Why was the one-year test performed?

• Moderator troll. Fascinating. Now I find out what happens if, concluding that the noise and temptation to respond outweigh the value of contributions, I block a moderator. I like finding things out actually, instead of just guessing.

Quora is good for reading and communicating with some of the best writers on the planet. Real-name accounts are required. Real expertise may be disclosed, and is respected. Civility is strictly enforced.

I often write long Answers on Quora. I never hear, "too long." Instead, I get compliments for taking such care to write a thorough answer, and I get people upvoting and following me as a result. Which then snowballs, generating more page views, etc.

This forum might not be right for you.

• Eric Walker,
    Hmmm... If it has ^2/^5 in it, then surely the h's cannot cancel out... Because one of them must be bigger than the other... Damn hidden variables...

Sorry all, you are getting mostly static from my caulk, spackle and sanding brain today.

It is easy to become confused on this. What is pernicious is to become confused and then accuse someone attempting to point out the problem of being stupid or worse. And then to point to "proof" of one's position, and what is pointed to contradicts the position. And then hosts of "supporters" come up to praise the response.

Having knee-jerk supporters is a terrible problem.

In the formula in question, time is only one variable. It was misstated, the attempt was to substitute the definition of the watt for "watt." But the meters got squared, which was an error. This was complicated by the expression kw/sec/sec, which is the units of the derivative of power, not power, nor is it energy. power is joules/sec. So multiply power by seconds, you get joules.

If we want hours instead of seconds, we use the fraction 1 hour/3600 seconds, which is unity, and we can multiply or divide by it, to simplify. Basic math.

You confused yourself with the exponents, compounded by the m^2 being an error.

This is the good news and the bad news about math. Any error can be fatal. It is the opposite of fuzzy. However, the good news: if we care more about Reality than about being right, being "wrong" is wonderful, it's a learning opportunity.

• I often write long Answers on Quora. I never hear, "too long." Instead, I get compliments for taking such care to write a thorough answer

The difference being, that on quora, people ask questions of which they wish to know the answer.

...Whilst over here we are subjected to long winded diatribes where Abd purposefully ignores those that choose (or are allowed) to enter into a conversation with him.

An example of this is my comment about his initial finger-pointing above, which he first twisted into an entirely different point,which he then replied to. I imagine Mr Shanahan will also recognise this tendency.

Why not set up your own website Abd? For those people who are actually interested in your wooly examples of supposed ”excellent writing”, that often veer off into your mysterious "esoteric training”. You could call it New-LENR-Forum. You'd probably gather, say, about 30 subscribers...

PAGE VIEWS A-PLENTY!! Woot!

The thing is, this entire discussion you started about kWh/h/h, (like most Rossi threads, in fact) is totally ridiculous, and I think (or maybe hope for their sake) that everyone has been responding with their 'tongue firmly in cheek'.

The line between trolling and humour is a thin one. But being able to tell the difference, depends on a person actually possessing a sense of humour in the first place. The ridiculous should be ridiculed.

• Official Post

I have now blocked Mary Yugo, along with a few other trolls, and I just included Alan Smith, a moderator here, because he was clearly trolling (i.e, deliberately attempting to incite outrage, -- because he thought it was "funny" -- something not expected of a moderator). By blocking, I am less tempted to waste time responding to the obvious obvious. I will effectively respond, sometimes, because someone else quotes a troll. And, of course, I can always change my mind, it takes less than a minute to change the setting, and I can temporarily unset it if I want to read a response.

Walks off, weeping. I never realised not having a sense of humor was an important part of moderation.

• @Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax,
    I was just being a goof with the ^2/^5 post. The topic was so far off the rails already that pushing it over the cliff seemed fair enough. (I did cancel my newton meter/sesquimillenium reply before posting, to my weak credit).

Today I am making some effort to make up for my lack of good behaviour.

I am painting today, with super low VOC paint. Much more like Michelangelo than mindless gum scraper-offer and replacer. Relatively.

• I was just being a goof with the ^2/^5 post.

And before that, I think. The problem is, Paradigmnoia, that there are people actually confused by all this. I did immediately think you were being sarcastic, but then you kept it up. There are others complaining about pedantry. Yet Forcardi, as reported by Rossi, was right. There is a lot of confusion over energy and power. It is an important piece of an understanding LENR.

