Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Like Alan said DNG, we all love you. You have been here in one form or another for 4 years I believe, so you will not be going anywhere. All I am trying to do is keep things focused, and enforce a standard that if you open a thread, it has to go somewhere. Hopefully with a LENR theme. Maybe I missed that this thread was about that (LENR), and if so my apologies.

You might distrust my go-to data scientist - you can for yourself work out who is likely telling the truth by comparing the level of detail in the various accounts.

Its a no brainer if you put that work in.

I did check out Jeffery Morris' article you linked to for FM1: UK death data artifacts: "Stragglers" who delay vaccine doses a select group with higher death risk (covid-datascience.com)

All it appears he does is take the same data the UK put out (which on the face of it makes the vaccines look bad), makes up a new group he calls "stragglers", then makes up some new graphs that makes the vaccine look good. Here is his definition of stragglers:

"For this blog post, I will highlight one specific artifact that is persistent in these data in which the small set of "stragglers" who delay receiving either 1st, 2nd or 3rd dose have higher death rates than those receiving their doses on schedule. I focus on all-cause deaths here."

Even he admits this needs further explanation by the UK, and more research to tease out the true conclusion the numbers are telling us:

"Given this undeniable pattern in the data, it is important for the UK ONS to investigate and understand it. The death dates should be carefully checked to ensure there is no misclassification, and the relative demographic and clinical characteristics of the "stragglers" delaying 1st, 2nd or 3rd dose relative to their counterparts receiving the recommended doses on schedule."

And admits:

"It is always tricky to interpret observational data, but this is especially true in a dynamic setting like the vaccine rollout in which the vaccination prioritization and individual vaccination decisions impact the cross-section in each vaccination subgroup, with some of these subgroups becoming small, select subgroups with higher death risks. Follow up studies to characterize these subgroups is necessary to understand the patterns in these data."

This just proves to me that you are right that the anti-vaxxers can always find a friendly author to interpret the data to support their belief, but EQUALLY, that the vaxxers like yourself can, and do, do the same. At least in this particular case, the anti-vaxxers are looking at the data straight up without any fudge factors, while Jeffery the vaxxer adds in his own.... "stragglers".

I'm not a scientist Shane, I'm an over seas fright container dealer.

best I can do it tell what I did not why it did what it did.

Not until reading the posts from this site did I know of LENR or if it has anything to do with the project.

you will need to tell me it has nothing to do with what you all are doing and I will leave.

Not asking you to leave. No doubt you are creative, but we have a humanitarian mission, and ask you to respect that. This is not about you, me, or any one member, but all about saving the planet. If your project, or projects, are designed with that goal in mind, then explain how. If not, there are many other websites available for you.

If we allowed everyone here to have their own thread, and wander about "aimlessly", would LF be so popular? Please, have a direction, clearly make your point, and let it be about LENR.

Very sobering. Many environmentalists are coming to the same realization that wind/solar are great, but they won't be nearly enough to satiate our thirst for energy. None of us want nuclear, but if LENR does not come through....

There in fact was a dramatic change in the mortality between February/March 2021!!!

It does look clear that the vaccinated suffered much more all cause deaths than the unvaccinated group. I would be curious what THH thinks of this data?

Will keep an open mind about this just to make THH happy, but there have been other reports of overall mortality increasing, but those could be explained by the deadly effect of lockdowns (suicides/drug overdoses/murders/undiagnosed cancers, etc.). This is the first I saw though, where they separated out the vaxxed, from the unvaxxed.

Importantly for me, I survived the 9 months after my second shot. Yeah! :) Guess I will have to buy the "I survived the vaccine" T-shirt.

I probably disagree with you on the politics - but that is OK. My point is that you are arrogant (and wrong) in applying political views that ignore the hard work of creating new understanding about science. And it is absurd to take the advice of an internet 3.0 expert over that of somone who has spent months studying all of the scientific evidence and putting it together.

Explain me this: Remedisivir?

How does it fit into your argument that we should blindly accept, and trust what mainstream health sciences tell us? It (Remedesivir) does more harm than good to the patient, wrecks the kidneys of many of those that survive it, yet it remains a prominent part of the COVID Standard of Care (at least in US hospitals).

