More From Rossi on Restricted Access to the Customer’s Plant

• Official Post

Alan Smith,
    An interesting part of the same show was about a technology that maps vision, at a low resolution, to "taste" by a grid-like device placed on the tongue. Special software connected to a small camera concentrated the "image" output on basic details. Both blind and blindfolded people were able to manage "seeing" with this fairly well (edges, contrasts, large bold letters, but nothing detailed), after some several days of experience. Brains were fairly adaptable to this. Some people said that food had a whole new dimension to it, but it was easy to switch back and forth from taste and "seeing".

A good friend of mine in the USA has spent years working on electronic retinal implants intended initially for Vets damaged while in military service. Good news is that it has just received approval for further widespread trials. Low-rez of course - but it will get better, in its current form it enables people blinded in adulthood to navigate the streets and unfamiliar indoor spaces with much more ease and increased safety. The future it sometimes seems, is here already.

• Official Post

A good friend of mine in the USA has spent years working on electronic retinal implants intended initially for Vets damaged while in military service. Good news is that it has just received approval for further widespread trials.

Strangely I've just heard of a French startup working on that.
    http://www.pixium-vision.com/en/media/press-releases
    http://www.pixium-vision.com/fr/media/la-presse-en-parle
    Maybe the regulator unlocked the trials because of competition (in US and or in France). People put priority on protecting status quo until their neighbour start to embrace the revolution.

This is a lesson to remember for LENR. We need competition of they will simply enjoy current economic rents.Currently with Bitcoins and blockchain I see incumbent prepare to disrupt their own market by fear of being disrupted by fintech.

Back to rossi, this is why it is absurd to imagine you can keep the revolution secret and control the market, except if you can flood the market with a trillion$ of investment in capacity. It is clearly impossible for a single actor, even like industrial Heat or even US gov.

• Official Post

Good points, Alain. Secrecy is one of the bigger obstacles to more productive research and development of useful LENR systems. Overcoming this barrier was (and still is) one of the key motivations for Sam and I to set up Looking For Heat. This is also why our video tagline is 'we want to share the knowledge.' Happily the word is spreading and though sales are still way down on expenses we pick up followers every month. Currently we are trending in Germany!

Personally i would love to see more focus on things other than Rossi-tech. Surely if this can be made to work reliably there are other ( non-exotic) systems worth investigating? We would love to hear more from experimenters working outside of Ni-H, and to support them by both sales and donations where we can. Money and time are always tight, but our good-will budget and appetite for systems engineering is huge. Finally, if there is anybody not to distant from NE London/Essex who would like access to our lab and collaborative spirit, we would love to hear from them.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.