The Playground

• @Malcolm Lear,
    It is my understanding that the triple coils are wound (probably pre-wound and then slid over) the inner tube. These should fit fairly tightly. They can be assembled as a group of three, then arranged, evenly spaced, into their final position. Then the multicoil + inner tube assembly is inserted within a cover tube that fits closely, but not tightly to the coils, to make room for coil expansion and movement. This outer tube has the fins molded to it. Probably the caps are molded separately, grooved internally for the heater wire extensions, and then the caps are affixed permanently during the fin molding operation, while the cement is wet.

Perhaps Dewey or Rossi can correct me if I have that wrong.

• LENR Calender wrote:
    Frank: IH made the reactor, IIRC.

So IH do have Rossi's IP surprise surprise!

You also have Rossi's IP, and so do I. Everyone does, in a sense. The gadget is only an electric heater. It does not produce excess heat. Anyone can purchase an electric heater at a hardware store.

There is no real IP, because the gadget does not work. Not a surprise, not a surprise. By now that is what you should expect from Rossi.

• 1410°C -> 1683 K at an integrated spectral radiance (in W*m^-2*µm^-1*sr^-1) as viewed by the Optris at a camera (7.5 to 13 micron band) ε of 0.4 is approximately equal to
    747°C -> 1020 K @ Camera ε 0.95
    777°C -> 1050 K @ Camera ε 0.90
    802°C -> 1075 K @ Camera ε 0.85
    837°C -> 1110 K @ Camera ε 0.80
    and
    610°C -> 883 K at an integrated spectral radiance (in W*m^-2*µm^-1*sr^-1) as viewed by the Optris at a camera ε of 0.59 is approximately equal to
    442°C -> 715 K @ Camera ε 0.95
    462°C -> 735 K @ Camera ε 0.90
    477°C -> 750 K @ Camera ε 0.85
    497°C -> 770 K @ Camera ε 0.80

(values rounded for simplicity, and the underlying spectral radiance comparisons have a complex uncertainty, possibly up to 1%)

• @Dewey:
    Kanthal A1.. so much for the three-fold drop in resistance: It actually increases by 5%.
    You say "tightly twisted into a pair". Do you mean that each of the three phases were a twisted pair?
    Can you confirm it was a three phase delta connection?

• @Dewey: thank you for sharing the info and taking the time to reply.

Paradigmnoia: I don't buy the wye to delta change, not an intentional one at least There is only one reactor described, first used ad a dummy, then loaded with charge and operated. The Lugano report states "After 23 hours’ operation, the dummy reactor was switched off and disconnected from the power cables, to allow for one of the caps to be opened and the powder to be inserted". To drastically change the setup connection and not to declare it, seems too "unscientific".
    P.S.: Nice calculator, thanks!

• It is my understanding that the triple coils are wound (probably pre-wound and then slid over) the inner tube.

I would recommend to look it up in the detailed patent application. All the pictures etc.. about the coil are there!

But nobody can tell whether patent and Lugano are the same.

This also holds for Dewey. He is not IH. He is a mask playing somewhere in between!

• Official Post

@Dewey Weaver: Thank you!
    Do you also have detailled information about the fuel composition?

I guess it would be very helpful for IH if someone could or could not replicate the exact device. At least for the court case.
    Or, on the other hand, with a successful replication IH may get the missing information to get a working reactor itself.

When IH is sure that the IP they got from Rossi is worth nothing, they should make it public. They still hold the commercial rights.

• @ the D'eaver

Did anyone hear that barking? Sounds like an ankle biter left in a hot locked car by its owner with the windows rolled up. Better call the dog catcher and get some help for that poor critter. I can barely hear it now.

What do you mean, can you explain this comment? All I can think of someone must have touched on a nerve, hit a raw spot (bit an ankle) and your instinct is to 'lash out'. What has this got to do with IH obviously having Rossi's IP but pretending they haven't?

Best regards
    Frank

• Frankiewtu is a good noise maker - perhaps there a little league team that needs that kind of assistance from the dugout? Hey batta batta.

And no, only one person at IH was taught how to make the fuel and it has stayed that way. Nothing that was taught has worked after many herculean attempts. If we get that far in court, the judge and jury are going to be impressed with the IH efforts to get something working.

• DNI

Frank. As far as I know IH has never said Rossi told them nothing about building an e-cat. Just that they haven't got anything to work.

This as you well know is just a claim, I see Rossi and his lawyers have rejected all the Darden et al claims in the MTD, with some 'confidence' I see this (we cant get it to work claim) as just another so called claim. we will have to wait to see how the court react of course.

I suggest those who are interested in real information read this in full, its now in the court docket.

Best regards
    Frank

• Official Post

it depend on what you call the IP.

They have a recipe. I have one for Quatre-Quart cake, but it does not produce heat.
    It seems the IP transferred to IH does not make good cakes either.

I won't pay 89Mn$ for a cake recipe that you cannot eat.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.