Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

"July 8, 2013 at 10:25 PMAND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:
    The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech:
    for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation, and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us.
    This event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly.

I have spoken with someone who saw this test performed, and who was nothing to do with Lugano. My eyewitness said that it went very well, as described by Rossi, and that all concerned at IH were happy since they had 'chain of custody' of the fuel from prep to loading. I cannot comment on the measurements or the methodology however, since no data was released.

• Official Post

Sorry Malcolm, I cant be sure. There were a number of tests performed in NC, some at least used dogbones, at least one of which melted into a puddle, but maybe not all.

ETA. I note Rossi describes this as an 'E-cat module' - suggesting perhaps it was one of the type used in the multi-module Ferrara container.

• Sorry Malcolm, I cant be sure. There were a number of tests performed in NC, some at least used dogbones, at least one of which melted into a puddle, but maybe not all.

As I have followed this drama through out the years, it repeatedly has had one element that I find most curious... the melting reactor.

I do not have enough education or experience in the thermal dynamics required to determine if a dog bone sized container would / could hold enough "fuel" to melt down the ceramic housing. I realize that with gross "trickery", such as loading it with thermite could possibly do this, but in Mr. Smith's description, this melt down was done at IH and under their control. I find it unlikely that someone slipped in thermite to the reactor.

So I ask (to those more qualified) if there is a reasonable (chemical) theory, that would explain a melt down of a reactor with the "known" fuel (lithium, nickel, hydrogen, etc.)

In other words, with the following assumed true :
    1) "Fuel" amount very small, under a couple of grams.
    2) "Fuel" consisting of the assumed materials, Lithium, Nickel, Hydrogen, possibly trace others.
    3) The reactor housing material assumed (Alumina) melting temperature, mass amount involved etc.
    4) Assuming the heating coils would burn out before melting the reactor.

Reactor melt downs have been reported by various experimenters (to my recollection). If the fuel size and makeup is theoretically impossible to melt down the reactor, it is strong evidence of an unknown heat source. If the opposite is true, i.e. the fuel makeup, amount plus heating coils could chemically melt down the reactor, then it is not such a big deal.

What are the thoughts on this? Again, assuming someone is not cheating.

Perhaps Dewey would confirm if IH ever saw a reactor melt down?

Inquiring minds want to know! ^^

• You'd have to qualify what was meant by reactor meltdown - e.g. which bits were melting.

Then, one cause would be heating coils shorting or forming necks and generating high transient local power. Under some circumstances this could also be high transient global power. These designs have small thermal mass and are susceptible to high temperatures on power overload, especially locally.

• I can see that R was out in full force early this AM Miami time. With smoke in the cockpit, he better figure something out soon.

Alan - would you care to further iterate on the hearsay you reference in your aforementioned test and chain-of-custody comments?

• So why they didn't say a word before the suit? Why they showed the plant to investors if they did not believe it could work?

Why do you keep saying that IH did not say a word before the suit?
    I would ask you as why didn't Rossi say he was considering the testing in FL the QPT until fall of 2015?

Of course IH would allow their primary investor to visit their research and testing sites - all of them. Peter and Henry visited several of IH's supported sites. Their trip to Fl was near the end of their US visits. It would be hard to disallow their visit to Fl as well before they returned to the UK.

• Official Post

I do not have enough education or experience in the thermal dynamics required to determine if a dog bone sized container would / could hold enough "fuel" to melt down the ceramic housing. I realize that with gross "trickery", such as loading it with thermite could possibly do this, but in Mr. Smith's description, this melt down was done at IH and under their control. I find it unlikely that someone slipped in thermite to the reactor.

Bob. Thermite is a no-go for this trick. I have tried it several times to see how easy it is to make a fake this way, with pure thermite and also thermite 'moderated' with aluminium oxide as an extender to slow things down. In almost every case the pressure build-up inside -or possibly the thermal shock - makes the pure fused aloxite reactor body burst into sharp-edged pieces before anything could be described as 'melted'. It never gets to 1000 degrees, let along the 1700C required to melt the casing. I have a YT video clip somewhere where the plug in the reactor blew out, but I have had more violent bangs. - Ill add the link when I track it down.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That is the only way to look at everything, Rossi has done till now.
    As it seems, brilliant light power offers a lot more insight in their invention, and they look a lot more professional in their presentations, they also have at least a lot more informative webpage.

