Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

The mortality rate in Sweden is one of the highest in the first world, right up with the UK. It is 561 per 1 M. The U.S. is 441 per 1 M, although we will catch up at this rate. They "said it best" in what sense? They killed lots people for no reason and destroyed their economy.

Yes, their mortality is high, but there were some early extenuating circumstances. One explained by stefan , is that when the virus hit, Swedes were just coming back from vacation, and brought the virus back from other hard hit areas like Spain, Italy, etc. Then, and to their credit (unlike a certain New York Governor), admittedly failed to protect the elderly in nursing homes,

Were New York and the immediate surrounding area a country, by comparison it would by far lead the world -including Sweden, by deaths/million, and total deaths. It would account for 43% of all US deaths. It would be the talk of the world media. The W.H.O, Lancet, Imperial College, and every epidemiologist of note, would be writing articles, and doing field studies about what NY did wrong. Using them as an example of what not to do.

But instead, everyone is picking on the Swedes...why?

Another one alias

... "High-voltage power source is the core of the know-how. Extiel designed a unit, which creates power impulses for the plasma reactor within one-nanosecond intervals. The structure of the impulse itself and intervals between them are of crucial importance. Extiel knows exactly what pieces of equipment are necessary to purchase. In the US it would cost about$13K for a prototype unit. There are no expensive parts in this unit: just coils and electronics."

https://extiel.com/

They are based out of Dallas Texas, and supposedly teamed up with Gulf Process Gasses (GPG), of Houston, Texas. Anyone know about this group?

I will leave it to others here to "evaluate" the study and the difference in mortality rates and recovery rates.

Makes no sense to me. Does remind me of the old saying "shit in-shit out". Lots of data out there, and not all of it good. Much of it tainted by political bias. The pandemic is still playing out, and I think it will take some time to sort this all out. When it is all over, the dust settles, politics no longer a factor, then maybe the scientists can be scientists, and come to a consensus as to why one country, or population subset, did worse than others.

I think overall, the Swedes said it best at the very beginning when they opted for the controversial herd immunity approach: "let's wait 3 years, and then see what policies worked best". Who knows, maybe one day they will decide government policies did not matter much in the long run. That the virus was going to get to the vulnerable sooner, or later. That in an interconnected world, a stricter policy only served to put off the inevitable.

Korea anti-body test in highly infect Daegu city shows 27x more people with antibodies than reported infections!

https://www.theislanderonline.…es-very-high-study/?cs=12

for googling "South Korean survey Daegu city recorded 6886 coronavirus cases"

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53248660

"For every person testing positive for antibodies, two were found to have specific T-cells which identify and destroy infected cells."

"This could mean a wider group have some level of immunity to Covid-19 than antibody testing figures,"

"More analysis needs to be done to understand whether these T-cells provide "sterilising immunity", meaning they completely block the virus, or whether they might protect an individual from getting sick but not stop them from carrying the virus and transmitting it."

Dr Oz has been quiet on HCQ lately. Listened to him on the radio today, and he is back promoting it. Said a new study out of New York will be published in 2-3 days, backing up the Henry Ford Health System positive results.

I know you mean well, and want to get the word out to help others...but they are claiming their LENR Iron pill cured COVID. Hopefully you understand why we can not allow their being promoted here?

In a little while, I will move these posts to where they belong. Will see what my colleagues think, but we may have to trash your posts on Synthesit. If so, nothing personal.

New Burger King commercial to advertise their use of de-gassed cow meat. Hard to understand for the non-English, but key words being sung are: fart. methane, and lemongrass. Visual cues make it obvious. Very cute:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you have more information about this?

Yes. there are a few articles about that. A pain to look on phone though. I never mentioned it after reading because, IMO there is almost no chance of that happening.

This thread is spreading dangerous disinformation with biased "HCQ is a miracle cure" which would be the case if that CFR graph correlation with HCQ was not confounded by other factors not mentioned (except by me).