• Shane D.,
    Thanks. My comment was mostly rhetorical, to see if the original subject could be tipped back onto the rails.
    Indeed, a two year rental to JMC (now JMP). That doesn't sound like any sort of test at all. An interesting note is that there is no mention in the contract about 365 functioning days out of 400, which for "some reason" became 350 days out of 400 at some point.

The original Agreement had that the test would begin upon delivery, and the test required operation at the same level or better as the Validation Test, 350 days out of 400. This was all, in hindsight, vague and not practical at all.

the E-Cat unit was delivered in August, 2013. We can read between the lines of what we have and understand that it was not ready for test. As well, we can imagine, on the other side, that IH was not ready to test it. But testing individual E-Cats should have been easy, and I certainly suspect that they did that. The Second Amendment is not only not completely signed, but also undated, other than "October __ 2013"). Whose responsibility was it to have it signed by Ampenergo and Leonardo? Given the relationships, it was not IH!

The Second Amendment substitutes "Six Cylinder Unit" for "Plant," and postpones the Test to a time agreed by the parties in writing. The 350 days out of 400 was maintained.

We know that the Six Cylinder Unit is a Hot Cat device or plant, probably designed to take advantage of Lugano-type reactors.

Rossi claims that the test did not begin in North Carolina, as originally planned, because IH never obtained necessary approvals. That appears to be deceptive, it appears that IH was allowing a power installation, possibly as the Test, at a factory formerly associated with Cherokee, if I have this right.

Rossi argued against it, and promoted instead an installation in Florida, as a sale of power (profit! and you made this costing only $200,000 and it will yield $360,000 per year!) and as a demonstration for investors and customers. There was no mention of "test" in the email suggesting this installation, nor in the agreement between IH, Rossi, and Johnson (for JMP). Rossi, in his complaint, uses "Guaranteed Performance Test" over and over in describing the move and the activity. He presents evidence that implies approval. From the Complaint:

63. Despite IH's and IPH's continued failure to secure an adequate testing facility, ROSSI took it upon himself to locate and secure a location in which to conduct the Guaranteed Performance Test, as well as obtain the requisite regulatory approvals for the operation of the E-Cat Unit.
    64. On or before August 13,2014, ROSSI and LEONARDO located a customer in Miami, Florida, who agreed to allow its facility to be used for the Guaranteed Performance Test and even agreed to pay IH up to One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) per day for the energy
    produced by the E-Cat Unit during the Guaranteed Performance Test.
    65. Accordingly, on January 28,2015, the ERV prepared and submitted to the parties a proposed test protocol for the Guaranteed Performance Test. After suggesting minor changes to
    the test protocol, and clarifying other points, DARDEN on behalf of IH and/or IPH agreed to the
    test protocol prior to the commencement of the Guaranteed Performance Test.

The description in paragraph 64 does not match, at all, the arguments used by Rossi to convince IH to move "E-Cat Unit" to Florida. Rossi calls this a GPT, but appears to have avoided mentioning it to Darden. The closest allegation to an allegation of acceptance is in paragraprh 65. "ERV" prejudges the matter, the "ERV" is defined by the GPT, otherwise this was simply Penon, a "nuclear engineer" whom Rossi had used previously, has highly praised, and who was the ERV for the Validation Test -- over some level of objection from IH, but IH decided not to push it, obviously.

We have not seen that correspondence. Rossi did not put it in evidence, nor has IH. IH has denied the implications that this was a GPT, what is now in the record as evidence militates against it, and there is the problem of the "Six Cylinder Unit." This is not a mere technical defect. The original GPT was to be of the "1 MW E-Cat Unit" as delivered, Rossi had represented that it was ready-to-go. (And had taken almost a year to deliver). It was to be tested at the IH facility. The Second Amendment, if valid, allowed postponement, but substituted a different Plant, possibly one not yet constructed at the time. However, the vagueness was not a problem, because the consent of all parties was required to start the test, and this could include each and every aspect of the test, including devices tested, location, ERV identity, etc. That requirement for consent was what allowed IH to agree to the Second Amendment!