Rossi showed nothing, then a blurry picture of something, that simply looks like a blue led.

In fact this was the reason, why I completely lost my trust in Rossi. I expected a lot more from him, and a lot more in terms of a road map.

Again he is keeping secrets over secrets, all his arguments regarding test-setups really seem to indicate, that he either refuses to run proper, scientific tests or he and his crew is simply not educated enough to run the tests in a proper manner. I can expect Rossi, to be not educated enough, but I really doubt, that his crew is not educated enough.

Rossi also seems to defend himself with really nonsense arguments, why he did not ran tests in the ways, which are proposed by his supporters.
    This is again a sign for either not being able to interpret/understand the recommended test-scenarios or simple a refusing of proposals. One reason for refusing could be, that he really knows, what those tests would show, and in order to prevent being asked for those testresults afterwards, he already blocks them in advance. One reason for this is, that the results of the proposed tests could indeed debunk all his fraud.

So, in general we can say: Everything he does, just hinders to create a bigger supporter-base of believers, it adds more harm then use to the entire story. Especially other optional interested inverstors will be thraetened by his kind of "explanations".

Why would someone do this ?
    This is really some lunatic behaviour.

So, if the potential new investors could have been convinced by proper behaviour, he would have less problems in general, money wouldn't be an issue, in terms of paying anything (back) to IH, if the lawsuit against him will end in a success for IH. He also would have access to true, scientific researchers, which surely would ne able, to setup proper test-scenarios.

So, all we can see is, that he somehow seems to want to do it alone, then admitted, that he is not able to and now wants to achieve it with as less help as possible, therefore potentially hiring/employing idiots, which perhaps are not scientific enough to conduct proper tests.

What is so secret about his current investors/coworkers/agencies ?
    Why don't we get insight into the relationships, so that some of us can start researching those parties, too?

In the end everything seems, as if he does not want to cover/hide his patent/recipe/approach/invention, in order to put him as the only one offering it, but it seems as if he really wants to cover/hide anything, that might lead to full disclosure of his never working device.
    Lunatic at its best. Isn't it ?

• Alan - so it seems that you have some inside information - that is interesting.

Where do you get that the formula transfer from Rossi referenced in the July blog post by R actually translated into a successful reactor test run that produced excess heat?

• Alan - I guess my question was too difficult to understand. I did not ask for your source and don't care to know (although I have some interesting thoughts about that). I asked for your observations / thoughts, if you have any, on any test results that resulted from the formula hand-off?

• Thanks Alan - no firings but the beatings shall continue until moral improves.

Mr. DR Man - Rossi has severely impaired his ability to raise funds - that game has likely come to a close.

Monty - Are you in charge of the reptiles on Planet Rossi? Are you looking for a place to shed your skin?

• Bob. Thermite is a no-go for this trick.

Thanks to all for the responses...

So far it seems that thermite has been ruled out.

Other responses seem to say there are possibilities of a chemical / electrical source, but not a really defined hypothesis. Heater wires and materials changing into conductive phases can only be considered if the power source is uncontrolled and perhaps the melting locality fairly small. I.E. heat concentration. I am assuming that the power input was controlled to "X" levels. A certain wattage input for example. How else would one be able to calculate excess power if it was not?

So in these experiments that melted, it appears that the input was usually in the 500 to 800 watt range. (Although I have no factual sources other than blog comments and my limited understanding). I do not think 800 watts would melt the Alumina dogbone as Mr. Smith and some other have revealed. So the required heat would have to come from either A)chemical reaction of the fuel B) some unknown reaction such as LENR.

I appreciate the responses and would further inquire on:

If the input was around 800 watts, would this suffice for a general, rather large area meltdown as seemingly described? I am assuming, based upon Mr. Smith's response that this was not a small localized explosive event, but a true temperature based melting over a larger area, thus the "puddle". It seems that insulation is not used in these experiments, so the heat surely comes from interior generated sources that have to reach the level to melt and is not an accumulated event such as an "oven".

Thoughts?

P.S. Perhaps the wrong thread to discuss. Any interest of going down this path and if so, what thread?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.