Are claims about 1MW plants flowmeter nothing more than FUD?

• The installation requirements for this type of meter are here:
    sxrnb.com/UploadFiles/1434-5.pdf

Please point to the part on page 5 that you would like to refer to.

p. 14, the number of pipe diameters before and after the flow meter.

p. 5, "Precautions shall be taken to prevent damage to the heat meter by unfavourable hydraulic conditions (cavitation, surging, water hammer)."

See also this document, which has the same recommendation:

http://www.omega.com/prodinfo/flowmeters.html

"One of the most popular cost effective flow meters for water or water like fluids. Many are offered with flow fittings or insertions styles. These meters like the turbine meter require a minimum of 10 pipe diameters of straight pipe on the inlet and 5 on the outlet."

• And of course it matters whether or not there was heat. That is what IH [was] paid for.

Okay, point taken. But fixed the last bit for you.

There is no evidence I.H. was paid because they have Rossi's IP. You and others made that up. Having made it up, you now believe it. It resembles the statement that the judge rejected the motion to dismiss. No, did not happen.

• There is no evidence I.H. was paid because they have Rossi's IP.

Are you claiming that I.H. was not paid for the heat?

You and others made that up. Having made it up, you now believe it. It resembles the statement that the judge rejected the motion to dismiss. No, did not happen.

I never made such a statement. I stated that it is possible that the motion to dismiss was dealt with orally by the judge.

• Are you claiming that I.H. was not paid for the heat?

Did the contract say I.H. was going to get the money? I have not read it closely.

The heat did not exist, so no one was paid for it. I.H. says the gadget produced no excess heat. I suppose if they had been paid for they heat, they would not say that. Also, they would have detected the heat emerging from the customer site, and they would have found vents on the roof sufficiently large to exhaust the heat.

I never made such a statement.

I did not mean that you said that. Other people did. Sorry for the confusion.

Here a famous original foto of a reportage about the 1MW installation...

So what do you believers in Rossi think those very thick grey cables are for if the COP is >50? Or even if it is 6!

• Official Post

AlainCo said in part "today I support the idea that Rossi is king in HUD, Hope-Uncertainty-and-Doubt."

Alain you have been a tireless advocate of LENR. This is a good thing. I am confused. Specifically are you saying not that you have doubts but that that the Rossi E-cat does not provide the COP claimed?
    If this is so is this a change? I am a bit uncertain on your thought.

Thanks,
    Rigel

I follow evidences, and also I support that when there is insufficient evidence to be sure, one should support research, investigation, while not retending to be sure of a position he prefers.

f you remember I've always been uncertain on Rossi, driving people back to science, while promoting research around Rossi...
    I supported DGT because they seemd to have a better profile (which was partly false, a single investor finally), bt when they refused to address Luca's critics it could not be considered as dubious, but as wrong.

Same transition happened with rossi.
    I was positive until recently because I was covinced there was a real client, and IH support.
    there is nothing, plus clear reported maneuvers typical of stage magic.

Jed think it may have worked one day in older tests, and I consider that possibility, as the upfront fraud is a bit incoherent even if supported by some evidences.

I'm a bit sad that like people refused to consider F&P research, Miles research, just because of some initial errors in nuclear measurements, and irrational trust in recent theory of nuclear physics (less than a century old, is young)... today I see the same denial of fact, rejection of peoples that could be trusted for their disinterested honesty, or for their deep economic interest, incoherent accusations.

it looks like Groupthink? why not on some blogs... but probably more "morale" effect.

anyway let us imagine that IH, as many repeated here, is investing in many research...
    that Woodford was aware of all, even the pathetic tests of E-cat, even if playing PR...

just look at the patents in their patent pool company...
    check what do some researchers? wait for their coming out...
    "I worked for IH and I liked it!"

and be happy.

• just look at the patents in their patent pool company...
    check what do some researchers? wait for their coming out...
    "I worked for IH and I liked it!"

This sounds as silly as i liked to work for microsoft or once for IBM, two of the most big obstacles of industrial history.

A true researcher works for knowledge that is free for everybody. Hidden knowledge always "leads to"/promotes war. Today, at first stage, the war is business, so everybody believes it must work that way.

What investment people like IH usually do is burying ideas unless they give them a huge, huge profit.

Thus if you work for investors you will become as greedy as them or will rotten away faster as you can feel...

• Hi all

In reply to Jed on the matter of pipe diameter.

1) Since we know the pipe diameter is 3/4" therefore:
    2) 10 x the diameter = 7.5"
    3) Since we know the width of the Meter is 10.2"
    4) We can see that either side of the meter is space for more than one meter.
    5) We can there for say there is more than the required 7.5" in fact we have more than 2.7" to spare either side, or 3 plus pipe diameters to spare.

Kind Regards walker

• 1) Since we know the pipe diameter is 3/4" therefore:
    2) 10 x the diameter = 7.5"
    3) Since we know the width of the Meter is 10.2"

And blah, blah, blah. If you would please shut up and read a flow meter manual or the Florida boiler regulations, you will see that flow meters and thermometers are supposed to be mounted on long, straight, level pipes some distance from the boiler. Putting them right next to a 90 degree pipe bend would be stupid. A flow meter will not work correctly there. Rossi did many things wrong, but this is not among them.

You should stop inventing imaginary procedures and regulations, and read the actual ones set forth by the equipment manufacturers, the ASME and state government regulators. These regs have been around since the 19th century. Any trained technician knows these things. Any technician or licensed engineer from the 100 years who looks at Rossi's setup would tell you it violates code and it cannot work, for a long list of reasons.

• Hi all

In reply to Jed.

You stated the criteria and I got YOU to state the relevant passage in the rules and instructions for that particular meter. I pointed to the installation instructions and let you correct me. :)

By doing so you confirmed the criteria and source, not I.

I then used the criteria you stated were needed and applied the rules as you required, and showed that the meter was well within the stated rules for that meter, you keep trying to introduce rules for other types of irrelevant meter which are nothing more than a red herring.

The meter is known, the position is known and proven to be well within the specification you set.

Kind Regards Walker

• I noticed that Sifferkoll disliked my post asking what the huge gray cables are for -- the ones routed to Rossi's "plant" in the image. But of course, he didn't say what they're for, did he? Cables like that can carry hundreds of amps of current, maybe even a thousand or more. At the mains supply voltage of 440V, three phase. They can simulate a megawatt or so of output. Even with a "COP" of 6, Rossi would not need cables of that size. Why does Rossi use them? Oh, I know. To mislead the competition! Yay!

Malcolm Lear, good find, thanks.

• Mary

I noticed that Sifferkoll disliked my post asking what the huge gray cables are for -- the ones routed to Rossi's "plant" in the image. But of course, he didn't say what they're for, did he? Cables like that can carry hundreds of amps of current, maybe even a thousand or more. At the mains supply voltage of 440V, three phase. They can simulate a megawatt or so of output. Even with a "COP" of 6, Rossi would not need cables of that size. Why does Rossi use them? Oh, I know. To mislead the competition! Yay!

Do you have evidence that more power was input than was output? The presence of equipment proves nothing.

Best regards
    Frank

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.