rubycarat Journalist
  • Female
  • from Eureka, California, Left Coast US
  • Member since Aug 17th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by rubycarat

Very sorry to hear this. Like many in this field, he was unique. Both Ludwig and Peter supported Cold Fusion Now! early on. I won't forget those two.

There are no more article blogs as there were in 2010 and 2011. Remember all the blogs that popped up after Rossi? Gluck remained a long time, as did Kowalski, but health intervened. Now, there is only LENR-forum, showing how success is built on community.

The workshop program and attendants you must realize there’s no way they aren’t already in contact to have planned this event, ............This must be the result of a lot of information exchange and lobbying behind the scenes and the workshop will be the way to bring it forward to the public and present a working schedule and funding options.

Marshall McLuhan said that the service environment for any new technology is already in place before the technology arises as a figure out of the ground. Our service environment is just about ready it seems. We just need that final step of an actual technology. It's been so loooong. This meeting makes me more confident we are still on the path to success.

This is great news.

The "repeatable experiment" part will need more than a lightning round though.

I wonder how deep the openness to include LENR runs? ARPA-E has said the word LENR before, but not much happened publicly, as far as I know. What has changed?

NASA's reactor advances, the Japanese public/private collaboration successes, Brillouin advancing commercially, university participation in the US, and advocacy efforts by Silicon Valley, likely all made this happen. How could they keep ignoring these developments?

The Tohoku crew has been a tight operation from the gitgo. They stood on the shoulders of the Japanese giants before and put an incredible team together. The news get better and better. Every year, every conference, reporting more and more. They are on the escalator to success.

I wish both Mizuno and Yoshino a future peace and lots of love. They were friends once.

Let's not fight over stupid shit when we're all going to be dead in a few years anyway.

So many Italian beauties gathered to roll out the red carpet for you :P :)

More seriously, do you know a way to just recover only a paper ?

I would like that of George Egely.

I am very much looking forward to traveling to Italy again. I am hearing good things about the meeting and that it was a success.

I don't know of any papers released at this time. They will be collected in a JCMNS issue likely.

I'm more inclined to Billie Holiday

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh my, if you insert "new living arrangements on planet Earth" for "loverman", we got something.

=

In NZ there is a renaissance of the Maori language..

The singer at 2.19... Ko te ata mahina...it is a bright morning

ends with "te ao marama" the world of light 3.13 ;) .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I like the declarative nature of the song.

Storms tried things that I have already mentioned including in my recent "essay" here.

The need to strongly compress the powder with a press, therefore, and not with archaic screws and nuts like in France or Belgium.

It has reached 50% porosity because at one point the compression ratio no longer plays a role and to further reduce the porosity, nanometric particles are needed. Thus it will be able to reach only 5% of porosity, quite sufficient to pass a gas. On the other hand, he will be able to increase his XSH by a factor of 10 !

Too bad he didn't try more daring alloys than simple Palladium, 1989 is still stuck in the minds of the oldguard 8o

Storms had used many alloys early on, as did many people working in the early days. Like Storms literally tried dozens of different combinations of metals. However they mostly would make solid pieces, or thin-films. Back then, ithey did not use pressed powder alloys. It seems in hindsight, yeah, why not pressed powders? I guess it just takes 32 years to think of some things.

I am impressed Ruby! Keep on going girl. Been watching myself. I wonder if this virtual is not the way to go from now on.

Carl Page said in the video played at the meeting that next summer ICCF24 will be in "Silicon Valley and the world", "the world" part meaning that they will broadcast live in a similar fashion, I interpret.

ICCF23 was the first all virtual conference in the ICCF series, and Xiamen U did a fantastic presentation, having the videos stand in for the live presentation is brilliant. Most participants followed the rules so everything went smoothly. To see the live science presented right on my screen in my own home was excellent. Globally, the time change is always challenging, and I didn't see the whole thing, but the videos are available http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_oralab.php and there is a lot of research to try and understand there.

I feel like the CMNS field has made a shift up to a new level of understanding on the hard science results and academic and industry attention. More labs getting Mizuno's 40 Watts is the first step to getting Mizuno's kilowatts. What Fran Tanzella shows about materials in active systems shows that Brillouin understands a lot about the materials (since he works with them on testing). Storms' new discovery of making active material -every time active - by pressing the Pd powder (and heating, cooling, etc) is evidence of another bump up. How many labs will start pressing powder now? I hope a lot, and more attention means we are set for another bump up.