Why dangerous? Well, HCQ is pretty well tolerated, but its widespread use (for no gain) use against COVID will mean lack of supplies for malaria prevention in 3rd world countries - malaria does not go away just because COVID exists. AZT - also widely used with HCQ as prophylaxis - when there is no evidence this is helpful - will lead to more antibiotic resistance. You keep your strongest antibiotics locked up tight so they remain useful worst case against nasty infections. resistance in countries that misuse antibiotics will spread even to countries that use them carefully.

Agree about the CFR correlation, but not the dangerous part. The world is not lacking HCQ, and supply can be dramatically ramped up (maybe not so easy with Az?) in a matter of weeks. Using it is no more risky than taking many OTC medications. If people want to try it, let them IMO. In fact there has been some effort in the past 2 weeks to try and make it OTC here in the US.

And I think you conflate "groupthink" with coming to an informed consensus. If you want to be the oddball out, then so be it. :)

Looking forward to your round-up of the studies.

Hard to believe, but "COVID parties" are contributing to the recent rise of cases in the Orlando Florida (Disney World) area:

https://www.clickorlando.com/n…ad-covid-19-sheriff-says/

“They’re being referred to, from what I’m being told, as COVID-19 parties where they’re actually getting together and they’re trying to mingle to potentially spread the virus amongst each other if they’re asymptomatic or whatever the case might be,” Gibson said. “We’ve just seen a tremendous spike just here in Osceola County.”

But that is me, and the reality as the article points out, is that there are people who will throw up obstacles, and the industry has to deal with it. No amount of bitching at them is going to change that,

By that I mean land wind farms. When it comes to those blocking offshore farms, that is another matter. It's one thing to have a problem with one sitting in your back yard, quite another when it is well out of hearing distance, and part of the seascape. Many of these farms are too far from land to be seen, yet people still oppose them. Why?

Those NIMBY's have baffled me, and irritated me most of all. The Block Island farm that only came on line a few years back, after many years fighting local opposition is a good example. The opponents were almost all very liberal, and scream-in-your-face AGW believers. Yet they fought tooth and nail to stop it. Does not make sense to me. Lots of hypocrisy in the green movement unfortunately.

Those people have some valid points. Wind turbines are unsightly. On the other hand, they don't "take up" thousands of acres. They take up very little ground space. Only the cross-section of the tower. Farmers can plant crops or graze cows over nearly all those acres. Solar installations take up a lot more space, and they hurt desert environments, but on verdant land some crops can be grown under them. Some crops do better in the shade they provide.

Wind and solar installations cause much less damage to the local community than coal fired generators. They cause less long term damage to the world than gas fired generators.

Let not the perfect be the enemy of the good.

A matter of personal opinion, but I find them beautiful to look at, and would have no problem at all with one coming up in my back yard. But that is me, and the reality as the article points out, is that there are people who will throw up obstacles, and the industry has to deal with it. No amount of bitching at them is going to change that,

Fortunately, towards the end, they do point to a way forward that has had some success. It involves money, which is a universal incentive that almost always works. Before, when a big wind farm was proposed, only the land owner the turbine sits on profited. Now, they are giving royalties to those in the surrounding area, and voila...no more NIMBY. Or at least not much. Amazing how that works.

For you stefan , and Sweden:

https://fee.org/articles/why-s…urve-and-new-york-failed/

"Last week, The New York Times labeled Sweden’s approach to the pandemic a “cautionary tale” for the rest of the world, claiming it “yielded a surge of deaths without sparing its economy from damage.”"

And then the article goes on to explain why New York is in no position to point fingers. But it is not all about the feud between the NYT's and the Swedes, but much more wide ranging.

NOTABLE QUOTABLE

“Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.’”

Physician Jane Appleby shares the last words of a person in their 30s who died after attending a ‘COVID-19 party’ to catch the virus on purpose. Appleby, a health official in San Antonio, Texas, hopes to raise awareness of the disease in the city, which has 18,000 reported cases.

There is great doubt now about this story. They think she made it up. Similar to the NBC reporter/doctor who claimed he was infected, but was not. Or the fish tank cleaner hoax (me and my husband decided to drink it because of Trump. he died, but I barely survived, and now I am in jail for murdering him :) ). Be careful of these claims.