Yes, I know you have acknowledged before the lack of evidence for it's efficacy, but that does not change the fact that it is one obvious glaring sign of corruption in the system, and a major flaw in your argument. How many of your mainstream colleagues...whose job it is supposedly to protect us, have spoken out about it's dangers, and that it probably does little, if any good, or may even cause severe damage?

Instead, they (and you) go out of your way to prevent patients being administered 2 safe drugs that may be effective. So essentially, you are scaring people away from something that may heal them, and by omission steering them to something that may kill them.

It simply does not make sense unless, IMO, viewed through the lens of politics, money, greed, and a broken system.

So what is your arrogance? You see the tough scientific attempt at rigor that many great modern scientists devote their lives to as being irrelevant when compared with the tenacity of your gut (which seems to be featuring quite a lot in this post).

No insult intended, but you are a dinosaur every bit as much as your namesake. There is a whole new internet centric world developing that is upending the scientific status quo. Challenging everything from the science itself, to the politics, money, greed that may, or may not have influenced, and corrupted it.

No longer does the University based mainstream have the last say. It is increasingly becoming a healthy competition between the old way, and new, that IMO will result in a better outcome for humanity. This is especially so in the health care sciences. It most of all created this need to question everything, trust nothing, as has been proven time after time again during this pandemic.

Representing this new challenge are a new breed of cyber experts who do not accept a narrative as is. They question everything, and offer up their own theories backed by solid science. Some are classically trained and educated, others self educated in the relative discipline, but equally as adept.

Either evolve with the times, or risk becoming irrelevant. I choose the former. And you?

I despair that the Boeing Corp are getting onto the LENR bandwagon, when their 737's are dropping from the skies! Don't they realise that all digital control systems, without an analogue over-ride, can be hacked into by viruses, rendering the aircraft unflyable?

They have an override, and it is called a Pilot. When things go haywire, the first thing well trained pilots are taught is to disconnect and manually fly the plane. Many of these foreign carriers do not have the best qualified pilots though. They lack confidence in their hand flying skills, and some of these crashes are attributed to their hesitancy to disconnect the autopilot. That is why the US, and western European pilots are so heavily recruited throughout the world.

That is not to say we do not have some of the same problems, as even the best pilots get lazy and rely too much on automation. That is mostly the senior pilots who fly international. So every 6 months everyone goes into the simulator to practice doing things the old fashioned way.

And all aircraft major systems like the altimeter/airspeed, do have back-up analog, or vacum/ram air run "Standbys". They are a pain to fly with though as they lag, are small, and are positioned awkwardly.

I happen to think my speculation probably accurate: Imagine… He was finally in his element, instead of floundering around and being mocked for his weak grasp of physics, he got to explain - even show off a bit - his core competency. He worked in a medical school FFS! His wanting to share knowledge, and try to improve others’ understanding is basically a given.

Thanks for digging up SOT's post where he says he is an MD. I had forgotten that. My memory is photographic, but very short. :)

Early on in the Rossi years I believe he claimed to know calorimetry, and had offered (with Rothwell I believe) to test an Ecat. Whatever he was, it was always fun debating him. Maybe one day we will see him here again.

SevenOfTwenty seems to be OK, despite a rumour to the contrary. He’s still fit to practise medicine, at least.

I have been wondering where he was also. Those who are not familiar, SevenOfTwenty is the old, infamous, our own beloved Mary Yugo.

I believe he left in disgust at the obstinate behaviour of several people in this thread, who appear to think they know more the entire medical establishment, thanks to their medical degrees obtained from the hallowed University of Google.

Speculation on your part. 7of20 dished it out much more so than he was the target of. And while you may know something we do not, we never really knew his real professional background. That said, he was still a valuable member of LF, and the old ECN's before, so it would be nice to see him come back.

And IMO, your comment does not do the dignity to LF it deserves. We have a lot of gravitas here with deep thinkers crossing many spectrums. Not all to your or my liking, but as a whole we have a lot to offer.

The sad news is that I found Lou’s obituary online. He died aged 73

That is so sad. Lou played a big role here keeping us informed, and I had wondered what happened to him. Will try to find an appropriate thread to put this on so everyone knows he is not around anymore to keep us up on LENR related patents.

Thanks for sharing this.