Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

As a native english speaker I can think of many ways in which the word 'dummy' could be used. Here are some.

A dummy run. Can be used in many circumstances where an operation is performed with some missing ingredient. For example, in Rugby where a player seemingly heading to score a try adopts body language suggesting he is carrying the ball in his arms when actually another player has it.

A dummy. A pacifier, something you offer a fractious baby to keep it quiet.

Crash dummy. A replica human used when safety-testing cars.

And so on.

I see no objection at all to using the term to describe the testing of a control in a scientific test. Objections are merely a matter of rather desperate use of semantics, not of science. As for assigning such a test a COP =1, it hardly matters, since by doing so you assume the whole system is conforming to the normal thermodynamic rules, and neither creating nor destroying any energy, while ignoring the fact that some of it may be transformed into forms you cannot detect.

So long as the same instrumentation and methods are used for 'live' tests, and we assume that the difference between dummy and live runs is sufficiently large to remove all doubt, it is not absolutely wrong to do this when performing a qualitative experiment. Quantitative experiments with proper calorimetry would be a different matter of course, but we have no way of knowing into which category the current experiments should be placed.

For example, if someone were to design a miracle fuel-saving carburettor for a car, I could see no objection to defining the COP of the car with a conventional carburettor as unity (COP=1) and thus describing any improvement with the miracle carb as being a multiple of that.

This of course, assumes that any of this stuff works at all, a matter on which I am for the moment reserving judgement and some element of proportion.

• No comment indeed

• ... and we assume that the difference between dummy and live runs is sufficiently large to remove all doubt ...

Just to amplify this point, in this field, studies whose results are within an order of magnitude of the noise floor for the experiment are unlikely to be persuasive to anyone who does not already have an opinion. These experiments are fine for the experimenter to refine an approach and possibly provide others with a recipe to try. There are many LENR experiments that taken at face value go many sigma beyond the noise floor, so we know that higher-sigma results are in principle achievable.

• Official Post

Yeah, that is pretty crazy for him to say that. It is just the opposite in fact, with him providing only hearsay, and IH the evidence. Probably another sockpuppet thing where he read the general consensus about the court documents floating around in LENR-land, and decided to counter it. I really don't know why he would think his doing this kind of stuff will help him out in court. Maybe he thinks the jury...if it ever comes to that, reads his JONP?

At least this time he chose a cool sounding name to ask himself the question though. :)

I really don't know why he would think his doing this kind of stuff will help him out in court. Maybe he thinks the jury...if it ever comes to that, reads his JONP?

I don't think Rossi really believes in the legal process. He has always seemed to think public opinion (of his adoring followers) more important than anything real. It takes a while to realise that this is really it - Rossi just does not think facts matter, if he has admirers. As though he lives in a belief-powered bubble isolated from reality. Which is more or less what he experiences, i guess.

Of course like everyone he needs money, given all those condos to keep in good condition perhaps he needs more money than you are I. So it helps if he can persuade some adoring followers to give him money.

For either of these reasons his unsubtle propaganda makes sense. After all, at this point in time, anyone likely to believe Rossi must be pretty easily convinced.

He has always seemed to think public opinion (of his adoring followers) more important than anything real.

I beg to disagree - the Rossi's secretive attitude indicates, that he doesn't care if he's actually trusted or not, once the premature revealation of information could threat his future profit or influence in development of cold fusion at least. Isn't it quite apparent from all "public demos", which were done with him so far?

I beg to disagree - the Rossi's secretive attitude indicates, that he doesn't care if he's actually trusted or not, once the premature revealation of information could threat his future profit or influence in development of cold fusion at least. Isn't it quite apparent from all "public demos", which were done with him so far?

That might be the case if Rossi cared about what "snakes" and "scientists in labs" or indeed the wider world thought. He needs his JONP/ECW mediated set of fans. They are specially chosen, and relatively uncritical. He lives in his own bubble.

Rossi has conducted public demos whenever he wants to energise fans, or gain new ones (and also possibly when he needs to convince investors). He has always been secretive about anything he does not want public - for example any monitoring of tests outside what he arranges himself. His fans always find excuses for this, or shrug it off as the eccentricity of a brilliant saviour of humankind.

• THHuxley...

I agree. One thing that really tipped the scales for me was when MFMP offered to do a black box test on an eCat.
    They are not competitors, they are relatively pro-Rossi (especially Greenyer) and they are open and trust worthy. (In my opinon)

Yet Rossi would have none of it.

