The Playground

• <a href="https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/User/1578-randombit0/">@randombit0</a>
    Very good, you are getting warmer...
    What if you move this hypothetical lens further away from the camera?
    What if the lens was made of a few mm of alumina? (Which is actually used as a shortwave IR band pass filter).
    Now what if the lens is…

I am quite interested in Rossi's randombit0's answer here...careful Dr. Bit0....

• Official Post

Things are getting weird for me, because it start to involve people I appreciate, respect...

Despite the common belief I think everybody here is sincere, at least those with a real name or brand.
    However there is strong accusations by one to the others that are probably unfair (except what will be judged in court soon).
    We should calm down, and not damage relation, potential relation, and our respective images, with quite no direct data on what happened.

If what I fear is real, I will support any initiative to hang the guilty by his b**ls. This is not only damaging LENR revolution, but nice people relations too.

we will see who was right, and I expect "sorry" and "forgiven" to be exchanged afterward.

• Sorry seems to be the hardest word...

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Alain.
    This is your website (among others :huh: ) I am against censorship, but not against honest criticism but with common civility. As long as someone has something to say,I think, let them say it. We are guests here. If someone is posting something that is not in the site guidelines you are not doing anyone a favor by not dealing with it directly. It may be time to either review the guidelines or modify them.

There is a playground, if its used properly you can channel people into it quite easily. It's called a ban-hammer. Just give them a warning, point out the violation then wham-o. 24-48 hours usually gets someones attention. If the same people can only post in one section ( i.e. playground) they will quickly lose interest. Since they will be isolated from conversations that convey information about LENR they will not be missed.
    Thanks!

• Official Post

NB: Boss is David and Barty is his right arm. I'm just a good client, helping as far as I can, and feeling at home there.
    My problem is not with language, it is about real world consequence of people accusing others. I support many people here, who however accuse each others of evil behaviors. I understand how each concluded (erroneously I think) on other's evil intentions, and I estimate it is not only wrong but sincere...

No detail, each will understand that he have wounded someone, or be wounded. problems is that many of those we have blood on their chest or their shirt, will have to work together soon.

I hope things will be clearer soon (I have my own vision on how it will evolve), and there will be hard work to do.

• @AlanCo,

I agree I too hope everyone can work together, whatever the outcome, in the days ahead when things become clearer. I'm not too worried though, I think there are some strong feelings here and some conflicts but I also think there is deep down underlying respect and some very smart people on all sides of the debate. I have some experience that when dealing with crisis having a diverse team of different opinions that nevertheless can respect and work together is much stronger than a team of identical people. In the beginning sometimes they first divide, defend, blame attack each other but if they can get past that stage and work together they can be the best teams in the world for resolving and overcoming real problems.

This kind of forum can be really good at building those kinds of teams. Actually this makes me very confident if their experience is needed as the LENR discussion goes forward.

• ...careful Dr. Bit0....

Ohhh what I see.... are you trying to threaten me Stephen ? What a fool ! I'm a woman that made her career in a men dominated domain !
    I know what is threat, bullying and stalking, the only means a certain category of men use ! I know what is fear, and how to work and win in spite of fear.

What if the lens was made of a few mm of alumina?

Paradigmoia this is NOT even english.
    And BTW, Alumina has maximum emissivity in a "long" (compared to the peak of black body spectrum) wave range not short !
    But this does not change nothing about the fact that total emissivity was the correct parameter to be used.

Just a question Stephen I see that you proudly use an image of the ATLAS experiment at CERN. I worked there and still have many friend and colleagues there. CERN is a beautiful place to work with many expert, enthusiastic and curious people.
    Have you really been there ? Have you seen how many experiments, activities and studies (even uncommon and outside the "main stream") are done there ? I think not.

• So, randombit0, you are avoiding a response?
    Maximum emissivity means maximum absorption, by the way, which means that in order pass a band of IR, the emissivity must be low as possible in that band. Alumina has this latter characteristic in the short wave IR region. Thus it is a decent short wave band pass filter.

But I do see that you now getting the emissivity issue. Soon, you should comprehend how it relates to the Lugano report mis-calculations.

• Paradigmoia this is NOT even english. And BTW, Alumina has maximum emissivity in a "long" (compared to the peak of black body spectrum) wave range not short ! But this does not change nothing about ...

