Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Does Rossi read LF?

1. Prof July 4, 2018 at 7:30 PM

Dr Andrea Rossi

There is a buzz in the internet that your Ecat SK could have issues related to the radiations it could emit.

Are you worried of this issue? Could your presentaton of the industrialized Ecat SK be jeopardized by it?

Cheers

Prof

2. Andrea Rossi July 4, 2018 at 9:20 PM

Prof:

We constantly measure all the radiations emitted by the Ecat. The emissions have also been thoroughly measured by the specialized officers of the Healthcare Office of Florida, that has a team of specialized agents for this specific purpose, as well as from Physics Professors specialized in such measurement and NEVER has been measured an excess of ionizing radiations beyond the background. Thisalso is an indirect confirmation of the theoretical intuition Gullstrom and I are studying upon ( Carl-Oscar Gullstrom, nuclear physic from the University of Uppsala- you can find his lecture on Youtube whose link is also in our website http://www.ecat.com, or Google ” Youtube video Carl Oscar Gullstrom theoretical lecture of Ecat presentation Stockholm November 24 2017 ”

Warm Regards,

A.R.

I guess in your zeal to want something so badly, your judgement seems to have been clouded ie: Religion, politics, psychology, etc.

Happens to most of us sooner or later, hopefully, we learn, recover and move on.

Roseland,

This is different. IH's "zeal to want something so badly", was to save the planet. Not for the selfish reasons (disregarding religion) you mention, but a much more noble motivation. Darden is already rich, and in every interview, his commitment to the environment is apparent. It is not about him.

In contrast, Rossi is a predator. He preys on us Save the Planet types, and profits by exploiting us. Why do you think he mentions the children with cancer as he does?...He uses them like bait in the trap. That shows how devoid he is of any human empathy.

I think we can forgive IH their one mistake with Rossi, and stop salting the wounds. As Dewey says, that one mistake of theirs may be a small price to pay if it works out the way they hope.

BTW: What a coincidence that in both tests (October 2012 and April 2013) the 1MW plant was limited to 1/2 MW - the same capacity as the attached diesel generator.

Amazing those in attendance for the Oct 28 2012 (military customer acceptance test) did not put 2 and 2 together. It was like the proverbial elephant in the room, and somehow they ignored it. They even had trouble hearing each other over the noise. What were they thinking? I know the AP science reporter left, never to be heard from again. On ECN's it was instantly noticed, and made the whole test DOA.

To be honest, I thought the use of the 500kW generator was odd, but mostly ignored that because I was focused on the NATO Colonel. Being ex-military myself, I knew that is not how the military works. They do not send one low level Colonel to a public demonstration of a controversial technology, put on by a convicted conman, and have him sign for it there right at the test sight. And were they so stupid, they would insist he wear his military uniform! It was so corny, and unbelievable, it was funny. Still get a laugh out of it when it comes up.

The IH Validation Test (April 30 2013) is different IMO though. From Darden's deposition, he and Vaughn were well aware of Rossi's checkered past, before they first met him at his Miami condo. Leading up to the VT, they became even more suspicious when Rossi came up with 2 excuses for needing to downgrade the 1MW to <500kW, while using the same 500kW genset. Rossi, probably detecting their suspicions as any good con artist would, made it a point the day of the test to give them an early copy of Levi/Swedes Ferrara results. From the deposition, and from what DW says, that played a big part in their going on with the VT.

Later on, Levi/Swedes with their Lugano results, helped Rossi yet again, when IH was about to write him off as a bad investment. That cost them big at Doral

Something that has always confused me...

as I said, Rossi's now abandoned EO patent was for his Energy Catalyzer (Ecat), which is the fuel. In his approved USPTO "Fluid Heater" patent...which was not for LENR BTW, he describes his Ecat (fuel) in a wafer form, with layers. In one embodiment, the wafer had a heating wire sandwiched between layers. In the depiction, it shows what looks like a *solid* wafer. As if it was compressed.

Yet, I have never read of a wafer actually being used in any of his demos? It is always loose granular metals in no particular order. At Lugano, they supposedly watched as Rossi scooped some of the spent fuel out, handing it over to them for analysis. You do not scoop a solid wafer.

Now, with his QX/SK it sounds as if he has incorporated his fuel mixture, whatever it is, into the electrodes to produce plasma?

Shane, I appreciate your generous and friendly effort to remove our posts on the Bologna demo from the "Rossi blog" thread, however that's not the solution I had in mind. The "2011 tests" and the "Lugano test" deal with two different devices, the LT Ecat and the HotCat, which use completely different tricks ... ehm ... physical principles.

I realize that this solution is the best I can get, and I thank you, but I feel to apologize with the people who were quietly discussing about the HotCat technical arguments for the troubles of having their comments interspersed by others on different topics.

Ascoli,

It was a joint decision so we thank you. I know it is not exactly as you wanted, but it is a workable compromise. While you are correct in saying Lugano was the HT (HotCat), UOB the LT (LowTemp Ecat), and different "tricks" were used, the fuel was the same in all. Rossi patented his Energy Catalyzer (Ecat) fuel, not the reactor housing. So all demo's, and Lugano share something in common.