Speaking of Greenyer, about a month or so ago he spoke of a test that would be unequivocal. I think he said it would prove within two weeks and was biological based? Does anyone know of anything on this as I have heard nothing. Perhaps Magicsound has info?

Thanks/

• .. Any idea who is Libeling Rossi and up for a lawsuit?

Logan
    December 18, 2016 at 3:33 AM
    Dr Andrea Rossi:
    Several weeks ago a reader told you he had evidence that the puppet who is libeling you in the
    blogs has been paid hundreds of thousand dollars from Industrial Heat and said he was sending
    you evidence of this fact.
    Did you receive such evidence?
    Cheers,
    Logan

• Rossi may be the one with the libel problem

We now know that Rossi is a very slippery fellow. One of the serious risks in the LENR technology is the unknown. Rossi or others may be hiding serious flaws that they may have stumbled upon in the technology that may cripple it and make it far less attractive to investors. Of course, the LENR developer would not reveal this fault for fear of discouraging investment in R&D and reducing the value of their IP.

Have you make any attempt to motivate the experimenters that you can influence to looks for subatomic particle (mesons, pions, muons) emissions that may reduce the value of your investments in LENR.

• Rossibit - culture of threat and fear only exists on Planet Rossi where it is part of the food supply.
    The rest of your trolling speaks for itself.

Take a pill for your gastritis....you seem a little bit too acidic ;)
    Culture of fear?! Have you ever been threatened?
    Why do you think that every point of view different from your should belong to what you call "Planet Rossi"? This is hypocrisy or paranoia......

Quote from Alan Smith

I see no objection at all to using the term to describe the testing of a control in a scientific test.

A dummy reactor could be useful when you have to calibrate your instruments, before making any kind of measure. After that, it becomes unnecessary, especially if your reactor has a very high COP.

• Rossi has conducted public demos whenever he wants to energise fans, or gain new ones (and also possibly when he needs to convince investors).

Rossi doesn't need to convince investors. Instead IH had this need.
    Indeed they used the plant in Doral as a show room for their rich friends, and they collected a lot of money in this way. They began to complain about the test only when the time to pay had come for them.

• In this thread we leave comments about the JONP, so I want to remind you this old post:
    "July 8, 2013 at 10:25 PMAND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:
    The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech:
    for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation, and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us.
    This event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly.
    This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees.
    It is very important that it has been completely made by the Customer, not by me: it is the first of millions, but the first is always special.
    We celebrated with Coca Cola ( alcohol is forbidden in that factory). All the former plants, even if built in the USA, had been supplied with reactors cores made by me, so this is a very important step.
    3- Technological development can require a long process, involving many changes as a technology moves forward.
    E-Cat is undergoing that process now. This process will continue as long as needed, until such time as the team believes the technology is able to fulfill its promise in commercial settings.
    4- E-Cat is still also in a phase of R&D, as I continue this work more findings will be released and additional technical information will be provided once practicable. As I focus on continuing my research, I will not be able to respond to each specific question.

Warm Regards,A.R."

Do you really think that Darden&Co. didn't read Rossi's blog? In July they agreed to let this information be public, and then when they have to defend themselves from Rossi's accusation they say that no reactor have never worked??

So why they didn't say a word before the suit? Why they showed the plant to investors if they did not believe it could work?

• Do you really think that Darden&Co. didn't read Rossi's blog? In July they agreed to let this information be public, and then when they have to defend themselves from Rossi's accusation they say that no reactor have never worked??

Yes, probably using the Lugano measurement method, which has been invalidated. I don't doubt that they may have believed they had something that worked (hence earlier payments), but later discovered the serious flaws.

Indeed they used the plant in Doral as a show room for their rich friends, and they collected a lot of money in this way. They began to complain about the test only when the time to pay had come for them.

More Planet Rossi. These assertions are either provably untrue, or just speculative. IH were clearly unhappy about the test from well before its end. And while during the test period investors visited the plant, how could that not be? Rossi, for good or ill, was a large IH investment. Whatever caveats they made, and perhaps particularly because of those caveats, investors would want to see it. Had IH used Rossi to promote investment without the strongest of caveats they would be in trouble with investors (as they clearly are not).

IH happiness with Rossi and all his doings would naturally correlate with whether they had ever validation of his technpology. Lugano, while from the start problematic, would have seemed like half-way validation and reason to hope until they realised the calorimetry error that accounts for both excess heat and "acceleration" in excess heat. A known bust Lugano result, together with failure to measure excess heat from internal tests, would indeed make IH complain. But not publicly, they are more professional and disciplined than Rossi in that respect.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.