I want to believe the next shift is going to bring real and meaningful breakthrough for the science, and engineering. Good things are happening. It's got to be sooner than later though, this planet is on fire.

Right into Mitchel Swartz. Cold fsuion is real and happening making observable effects, including frequencies at 327 MHz.

He shows a graph showing input power, an ohmic control and a NANOR cold fusion device. The NANOR delivers power moments before the "electrical avalanche" Swartz measured. Raman spectroscopy picks up the excess heat.

Nice photo of the Mother of All Cathodes. It was aqueous and wet! Awesome. He demonstrated the device live at ICCF 10 in 2003.

The field needs ways to detect active components, and detect and distinguish active cold fusion systems. A shape memory alloy nitinol will go back to its OG shape after the temperature is applied. Longitudinal fibers of Nitinol are throughout the sample he shows close-up. The material is shape-shifting.

This special design NANOR provided 12 Watts thermal output . More graphs show NANOR positive power gain of several Watts.

It seems that Electric current to the Nitinol and is responsive to the Ohmic control and the active NANOR, and it is quantitatively proportional to each. The ohmic control did not shape-shift the Nitinol, but the NANOR did, I think he is saying.

200 micro Newtons per watt was the induced response in Nitinol. Conclusion, Nitinol can be used as a sensor, but it's got some problems. calorimetry, raman spectroscopy, and 327 Hz frequency detection offer the best LENR detection.

Another GIANT Dave Nagel is up. WHEN AND HOW LENR OCCUR you know we need that.

To understand an d commercialize LENR is to suggest the locations and mechanisms for LENR and provide something to start with.

Locations must accommodate - locally - high density deuterons and local flux to allow the deuterons to interact.

These conditions are possible at exterior surfaces and grain boundaries and defects.

Images of craters on the surfaces of cathodes are evidence that LENR occurs on or near the surface.

Wires, plates, and cubes - 1D, 2D, 3D host materials.

There is a diffusion hierarchy: Surface diffusion is more rapid than grain boundaries, and grain boundary diffusion is more rapid than lattice diffusion.

Grain boundary segregation of impurities act as a trap for impurities, too.

Diffusion flux depends on the concentration gradient.

How do you test WHERE the reaction is occurring? Vary grain size, using coldworking and annealing, you can control the grain size, and see if smaller grains make more LENR, since they have a larger boundary area. Alternately you can use powder and press to make different sized grains and test them.

He cites Kalman and Keszthelyi to answer How does LENR reaction occur? He has failed to convince anyone with the quantum mechanical chops to validate and vet their equations (K&K) and he would like someone to do that.

Other challenges exist to explain, like the transmutation results. but he's out of time.

Watch the videos of previous presentations at http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_oralab.php

DAY 3 Fran Tanzella introduces Edmund Storms to talk about his recent discoveries.

He believes he has made the "lab rat" materials. The material makes LENR every time. Cold press palladium powder under a steel dye to make a disc. A hole drilled and a platinum wire through the hole. It is heated in a vacuum to 900 - 1000 degrees C for hours, then heat in air above 400 degrees C for hours, and cool slowly in air. he says the parameter space is sufficiently broad that you can make an active disc easily.

There is about 50% density in his pressed Pd samples compared to solid palladium.

Storms uses a Seebeck calorimeter cooled by flowing water to 10 degrees C. there are 54 thermoelectric converters transmit the heat.

Oil displacement measures the volume of oxygen, which is converted to a D/Pd ratio of the sample.

He is doing both gas-loading and electrolytic in the Seebeck; each is calibrated separately.

Resistance wire heats the electrolytic cell D2O with lithium makes the electrolyte.

It's sealed with a teflon top, with a recombiner, and the temperature of the recombiner is measured. Great pictures of these cells. Watch the video. The gas-loading cell is unique looking.

He talks about the calibration. The recombiner temperature and the orphan oxygen method agree, and Storms is confident his D/Pd ratio is measured correctly.

Pressed palladium powder that has been oxidized, and then fully-loaded, and it was heated ( and electric current was applied), as it was loaded and de-loaded, it gives heat. Storms is playing around with the parameters and mixing and matching these elements of the experiment and seeing what happens.

Storms is adamant, samples must be heated to get active. He wishes that people had heated samples earlier on, because they might have had success. The heating of the sample makes the difference.

He closed with a short summary of his nano-space or gap model.

About a nanometer, that's the size of the gap he answered to a question by Lynn Bowen. Gaps are about 50% of the physical solid material.