I think Para/LDM/THH will easily be able to continue on with their discussion of Lugano, alongside you and Can discussing UOB. Who knows, by combining all together like this, something constructive may come of it.

Still have some more listening to do, but in the beginning McKubre hammers on the secrecy theme, as he has done in the past. Says "each of you is holding something back". Concealing for what ever reason, which he later on explains leads to "rediscovering the same thing several times at huge expense in terms of labor, time and skill".

Talks about better "collaboration, cooperation, communication", and gives the field poor marks in those categories. With the exceptions being Rothwell's LENR-CANR, and Jean Paul Biberian, both of whom he thanked. He forgot to mention LF, and how we have contributed to improvement in all three categories, but in honor of his tireless defense of LENR, he is forgiven. :)

Say's replication was accomplished in 1991-92, which may surprise some here.

Ascoli,

As an old friend, I owe you my explanation as to why Alan and I felt it better to keep you and Can's analysis of the old Rossi demos here. In addition to what Alan said, I ask you to take a look at all the various threads. Notice how many? LF is very active now, and adding another thread, especially a Rossi thread, would add to the clutter and probably get lost down the page in a few days anyways.

Good news. For some background, this older interview with BEC's Robert George helps. It is well covered in the thread, so you do not have to listen to the interview itself:

Robert George of Brillouin Interview

Then last year, they were looking for more funding, which I believe they never closed on.

http://ecat.org/2017/brillouin…on-equity-financing-june/

The other license they sold was to an anonymous South Korean company back in 2013. The technology was to be turned over to them, and they were going to figure out how to retrofit it into an existing coal plant, or something similar. Obviously that never happened. Here is a good article about that transaction:

http://coldfusion3.com/blog/br…ing-deal-with-korean-firm

And yes SOT, I know....

Adrian,

We are trying to make LF a welcome place for Rossi supporters, and you are not making this new initiative easy for us. Maybe just an occasional post from you, not dripping with contempt, would help matters? Yes, I know you have been provoked, but not every single time. It also would help matters, were you to actually answer in kind, some of the many germane, polite, questions asked of you.

You skeps get a little push-back, and start with the drama queen act. :) You have always been welcomed here, and you know it. What sets LF apart, is that we embrace dialogue from all sides.

That said, I have wondered myself why an outright skep wastes his time here? But then who am I to ask, as I have no doubt Rossi is a fraud, but am fascinated by he, and his followers still.

There is nothing stopping Mills, who claims his latest machine makes incredible amounts of thermal and light energy and power, from getting a paid for believable test. There are many private labs in the US, some like Earthtech (Scott Little and company) who are quite friendly to unusual claims yet quite competent and credible. There are many others. Mills could also market a reduced scale model or testing kit. I bet thousands of his enthusiasts would buy one and publicize any positive results that they get.

SOT,

If your premise is that LENR is not real...which it is, then it naturally follows that you would think anyone, or any group, who validate are "not believable". Skeptic motto: "if it looks good, it can't be, because LENR is not real. We may as well shut LF down now. Anything original you would like to add?

And don't you think it insulting to the many that have done the validating of Mills work, when you indirectly accuse them of not being "competent and credible"? Simply because they had a positive result, instead of the negative result you felt more appropriate, because of you do not believe in LENR?

As to the kit, Mills mentioned in an update about 6 months ago his goal is to put one out. I expect that soon.

Am I correct in understanding that Rossi no longer expects to have the industrial version of the ecat for sale this year? Ive lost track of the different versions. Does he mean no ecats of any flavour this year?

CW,

Who knows? Like you, after Doral, I follow his followers, not him. That said, his one "successful" product...the LT Ecats bundled into 1MW, within a shipping container, which obtained an average COP 83 over a 1 year period, is no longer on the market. Understandably, his customers no longer wanted it, opting instead to wait years more for the QX.

Good news/bad news, over on JONP. Rossi is "trembling" over the latest (good) test results, but nothing will be presented in 2018. For those that think LF won't survive once he is proven right...looks like we have another year at least before the day of reckoning. :)

SOT,

I can not figure Mills out. He did some legitimate basic CF work in light water systems, alongside some of the early pioneers. Never hid what he was doing and put it all out there for others to see...including NASA. Then he switched gears and started developing his CIHT. IMO he had it extensively validated by independent scientists. Then onto to this Sun Cell.

He is an open book in regards to what he is doing, and where he is going. Gives regular updates, works with respected companies. Has a science team, employees, BODs, Advisory Board, and investors to keep him honest.

Sounds promising, but when I weigh that against his many unfulfilled promises of a commercial product, that seems to always coincide with his need for another round of funding, it sounds a little less so. The latest of course, the SunCell, where as long ago as 20 months ago he was predicting the thermal version being only months away. Then on to the PVC version, then back to the thermal, and now a ceramic. There is no doubt he knew each was not ready for market when he said they were, so there is no getting around the fact that he does not always tell the truth.

So I stay semi-neutral, and play it like a politician. If he comes through one day, I can say I supported him. If instead, his investors accuse him of deceit, then I can say I never believed much in him.