is attacked for revisiting, what to me, is a legitimate issue that has not been resolved (as I discussed in a post above) and is being told to shut up. AA engages in ad hominem attacks, including against me, and, AFAIK, no moderator has told him to shut up. I may be wrong, I hope I am -- but the recent responses to Bob greatly concern me.

I realize that the owner/administrator/the powers that be of this forum have the absolute right to do anything they want here, subject to civil tort law, e.g., defamation, etc., and that, despite what many may believe, there is no First Amendment issue here. But I also believe that the utility, social or personal, of a forum such as this depends on their being allowed a generally free exchange of thoughts and opinions. But if this is going to start only allowing "approved" thought, then this will turn into an echo chamber of no utility or value to anyone.

@Bob. A report about what exactly? The things you can see in great detail on the videos in circulation? Scientifically it wasn't proof of anything except that it wasn't proof of anything. The videos in particular make it pointless of me to spend time writing about my own impression of what the pictures show in great detai. what I did write about was the people I met there, and their approach to Rossi, and the general tenor of the crowd. That I thought was interesting.

I have no idea about any Rossi devices after the the tests in Ferrara, Lugano, and NC. After that it gets weird.

I have to completely disagree with you here Alan. I have repeated stated that I don't understand the engineering or science involved here, which makes me rely on those with the expertise to interpret and explain what happened/did not happen and why and how something was supposed to happen and if it didn't, why not. IMO this is made worse by your continued insistence on the "it was a demo" despite Rossi's statements to the contrary. If you sole role is to state that you are merely a bystander, then you have no basis to criticize anyone who says something negative about Rossi/his widgets. After all, if you rationale for not commenting/explaining re: Stockholm is that anyone can just watch the video, then there is no need for you to criticize anything posted that is negative about Rossi -- after all, we can all read the posts ourselves.

You do yourself, and your arguments, no good by adopting such an obvious pretext for your silence. That is the approach of a judicial nominee who says, "no, I have never though about whether or not [__________] is constitutional" when we all know that claim is a load of manure. Don't degrade yourself to that level.

That is the most preposterous claim. There is not one shred of evidence that a production line is being built. "Leonardo Corporation" does not have a facility to build a production line in. The address is his condo. Don't you think there would be some evidence if in fact a manufacturing site existed?

The factory and production line are being built in RossiVille, a land so enchanted and magical that nothing being built requires permits or other bureaucratic hindrances advocated by babblers and where anything can be built without the aid or use of engineers, contractors or even construction workers. Unfortunately, RossiVille is difficult to locate: some claim that it is adjacent to FantasyLand and across from TomorrowLan, but, as with much of what RossiSays, there is no proof of its actual existence.