In fact, as IH shows, the Six Cylinder Unit remains in North Carolina, possibly in pieces. What was actually installed in Doral was, apparently, two plants: the original E-Cat Unit, not used for the supply of power, as far as we know, but present as a backup. (That makes sense for a delivery of power, but not as a test of the Plant. How many backups are allowed? Etc.!!! The operating plant appears to be what is called on E-catworld.com, the "slabs," or Tigers, nominally 250 kW each. That is why the request for invoices from JMP are either 750 or 1 MW, reflecting, probably, how many Tigers Rossi told Johnson were operating. This is all highly suspicious, by the way, indicating that there was no actual power measurement by JMP, as would have happened in an arms-length arrangement.

The Agreement with JMP was for two years, possibly renewable. There was no mention of "Secret Customer Area," as later claimed by Rossi. (There may have been other agreements, though.) Secret Customer Area would heavily damage the value of the Plant as a demonstration site for investors and customers, not to mention the damage to a GPT, making it impossible to confirm the results of an ERV report, unless the ERV and IH could access the customer area. But Penon allegedly told Rossi that examining that area was "unnecessary," thus demonstrating incompetence or collusion.

Rossi did not respond to the IH Amended Answer, and at this point, facts alleged there may stand for summary judgment if not contradicted already by other than "conclusory" statements, such as the power installation being called a "Guaranteed Performance Test." That was something that looked like a fact until examined! Most commentary skeptical of the Rossi results assumed that it was the GPT, based on a long-time Rossi flogging of the idea, and then tried to find ways that it could be fraud.

But if there was not GPT, the Rossi lawsuit vanishes in a cloud of bad smell. That could happen within a few weeks, now. What is totally weird is that Planet Rossi does not appear to have noticed. Maybe the think that if they don't talk about it, it will go away. Or maybe they are so excited about the QuarkX that they have no time for this pitiful little lawsuit in Florida. QuarkX! QuarkX! QuarkX!

The countersuit, however, will not necessarily go away. It will stand unless IH withdraws it. There is a Motion to Dismiss which has some possibility of dismissing one count, having to do with tax payments by Rossi. It would have taken about one sentence to counter there, but Annesser gave it 2.5 pages. The fraud claim is not going to go away. The evidence presented already is strong for fraud.

Planet Rossi may imagine that a claim of fraud will require proving that the Plant did not produce major power. That is possible, but not actually necessary, or it is a piece and a piece that could be dropped and there still would be fraud. The Customer, Stupid!

• @Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax said:

The operating plant appears to be what is called on E-catworld.com, the "slabs," or Tigers, nominally 250 kW each. That is why the request for invoices from JMP are either 750 or 1 MW, reflecting, probably, how many Tigers Rossi told Johnson were operating.

The 250 kW increments are even more peculiar when you consider that each Tiger has 16 reactors (presumably close to 16 kW each, but who knows) in each one, many of which were supposedly disconnected or inoperable at various times (according to Murray), and yet the whole 250 kW increment is either off or on. Rossi himself, on JoNP, seems not certain (or at least
    not consistent) whether the Tigers are one big reactor, or a collection of reactors.

• ...Whilst over here we are subjected to long winded diatribes where Abd purposefully ignores those that choose (or are allowed) to enter into a conversation with him.

"Subjected" in what sense? Does your keyboard have a "Page Down" key? I suggest you press it. Unless someone is compelling you to read messages from Abd, this will allow you to skip over them.

• zeus46 wrote:
    ...Whilst over here we are subjected to long winded diatribes where Abd purposefully ignores those that choose (or are allowed) to enter into a conversation with him.

"Subjected" in what sense? Does your keyboard have a "Page Down" key? I suggest you press it. Unless someone is compelling you to read messages from Abd, this will allow you skip over them.

Trolls always complain when they are ignored. The basic message of the troll is "you are bad or wrong" and if one ignores them some will work themselves into a froth. The relatively sane just ignore being ignored.

The troll could also block me. When that has been suggested, some have then said, "but I want to see your [lies, FUD, or reports on Rossi v. Darden}!" Basic theme: I should be a slave to what they want. I should write my posts so that they like them. I should put the hours in to condense them. And especially, I should pay close attention to their ravings, because they are the font of wisdom here.

Actually, if it's truly worth reading, some will pick it up. Was this worth reading, Jed? You tell me.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.