The Trillion Dollar Concept: Negative Differential Resistance

• So what are the components of an LENR fuel in a system utilizing a NR.

- Hydrogen or deuterium would seem to be required.

- Argon or perhaps other noble gases could act as catalysts, help form EVOs, etc.

- Lithium could act directly as a fuel via multiple processes.

- Metal nano-particles from the cathode could undergo nuclear reactions.

- In the BLP system, isolated water molecules are catalytic.

• By the way, I found a talk by Randell Mills in which he explains the exact mechanism that enhances the rate of hydrino formation. He doesn't use the term, "negative resistance" but he speaks of how an arc discharge's current can go up as the voltage goes down. I really think that even if someone did not want to do an exact replication of the QX or SK and achieve an ideal resonance condition, some excess energy could be measured by simply pulsing an LENR fuel mixture through the negative resistance zone. For example, I wonder if Ken Shoulder's would have achieved better results if he had attempted to produce EVOs in a mixture of hydrogen, argon, and while somehow adding lithium.

• I have a lot to talk about in this post.

First, I'd like to say that I'm more pessimistic than ever about the future of LENR. Repeatedly, I notice that the most creative individuals who come up with unique ideas are also the most difficult to interact with. No one is a perfect person; however, it seems like having a high powered LENR technology can make just about anyone go power mad. All of a sudden, they think they are far more significant and important than others around them, they must have absolute and total control over every issue, and they have the authority to order others around. I'm realizing that inventor's syndrome has even more symptoms than I thought. Every single time someone comes up with a revolutionary technology, they catch this disease.

Secondly, I still think a negative differential resistance and the formation of a plasmoid with a double layer is critical to high powered plasma based LENR. If we had more teams doing OPEN LENR research, this would be very good news, because there are so many different configurations and fuel combinations to experiment with. And, unlike most forms of powder based LENR, I think the chance of producing some degree of excess heat is significantly higher. Then a ton of parameters can be adjusted to maximize the effect. The most important, of course, would be the production of a highly resonant condition producing ion acoustic waves. I think it would be fascinating to have such a system in which you could change the distance between the electrodes, the shape of the electrodes, the gas pressure, the resistance/capacitance of your circuit, etc.

Thirdly, I sure wish BLP would drop their purely political position that LENR is a fantasy and hydrinos have nothing to do with cold fusion. The truth is that I think altered forms of hydrogen are vitally important to LENR, and the Suncell could likely be modified so that it could produce sustained excess heat without a constant input of hydrogen. Instead of molten metal, I would suggest they build a more QX/SK type device that utilizes a mixture of hydrino catalysts in a pure plasma discharge (except perhaps for nano-particles produced when their electrodes are sputtered) maintained at high resonance in the negative resistance regime. I believe they could jump ahead and become the leaders of the entire field.