Between us Italians.. please "English" requires a capital E, and please replace "nothing" with "anything", unless you agree that it does change a lot.

And maximum emissivity of alumina is right at the peak of black body spectrum. I attach a summary of the basic data.

Emissivity data reference:
    Olivier Rozenbaum, Domingos De Sousa Meneses, Patrick Echegut.
    "Texture and Porosity Effects on the Thermal Radiative Behavior of Alumina Ceramics."
    International Journal of Thermophysics, Springer Verlag (Germany),
    2009, 30 (2), pp.580-590.

• @randombit0

Wow, you have worked at CERN.

And now it's your job to defend messy tests in an internet forum ...

... I'm so sorry for you.
    :D

P.S.
    If you really would had been there, would you ever have seen a paper at CERN utilizing such low scientific standards like the "Lugano test report"?
    If yes, then it was surely the menu card for the canteen.
    :D

• If nothing else, I find this whole saga to be quite entertaining. Here's an amusing recent exchange between a reader of JONP and Rossi:

Rudy
    May 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM
    Dear Andrea:
    1- what do you foresee about the evolution of the storm around you ?
    2- is such storm jeopardizing your work on the E-Cat ?
    Rudy

Andrea Rossi
    May 28, 2016 at 8:46 PM
    Rudy:
    1- I am not a metheorologist
    2- no
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Ahhh finally Rossi randombit0 responds to me!! Please drop the fake female persona, you are not making it believable in the least bit Rossi randombit0. Your silly implication that you are being bullied as a woman because of me saying 'careful Dr. Bit0' is not only ridiculous on the surface because there was nothing sexist in it, but even more ridiculous because I obviously have been blatantly pointing out that you are in fact Rossi!! How could I be bullying you as the fake woman you are, when I am claiming you are actually Rossi? Also there was absolutely no threat of any kind, I am guessing your lack of English comprehension is causing a communication gap Rossi bit0. I sure would think a man of "science" (lol so laughable to tie your name to science) would have no problem with that logic!

I am glad you brought up the image of ATLAS!! While I have not had the honor of working on ATLAS, I actually I have been to CERN on a few occasions dealing with IT issues as well as custom monitoring control work. I also have worked on numerous projects at Fermilab on many occasions going back to about 1989. I guess you and I have something to talk about if you truly have been there...this should be fun! What takes you to CERN Rossi randombit0...what work do you do at CERN? This should be interesting. BTW, I still await your answer Rossi randombit0!!

• You seem to be a bit obsessed Stephen... seeing rossis everywhere aren't we?

How do I seem obsessed Monty? It is now known that randombit0 is actually Rossi. How would calling out a person using a fake name be "seeing rossis everywhere"? Finding one fake Rossi account is seeing them everywhere? I am not sure if you are confused or if you have a communication barrier... odd.

• How do I seem obsessed Monty? It is now known that randombit0 is actually Rossi. How would calling out a person using a fake name be "seeing rossis everywhere"? Finding one fake Rossi account is seeing them everywhere? I am not sure if you are confused or if you have a communication barrier... odd.

How do you know it's Rossi? The evidence for this I have seen so far is on the same level as Sifferkolls wild speculations.

• Quote from stephenrenzz: “Quote from monty: “You seem to be a bit obsessed Stephen... seeing rossis everywhere aren't we?”

How do I seem obsessed Monty? It is now known that randombit0 is actually Rossi. How would calling out a person using a…

DNI, if you have to ask that question, you are not keeping up. I have no motivation to prove to anyone how and why I know, but I can tell you that I DO know. Whether you believe me or not, I suggest you go back through post histories and read through questions and answers...on that alone you will find what you are looking for aside from what is known by some well beyond that. Time exposes much and the devil is in the details.....

• Stephen. I like much of what you write. And I have followed this story for many years. But speculations about who might be Rossi is in my opinion just stupid. Just as stupid as Sifferkolls speculations about who might be paid by IH.

• Stephen. I like much of what you write. And I have followed this story for many years. But speculations about who might be Rossi is in my opinion just stupid. Just as stupid as Sifferkolls speculations about who might be paid by IH.

Oh I absolutely understand your perspective, and I would feel the same way you do from your seat. All I can tell you is whether you believe me or not, just keep it in mind if you go back through post histories as well as future context. BTW this goes deeper than you probably have access to at this point to understand how I know what I claim. It is amazing the mistakes people make when they are not being careful....

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.